Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Flowers91

Being Lebanese

Rate this topic

- Lack of basic infrastructure, such as heating, electricity and clean water to the point where government-run electricity is provided in 6 hour cycles and drinking water has to be purchased in jugs;

- A political landscape that has been one of the most tumultuous in recent history--one that is wrought with injustice and corruption;

- A horrendous education system that sees the majority of Lebanese people place their children in private elementary and secondary schools;

- Levels of corruption (see telecommunications industry) the likes of which you cannot comprehend;

- Lack of economic opportunity anywhere in the country, save for a few pockets in Beirut;

- No national military infrastructure to protect itself from occupation;

- A large segment of the local population, especially youth, are trying to leave the country for better opportunity because they realize they have no future there;

- Levels of food and water contamination that are among the highest in the region, to the point where it has become a serious public concern;

- Lack of any formal institutions or guidelines that provide order and balance to society, not to mention the lack of government infrastructure outside of Beirut;

- The worst internet system in the world.

All of this and you are proud to be Lebanese? Typical nonsense perpetuated by the diaspora. What exactly are you proud of? It's one thing to say, "I am from Lebanon and I hold ties to the country," as opposed to feelings of inflated pride that really have no basis in reality. Hey, believe what you want, I don't care, but perhaps you should assess the country on the basis of things that actually matter--infrastructure, economics, health care, politics and the ability to provide a decent standard of living for your citizens. These should be assessed before you become a watani. A Shi'a Muslim watani, at that. Oh, the irony.

Bro why are you such a dunya guy?

First you reject marriage based on cost-benefit analysis, and now this?

Lebanese people have achieved a lot in the past 10, 11 years.

- Lack of basic infrastructure, such as heating, electricity and clean water to the point where government-run electricity is provided in 6 hour cycles and drinking water has to be purchased in jugs;

- A political landscape that has been one of the most tumultuous in recent history--one that is wrought with injustice and corruption;

- A horrendous education system that sees the majority of Lebanese people place their children in private elementary and secondary schools;

- Levels of corruption (see telecommunications industry) the likes of which you cannot comprehend;

- Lack of economic opportunity anywhere in the country, save for a few pockets in Beirut;

- No national military infrastructure to protect itself from occupation;

- A large segment of the local population, especially youth, are trying to leave the country for better opportunity because they realize they have no future there;

- Levels of food and water contamination that are among the highest in the region, to the point where it has become a serious public concern;

- Lack of any formal institutions or guidelines that provide order and balance to society, not to mention the lack of government infrastructure outside of Beirut;

- The worst internet system in the world.

All of this and you are proud to be Lebanese? Typical nonsense perpetuated by the diaspora. What exactly are you proud of? It's one thing to say, "I am from Lebanon and I hold ties to the country," as opposed to feelings of inflated pride that really have no basis in reality. Hey, believe what you want, I don't care, but perhaps you should assess the country on the basis of things that actually matter--infrastructure, economics, health care, politics and the ability to provide a decent standard of living for your citizens. These should be assessed before you become a watani. A Shi'a Muslim watani, at that. Oh, the irony.

It reminds me of a poem by the legendary Khalil Gibran. Here are selected lines. Google for the complete version:

My Countrymen

What do you seek, my countrymen?

Do you desire that I build for

You gorgeous palaces, decorated

With words of empty meaning, or

Temples roofed with dreams?

Speak your insane wish!

I have sung for you, but you did not

Dance; I have wept before you, but

You did not cry. Shall I sing and

Weep at the same time?

I have loved you, My Countrymen, but

My love for you is painful to me

And useless to you; and today

I hate you...

I have pitied your weakness, My Countrymen,

But my pity has but increased your feebleness,

Exalting and nourishing slothfulness

which is vain to life.

And today I see your infirmity which

my soul loathes and fears.

Today I am mocking at your suffering,

What do you desire, My Countrymen?

Do you wish for me to show you

The ghost of your countenance

On the face of still water?

Come, now, and see how ugly you are!

Look and meditate!

What is it that you seek, My Countrymen?

Your souls are freezing in the

Clutches of the priests and

Sorcerers, And your bodies

Tremble between the paws of the

Despots and the shedders of

Blood, And your country quakes

Under the marching feet of the

Conquering enemy...

Hypocrisy is your religion, and

Falsehood is your life, and

Nothingness is your ending; why,

Then, are you living? Is not

Death the sole comfort of the

Miserable?

Knowledge is a light, enriching

The warmth of life, and all may

Partake who seek it out; but you

My countrymen, seek out darkness

And flee the light, awaiting the

Coming of water from the rock,

And your nation's misery is your

Crime. I do not forgive you

Your sins, for you know what you

Are doing.

I hate you, my countrymen, because

You hate glory and greatness. I

Despise you because you despise

Yourselves. I am your enemy, for

You refuse to realize that you are

The enemies of the goddesses.

Salaam

Flowers your very unlucky because you are a nationalist and the prophet said about nationalism:

"leave it it stinks"

i never seen anyone saying " am so lucky i stink so much" lol

just leave it as people have advised you yes nationalism is haraam

nationalism caused all the hatred and wars in the world and it caused all the supremacy complexes including the WWRs

and the reason for nationalism is selfishness and pride the exact same reason that took iblees to hell

iraqies think thay are the best , lebanese think the same, turks think the same, iranians think the same, germans think the same and so on

whoever puts his identity as his nationality then is far away from islam

the nationality is not relevant in islam

you will find open minded people amongst the lebanese and also closed minded people and you will see the same everywhere

even if there are some generalizations which have truth in them we should not say them because they do not benefit anything other than racism

lets say Lebanese are better at A and B and C

and pakis are better at D and E and F

and so on

Edited by alimohamad40

Salaam

Flowers your very unlucky because you are a nationalist and the prophet said about nationalism:

"leave it it stinks"

nationalism caused all the hatred and wars in the world and it caused all the supremacy complexes including the WWRs

and the reason for nationalism is selfishness and pride the exact same reason that took iblees to hell

iraqies think thay are the best , lebanese think the same, turks think the same, iranians think the same, germans think the same and so on

you will find open minded people amongst the lebanese and also closed minded people and you will see the same everywhere

even if there are some generalizations which have truth in them we should not say them because they do not benefit anything other than racism

and so on

im not saying im better than anyone else. Dude, if no one was proud of their country and cared for it, it would be a mess! Why does the prophet and everyone else say "protect your wattan (country - yeah i'm cool just slipping in arabic words to look like i'm knowledgeable, lol)" - you would protect your own before you go protecting other peoples.

most recent example is of the london riots. those who took part had no sense for their community or for their country.

I don't mean bring proud as in not putting people below myself or being above any other country or system or state

Nationalism isn't always haram. Often nationalism is equated to racism. Racism is haram. Any feeling of superiority is haram. No one here is presuming they're superior to any other human. You need to understand what ta'assub is before accusing others of it, Imam Khomaini explained it best http://www.al-islam.org/fortyhadith/8.htm and Imam Khomaini spoke extensively about Iran and Iranians. No person should look down upon anyone for any reason, and from people's replies here, no one is looking down upon anyone or having any feelings of superiority, they're simply stating attachment to their origins.

no one is looking down upon anyone or having any feelings of superiority, they're simply stating attachment to their origins.

(salam)

Original post:

Can I just say how lucky I feel to be lebanese lol! I find us the most open minded people in this place who actually use their intellect to think about things before jumping and saying things are halal & haraam ! Like God gave us brains, and i'm glad you guys use them!

Wassalam

^ Let it go, for goodness' sake. Some people just feel an attachment to their roots and feel like they are privileged to be a part of a nation/nation-state. I doubt they all literally look down upon everybody else. Mountain out of a mole hill. Only on ShiaChat would a simple, everyday miniature-spark of nationalism invoke such an over reaction. Get off your high horses once in a while.

I also said:

"P.s. Before anyone comes here saying patriotism is Haraam etc etc, just don't bother."

wassalam.

Ummmm what you said or didnt say doesnt really matter to me

either way my post count is going up

(wasalam)

Edited by 14infallibles

Bro why are you such a dunya guy?

Lebanese people have achieved a lot in the past 10, 11 years.

What does this even mean? I'm a dunya guy? I suppose participating in nationalism makes one a non-dunya person? I'm simply calling out blatant displays of Lebanese nationalism when they have no merit in reality. Like I've said before, I respect whatever connection ex-pats have with their homeland. I understand. It's natural and quite normal. However, the level of nationalist nonsense I see among the diaspora is quite offensive--it reminds me in a way of the Brazilian government painting their shanty towns bright colours so as to not offend tourists. If Lebanese people want to talk about how amazing our country is, I will simply point to reality. And Lebanon hasn't accomplished anything in 10-11 years--the Resistance accomplished everything. That is, everything of substance. There are more SUVs in Lebanon today; a housing bubble ballooning out of control and a few neat tourist communities who cater to foreigners. I don't consider any of these accomplishments. In terms of building a formidable resistance, knocking down Israeli infrastructure and remaining steadfast in its goals, there is only one organization doing this.

You know what, you could say this for many developing countries in the world. Its not just Lebanon. Even the developed world was like this many years ago, and they developed because they persevered.

Many countries are in a similar position, but I haven't come across a diaspora so arrogant about an irreconcilable homeland that has very little to offer its people other than corruption. I hope they persevere; I hope that God helps all of the believers. My problem is with nationalist jockies who like to tell the world about how amazing their country is, yet their relatives at home have no access to clean drinking water, electricity and education.

I don't believe that a country needs to have worldly desires for it to be a good place to live; I also don't believe that it has to be classified as a first world country for its ex-pats to speak positively about it. But here you have a country that is built on corruption, a false sense of identity and some of the absolute worst infrastructure in the world. Instead of flaunting your nationalism, have a little decency. Better yet, work toward improving your country so that your positive words have meaning. But it just goes to show you what the umma values--the beaches, the belly dancers, the night life and the hot weather.

Can you start posting on the events that are occuring in Syria, i would like to see your views on the situation over there, there are many threads on this topic in shiachat and i think your input would be very intresting as you have strong knowledgable of the area.

Learned is also a very knowledgable member, but unfortunatly i haven't seen much of that member either, their input on the situation in Syria would also be intresting.

There's too much [Edited Out] being posted. If there's one in particular, let me know. All I know is the Resistance has absolutely no need for alienating a Muslim ally that has supported its policies against Israeli hegemony. I think it's unfortunate that we need a Allawi dictatorship in order to have Syria on board.

Edited by asphyxiated

What does this even mean? I'm a dunya guy? I suppose participating in nationalism makes one a non-dunya person? I'm simply calling out blatant displays of Lebanese nationalism when they have no merit in reality. Like I've said before, I respect whatever connection ex-pats have with their homeland. I understand. It's natural and quite normal. However, the level of nationalist nonsense I see among the diaspora is quite offensive--it reminds me in a way of the Brazilian government painting their shanty towns bright colours so as to not offend tourists. If Lebanese people want to talk about how amazing our country is, I will simply point to reality. And Lebanon hasn't accomplished anything in 10-11 years--the Resistance accomplished everything. That is, everything of substance. There are more SUVs in Lebanon today; a housing bubble ballooning out of control and a few neat tourist communities who cater to foreigners. I don't consider any of these accomplishments. In terms of building a formidable resistance, knocking down Israeli infrastructure and remaining steadfast in its goals, there is only one organization doing this.

Many countries are in a similar position, but I haven't come across a diaspora so arrogant about an irreconcilable homeland that has very little to offer its people other than corruption. I hope they persevere; I hope that God helps all of the believers. My problem is with nationalist jockies who like to tell the world about how amazing their country is, yet their relatives at home have no access to clean drinking water, electricity and education.

I don't believe that a country needs to have worldly desires for it to be a good place to live; I also don't believe that it has to be classified as a first world country for its ex-pats to speak positively about it. But here you have a country that is built on corruption, a false sense of identity and some of the absolute worst infrastructure in the world. Instead of flaunting your nationalism, have a little decency. Better yet, work toward improving your country so that your positive words have meaning. But it just goes to show you what the umma values--the beaches, the belly dancers, the night life and the hot weather.

There's too much [Edited Out] being posted. If there's one in particular, let me know. All I know is the Resistance has absolutely no need for alienating a Muslim ally that has supported its policies against Israeli hegemony. I think it's unfortunate that we need a Allawi dictatorship in order to have Syria on board.

And what are you again? Syrian? LOL, If you are, you're the last person that should be badmouthing Lebanon... Why in the hell are you hating on people who love their country? If anything, it's the surrounding countries who have been holding it back from advancing the way it should have since long... Wars, political influences and of course the lovely Palestinians...

The way you talk and your moronical reasoning strongly suggests that you would prefer Israelstine or any country in the west to "Simple Mother Lands" just because they are more up to your standards...

