Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
godzapostle

Quran 23:14 Scientific Error Or Mistranslation?

Rate this topic

the Qur'an in the following verse according to the skeptics implies that the bones of a developing fetus form first then the flesh forms on top of it, yet apparently(i am no embryologist so i am not sure) the bones and the flesh form simultaneously.

023.014 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (fetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be God, the best to create! \

some atheists are trying to use this to show the Qur'an is scientifically inaccurate, can a knowledgeable brother please clarify this verse for me?

salam.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Grammatically it's a tricky subject and it's certainly above my level of knowledge, but this is an interesting take by one of the more knowledgeable brothers in the Arabic language:

and Allah(swt) knows

But tbh, i wouldn't be so intent with always comparing Islam with science unless it's an established scientific fact that has stood the test of time because frankly scientific theories are always changing on a daily basis and it's not really wise to attach ourselves so quickly to the latest theory. i feel it is more prudent to educate ourselves on the grammar of the Quran since this is something more stable and accurate.

Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't neglect science, but we must also realize the limits of science and not be quick to get one theory or another and try to find an ayah or a hadith that vaguely is inline with that theory.

This doesn't necessarily apply to this issue in articular, but rather is just a general statement on a trend that i sometimes see.

Edited by ImamAliLover

thanks for the response bro, i am certainly not one of those crazy zakir naik admirers that will soon enough claim every word in the quran is related to some field of science. the Qur'an is first and foremost a religious book and is to be taken as such. on the other hand this particular verse is not ambiguous and so we have to analyze it as thoroughly as possible.thanks for the link.

salam.