Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Forgiveness For Zina (fornication)?

Rate this topic

lost89

• Advanced Member

salaam bro and sis

i hope you're all doing fine..so i just wanted to ask..

does zina has forgiveness? cause isnt zina i.e. fornication/adultery with known consent like a major sin?

also, what if a person had done it earlier, done tauba, than after a few years does it again, but like he knows its zina but stil does it and feels guilty at the same time while doing it but just cant stop? and suddenly, bam something happens,. it stops him from committing fornication but his guilt just increases so much that its unbearable?!

plz answer. i feel like im not being forgiven, and that the second time was my azmaaish/trial and i just failed. its a bad feeling and feel like breaking down all the time. i seriusly dont want to go to hell.

pl pl tell me how i should do tauba knowing that Allah will forgive me

i have prayed and apologized and cried and asked for forgiveness, but my heart just tosses and turns and is not at all satisfied

pls help me in earning back some respect that i had in front of Allah and which i believe i have lost all, for a worldly pleasure and worldly hope which has just diminished and finished. the burden of the sin remains and grows so much all the time and i feel like dieing

if suicide had not been haraam, i would have comitted it out of shame, shame which i feel in front of the mirror whn looking at my self and in front of Allah when i bow to pray. i feel like a hypocrite now and sometimes feel like Allah sees me as one too :s

plz tell me if there is forgivness ofr sucha major sin which has been but committed twice, out of consent? i repented after the first time, which was minor fornication but stil fornication, and then fell pray to shaytan and well my own wrong doing the second time too, and with more fornication

i feel like the imams do not even want to see my face and all my prayers have also been .. well not just accepted

plz help and reply

and plz pray for me if you can

wa'salaam

p.s. fornication does not imply sexual intercourse, which i didnt commit both the times, but im still heavily burdened by what i did!:/

Edited by lost89

• Veteran Member

wa alaykum salaam

Sister (I assume) of course there is forgiveness for zina, the worst thing you can do is loose faith in the mercy of Allah سبحانه وتعالى, which is infinite, this shame you feel is a good thing as it shows you realise what a big mistake you made.

For sins such as this, you only have Allah to ask for forgiveness, so if you ask with sincerity, and truly repent, then I’m sure Allah will forgive you.

I don’t have time to post any ahadith on the subject, but I’m sure other people can, If not I’ll try to find some time later.

Don’t loose hope, no one is perfect

Edited by ShahHussain

I read somewhere that salat -e- ghufaila, prayed between maghrib and isha is one such salat that is specifically for istagfar of sins.

One of my Iraqi friends who is also a sheikh and representative to Ay. Seestani told me once (anecdotal so I do not have reference for it) that one of the criminals of Karbala who participated in murdering Ahlulbait (as) asked 4th Imam if he could ever be able to find forgiveness from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Imam (as) told him to read salat-e-ghufaila.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

Salm I feel your truth so much that as I was reading your comment it felt I was reflecting on a mirror, whenever I commit any form of sin towards Allah. I felt every word in your comments as if it was mine whenever I felt I committed a sin I wanted to bury myself underneath the ground for the shame I commited in front of God. I know that God is the most forgiving more then a mother to her child. So rely on God lord of mercy and light with the purist of hearts and you shell find comfort in God at every corner. I would love to reflect on a character like yours which reminds me of me. Please keep me in your prayers as I will keep you in mine. Salm and please reply back from a soulmate several years later in a different place seeing his equal.

• Veteran Member

unveiling one's own sins (especially this kind) is the second sin.

read the following verses of surah forghan until the end and reflect on them

وَ الَّذينَ لا يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلهاً آخَرَ وَ لا يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتي‏ حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلاَّ بِالْحَقِّ وَ لا يَزْنُونَ وَ مَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذلِكَ يَلْقَ أَثاماً (68) 
Those who do not invoke another god besides Allah, and do not kill a soul] whose life [Allah has made inviolable, except with due cause, and do not commit fornication.) Whoever does that shall encounter its retribution,) 86 (
يُضاعَفْ لَهُ الْعَذابُ يَوْمَ الْقِيامَةِ وَ يَخْلُدْ فيهِ مُهاناً (69) 
the punishment being doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection. In it he will abide in humiliation forever,) 96 (
إِلاَّ مَنْ تابَ وَ آمَنَ وَ عَمِلَ عَمَلاً صالِحاً فَأُوْلئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئاتِهِمْ حَسَناتٍ وَ كانَ اللَّهُ غَفُوراً رَحيماً (70) 
excepting those who repent, attain faith, and act righteously. For such, Allah will replace their misdeeds with good deeds, and Allah is all-forgiving, all-merciful.) 07 
read qor'an and translation of supplications especially munajat sha'baniyyeh and du'a komeil  and at the middle of the night wake up, make wudhu, pray and go to sajdah and ask the al-rahman for forgiveness

• Veteran Member

we are little unworthy sinners before Allah swt. no matter how much we try, we can't get out of hell unless he, by his everlasting love and mercy, get us out. who forgives sins except Allah? qur'an 3/135. who we are to have dignity or respect before Allah swt? we always should keep in mind that without the help and mercy of Allah swt we are doomed.

maintain your hope in his mercy, the same mercy by which he has created you, and by the same mercy he forgives you and guides you inshaallah. but at the same time try to keep the feeling you have now, seeing yourself in debt and your position before Allah swt nearly nothing, this kind of people are near to Allah.

imam baqir p.b.u.h. said: I swear to Allah, Allah swt does not want anything from people except for two things:

1- to admit that they have been blessed with Allah's blessings (ne'mat) so he  blesses them more

2- to confess to their sins so he forgives them

al-kafi vol2, p426

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

Salam, 

Allah Is The One Who Forgive All Sins.