Flowers ya e5te, dont worry about them....

Your all haters, Jealous fools...

Remember, if it wasnt for the Shia of Jabil Amel, Iran would be a Sunni State :) so asphyxiated please bro dont talk to me about accomplishments !!! If you are Syrian, i have nothing against you, but i would like to simply mentioned that your country headquartered Yazid, Mu2awiya & co...

We Headquartered Abu Tharr

Look at your nation now and then look at ours..

Dont talk economics and 3rd world status, because clearly i dont think anyone who posted here, was speaking of how superior our country is... We are simply talking about the love we have for our dear villages... Mate, internet and electricity isnt everything, you should try living without it, you might actually learn a few things about yourself !

Salaam

"leave it it stinks"

and so on

Lebanese may love their country but they do not love their government, so that dosn't make them nationalist,

Lebanon itself is not seeking to start an empire or conquere its neighbours, Lebanon is a fractured country exploited by its neighbours for it divisions,if anything they are the opposite of nationalism, maybe a bit of nationalism will only do it good for its future. countrys like Israel, Saudi Arabia or even Iran would either, not be able to or have no need to meddle in the politics of the country, Lebanese would stand united impartial to secterian or ethnic divisions. isnt that a good thing???? remeber These divisions resulteed in about 200000 deaths during the 75 to 90 civil war.

Surely if a bit of Nationalism in a country translates to its stability and saves lives then it should not be seen as haram.

Remember, if it wasnt for the Shia of Jabil Amel, Iran would be a Sunni State :) so asphyxiated please bro dont talk to me about accomplishments !!! If you are Syrian, i have nothing against you, but i would like to simply mentioned that your country headquartered Yazid, Mu2awiya & co...

Dont talk economics and 3rd world status, because clearly i dont think anyone who posted here, was speaking of how superior our country is... We are simply talking about the love we have for our dear villages... Mate, internet and electricity isnt everything, you should try living without it, you might actually learn a few things about yourself !

asphyxiated is Lebanese shia, I dont know why you and Violently_Happy are calling him Syrian, maybe yous are not reading the posts very well. :)

I presonally think everyones getting their wires crossed.

we all know that there are many beautiful things about Lebanon and many things goinig for it in its favour,

such as, its beauty, its history, its awesome food,culture, its geography. etc.

but one thing certainly not going for it as asphyxiated has pointed out is the way its being run by crooks, who do not care for anything about Lebanon other than the size of their Lebanese bank deposits.

Edited by south-lebanon

salaam

brother asphyxiated i agree with you. these days its so hard to find people who have stripped away their national identity and put forward their ideological identity . When we give evidence of how much strife it is causing they ignore it .

I am getting so sick of this that i use reverse psychology . last time i was with a man and he is telling me:

We Iraqis are the best people ( i am also from Iraq background but i even hesitate to call myself Iraqi i just say i was born there or that's my back ground so it wouldn't appear as a national identity given any importance)

he told me " us iraqies are the best people in the world"

I said : " look everywhere there are good and bad people"

he insisted " yes but we are the best, we are generous, good etc"

lol

i said to him: " actually we are the worse in the world you know why?"

i remember when we were in Iraq when people want to catch a bus they don't use a Que but they jump from the windows of the bus like savage animals to preserve a seat...

If they were islamic then islam means organization..... when there was a revolution against saddam people became involved in looting ..... the sewage is floating... ETC

it just makes me so sick that people always take pride in things they have not achieved themselves and that is the attributes of the hypocrites as mentioned in the quraan " those who like to be praised by what they have not done"

They take pride in things that they did not choose or things that they had no role in whatsoever as if its an achievement of theirs.

Egyptions shout about " the pharonic civilization" and that Egypt is the mother of the world!!! maybe while he is making his claim he will be distracted and trip and fall in a hole in middle of the street full of sewerage water

for god's sake what role did you have in building the pyramids? and what pride do you take in those tyrants who killed the prophets

?

Excuse my language

some one said: " if Egypt is the mother of the world then it all makes sense why the world is such a daughter of a ***** "

exactly the same disease in Iraq they are so proud of the Babylon empires who were mainly tyrants and pagans or prophet killers and they keep saying " we are the first civilization on earth" i wonder how the first civilization on earth has failed to teach its citizens to not jump through the windows of a bus like savages and not to jump ques.

