Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
YaaAllah

[LAWS]A Sin To Play Black Ops On The Day/night Of Qadr?

Rate this topic

Salam Alayakom!

Is it a sin to play videogames on the night/day of lay latul qadr or are people just making stuff up?

somebody help, because I am in a really boring country (Canada (not my home)) and I wanted to play Black OPS with my cousin in germany, but his father says that it is a sin to do so....

Wassalam!

PLEASE..... SOMEBODY!?

I don't think it's a sin as such, but it's certainly a waste of this night. Praying and reading/reciting Quran throughout is what we should be doing tonight/ laylutal qadr, you can always play games on other nights. These nights only come once a year, and we should make the most of them.

You want to play a video game on Laylatul Qadr?

"Laylatul qadre khairun min alfi shahr" (this single night better than a thousand months!)

Think about this for a second please.........

*sigh*

Easy man, not everybody has come as far as you have. People ask things because they want to know something they don´t know. I didn´t even need your post, so why bother?

May Allah give you sabr brother!

Young brother, try to refrain from playing video games for the 3 laylatul qadr nights. Also, try to extend this to the last ten days in general.

You can spend this free time reciting the Qur'an or reading a book related to your faith. It's only a few days, and once Ramadan is over, you can continue fragging people, or getting fragged - depending on how good you are.

Young brother, try to refrain from playing video games for the 3 laylatul qadr nights. Also, try to extend this to the last ten days in general.

You can spend this free time reciting the Qur'an or reading a book related to your faith. It's only a few days, and once Ramadan is over, you can continue fragging people, or getting fragged - depending on how good you are.

Hehe, Thank you for your advice!

salam brother,

The other brother gave good advice about making the most of these nights..

I am a big fan of black ops - and play it quite often.

When it comes to haram/halal however - i think people are claiming this for the following reason.

violence, war, fighting etc. is actually forbidden during the months of ramadhan (from my understading). So i think playing black ops, which is based on these things, is why it MAY possibly be haram. I think as a precaution, even during this month we probably shouldnt play it - not restricted to just day/nights of qadr, but i wouldnt say its haram

I have fallen victim to playing during this month, and talking about it now has awaken me so inshallah i will not play till Eid =D (or atleast limit, lol)

salam