Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
karan

Syeds

Rate this topic

IN THE NAME OF Allah, THE MOST BENEFICENT, THE MOST MERCIFUL. PRAISE BE TO Allah. THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE. THE SUSTAINER OF LIFE. THE LORD OF THE WORLDS. ALLAHU AKBAR! TRULY THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAHÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, MAY ALL PRAISE AND THANKS BE TO HIM, THE HIGHEST, THE MAGNIFICENT. Allah IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING ELSE AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT HIM.

Sallam Alaykum Wa rahmaullahi wa baraquatuh.

Perhaps karan is asking not literally, can fire hurt Syeds. But maybe she is referring to the hell fire?? Or something along those lines?

^Even so, being a descendant of the Prophet doesn't exempt you from the hell-fire if you deserve it.

Yeah, i was kinda thinking i would get that response, but it's true. I completely agree.

Being a Momin is much preferred than being Mohammed's (pbuh) direct descendant (sayed) and performing deeds like the ones who harmed the Holy Ahlul Bayt (pbut).

.I think the lion / fire-not-harming thingy is for people who are perfectly pious and steadfast in their religion.

I heard that fire can not touch syeds, is it true? if true, then plz explain. I want to know about this.....

jazaALLAH

Lol i doubt that's true, but I also heard something similar that a lion wouldn't ever harm a Syed.... dunno how true that is either :donno:

lol, i also heard these.

I thought these myths are only existed in my region.

Why is this kind of thing even been discussed, anyone who is sayed and believes this, please put your hand in fire and let us know how it goes.

At least for the lion story, there do appear to be other stories that can be used to back up, though I have seen someone with sayed blood being chased by a wild animal (it was a rooster - but it still counts)

4 – Zainab the Great Liar

During the caliphate of Mutawakkil Abbasi, a woman claimed that she was Zainab, the daughter of Fatimah Al-Zahra .

“Years have passed since the time of Zainab, but you appear to be young,” said Mutawakkil to her.

“The Noble Prophet (sa) caressed my head and prayed that every forty years I should become young again!” said the woman.

Mutawakkil called for the elders from the progeny of Abu ±alib, Abbas and the Quraish and placed the issue before them. All of them unanimously averred that the woman was lying because Zainab had died in the year 62 ah.

Zainab, the great liar retorted, “They are the ones who lie. I had concealed myself from the people and none knew of my whereabouts until today.”

“You must establish the falsity of her claims by means of proofs,” insisted Mutawakkil to the elders.

“Ask Imam Hadi (as) to prove false her claims,” they advised. Mutawakkil called for the Imam (as) and informed him of the issue.

“She lies, for Zainab had died in such and such year,” said the Imam (as).

“Present your evidence to prove false her claim,” Mutawwakil demanded.

The Imam (as) said, “The flesh of the children of Fatimah  is forbidden upon the wild beasts; send her before the lions if she speaks the truth!”

Mutawakkil turned to the woman for an answer.

“In this way, he desires to kill me,” said the woman.

“A number of people from the progeny of Fatimah  are present here. You can send whoever you desire (before the wild beasts),” responded the Imam (as).

The narrator states: “The faces of all the sadat present in the gathering turned pale. Some said, “Why does he not go himself instead of referring to others?”

Mutawakkil asked the Imam (as) why he himself was not going before the lions. The Imam (as) instantly agreed to go. Mutawakkil ordered for a ladder, and the Imam (as) entered into the enclosure where the lions were maintained. The wild beasts, in submission and humility, placed their heads on the ground before the Imam (as) and he in turn, caressed their heads. A little later he ordered them to move aside and all of them obeyed!

Mutawakkil's minister advised him, “Ask Imam Hadi (as) to come out immediately for if the people witness this miracle, all of them would flock to him.”

The ladder was laid again and the Imam (as) climbed out.

“Whoever is of the children of Fatimah  should come forward and sit amongst the wild beasts,” proclaimed Imam Hadi (as).

The woman (having witnessed the scene) admitted, “O' Imam! My claims are false. I am the daughter of a certain destitute, and poverty forced me to resort to this deception.”

Mutawakkil ordered his guards to throw the woman to the lions but his mother intervened and interceded for Zainab who was then pardoned.”

Muntahal Aamal, Volume 2, Page 368

http://www.al-islam....s-reflection-2/

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Why is this kind of thing even been discussed, anyone who is sayed and believes this, please put your hand in fire and let us know how it goes.

At least for the lion story, there do appear to be other stories that can be used to back up, though I have seen someone with sayed blood being chased by a wild animal (it was a rooster - but it still counts)

loooool

Guest Mushu

Guys I think he means hell fire.

And actually, I have heard something along those lines; that Syeds go to 'Zamhareer'.

I heard that fire can not touch syeds, is it true? if true, then plz explain. I want to know about this.....

jazaALLAH

It's simply load of twaddle. Syeds will go to hell unless they act as they are told.................... I thinks it's double duty on them to be more pious than non syeds for them there will be no excuse what so ever...................................

Guys I think he means hell fire.

And actually, I have heard something along those lines; that Syeds go to 'Zamhareer'.

I heared Sayed's who deserve hell are not mixed with non-Sayeds in the hell fire. They are seperated and go somewhere worse called Zamhareer which is a very cold place, the pain of which is more intense than the fires of hell. The word zamhareer has been mentioned in the Quran when Allah describes the people of Paradise, that they will not taste the heat of the sun or zamhareer (which refers to coldness) which in sense means that they will enjoy a perfect temperature not too hot or too cold.

jazaALLAH

This is not true. Syeds are as accountable for their sins as regular muslims. The punishment would probably be worse for a syed if he or she turns out evil since better acts are expected from them.

Take the example of shimmer - the murderer of Imam Hussain Alehe Salaam. Shimmer was actually the brother in law of Imam Ali Alehe Salaam and Hazrat Abbas Alamdar was his maternal uncle. Did this stop shimmer from killing so brutally the Imam. No!

lol im a syed and trust me i can be burned lol

If you are syed indeed, isn't the sunnah of your ancestors of having a beard not good enough for you to follow? From your profile pic., you seem more of a Rajpal than a Syed.

Sorry have to pick on my Syed brothers because the title doesn't justify if your actions, face, attire or any other aspect becomes a bloat on our Aimah (as).

Edited by Waiting for HIM