TAUBA IS THE THING IN WHICH YOU ASK FORGIVENESS AND NEVER DO IT AGAIN. Zina Is an haram activity as it have an punishment of hundred lashes on unmarried man or women if he/she commit zina. If a man or women is married and commit zina the penalty of that is the man or women is ston to death.. Ask Allah For Forgiveness because Allah Forgive All Sins and don't do it again..

Edited by Essa

• 4 years later...

Salam 

I have a friend who committed zina with three different people and now she regrets so much and she been repenting so many times and crying

she been told to pray tawbah which means forgiveness and beer to do it again or repeat again and she promise she will never repeat it again 

she wants to get married but she can’t unless she repents 

and also she heard that if she repents she has to stop everything like listening to music , cant go to weddings 

can u plz explain more In detail 

• Moderators

Salam. Yes, she has to do the process of tauba for the sin. She has to resolve in her mind never to do it again, then repent to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and ask for forgiveness. 

Yes, she needs to repent, then if she can, get married. 

As far as listening to music, i depends on the marjaa'. Different marjaa' have different rulings on this. Some don't allow any music, others allow certain types of music, such as classical and some jazz / folk music. The main thing with music is that if listening to music leads you toward other sins or causes you to forget about the wajibat (like salat) or the other haramat (such as dancing mixed gender) then the music itself is haram. If it doesn't have that affect on her, then she needs to consult her marjaa to find out whether she can listen or not. Tauba (repentence) is only required if a person does something haram after they know that it is haram and does it of their own free will (i.e. noone forces them to do it). If tauba is required, then she needs to do tauba for this sin. 

As for weddings, if there is haram going on in the weddings, like drinking alcohol or mixed gender dancing, etc, then she is not allowed to attend. If she has to attend, i.e. it is a close family member, then she should just go in, greet the bride and groom, then if she sees any haram going on, quickly leave. This is part of Amr bil Maroof wa Nahiya Al Munkhar (enjoining good and forbidding evil, to the extent that it is possible for the person) which is wajib on every Muslim/a. She needs to do this to the extent that it is possible for her. It may not be possible for her to stop the wedding, or throw out those people who are drinking, doing other haram, but at least she can show her displeasure at those activities by not staying. This is the least part of Amr bil.... which is required in that situation. If she can do more, obviously she should. 

If there is nothing haram going on in the wedding, then there is no problem attending and it is not a sin which requires tauba. In fact, it is mustahab to attend a wedding, provided there is no haram happening. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Muhammad bin Muslim inquired, "What if someone does Tawba and Istighfar and then commits a sin and again repents?"

In response, the Imam said, "O Muhammad bin Muslim! You know very well that a Mu’min can honestly be ashamed for his deeds. Then if he repents, will Allah not accept his Tawba?"

I asked what if he sins a number of times?

He said, "Even then his Tawba will be accepted. Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).) will pardon his sins because He is very kind. He will surely accept repentance and overlook our misdeeds. Beware! You may not make a Mu’min disheartened."

Abu Basīr says: I requested Imam Ja’far Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) to explain what was ‘Tawba Nasūh’ ordered by Allah?

He said, “A repentance after which he never commits that sin again.”

I said, “Master! Is there anybody among us who would not sin ever again?

The Imam replied, “O Abu Basīr! Verily God loves His slave who gets deceived more and then repents over it.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 6/10/2021 at 3:19 AM, Guest Maryam said:

and also she heard that if she repents she has to stop everything like listening to music , cant go to weddings 

While repenting from all sinning is a good thing, you don't need to repent from all of them at once for it to count as repenting from a particular sin. Also, zina is a big sin, but is also a sin between you and God and you could just repent in secret.

Also, why haven't you married mut'ah to avoid this? Our ummah is blessed with an extremely convenient and easy-to-start marriage to avoid sinning, which is an enormous help in the current society where normal marriage is getting harder and such fitna is easily available. 

• Advanced Member

Do Taubah and be sure that Allah forgives you. Do Mutah instead if it's out of control. Don't let satanic thoughts come into your mind telling you that you're not forgiven. You are

• Advanced Member
On 7/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, Mark Enlightment said:

why haven't you married mut'ah to avoid this? Our ummah is blessed with an extremely convenient and easy-to-start marriage to avoid sinning, which is an enormous help in the current society where normal marriage is getting harder and such fitna is easily available. 

This can depend on which part of the world you live in. Maybe in US and Iran/Iraq it is extremely convenient to do mutah. But in other countries, like Pakistan, etc., mutah is next to impossible.

Yes, normal marriage is getting harder everywhere, but in some places mutah is just not an option at all, in any case whatsoever. 

Mutah is meant to be an alternative when nikah isn't possible. But in these places, it is mutah which is more difficult than nikah. So if someone is unable to do nikah in such countries, there is little benefit in suggesting that he does mutah. 

This is like if someone is so poor that he doesn't have money to buy a simple loaf of bread, you suggest to him to buy cake instead. How can he buy cake when he can't buy a simple loaf of bread? Similarly, how can someone do mutah if he can't even do nikah ?