I mean at least clean the sewerage from your house then start talking before you sink into it while your making your false claims...

They really love it it tickles their ego and raises their self

They are such desperate failures who have no real achievements so they resort to trying to steal the credit from people of 3000 years ago or just make up lies and believe their own lies to stay in that happy fantasy.

Iranians " we are the aryans (Nazi ideology) and we had the first civilization and rules the world"

they are so proud of an empire where the son killed the father and the father killed the son just for the throne and they prophet killing monsters of Persia

one iranian was saying " Abraham was an iranian" lol

okay maybe he was but why is it so important to elevate your nation? just to elevate your low self right?

its a lacking and emptiness that the human wants to fill up with an empty bubble to boost the ego

I know i will propably get a death sentence for sayign these things but I dont care anymore because i have had it with nationalism

i watched the way iraqis of the same ideologies opposed khoomainy under this racist iran iraq thing ... they put forward their nationalism before their religion...

I am also aware of the WWRs and the racist fuel that fed them where 70 million people died in the second one

I watch racism in my community . people reject Eachother for marriage or people bad mouth each other or people hog each mosque for particular nationality

brother i also want to hear your views about the mess that's happening in Syria now because its making me very uncomfortable and i want opinions with no bias and who would provide a better opinion that the person who got rid of their own nationalist bias ?

some people say it could be the sufyanis movement emerging

some people saying to say Bashar have put mainly alawis in high position is a myth

some people say majority of the people are with the assad

so am questioning if majority are with him why not announce a referendum to avoid all the bloodshed?

any way maybe in another thread so I dont sidetrack this one

Lebanese may love their country but they do not love their government, so that dosn't make them nationalist,

Lebanon itself is not seeking to start an empire or conquere its neighbours, Lebanon is a fractured country exploited by its neighbours for it divisions,if anything they are the opposite of nationalism, maybe a bit of nationalism will only do it good for its future. countrys like Israel, Saudi Arabia or even Iran would either, not be able to or have no need to meddle in the politics of the country, Lebanese would stand united impartial to secterian or ethnic divisions. isnt that a good thing???? remeber These divisions resulteed in about 200000 deaths during the 75 to 90 civil war.

Surely if a bit of Nationalism in a country translates to its stability and saves lives then it should not be seen as haram.

asphyxiated is Lebanese shia, I dont know why you and Violently_Happy are calling him Syrian, maybe yous are not reading the posts very well. :)

I presonally think everyones getting their wires crossed.

we all know that there are many beautiful things about Lebanon and many things goinig for it in its favour,

such as, its beauty, its history, its awesome food,culture, its geography. etc.

but one thing certainly not going for it as asphyxiated has pointed out is the way its being run by crooks, who do not care for anything about Lebanon other than the size of their Lebanese bank deposits.

salam brother south we are not talking about that type of nationalism

if nationalism means you love Lebanon and work your life to fix it and make it a better place and encourage unity between the sectors then thats welcomed for sure

the negative nationalism is to think you are better and to segregate yourelf from other humans who are from different backgrounds but have your same ideology

so in reality who is the Lebanese? why am i not one?

if i love that country and love to fix it just like i would love any place on earth

why limit yourself to an imaginary line that France and Britain drew up for you and respect that line and regard it holy?

who is the Iranian? who is the Iraqi? didnt shaheed sadr say that iraq and iran are Fay for all Muslims? (public property)

racism is to favor one on the other because you belong to that one and this is the exact thing that flowers is feeling and admitting

as you see

Can I just say how lucky I feel to be lebanese lol! I find us the most open minded people in this place who actually use their intellect to think about things before jumping and saying things are halal & haraam ! Like God gave us brains, and i'm glad you guys use them!

here are some hadeeths about racism which Brother JIMJAM has posted on another thread as you see the definition of racism is to favor one over the other which is exactly the essence of nationalism or tribalism because you give that nation a priority based on unreasonable grounds other than the selfish drive that you belong to it.

Imam Jafar as.gif said;

“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘Whoever practices racial discrimination or it is practiced for him has removed the collar of belief from his neck.’”

Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2542, CH 119, h 2

“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘Whoever has racist feelings in his heart of the size of mustard seed, on the Day of Judgment Allah will raise him with the Arabs of the time of Jahiliyah (dark age).’”

Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2543, CH 119, h 3

“On the Day of Judgment Allah will join those who practice racial discrimination with a race in fire.”

Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2544, CH 119, h 4

“The angels thought that Satan was one of them. In the knowledge of Allah he was not one of them. He (Satan) let out that which was in his soul with racist feelings and anger saying,‘You have created me from fire and You created him from clay.’”

Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2546, CH 119, h 6

“Once, Ali ibn al-Husayn, was asked about racist feelings. He said, ‘The racist feeling that is a sin is the one that makes a person call the evil doers of his own people better than the virtuous individuals of the other people. A man’s loving his own people is not racism but it is a sin to help one’s own people to commit injustice.”

Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2547, CH 119, h 7

Edited by alimohamad40

And what are you again? Syrian? LOL, If you are, you're the last person that should be badmouthing Lebanon... Why in the hell are you hating on people who love their country? If anything, it's the surrounding countries who have been holding it back from advancing the way it should have since long... Wars, political influences and of course the lovely Palestinians...

The way you talk and your moronical reasoning strongly suggests that you would prefer Israelstine or any country in the west to "Simple Mother Lands" just because they are more up to your standards...

I was born in Lebanon, you intellectual infantile. My mother is from Bint Jbeil and is a relative of the late Ayatollah Fadlallah. My father is from the Northern Bek'aa. I was born in Beirut during the war. I was in Lebanon as late as 2009. Take a look at your post and compare it to what I said: in no way have you addressed any of the issues I raised. Instead, you revert to more nationalist nonsense. I don't care about Syria. In fact, I've stated repeatedly that the Resistance has no reason to alienate a Muslim ally, but other than that, I don't believe that a Allawi family should rule the country.

In what way have you addressed any of my points? Fools such as yourself are not entitled to an opinion on this matter. Address my points before exposing your ignorance... and then to "accuse" me of being Syrian? Mashallah.

Based on this post, I can tell that you are barely literate. Read my posts again and address my points. I am from Jabal Amel.

There is a significant difference between the nationalist nonsense being spewed by ex-pats and saying something like this:

I admire a large segment of the Lebanese population because of their resilience, hard work and refusal to go along with Zionist aggression. They have accomplished things that the entire umma is too pathetic to accomplish. The Resistance is an inspiration to us all; it remained steadfast when sectarian elements were trying to undermine it, including the efforts of Harriri, Israel and Saudi Arabia to disable its telecommunications network. For this reason, I respect the Lebanese who remain steadfast in their convictions. They have had the most to lose over the past 20 years, yet they have persisted.

But this is not the picture that the ex-pats are drawing. The ex-pats will have you believe that Lebanon is a jannah because of its mountains, night clubs and debke. It just goes to show you what the umma values.

I guess this makes me a dunya person, right? It makes me a dunya person for saying that a country should provide its people with access to clean water, an education system that they can rely on, electricity to heat their homes in the winter time, a health system that provides bare minimum care and a political system that has a modicum of justice.

salaam brother asphyxiated i agree with you. these days its so hard to find people who have stripped away their national identity and put forward their ideological identity . When we give evidence of how much strife it is causing they ignore it . I am getting so sick of this that i use reverse psychology . last time i was with a man and he is telling me: We Iraqis are the best people ( i am also from Iraq background but i even hesitate to call myself Iraqi i just say i was born there or that's my back ground so it wouldn't appear as a national identity given any importance) he told me " us iraqies are the best people in the world" I said : " look everywhere there are good and bad people" he insisted " yes but we are the best, we are generous, good etc" lol i said to him: " actually we are the worse in the world you know why?" i remember when we were in Iraq when people want to catch a bus they don't use a Que but they jump from the windows of the bus like savage animals to preserve a seat... If they were islamic then islam means organization..... when there was a revolution against saddam people became involved in looting ..... the sewage is floating... ETC it just makes me so sick that people always take pride in things they have not achieved themselves and that is the attributes of the hypocrites as mentioned in the quraan " those who like to be praised by what they have not done" They take pride in things that they did not choose or things that they had no role in whatsoever as if its an achievement of theirs.

Mashallah, brother. May God reward you for your clear thinking. Pay no attention to the zealous nationalists; they are merely reliving history and further institutionalizing a nation-state system that does not cohere with the religion or ideology they claim to follow. People should remember what Khomeini said about nationalism, patriotism and Iran.

