Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Anti-Logic

Is Mutah Common In Your Area?

Rate this topic

We talk a lot about it, but the pre-conceived notions that come with it, due to our surroundings and culture vary. People from the sub-continent, arabs, Iranians, Asians, Americans, Eurpoeans etc. are all inquisitive about it. But how frequently is it practiced in your surrounding? Is it a norm or just a cliche or taboo? discreet or openly discussed ?

With those thoughts, i am starting this topic. If i speak of Pakistan, to the best of my knowledge, the permission is rarely exercised. None of the adults i personally know, have practiced, but are aware of the permissibility. Have heard that it happens upcountry, but not amongst the metropolitan youth / adult population.

What about your area / surroundings?

TORONTO

University: Basically a pandemic from what I have heard (pandemic in a good sense :) ) amognst the men. Not every guy does it but apparently it is very present. I have never heard of a sister do muta in University.

Main adult population and topic discussion amongst the 'mosque' people: Basically mute, never discussed,

The only time it is used and that rarely is sometimes 'engaged' couples do a muta prior to their marriage and even then, usually if not 100% of the time its a muta with stipulated no sexual intercourse clause...

so basically amognst the khoja's here in Toronto, the elders wouldn't even think about it and honestly, I bet a good amount of them dont even know about it.

The youth kinda get hit with it when they go to University. But again, its not openly discussed, very very private and hush hush thing.

May the Allah (aj) help s revive the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)

TORONTO

University: Basically a pandemic from what I have heard (pandemic in a good sense :) ) amognst the men. Not every guy does it but apparently it is very present. I have never heard of a sister do muta in University.

Main adult population and topic discussion amongst the 'mosque' people: Basically mute, never discussed,

The only time it is used and that rarely is sometimes 'engaged' couples do a muta prior to their marriage and even then, usually if not 100% of the time its a muta with stipulated no sexual intercourse clause...

so basically amognst the khoja's here in Toronto, the elders wouldn't even think about it and honestly, I bet a good amount of them dont even know about it.

The youth kinda get hit with it when they go to University. But again, its not openly discussed, very very private and hush hush thing.

May the Allah (aj) help s revive the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)

Don't think so, if you're going to follow his sunnah (pbuh), start saying saying Subhana Rabbi Al A^la Wa Bi Hamdih three times in your prayers, and much more instead.

Don't think so, if you're going to follow his sunnah (pbuh), start saying saying Subhana Rabbi Al A^la Wa Bi Hamdih three times in your prayers, and much more instead.

I do say that...

I also garagle three times, rinse my nose three times, wash my face and arms twice, do the dhikr of wudhu.

I also drink in three sips and say bismillah and Alhamdulilah at the beginning and end of each sip of water.

I do everything with the right first, then the left,

I do 7 takbeers

I wash my feet with cold water after a bath

I break my fast with dates and salt

I plan on buying a miswak soon inshallah

Today I learned about eating Barley bread

So bro, don't judge, Lets revive the whole sunnah and not pick and choose.

the question is.. what relevence does your question have?

are you saying if it is excersized in your surroundings its okay to do it but if not then don't do it?

If not, then what is the point of this question?

(sorry, i dont mean to be rude, im really just curious)

salam

I've noticed this has been a hot topic in recent times. Honestly, I feel that there are a lot of youngsters out there who are misusing this option. Under what circumstances can one perform mutah?

Ya, thats ur problem right there. ur 'feelings' are useless here. If this 'option' saves u from haram then that doesnt constitute 'misuse'.

a bit harsh there.....

S.Fatima... what do you mean under what circumstance?

there are not many requirements that need to be fulfilled.. but sometimes you need to look at the short term, and long term consequences of it.

to say someone is misusing it, is not fair because only they know the intentions of doing it.. and i think in the end its all about intentions.

ultimately.. mutah is there more than anything, to help the slaves of God from avoiding sin.

Attempt #2

You keep on missing the question, 'Kumar'. I'm sure no one's interested in your life story.

MWO: People nowadays take Mutah very lightly. Some under this contract are probably not even aware of the laws concerning it.

Salam Fatima.. yes this is true.. and agree 100%.. when they dont do it according to the jurisprudence, then it is definitely misuse.

I know some ppl that would have sexual relationships with a virgin girl under the flag of "mutah".. but dont inform the father of this contract - which automatically nullify the contract.

so in that sense, yes, i agree.. ppl do misuse it.

Mutah is still consider a taboo, but haram dating is pretty common where i am at.

Mutah is never misused unless one is forced into it against his or her will. So long as both sides agree, and they know what they are getting into.. it is halal 100%.