Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Aisha Is A Bad Woman

Rate this topic

guest081411

• Advanced Member

salam every1,

Abu Huraira narrated:

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) looked toward Ali, al-Hasan, al-Husain, and

Fatimah, and said: "I am in the state of war with those who will fight

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you, and in the state of peace with those who are peaceful to you."

^^^

Sunni references:

(1) Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, p699

(2) Sunan Ibn Majah, v1, p52

(3) Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p767, Tradition #1350

(4) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p149

(5) Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p169

(6) al-Kabir, by Tabarani, v3, p30, also in al-Awsat

(7) Jamius Saghir, by al-Ibani, v2, p17

(8) Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v7, p137

(9) Sawai'q al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p221

(10) Talkhis, by al-Dhahabi, v3, p149

(11) Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, p25

(12) Mishkat al-Masabih, by Khatib al-Tabrizi, English Version, Tdadition

So this means the prophet is in war with Aisha too.

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Loving Ali is the sign of belief, and hating Ali is the sign of

hypocrasy."

^^^^^^^^^

Sunni references:

- Sahih Muslim, v1, p48;

- Sahih Tirmidhi, v5, p643;

- Sunan Ibn Majah, v1, p142;

- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal v1, pp 84,95,128

- Tarikh al-Kabir, by al-Bukhari (the author of Sahih), v1, part 1, p202

- Hilyatul Awliya', by Abu Nu'aym, v4, p185

- Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v14, p462

"Whoever hurts Ali, has hurt me"

Sunni references:

- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p483

- Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Hanbal, v2, p580, Tradition #981

- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p129

- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p263

- Ibn Habban, Ibn Abd al-Barr, etc.

"Whoever reviles/curses Ali, has reviled/cursed me"

Sunni reference:

- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p121, who mentioned this tradition is

Authentic.

- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v6, p323

- Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Hanbal, v2, p594, Tradition #1011

- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p130

- Mishkat al-Masabih, English version, Tradition #6092

- Tarikh al-Khulafa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p173

- and many others such as Tabarani, Abu Ya'la, etc.

Now tell me how can u tell Aisha mother of believers, so this means the verse what sunnis show in quran has an other meaning.

hadith about mauwiyah:

Narrated Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas:

Muawiyah, the son of Abu Sufyan, give order to Sa'd, and told him:

"What prevents you that you are refraining from cursing Abu Turab

(nickname of Ali)?" Sa'd replied: "Don't you remember that the Prophet

said three things about (the virtue of) Ali? So I will never curse

Ali."

Sunni reference: Sahih Muslim, Chapter of Virtues of Companions, Section of

Virtues of Ali, Arabic, v4, p1871, Tradition #32.

Tell me why do u sunnis accept muawiyah?

• Veteran Member

My personal opinion on Aisha is this: she had a chip on her shoulder, but that doesn't mean she was an evil person to the core. However, I don't see her as some sort of high and mighty saint. She's just...Aisha. I leave it at that and I think other Shia should.

• Advanced Member

My personal opinion on Aisha is this: she had a chip on her shoulder, but that doesn't mean she was an evil person to the core. However, I don't see her as some sort of high and mighty saint. She's just...Aisha. I leave it at that and I think other Shia should.

Depends how true the arrowing of the body of the 2nd Imam is

She fought against our Imam Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã....

• Advanced Member

"Narrated Abu Maryam `Abdullah bin Ziyad Al−Aasadi: When Talha, AzZubair and `Aisha moved to Basra, `Ali sent `Ammar bin Yasir and Hasan bin `Ali who came to us at Kufa and ascended the pulpit. Al−Hasan bin `Ali was at the top of the pulpit and `Ammar was below Al−Hasan. We all gathered before him. I heard `Ammar saying, "`Aisha has moved to Al−Busra. By Allah! She is the wife of your Prophet in this world and in the Hereafter. But Allah has put you to test whether you obey Him (Allah) or her (`Aisha)." (220 BK 88, Sahih Al Bukhari)

The Quran sys this about Ayesha and Hafsa, it specifically points them out as having sinned and specifically warns them with divorce

[Yusufali 66:3] When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."

[Yusufali 66:4] If ye two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.

[Yusufali 66:5] It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,- who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته - Peace be upon you as well as Allah's Mercy and Blessings...

و الصلاة و السلام على خير خلق الله و حبيب قلوبنا، الرسول محمد، و آله الطيبين الطاهرين - And may the Prayers and Peace be upon the Best of Allah's Creations, the beloved of our hearts, the Messenger Mu7ammad as well as his Generous and Pure Family...

و لعنة الله الدائمة على أعداءهم و ظالميهم و التابعين على ذلك من الأولين إلى الآخرين - And may the permanent curse of Allah be upon their enemies and their oppressors and those who follow the trend from the first ones to the last ones...

As far as i know, she didn't recognize the Imams of her time (and they were 4 after the Messenger -saaws-)... whether it was:

1. Imam Ali al-Murtadha -as-

2. Imam Hasan al-Mujtaba -as-

3. Imam Husên al-Shahid -as-

4. Imam Ali al-Sajjad -as-...

Just because of this, she died a death of Jâhiliyyâ (pre-islamic ignorance)...

She conspired (story of the Honey) against the Messenger -saaws- and even asked him who told him about her conspiracies when he confronted her (was she really believing he was getting revelations from Allah -swt-? or was she thinking she was just married to an important person and nothing more?).

She went against his wishes, she waged war against the most beloved people to the Messenger -saaws-...

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته - And upon you be Peace as well as Allah's Mercy and Blessings...

She was married when she was may be mentally immature, between other wives, the battles, the hajj, the time prophet spent it's de and with others, she hardly got to see prophet (sawaw) for not more than 365 days in her life. It's not her fault that bunch of deviant Muslims started following her. Just like it's not ibless fault that many in humanity follow him on thier own desires. She was the victim of her status as mother of believers and of being the mahram of prophet (sawaw). Vanity killed her. Jealousy made her into something she was not supposed to be. She had all the faults of a normal woman/man amplified by her wrong judgement and childish juvinile attitude.

In the end of Unity sake, let's do not talk about her because after all she was the wife of prophet.

• Advanced Member

the real question should be "Why Aisha is a Good Woman"

1) She is wife of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) (which grants her nothing other then title Mother of Believers)

.... am i missing anything else?

Although I usually prevent attacking the character of Aisha and Hafsa, it is very important to note the flaw in your argument.

Many Prophets had evil wives. Prophet Lut [a.s]? Prophet Noah [a.s]?...

• Advanced Member

Salaam

Ayesha was unfaithful lady but not a vile woman. We hate her because she went against Quran, the Allah's order, which leaves her in no different position as Noah's wife. She was augmentative , barren woman which also put her on the lower border of best woman in character.

She is also clearly warned in Quran over making conspiracies against prophet s.a.w along with another wife. (sura Tahreem)

Warned by Allah along with other wives in Sura Ahdab. All other wives respected the order of Allah except her.

She fought against the Imam of time (Shia faith) and against the Rightly guided caliph of the time (sunni belief) which is another mistake of her part.

Therefore, taking hadith, fiqah, advice, consultation or anything related to religion has no credibility if it has been taken from such personality. She was just a wife, unfaithful one just like Noah p.b.u.h 's wife or Lut's p.b.u.h wife. This means 80% of sunni way of islam is not credible and reality like this becomes difficult to swallow and then hate and ignorance and satan's magic work on followers of so called Sunnah.

Please, stop wasting your life after a corrupt woman, we are not refuting her position to make our position better but to follow after Muhammad s.a.w, his right successor and his true Sunnah, Imam Ali a.s.

Dont let satan follow a woman again as he alway did by making pagans follow goddess.

Thank you

• Advanced Member

One advice to all:

Whoever dislikes a certain sahabah or someon please do not just say what comes into your heads. Back it up with hadith.

This is the reason why all sunni's say SHIAS swear and abuse Mother of the Believers, Ayesha.

NOT all SHIAS do, due to some, we all are targetted!

Yes, she disliked Imam Ali (as) so much that to the extent where she wouldn't mention his name.

she stopped Imam Hasan (as) from being buried next to his dear beloved grandfather.

she went to war with Imam Ali (as), because she was instigated and used as a puppet by her cousin's: Talha and Zubair!

She even ridiculed the Holy Prophet (saw) because he would remember Bibi Khadijah and cry for her. (mentioned in sahih bukhari)

BUT, as the wife of our Beloved Holy Prophet (saw) we should respect her. we are believers, so she is mother of all believers.

as far as her commiting zina, this is the first I have hear dof this. what is your proof?! Do not attribute false rumours to a person's character, just to make them look bad.

someone mentioned she was barren and so is from bad character! that is sooo absurd! so all women who are barren are of bad character!?

