Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
YaaAllah

Fasting Right After Travel And Without Ghusl And..

Rate this topic

Wassalam!

I just came to canada yesterday, about 9:00 pm. I did not wake up for iftar so i also missed the fajr prayer too...

I needed to do ghusl but I still have not done it, can I still fast or do I have to wait for the next day :(?

PLEASE HELP!

I really hope I can fast !

Blessing to all of you the people of true Islam!

Are you in the state of traveling right now?

I will be here for about three weeks, so I dont think so. You have to be travelling for less than 10 ´days I think ? Not sure, please answer that too.. :)

You are correct, you need to intending to be in a place for 10 days or more. If you will be in the same place for three weeks and you have that intention already, then you wouldn't be in the state of traveling generally. If however you'd be traveling to different cities for example during that time (say city A for a week, city B for a day, back to to city A for a week, etc.) that would be traveling.

As to the ghusl question, when did you first realize you would need to do ghusl?

You are correct, you need to intending to be in a place for 10 days or more. If you will be in the same place for three weeks and you have that intention already, then you wouldn't be in the state of traveling generally. If however you'd be traveling to different cities for example during that time (say city A for a week, city B for a day, back to to city A for a week, etc.) that would be traveling.

As to the ghusl question, when did you first realize you would need to do ghusl?

Last night before going to sleep, about 11 pm.

Where you intending to wake up later prior to fajr to do your ghusl? And if so, how certain were you that you'd be able to wake up on time?

Yes, I had put on the alarm on my phone, which i stupididly forgot to take out of my sweatpants, so I was not able to hear the alarm.

But you were confident you would be able to wake up on time prior to fajr to be able to do your ghusl? And you didn't wake up in between and go back to sleep?

No no, i did not wake up at all. when i woke up this morning (6:30 am) I realized that I missed the prayer, the ghusl and food...

Ok, in that case you keep your fast and there is no qada or kaffara according to Sayyid Sistani.

1636. * If a person in Janabat in the night of Ramadhan feels certain that if he goes to sleep he will wake up before the time of Fajr prayers, and is determined to do Ghusl upon waking up, and oversleeps with that determination till the time of Fajr prayers, his fast will be in order. And the same rule applies to a person who, though not absolutely certain, is hopeful about waking up before the time of Fajr prayers.

Ok, in that case you keep your fast and there is no qada or kaffara according to Sayyid Sistani.

1636. * If a person in Janabat in the night of Ramadhan feels certain that if he goes to sleep he will wake up before the time of Fajr prayers, and is determined to do Ghusl upon waking up, and oversleeps with that determination till the time of Fajr prayers, his fast will be in order. And the same rule applies to a person who, though not absolutely certain, is hopeful about waking up before the time of Fajr prayers.

Thank you so much brotha! You just made my day with this post!

May God bless you!