Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Mutah Common In Your Area?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
In order to have Mutaa practiced in any society, the whole structure of the society has to be changed. The way they grow up, the way they study, the way they marry, the way they think and the most difficult part is that people start thinking in one way. in short everything has to be changed. Hence it is not easy for a society to accept anything it has not been practicing.

No, this is a total exaggeration. This is a convenient lazy people use to help ensure nothing ever changes.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do say that... I also garagle three times, rinse my nose three times, wash my face and arms twice, do the dhikr of wudhu. I also drink in three sips and say bismillah and Alhamdulilah at the beginni

Mutah is a nikah contract for a small period of time where both parties know their rights, who will take the responsibility of the by products, the termination period, the mehr etc. No surprises and h

Salams br. I honestly don't know what they will say when they meet Allah(swa) and he asks them why they disobeyed Him(swa) when He(swa) made obeying him so easy. The only thing I can think is that the

Mutah is still consider a taboo, but haram dating is pretty common where i am at.

Mutah is never misused unless one is forced into it against his or her will. So long as both sides agree, and they know what they are getting into.. it is halal 100%.

Where?

MWO: I think you've explained this quite well. All these factors play a role in one's decision making process. Whether we accept it or not, our environment has a influence on most of the choices we make. For example, a villager would probably not be comfortable with the idea. On the contrary, a man whose been brought up in a city might believe it's the most convenient alternative. So when it comes down to it, Mutah may be common in certain areas while untimely in others.

Monad: Thanks for posting the link. It's highly important for both parties to be fully aware of what they are getting into. Unfortunately, a lot of shias have yet to discover the simple laws of a Marriage let alone Mutah (which still is foreign to some).

I villager may be disinclined to enter into mutah because everyone knows each other’s business while marrying a child would be attractive to him because there are fewer females. In cities the reverse would apply. There is greater anonymity for the urban dweller and many more females available of reasonable age to eliminate the need for a child bride.

• Advanced Member

Mutah has a HUGE stigma attached to it in Australia, and isn't widely practiced at all. I know of a few brothers through whispers who would prefer to "date" a Christian girl for their needs rather than contract a Mutah, and make something that is essentially haram, hallal with just a few words. But unfortunately, the stigma and shame is what turns the men off, from what I can see.

Salams br.

I honestly don't know what they will say when they meet Allah(swa) and he asks them why they disobeyed Him(swa) when He(swa) made obeying him so easy. The only thing I can think is that they are more concerned about what there family or community thinks than what Allah(swa) thinks about their actions. I think you have done your wajib kefieah.

You are making the mistake of applying your belief system to people who hold a belief system a bit different than yours.

By the way - are there any other religions in the world or clans / societies that have the concept of Mutah like in Shiaism?

The Inuits did but they may have been tainted by Christianity.

• Advanced Member

I do say that...

I also garagle three times, rinse my nose three times, wash my face and arms twice, do the dhikr of wudhu.

I also drink in three sips and say bismillah and Alhamdulilah at the beginning and end of each sip of water.

I do everything with the right first, then the left,

I do 7 takbeers

I wash my feet with cold water after a bath

I break my fast with dates and salt

I plan on buying a miswak soon inshallah

Today I learned about eating Barley bread

So bro, don't judge, Lets revive the whole sunnah and not pick and choose.

[Edited]

Yah Prophet's (saws) Sunnah indeed.

@OP: Mut'ah isn't very common here at all. Though that's just from my observation with the Shi'ah Lebanese community. I don't know about other nationalities that make up the Shi'ah community here (mostly Iraqis and Iranians). Here, mut'ah is a last resort of thing that is avoided by all means and done if it's the last option left. Otherwise it's like.... " :o Mut'ah! Just get engaged!" I'm sure it happens alot though - it's just people don't say that they do it because of the reaction that the family/community may give them, depending on the circumstances.

Edited by Blissful
  • Advanced Member

Yah Prophet's (saws) Sunnah indeed.

It was edited cause the sister couldnt swallow the facts, there wasnt any inappropriate language used. InshAllah is sensitive as usual. Also I never claimed I was perfect, the sister just couldnt understand that mutah is the sunnah, thats the point I was trying to make...

Mutah has a HUGE stigma attached to it in Australia, and isn't widely practiced at all. I know of a few brothers through whispers who would prefer to "date" a Christian girl for their needs rather than contract a Mutah, and make something that is essentially haram, hallal with just a few words. But unfortunately, the stigma and shame is what turns the men off, from what I can see.

salaam

am also in Australia, melb, the society is extremely hypocritical... fornication is rampant, gays, all sorts of sexual corruptions. Hardly any of the young people with me in university or school did not fall into major sexual corruptions.

maybe the best girl in my section of the university only held hands with boys in public (even though she had hijab) so I dont want to say what the worse did and they also had hijab...

This same hypocrite society fights temporary marriage while it dwells in the most hideous and ugly sexual deviations.

the parents living in complete denial and illusion and delusion of the reality of their kids and each of them says " no my kid doesn't do that"

I dont know what to think whether they are genuinely stupid or that they have self imposed stupidity ??? I mean they remember their own self when they were young so why would they expect their kid to be any different than what they were? Did they forget their own scandals?

1) we have an example of a girl who was in a haraam relationship with a man for 2 years and she admits that she fornicates with him but not the complete fornication, she has hijab and goes to the mosque ,,,

This same girl was accusing and ruining the reputation of another girl who contracted mut3a as an engagement with the man that she later married permanently.

guess whose reputation was destroyed in the society and who made it to the front lines? the admitting fornicator or the legitimate follower of the sunnah applying mut3a in its most suitable application (engagement)?

The prophet told us that at the end of times evil will be seen as good and good as evil

that same girl who admitted her corruption was faced with a big test after the two years of illegitimate relationship/// her fornication partner suddenly decided to do mut3a with her so he proposed that to her ...

she got very offended and made a big fight with him how dare he says mut3a lol

2) I Faced a similar situation myself,,, i went with a girl who used to have boyfriend i the past , also she wears hijab, she wanted a relationship without any contract, when i proposed mut3a she got very offended lol

she wasn't offended having a haraam relationship but she got very offended from temporary marriage and destroyed the relationship with me for that reason even though she really liked me!!!

also this one goes to mosques

3) One of my relatives their son was very into sex from a young age. people complained that he was molesting other girls or trying to but he was very young...

when he started approaching puberty and passed it we talked to him about muta . His parents got very offended and said dont talk to our son and kept him away ..... later after many years i met him... he has a girlfriend and he is saying that he is expecting a baby from her,,, i said did you do a marriage? he said NO ,,,, I didnt know who to curse

whats your excuse? Oh i dont know how its done!!!

I wrote it for him on a paper and i condemned him and told him that he needs to quickly turn to marriage.

he did so later as he claimed.

these people are also hijab wearing allegedly conservative people and come to the mosque often and always read hadeeth al kisaa and dua abu hamza and kumail ibn zyad

4) another guy who used to come to the mosque I opened the topic with him and he said " yes i have a girlfriend and i practice sex with her" I said to him why didnt you marry? whats so hard about that? he has no answer but to say: I dont know how?

I didnt know who to curse , the second one ? not really cause his influence is only supposed to be over his followers and these people claim to be followers of ahlulbait...

I gave him the formula and wrote it for him on a paper and he didnt seem to have problem with applying it .

5) we have two boys from our community of "[Edited Out]e" (but without the "e" at the end) got convicted of Rape and both belong to mosque visiting alleged religious hypocrites.

there are countless other scandals which i dont want to say.

all the above people are not secular or aussies or sunnies, they are allegedly shia conservatives who would kill our brain with their talk about honor and modesty ...

what do you think ha your experience in australia been any better? tell me so we could move to your suburb lol

salaam

Edited by alimohamad40

alimohamad40

In America people began to question the need for a piece of paper in that it has nothing to do with loving someone and you must spend a lot of time concerning yourself with what others are doing. Are you of such a standing in your community that people report their sexual activities or lack of them to you?

• Site Administrators

Is Mutah Common In Your Area?

As far as I know, Mutah is not common anywhere around the world.

And that, I think, is the irony. Even the scholars and respectable elders of various (shia) muslim communities seem to be speechless when it comes to dealing with this taboo. No doubt it is well recognised and accepted in our books, but in practical life you'd only offer dissapointment and embarassment to your family and community for practising mutah. That is why, those who have practised it in real life do so in secrecy and keep it that way.

