Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Combining Prayers

Rate this topic

Qacim

• Basic Members

Salamun Alaikum.

I am a bit confused about how we Shias merging of prayers of Zohar and Asar (Zoharain) and Maghrib and Isha (Maghribain). I read that Rasool (SAW) offered his prayers like this but one can pray them separately on different times and its said to be "Afzal" to offer Prayers separately.

The question is

1. Our Shia mosques only say Azan for Fajar, Zohar And Maghrib, then how could i know the actual timings of Asar and Isha what if i want to offer Namaz at the actual time of Asar and Isha?

2. also We hear Azan for 3 times why not for five times a day?

• Advanced Member

5 NAMAZ & 3 TIMINGS AS PER QURAAN-E-PAK:

Al-Quran, Sura-e-Hood, Ayat-114:

And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good remove those that are evil, be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord).

Al-Quran, Sura-e-Israa, Ayat-78:

Establish regular prayers - at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur'an in the morning prayer for the recital of dawn is witnessed.

Al-Quran, Sura-e-Noor, Ayat-58:

O ye who believe! let those whom your right hands possess, and the (children) among you who have not come of age ask your permission (before they come to your presence), on three occasions: before morning prayer; the while ye doff your clothes for the noonday heat; and after the late-night prayer: these are your three times of undress: outside those times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about attending to each other: Thus does God make clear the Signs to you: for God is full of knowledge and wisdom.

Al-Quran, Sura-e-Baqarah, Ayat-238:

Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before God in a devout (frame of mind).

Hadees-e-Pak SAWAW:

Maula RasoolAllaah SAWAW ne Zohar-o-Asr mila ker perhi.

Reference: Sahih Muslim, Volume-2, Page-254 / Sunan Ibne Dawood, Volume-1, Page174

• Basic Members

And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good remove those that are evil, be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord).

Establish regular prayers - at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur'an in the morning prayer for the recital of dawn is witnessed.

O ye who believe! let those whom your right hands possess, and the (children) among you who have not come of age ask your permission (before they come to your presence), on three occasions: before morning prayer; the while ye doff your clothes for the noonday heat; and after the late-night prayer: these are your three times of undress: outside those times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about attending to each other: Thus does God make clear the Signs to you: for God is full of knowledge and wisdom.

Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before God in a devout (frame of mind).

Hadees-e-Pak SAWAW:

Reference: Sahih Muslim, Volume-2, Page-254 / Sunan Ibne Dawood, Volume-1, Page174

.Thanks so much. But can you please reply to my second question

2. also We hear Azan for 3 times why not for five times a day? as there are five namaz (in actual) then why not Azaan? and please can you give me references about offering prayers 3 times from sunni books.

Thanks for the Corporation :)

• Advanced Member

.Thanks so much. But can you please reply to my second question

2. also We hear Azan for 3 times why not for five times a day? as there are five namaz (in actual) then why not Azaan? and please can you give me references about offering prayers 3 times from sunni books.

Salaam Brother

Brother Qacim he provided you with 5 prayers and 3 timings from Quran, the book of Allah and you thanked him, did not argue with him about it. Why you seek it in hadith book!!!!?

Your second question is out of context. Azan is call for prayer can be given as many times as you want. Purpose is to call the muslims to prayers. When they hear Zuhr from Mosque, they do not leave it without praying Asr as per 3 time rule so no need to call for prayer over microphones.

JazakAllah

.Thanks so much.

and please can you give me references about offering prayers 3 times from sunni books.

Salaam brother

He provided you with reference numbers from sunni books. I guess you did not read the last line of his post.

This is a link for your reference of combing prayer from sunni book;

http://islamport.com/d/1/tfs/1/37/1922.html

some more for your help

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 537, Chapter Times of the Prayers:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed in Medina seven (rak'ahs) and eight (rak'ahs), i. e. (combined) the noon (Zuhr) and afternoon (`Asr) prayers (eight rak'ahs) and the dusk (Maghrib) and night ('Isha') prayers (seven rak'ahs).

The Prophet (s) prayed in Madinah, while residing there, not travelling, seven and eight (this is an indication to the seven Raka't of Maghrib and 'Isha' combined, and the eight Raka't of Zuhr and `Asr combined).

Ahmad ibn Hanbal, al-Musnad, Volume 1, page 221

http://www.shiaforums.org/imagehost/?di=8LO6

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.shiaforums.org/imagehost/?dm=8LO6' alt='?dm=8LO6'>

For more help , please ask.

JazakAllah

• Veteran Member

1. Our Shia mosques only say Azan for Fajar, Zohar And Maghrib, then how could i know the actual timings of Asar and Isha what if i want to offer Namaz at the actual time of Asar and Isha?

The best time for asr is about an hour and a half after dhuhr

The best time for isha is about fifteen minutes after maghreb

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

can you clarify these verses which point to 5 different times of prayers, and verse of 58 or noor is not prayers(night and issha) it is only prayer(Issha).

and point number 18 of sura room point to after noon prayer. the rest is clear i guess.

Taha-160

130. So, (O messenger,) endure with patience what they say, and proclaim the purity and praise of your Lord before sunrise and before sunset. And in some hours of night, proclaim His purity, and at points of the day as well, so that you may be pleased.

Room 17-18

17. So, proclaim Allah’s purity (from shirk) when you see the evening and when you see the morning.

18. And to Him be praise in the heavens and the earth, and in the afternoon and when you enter the time of àuhr (soon after the decline of the sun towards West).

Noor 58

58. O you who believe, the slaves owned by you, and those of you

who have not reached puberty, must seek your permission (to see you) at three times: before the prayer of Fajr, and when you take off your clothes at noon, and after the prayer of Isha’. These are three times of privacy for you. There is no harm, neither to you nor to them, after these (three times). They are your frequent

visitors, as some of you are (frequent visitors) of the others.

This is how Allah explains the verses to you. Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Hadees-e-Pak SAWAW: