Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

[MERGED] Eid and Moon Sightings

Rate this topic

salaams,

followers of al Khoei are celebrating Eid tomorow, does anyone know when eid is for followers of Sistani in the UK? ive heard its most likely Wednesday (InshAllah)

(salam)

The latest date for the Eid for followers of al-Sistani in North America is Thursday September 1st. The earliest date for the Eid is August 31st. But we wont know for sure until they see the new moon.

Please keep posting any information that you may have about the Eid.

I have a proposal for all the skeptical hearts. We come to a consensus to delay Eid for 3 weeks based on obligatory precaution. Everyone will have seen the moon by that time. And the mullahs will see it too.

I have a proposal for all the skeptical hearts. We come to a consensus to delay Eid for 3 weeks based on obligatory precaution. Everyone will have seen the moon by that time. And the mullahs will see it too.

Can you tell me honestly whether you are a Muslim at all? Why hide the Religion field?

muqalid of syed al-khu'i

(bismillah)

(salam)

If you look at the map, you can see if it is possible to see the crescent moon tonight in your country. The blue area is if conditions are right, such as no rain, clouds, smoke, fog or smog, etc..The green area is where the moon will be easily visible. The red area will need binoculars or telescope to see the moon. The gray area needs binoculars or telescope to find the moon and then you can try to see it with your eyes. There are reports of seen or not seen on this page, but none from Argentina yet: http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html

1432shw_8-29-2011.gif

thanks - i know about the page, got confirmed sighting in santiago, chile , so its done for me, thanks

(bismillah)

(salam)

Happy Eid to you and your people!

In Australia the moon was born on Monday at 11:40 am which means the Eid is the next day, why do people have to wait till the moon is 2 days old to stop fasting?????

The birth of the moon has nothing to do with the starting of a new month. The sighting of the crescent marks the beginning.

I meant do they have anything online, released any statement, etc? (not saying you aren't telling the truth, just that for the rest of us we'd need more than a forum post from a new user)

I received this e-mail which also references the sighting in Chile.

Screen shot 2011-08-29 at 10.58.42 PM.png

According to www.moonsighting.com the moon will not be visible in the US Monday night but will be visible Tuesday night, making Eid Wednesday. This is case for both Sayyid Sistani and Sayyid Khamana'i.

Sayyid Fadhlallah's office has said it's on Tuesday.

Sayyid Sistani's verdict differs from Sayyid Al-Khoe'i. Sayyid Fadhlullah follows Sayyid Al-Khoe'is methods, which is why in the UK, Khoe'i office has declared it Tuesday, since it will be visible in parts of South America.

It won't be visible Monday night in Australia, the UK or North America. (see http://www.moonsight...om/1432shw.html )

It will be visible in Australia, UK and North America Tuesday night. Making Eid Wednesday inshAllah for the muqallideen of Sistani and Khamena'i.

Sayyid Sistani's verdict differs from Sayyid Al-Khoe'i. Sayyid Fadhlullah follows Sayyid Al-Khoe'is methods, which is why in the UK, Khoe'i office has declared it Tuesday, since it will be visible in parts of South America.

Have they?