Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Flowers91

Being Lebanese

Rate this topic

Can I just say how lucky I feel to be lebanese lol! I find us the most open minded people in this place who actually use their intellect to think about things before jumping and saying things are halal & haraam ! Like God gave us brains, and i'm glad you guys use them!

P.s. Before anyone comes here saying patriotism is Haraam etc etc, just don't bother.

post-71819-0-94153600-1314917755_thumb.g

Edited by Flowers91

Well that's what Lebanese are all about, isn't it? Unity.

Hence why they refer to themselves as Lebanese, BEFORE, going to extra detail (e.g. Sunni, Shiite, Maronite etc.)

i must say.. when i saw the title

"being lebanese" i thought i'd complete the statement with "sucks"

LOL but im just joking :P

i dont see the big hoo haaa about lebs i mean..youre all kinda violent and aggressive :| LOL na thats just me stereotyping

but i respect you all for your solidarity with each other.. and your pride for your country makes me laugh.

if i had to describe you all with one word it would have to be "funny" cuz you all make me laugh soo much even when youre being serious :lol: wacky bunch of fellas! na respect to the leb bros and sisters and of course Salutee to the mighty hezbollah!

hahaha ok well i had to put some kinda seriousness into the thread otherwise i would've looked like a typical ditsy lebanese saying i heart lebanon lol! i'm sure there are other educated logical and open minded people in this place !

kolona lel wattannn

I don't think you can say Lebanese peoples are open minded to the extent that you have, my family seem to find it okay to have a bit of racism in thinking Blacks aren't as good as they are (Mostly Sudanese peoples), and they also seem to majorly take pride in their country to the extent that they downgrade everyone else with a lack of respect at times. I myself detest these actions but it's too common a practice over there.

I don't think you can say Lebanese peoples are open minded to the extent that you have, my family seem to find it okay to have a bit of racism in thinking Blacks aren't as good as they are (Mostly Sudanese peoples), and they also seem to majorly take pride in their country to the extent that they downgrade everyone else with a lack of respect at times. I myself detest these actions but it's too common a practice over there.

yeah i agree to an extent - loads of the locals have no respect for animals either. the horrors I saw. and yeah, my teta is the same about black people

but i really just meant the observations i've seen on this forum rather than the outside

yeah i agree to an extent - loads of the locals have no respect for animals either. the horrors I saw. and yeah, my teta is the same about black people

but i really just meant the observations i've seen on this forum rather than the outside

Oh well I wouldn't know in that case haha.

But yeah, I've seen them just kick dogs or slaughter the ones feeding their puppies or something. I'm proud of my culture and everything but Islam isn't being presented correctly at all.

Oh well I wouldn't know in that case haha.

But yeah, I've seen them just kick dogs or slaughter the ones feeding their puppies or something. I'm proud of my culture and everything but Islam isn't being presented correctly at all.

omg slaughter ones feeding their puppies :o i saw loads in the se7a kicking a disabled dog, and he was squealing and running under from one car to another. I went up to someone standing there who told me he was my 'dad's cousin' and dad ended up not knowing who he was ! anyway. he was acting all like aww poor dog etc, but didnt do ANYTHING - anyway long, and distressing story !

okay , i retract my statement

but islamically i feel they arn't as heavy handed, which in some circumstances is a bad thing, and in others a very good thing.

Weird, if Lebs love their own country so much why are they so desperate to be Iranian?

yeah, i don't know where you heard that from. as far as i'm concerned, iranians would die to be lebanese :P

I remember a few years back, a bunch of teenagers were kicking a little kitten, even cut a piece of its tail off, and squirting it with water and throwing firecrackers at it in the street and it tried to hide under my uncle's Volvo. I was so furious, I ran out and yelled at all of them, how can they do this to an innocent creation of Allah!? The poor little thing was so terrified, I grabbed it and we nursed it back to health, alhamdillah it survived and a year later had 4 beautiful babies, mashallah.

This was in Bourj al Barajneh if anyone's wondering :dry:

I remember a few years back, a bunch of teenagers were kicking a little kitten, even cut a piece of its tail off, and squirting it with water and throwing firecrackers at it in the street and it tried to hide under my uncle's Volvo. I was so furious, I ran out and yelled at all of them, how can they do this to an innocent creation of Allah!? The poor little thing was so terrified, I grabbed it and we nursed it back to health, alhamdillah it survived and a year later had 4 beautiful babies, mashallah.

omg that's disgustinnng :( :( wwhy would you do that to such a beautiful little thing! aww im glad it survived :rolleyes:

people who love animals are generally kind and caring people, so 'having a cat at all times' will be part of my marriage contract to deter crazy lebanese animal abusers :squeez:

Indeed, Lebanon is a great, unique place!

Animal cruelty is indeed a problem...but there is an organization that tries to deal with it:

http://www.animalslebanon.org/

Edited by Sir

Because they support Seyyed Ali Khamenei?

Why do they support Syed Khamenei? Because of all the cash he's giving them? Whether you think it's for legitimate uses or not, he's still giving them money.

Edited by haidar al karrar

Why do they support Syed Khamenei? Because of all the cash he's giving them? Whether you think it's for legitimate uses or not, he's still giving them money.

And your upset because the shirazis are lacking money, spiritual influence and pulling power ? because more people know about south lebanon and SHN and FADLALLAH then they do about whoever it is you follow ?

or is it because some beautiful Lebanese girl, that every guy in the Middle East wants, broke your heart ?

Or maybe deep down inside you want a Lebanese guy :P

settle down hitler !!!!

Can I just say how lucky I feel to be lebanese lol! I find us the most open minded people in this place who actually use their intellect to think about things before jumping and saying things are halal & haraam ! Like God gave us brains, and i'm glad you guys use them!

P.s. Before anyone comes here saying patriotism is Haraam etc etc, just don't bother.

post-71819-0-94153600-1314917755_thumb.g

It is a special previllage for anyone to be born into a Lebanese family, :)

Lebanon is 1 of the oldest continuously inhabitated places on earth, and thats for obvious reasons, Its so beautiful that people have continuesly fought over its small stretch of land ever since history itself was first recorded.

romans:

1252106592Ie83TW.jpg

crusaders:

lebanon_byblos3.jpg

phonesian:

lebanon_tyre2.jpg

and unfortunatly saudis have also left their mark too :lol: :

Saad-Hariri_0.jpg

The land is fertile and lush, just look at the lushious foods that come from our beautiful soil.

YUM COCKTELL!!!!!

tumblr_kwfx58ssdc1qanlxe.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

252247947_1cf9180545.jpg

the sweets: say no more!!!!

Leb+Sweets+003_Resize.jpg

The natural wonders are especialy aswesome and beautiful.

lebanon_beyrut_landmark.jpg

cedar%20tree.jpgtumblr_l6olcaMBcH1qanlxe.jpg

worldholdon.1173408780.jeita-grotto.jpglebanon107.jpg

OK, but lets not forget, the most beautiful Lebanese of them all:

nasrallah_265x336.jpg

Its a tough job being Lebanese, but someones gotta do it. :)

112806-hezbollah-outward-bo.jpg

May Allah bless you and your family,

@ op, i'm sure lebanon is a nice place, but all this cruelty to animals makes me sick

Yeah OP's right. Lebanon is awesome. I love its flag, its worth in history, its diversity, its landscapes, and let me admit it, its beautiful girls.

I like it how this tiny country has space for religion and secularism and all things in-between.

I don't like its politics, though; but then I don't like the politics of any Middle Eastern country.

@ Adilrizvi: Your pics cracked me like a walnut man :lol: