Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Samia

Alawi's - Muslims Or Not?

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaykoum

I was just curious about the faith of the Alawis.

Some of my Shia friends while others do not. What do you guys say?

I don't understand how they are to be considered muslims yet they do not find it obligory to fast, preform prayers, pay zakaat or do pilgrimage.

Any opinions would be highly regarded.

Salaam :)

wa `alaykum as-salaam,

If they believe in `Alawism (i.e. if they are Nusayris) as opposed to merely holding the label but otherwise being normal Ithna `Ashari Imamis, then they are kafir without a doubt. Simply rejecting the wujub of the pillars alone is enough to render one kafir, holding such deviant beliefs as the divinity of the Imam (a) and the belief in reincarnation are also clear kufr.

wa `alaykum as-salaam,

If they believe in `Alawism (i.e. if they are Nusayris) as opposed to merely holding the label but otherwise being normal Ithna `Ashari Imamis, then they are kafir without a doubt. Simply rejecting the wujub of the pillars alone is enough to render one kafir, holding such deviant beliefs as the divinity of the Imam (a) and the belief in reincarnation are also clear kufr.

I made a few typos in my post but as I was stating some of my Shia friends regard them as Muslims while others don't. They even celebrate Christmas? And as the following person posted below quoting khomani: saying that they are Muslims.. How does that work.

& thank you for your response :)

I made a few typos in my post but as I was stating some of my Shia friends regard them as Muslims while others don't. They even celebrate Christmas? And as the following person posted below quoting khomani: saying that they are Muslims.. How does that work.

& thank you for your response :)

Those who say they are Muslim often do so in blatant disregard of their clear heresies for political reasons (i.e. support for the Syrian regime). It's very clear though, someone who rejects the pillars of the religion (i.e. denies the wujub of salat, fasting, etc.), not to mention believing such deviant extremist doctrines as the divinity of Amir al-Mu'mineen (as) and the belief in reincarnation thus rejecting the reality of the Garden and the Fire, is _not_ a Muslim.

Here, numerous hadiths on this subject. About rejecting some of the pillars:

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/preface-of-the-ibadat/chapter-2

About deviant beliefs and heresies:

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/hudud/apostasy/aggregate-of-what-establishes-kufr-and-apostasy

I read a bit about them on Wiki a while back and it does sound rather confused.

Thats a pretty serious charge on Komeini if he did say that they can be considered Shia's, thats misleading people surely? is 'politics' ever a good enough reason for that?

as salaam alakiom,

This is my first post. All I can share is that I too read Imam Khomeini said they were Muslims and protected in the Islamic Republic of Iran.

I know they have beautiful music and sing about the Imams. The Bektashi order is also related to Alawi. You should study about the Janissary (Turkish new soldier) to understand

the true history of this subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissary