Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

[MERGED] Eid and Moon Sightings

Rate this topic

If you go by science , then Eid is tommorow.

http://www.calculato...es/phasenow.php

If you still live in the stone age, then just wait it out.

Yeah, we forgot, there was no science at the time of Rasool. We should praise these new age 'thinkers.' lol *sarcasm.

Salam Alaikum

Sayyid Sistani's verdict differs from Sayyid Al-Khoe'i. Sayyid Fadhlullah follows Sayyid Al-Khoe'is methods, which is why in the UK, Khoe'i office has declared it Tuesday, since it will be visible in parts of South America.

The difference between the two is that Sayyed Al-Khoei emphasised on actual sighting, not mere possibility of visibility, while Sayyid Fadhlullah announced the first of the month disregarding actual sightings and relied completely on the first possibilities of sighting the moon anywhere in the world as per astronomical data.

Hence, Sayyid Al-Khoei's office did NOT announce it for Tuesday. They will most likely announce Eid for Wednesday, unless they find any reports of actual moon sighting from South America on Monday evening to be credible.

It won't be visible Monday night in Australia, the UK or North America. (see http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html )

It will be visible in Australia, UK and North America Tuesday night. Making Eid Wednesday inshAllah for the muqallideen of Sistani and Khamena'i.

It WONT be visible in most of Europe, including UK, and some parts of North America, so for the muqallideen of Sayyed Sistani and Sayyed Khamenei, Eid will most likely be on Thursday in these areas.

The difference between the two is that Sayyed Al-Khoei emphasised on actual sighting, not mere possibility of visibility, while Sayyid Fadhlullah announced the first of the month disregarding actual sightings and relied completely on the first possibilities of sighting the moon anywhere in the world as per astronomical data.

Don't make things up please, i got the official e-mail from Fadhlullah's office explaining how they determine Eid.

Hence, Sayyid Al-Khoei's office did NOT announce it for Tuesday. They will most likely announce Eid for Wednesday, unless they find any reports of actual moon sighting from South America on Monday evening to be credible.

It WONT be visible in most of Europe, including UK, and some parts of North America, so for the muqallideen of Sayyed Sistani and Sayyed Khamenei, Eid will most likely be on Thursday in these areas.

Did you even read the link? http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html It's already been seen in Chile. And it WILL be seen in the UK and North America Tuesday night, moonsighting.com hasn't been wrong ONCE for nearly TWO DECADES.

for Khoei followers:

I believe this site will say if there is any new info: https://www.al-khoei.org/Home.aspx

definately not eid for Sistani followers tomorrow.

It seems like this year both Sistani and Khoei will call Eid on Wednesday...

For Toronto, Toronto Jamaat will announce when eid is based on Sistani followers: http://www.jaffari.org/default.asp

Edited by La fata illa Ali

Did you even read the link? http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html It's already been seen in Chile. And it WILL be seen in the UK and North America Tuesday night, moonsighting.com hasn't been wrong ONCE for nearly TWO DECADES.

How on earth do Saudi get to declare Eid on Tuesday? According to the science, the earliest sighting for the moon is Tuesday making Eid on Wednesday. :unsure:

How on earth do Saudi get to declare Eid on Tuesday? According to the science, the earliest sighting for the moon is Tuesday making Eid on Wednesday. :unsure:

na sis, according to the science, it's seen monday night in south america. Check the link again, and the first map image, says monday.

OFFICIAL 1st Day of Shawwal in Different Countries

August 30, 2011 (Tuesday):

1. Chile (Local sighting)
  2. China (Local sighting that we believe erroneous)
  3. Denmark (Follow Saudi)
  4. France (Official Announcement)
  5. Jordan (Follow Saudi)
  6. Kazakhstan (Follow Saudi)
  7. Kuwait (Follow Saudi)
  8. Kyrgyzstan (Follow Saudi)
  9. Lebanon (Follow Saudi)
  10. Libya (Calculations)
  11. Luxembourg (Follow Saudi)
  12. Malaysia (Calculations)
  13. Netherlands (Follow Saudi)
  14. Palestine (Follow Saudi)
  15. Philippines (Follow Saudi)
  16. Qatar (Follow Saudi)
  17. Saudi Arabia (sighting - Official Announcement) People in North Pakistan have seen it too just like the Saudis.
  18. Sudan (Follow Saudi)
  19. Sweden (Follow Saudi)
  20. Syria (Follow Saudi)
  21. UAE (Follow Saudi)
  22. Tadjikistan (Follow Saudi)
  23. Taiwan (Follow Saudi)
  24. Turkey (Follow Saudi)
  25. Turkmenistan (Follow Saudi)
  26. USA (Calculations) [FCNA, ISNA]
  27. Uzbekistan (Follow Saudi)
  28. Yemen (Follow Saudi)

Sistani: Prolly Wednesday but COULD be Thursday.

According to the map on the moon sighting, some part of Europe will only see the hilal on Wednesday without using any instrument. Hence making Eid on Thursday. But please do check najaf.org

na sis, according to the science, it's seen monday night in south america. Check the link again, and the first map image, says monday.

but Saudi dont share the night with south america. people in middle east will only see the moon on Tuesday?

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khoei's site has been updated!!!!!!!!

https://www.al-khoei.org/Home.aspx

Tuesday, Aug 30 is expected to be the last day of Ramadhan. Hopefully the Crescent will be sighted on Tuesday and Wednesday will be the day of Eid.

Edited by La fata illa Ali

Salam Alaikum

Don't make things up please, i got the official e-mail from Fadhlullah's office explaining how they determine Eid.

Its you who are spreading false information here.

Go to Sayyid Fadhlallah's website, and they announced Eid a week ago, i.e. without going for actual sightings and by relying on atronomical information.

As for Sayyid Khoei's view, go to their website and look at these links:

http://www.alkhoei.org/?p=1262878259&nid=694

http://www.alkhoei.org/?p=1262878259&nid=690

The reliance for him on astronomical information is limited.

Having said that, Sayyid Al-Khoei's office has decided that today Tuesday is NOT Eid, and that it should be tomorrow, in the UK. Phone them up.

Did you even read the link? http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html It's already been seen in Chile. And it WILL be seen in the UK and North America Tuesday night, moonsighting.com hasn't been wrong ONCE for nearly TWO DECADES.p

Its apparently seen in Chile, and nowhere else, and Al-Khoei's office has chosen not to rely on it, nor has any other office of the Maraja as far as I am aware.

And do you know where the UK is??? its a little island off Europe, and it is in the black on those charts on moonsighting.com, therefore, its not visible in those regions. They are not even in the "visible by optical aid only" band on the charts.

This is one of the days of the year i don't like 'cause some are celebrating Eid while some like me are still fasting, not knowing which one is right. Im from Toronto, and our takiyya Khana here announced Eid but said nothing about moonsighting, velayat TV channel says its on wednesday. Missing one day of ramadhan isn't good, fasting on Eid isn't any good either. What to do?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته - Peace be upon you as well as Allah's Mercy and Blessings...

و الصلاة و السلام على خير خلق الله و حبيب قلوبنا، الرسول محمد، و آله الطيبين الطاهرين - And may the Prayers and Peace be upon the Best of Allah's Creations, the beloved of our hearts, the Messenger Muhammad as well as his Generous and Pure Family...

و لعنة الله الدائمة على أعداءهم و ظالميهم و التابعين على ذلك من الأولين إلى الآخرين - And may the permanent curse of Allah be upon their enemies and their oppressors and those who follow the trend from the first ones to the last ones...

This is one of the days of the year i don't like 'cause some are celebrating Eid while some like me are still fasting, not knowing which one is right. Im from Toronto, and our takiyya Khana here announced Eid but said nothing about moonsighting, velayat TV channel says its on wednesday. Missing one day of ramadhan isn't good, fasting on Eid isn't any good either. What to do?

Follow your marjaa ruling about the way to "declare" or "not declare" eid on the evening of doubt...

When were you supposed to have "officially" started the month of Ramadhan according the rulings of your marjaa?

Count 29 days from there, then on the 29th day of the holy month, (30th day eve) in the evening, check up if you see the crescent according to your marjaa rulings or if there is any other correct way to determine eid (news from at least 2 TRUSTFUL MUSLIM SHIA TWELVER PRACTICING brother)...

If in any case you come to really doubt, travel with the niyya of visiting a place which is 30 kms out of the limits of your city (or the limits of your city suburbs), STARTING IN THE MORNING (which is BEFORE ZUHR TIME)! Then once you arrived, break your fast... And then come back home...

Please brothers and sisters, correct me if i'm wrong...

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته - And upon you be Peace as well as Allah's Mercy and Blessings...

why does this site http://iecoc.org/

say its eid according to sayed khoei if the other site from sayed Khoei says its not?

this made my family confused :(

either way mubarak to all no matter when you celebrate <3

Allah Bless

Not just you lol, stuffed me up as well :blush: :angry: lol

Message from Imam Khoei Islamic Centre regarding the moon sighting

In the name of Allah, The compassionate, The merciful

Some reports about sighting of the new crescent moon of the month of Shawal 1432 AH have been circulated claming that they match the Fatwa of Grand Ayatullah Khoei.

We hereby declare that there is no basis for the above circulation and that such reports have not been found to satisfy the criteria concerning the method of moon sighting according to Imam Khoei.

Therefore, those who remain on the Taqlid of Imam Khoei will celebrate Eid on Wednesday 31st August 2011

---------------

From the website: http://www.alkhoei.o...8384944&nid=915

Edited by WhiteSkies

Is it going to 2 eids again?

Or all are having eid tommorrow?

The Eid is on Wednesday (most probably). The people will be looking for the new moon in the evening of Tuesday. In the next couple of hours, they will probably go to sight the moon in najaf, Iraq. And you will probably hear something from the office of Sistani, InshaAllah.

I just want to add that, that the Eid could also be on Thursday for some of you because there is a possibility that the moon may not sighted in some of the European countries (I am basing my view on the moon sighting site).

why does this site http://iecoc.org/

say its eid according to sayed khoei if the other site from sayed Khoei says its not?

this made my family confused :(

either way mubarak to all no matter when you celebrate <3

Allah Bless

Not just you lol, stuffed me up as well :blush: :angry: lol

So there is some confusion over this, and I know some people that inquired. First of all, it's not based on something from the late Sayed Khoei's office or representatives. It's only based on his fatwa as applied to North and South America. Moreover, this view isn't unanimous as some other shia groups in Orange County (such as IMAM, which unofficially represents Sayed Sistani and also Sayed Khoei on some matters) are saying that the sighting in Chile is either unreliable or others not sufficient based on Khoei's fatwas on the matter of moon sightings. I don't live in Orange County, so I am fasting today, but I know many shi'a who do live there and they seem to be split; some are fasting today and some aren't. As for following what IECOC issued, you should only do so if you have itminan that they are right based on your own marja (or if you have an educated reason to use different moon sighting criteria than those used by your marja, and your marja allows selectively following different marjas on certain issues with good reason). Were I to live in Orange County, I'm pretty sure I would be fasting today regardless (at least based on the research I've done).

I hope that helps clarify things at least a little bit.

Even this site has published a note on Eid based on Chilean sighting. http://www.ksmnet.or...432ah-confirmed

Hilal Advisory Statement: 1st Shawwal 1432AH confirmed

emailButton.png printButton.png 200x143-images-stories-crescentsighting-new-moon.jpgHilal Advisory confirms Tuesday 30th August 2011 is 1st of Shawwal 1432 for followers of Marhoom Ayatullah Al Khoi (ra).

The above is based on credible reports of sighting from Santiago in Chile.

We would like to Wish Eid Mubarak to all followers of Marhoom Ayatullah Al Khoei (ra).

Secretariat

but this site has a more correct info http://isia-ottawa.com/

Monday 29th August:

According to the astronomical data, on Monday, 29th of August 2011, sighting of the crescent is not possible at all in North America, so tomorrow is out of question based on the criterion of regional sighting as per the fatwa of Ayatullahs Sistani, Khamena’i and Nasir Makarim Shirazi.

There is a possibility of sighting the crescent in south-west of South America (Argentine and Chile) on Monday 29th August, and if there is a confirmed sighting from that area, then for the muqallidin of the late Ayatullah Khu’i, tomorrow 30th of August, would be the day of eidul fitr.

Tuesday 30th August:

On Tuesday, 30th of August, the possibility of sighting the crescent is very good for the entire North America. Based on confirmed sighting, on Tuesday, anywhere is North America, Wednesday 31st of August, will be the day of Eid-ul-Fitr for all.

Edited by Zareen