:lol:

if you people are going to take on asphyxiated, you better have some strong logical arguments and the ability to then resort to ad hominem in a manner that's effective, if you're going to cross-paths with a son of Jabal Amil, you better know what the hell you're doing, especially if they're an angry educated one ^_^

My mother is from Bint Jbeil and is a relative of the late Ayatollah Fadlallah.

bzzbzz

Br. Aba always has good things to say. I love the fact that I am from the heartland of Resistance (Bint Jbeil). I am indebted to every family member who has died as part of the Resistance, as I'm sure you are as well. I am staunchly pro-Resistance. I'm a full-blown Shi'i--saturated in Shi'a fat. I live off of shawarma, tawouk, kafta and tabouli. You should come by my dungeon when I am training and you can listen to Shi'a nasheeds with chest pounding so hard your head will spin. People shouldn't doubt my Shi'a credibility. Hell, I don't even talk to other sects. B)

I was born in Lebanon, you intellectual infantile. My mother is from Bint Jbeil and is a relative of the late Ayatollah Fadlallah. My father is from the Northern Bek'aa. I was born in Beirut during the war. I was in Lebanon as late as 2009. Take a look at your post and compare it to what I said: in no way have you addressed any of the issues I raised. Instead, you revert to more nationalist nonsense. I don't care about Syria. In fact, I've stated repeatedly that the Resistance has no reason to alienate a Muslim ally, but other than that, I don't believe that a Allawi family should rule the country.

In what way have you addressed any of my points? Fools such as yourself are not entitled to an opinion on this matter. Address my points before exposing your ignorance... and then to "accuse" me of being Syrian? Mashallah.

It's morons like you who are ashamed of their cultures and traditions that make a country bad, you remind me of the unpatriotic mami-papi that are ashamed of their own country...

Yes electricity and water sucks, yes internet sucks, yes communication and schooling are not at they should be, yes there are barely good jobs and yes inflation and monopolies have the people enslaved.... But you're missing the whole point, we love Lebanon because of it's simplicity and the weird mixture and zing it has... You would never understand, it took me sometime too don't worry... As anyone who would LOVE their own country no matter what! But wait who am I talking? No wonder I thought you were Syrian or a Jew, because you sounded like one and worst... Don't come in and hijack a simple innocent thread, that's the peak of maturity you showed there brah...

Min bint jbeil? Law ennak 3endak dharra wa7deh men leh 3andon yeh ahel daye3tak ma kent elet leh elto fa 3bo2 a7sanlak... Khallik barra ma7al ma enta, w Allah a.j. la yi khallik ted3assa la aredna mazelak kareha hal2ad... So7kan so7kan, bo3dan bo3dan!!!

If the Resistance warriors of bint jbeil had your kind of morality, Lebanon would have fallen in 2006 you idiot!!! "Kellak zo2 3al msabbet ya akhi fil watan"...

You got into a multi-fail zone as soon as you said you are related to Sayyed Fadlallah, Allah a.j. yer7am ahlak mat najess esmo, you are to him as Noah's son was to his father and entire family if this is how you think...

DeeeeeBo, khayyeh very well said as usual... After a lifetime of struggling, in "super-advanced" spots on earth, we still long to go back to our simple villages and live calmly and even die there, if Allah a.j. gives us life and permits that of course...

Lebanon is a country that is still coming out of it's shell after civil and international wars, it's people are a blend like no other in a unique way... It has so much potential, and it will get there soon enough insha'Allah... And yes It's a BEAUTIFUL country in ALL ways, even the luscious snowy mountains and 30 min downhill sunny beaches and all that moronical stuff you don't seem to like...

Fa rawe2elna yeha chway chreek, ro7 chrablak kebeyet yensoone w 3eechhhh....

post-42979-0-11222400-1315259875_thumb.j

Around 2 months ago in my village...

Guize look well in the middle of the valley where it's whitish, & a bit to it's left, goats & their herder...

Subhan'Allah wa Masha'Allah...

Lebanon is a country that is still coming out of it's shell after civil and international wars, it's people are a blend like no other in a unique way... It has so much potential, and it will get there soon enough insha'Allah... And yes It's a BEAUTIFUL country in ALL ways, even the luscious snowy mountains and 30 min downhill sunny beaches and all that moronical stuff you don't seem to like...

Yeah, I really don't understand what people are expecting from a country that has gone through a million wars and occupation.

Edited by Flowers91