Sign in to follow this  

[MERGED] Eid and Moon Sightings

Rate this topic

salaams,

followers of al Khoei are celebrating Eid tomorow, does anyone know when eid is for followers of Sistani in the UK? ive heard its most likely Wednesday (InshAllah)

(salam)

The latest date for the Eid for followers of al-Sistani in North America is Thursday September 1st. The earliest date for the Eid is August 31st. But we wont know for sure until they see the new moon.

Please keep posting any information that you may have about the Eid.

I have a proposal for all the skeptical hearts. We come to a consensus to delay Eid for 3 weeks based on obligatory precaution. Everyone will have seen the moon by that time. And the mullahs will see it too.

I have a proposal for all the skeptical hearts. We come to a consensus to delay Eid for 3 weeks based on obligatory precaution. Everyone will have seen the moon by that time. And the mullahs will see it too.

Can you tell me honestly whether you are a Muslim at all? Why hide the Religion field?

In Australia the moon was born on Monday at 11:40 am which means the Eid is the next day, why do people have to wait till the moon is 2 days old to stop fasting?????

muqalid of syed al-khu'i

(bismillah)

(salam)

If you look at the map, you can see if it is possible to see the crescent moon tonight in your country. The blue area is if conditions are right, such as no rain, clouds, smoke, fog or smog, etc..The green area is where the moon will be easily visible. The red area will need binoculars or telescope to see the moon. The gray area needs binoculars or telescope to find the moon and then you can try to see it with your eyes. There are reports of seen or not seen on this page, but none from Argentina yet: http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html

1432shw_8-29-2011.gif

thanks - i know about the page, got confirmed sighting in santiago, chile , so its done for me, thanks

(bismillah)

(salam)

Happy Eid to you and your people!

^^^ but the Arabs in lakemba and auburn declared eid last Friday that it will be on Tuesday the 30th of august. Indians-pakistanis will have it on either 31st highly unlikely or 1st most likely depending on their own moons.

From Australia.