Salams

salaam

alimohamad40

In America people began to question the need for a piece of paper in that it has nothing to do with loving someone

islamic marriage contracts suffice verbally and no need for paperwork however the necessity is the contract itself because its a holy bond and an oath . If two come together without any contract and each has their own moral code then how would they protect and respects each others rights? how would they even determine what are the rights in the absence of a constitution to refer to?

the husband might think its his right to have his wife cook 3 meals for him everyday or be a slave for his mother ??? the wife might believe thats its okay to go with another man? If you dont agree on a set of rules what kind of relation would it be ?

what if one party walks off would you blame them? how would you get commitment and loyalty and understanding if each has a different set of rules which might very well conflict and they didn't even agree on a referee constitution ?

basicly in a relationship built on randomness and the absence of a contract and a set constitution to refer to then anything goes

But most important than all this is that if god says some thing is obligatory a submitter (muslim) doesn't question and reject because that's contrary to submission that's rebellion

and you must spend a lot of time concerning yourself with what others are doing.

prophet Mohammad said: "Whoever sleeps without caring about the affairs of the muslims is not of them"

and when some thing as significant as your relative falling into fornication happens would you be greedy with spending time on this matter?

I bet you if its your own children you will be talking very differently ,,,

Are you of such a standing in your community that people report their sexual activities or lack of them to you?

what standing? am just a member of this society and I mix and deal with them and report what I witnessed. This is only the public stuff that I witnessed and what i do not witness is probably much worse.

Also if you notice i never say names or specific things which means my objective is the moral of the story not picking on a and b and c

salaam

In my area I wouldn't say it's very common. However there are about 3 different clubs where you can go and perform Mutah. The subscription fees can vary depending on how great and experienced your teacher is. My teacher has been an expert in Mutah for 27 years and has studied under different masters. I pay £50.00 a month for 1 Mutah class a week, however there are some people who also perform Mutah in the same place I do and need far more practice so they go twice a week at a reasonable cost of £65.00 a month. The teacher also does private tuition mutah classes in his home - both men and women are welcome, but this is slightly more expensive. £40.00 an hour will give you an intense full on work out and build up your inner chi.

For more information on mutah classes in your area please visit :

http://www.ko-muaythai.com/

LOOOOL this is the best thing I have read today hahahaha.

• Advanced Member

@ Alimohamad40:

I hope you dont mind brother, but I've tried to add you to MSN via your provided contact email address. I would just like some advice, as you seem to be quite knowledgeable. My email is lovelylass, so you know how I am. Thank you so much.

As far as I know, Mutah is not common anywhere around the world.

And that, I think, is the irony. Even the scholars and respectable elders of various (shia) muslim communities seem to be speechless when it comes to dealing with this taboo. No doubt it is well recognised and accepted in our books, but in practical life you'd only offer dissapointment and embarassment to your family and community for practising mutah. That is why, those who have practised it in real life do so in secrecy and keep it that way.

Salams

I hope all is well with you my friend.

A gentleman shouldn't kiss and tell anyway.

It was edited cause the sister couldnt swallow the facts, there wasnt any inappropriate language used. InshAllah is sensitive as usual. Also I never claimed I was perfect, the sister just couldnt understand that mutah is the sunnah, thats the point I was trying to make...

InshAllah is not a sister as far as I know and has shown himself to be one of the most reasonable admins on here. It is ok though.....because everyone can see your ignorant remark since another user quoted it earlier in the thread.

but in practical life you'd only offer dissapointment and embarassment to your family and community for practising mutah. That is why, those who have practised it in real life do so in secrecy and keep it that way.

I think anything that will cause your family to deal with difficulties should be handled very carefully.

Edited by ImAli
  • 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Ameerul Momineen Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) said : "If the second Caliph had not banned Mutah... only a person who lost his mind would commit zinah." There is no strictness let alone misuse of it. Even a woman who is virgin in some conditions get the right to engage into temporary marriage if the affairs of life are in her hands. And as per the saying of Imam Ali (as) Only a person who would be retarded would fall into zina if the second caliph wouldnt ban it. So it really isnt rocket science according to our Imam(AS). As for misuse is concern it would be nice of our sister cites an example here so we can understand her question. Obviously muta with a virgin is haraam (with exceptions) and that would be the only misuse of it.

• Advanced Member

As for misuse is concern it would be nice of our sister cites an example here so we can understand her question. Obviously muta with a virgin is haraam (with exceptions) and that would be the only misuse of it.

Misuse can be done as follows:

* not telling the Mutah woman that the man is already permanently married, or hiding other woman. While I understand its probably not obligatory to declare such things, its just nice to know that you are not the only woman in a man's life

* Contracting a Mutah for say, 6 months. The woman understands she has a 'relationship' with this man for the next 6 months so does become emotionally attached as she feels well, I have 6 months before I need to think about having to let go. Only to have the man "dump" her once she has provided whatever needs he wanted from her. Not nice.

* Using it for only 1 hour to me, as a female, is an abuse as its really not fair to the woman. She would feel like a prostitute.

* Not showing her kindness in general, as women require. You can't just ring her up when you want something (ie physical contact) and then not speak to her or refuse to respond to her attempts to contact you until the next time you require her, and then when she expresses her dislike at being treated poorly, refuse to grant her back her time. So that she is stuck in an unfortunate situation where she can't realyl get out of.

Its more about being honest and treating the woman with the kind of respect that you would like given to your sister. And making sure your actions and words are not insulting. These are forms of misuse as it hurts women emotionally. And yes it is because we women are emotional creatures, Allah made us this way, so we can't really help or change it.

• Advanced Member

i would rather have a daughter who tells me she is engaging in muta than one that goes behind my back and engages in watever. you would be suprised how many of ur kids have bf/gfs. especially with phones and facebook now..i think the ummah, atleast shias shld embrace muta regardless of what other muslims say.

• Veteran Member

Mutah has been and is common with rich (and powerful) men, and women who belong to lower socio-economic stratum.

My great grandfather used to travel to Iran for ziarat regularly. He used to go by road as there were no automobiles. He was a rich trader from India who would seek out less well off women in Iran for mutah for the duration of his stay in Iran, while his wife and kids were back home. And the wife knew it and didn't mind. That's the closest I have heard about mutah being 'common' in my extended family.

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

Mutah has been and is common with rich (and powerful) men, and women who belong to lower socio-economic stratum.

My great grandfather used to travel to Iran for ziarat regularly. He used to go by road as there were no automobiles. He was a rich trader from India who would seek out less well off women in Iran for mutah for the duration of his stay in Iran, while his wife and kids were back home. And the wife knew it and didn't mind. That's the closest I have heard about mutah being 'common' in my extended family.

how long your grandfather stay there????

is your grandfather was BABA sada hussain (late) because it was his habit....

• 1 month later...
Guest a.shia.muslim.brother.110

Salam u alaykom all,

Sorry to be a bit off the topic. But, I'm actually looking for a true Shia revert wife.

Please feel free to contact me for more details:

a.shia.muslim.brother.110@gmail.com

assalam u alaykom

• Advanced Member

i would rather have a daughter who tells me she is engaging in muta than one that goes behind my back and engages in watever. you would be suprised how many of ur kids have bf/gfs. especially with phones and facebook now..i think the ummah, atleast shias shld embrace muta regardless of what other muslims say.

I'd rather my daughter wasn't the town pump, period.

Edited by Alf
  • Veteran Member

how long your grandfather stay there????

is your grandfather was BABA sada hussain (late) because it was his habit....

hahaha omg

u made me laugh.

he was a....

i dont wanna comment.he is not in this world anymore.

Salam u alaykom all,

Sorry to be a bit off the topic. But, I'm actually looking for a true Shia revert wife.

Please feel free to contact me for more details:

a.shia.muslim.brother.110@gmail.com

assalam u alaykom

brother why r u spamming.

make a thread or try shiaspouse

• Veteran Member

Why didn't your great-grandfather take your great-grandmother along for ziyarat too?

Oh I seem to have missed this thread altogether.

He used to head caravans that travelled overland from India to Iraq. The journey was perilously tough and he had little children he wouldn't take along. Hence the wives stayed back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Well if the path is for paved for the youngster boys and girls to get married on time, then there would be not much problems in the society specially where mutta is not into practice. A person who gets married in 27 or 28 (as common here in Pakistan) it is almost impossible to stay aloof of the sins like masturbation, Allah help us to lead life according to islam.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

On topic: No. Its not even rare. I've simply never heard of or seen it happening here in Punjab. However, zina in all shapes and forms including incest, pedophelia, rape, gang rape, gay sex, extramarital sex is a trivial thing.