Children are a blessing from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. sometimes He (Swt) tests us to see how much faith we have in him. that is a ridiculous comment I've ever heard of!

This all may sound like I am in favour of her, no I am not! but, just asking for all to atleast have a back up before we attribute certain things to a person.

Jazak Allah

• Veteran Member

At the very least, it is clear that she was absolutely consumed by jealousy throughout her whole life, and jealousy is a major sin. I don't know why such a person should be considered to be a great saint, when many ordinary women are able to rid themselves of this disease.

• Advanced Member

so for what reasons is she known as a SAINT?!

if a sunni person can put up hadith showing her greatness than it would be good.

it's funny how nobody to date has ever complimented about the Leader of all Women in this world and the next.. our great Lady Bibi Fatemah Zahra (sa)

Sunni's are always going on about Ayesha. what about Hafsa?! or even the Great Lady, Bibi Khadija (sa)!?!

you leave the main essence and go for the one's who made the Prophet (SaW) angry at countless amount of times.

I find that Sunnis only give so much importance to her, because of the fact that she is the daughter of your first caliph Abu Bakr rather than the wife of the Holy Prophet (saw)!

• Advanced Member

someone mentioned she was barren and so is from bad character! that is sooo absurd! so all women who are barren are of bad character!?

Children are a blessing from Allah سبحانه وتعالى. sometimes He (Swt) tests us to see how much faith we have in him. that is a ridiculous comment I've ever heard of!

This all may sound like I am in favour of her, no I am not! but, just asking for all to atleast have a back up before we attribute certain things to a person.

Jazak Allah

And this not at all sound if you are in favor of her but you misunderstood what i meant.

" barren woman which also put her on the lower border of best woman in character."

This was regarding refuting sunni's hadith of making Ayesha's character or position best among all women. There are numerous hadiths present in their books which mentions her as Sureed has superiority over other food similarly ayesha has. But she was not at all superior to number of women according to their own other hadiths and plus one quality of woman's good character in superiority speaks Prophet of Allah s,a,w said fertile women are better than barren. History does not mention if she was fertile , it was in that context.

Children are a blessing from Allah سبحانه وتعالى. sometimes He (Swt) tests us to see how much faith we have in him. that is a ridiculous comment I've ever heard of!

must be due to lack of knowledge. References for hadiths are present on many links on this forum. Easy to find.

BUT, as the wife of our Beloved Holy Prophet (saw) we should respect her. we are believers, so she is mother of all believers.

You need some help in this ideology. Respect to Ayesha demands " not just wife of a prophet' , wife can be good or bad, we need to see how was that wife and mashAllah you have good knowledge of her plots.

No doubt we are believers so she is not allowed as a woman to us as she is our mother. This order is for those who had some filthy desires in their heat not for Shian e Haider e Karrar.

• Advanced Member

If anyone fought against Abu Bakr or Umar, Sunnis wouldn't hesitate in condemning them. But when Aisha fights Imam Ali (as), then they let it slide. Double standards to me.

I'm also of the belief that she poisoned the Prophet (pbuh). Her other crimes include arrowing the body of Imam Hassan (as) and showing hatred towards Bibi Fatima (as) and Khadija (as).

• Basic Members

Alsalam Alyekom Everyone

Initially I want to introduce myself, I am a sunni for almathab almaliki. For me, I see there is no difference between Suniis and Shias, as both sides believe in Allah and Mohammed (pbuh). But the issue in this current era is if people does not stop labeling muslims with sunni and shias, this will only cause a problems for all muslims isnt it? How can we muslims fight people who says Alshahadah (talking about both sides, not defending a specific side in this argument).

Some people do not know (including sunnis (due to wahabis enological ideas at this time made by saudi government) that the Sunnah point of view about what happened in the Battle of the Jamal (Camel) is that :

- Alzubair, Talhah and Aisha (Rathya Allah Anhom) when they went to albasrah they were wrong, as Imam Ali (as)(was the imam/khalifa), so they should have gotten his command initially. Backing this up for Alquran Alkareem:

O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).

- According to Sunna sources, alzubair, Talhah and Aisha (Rathya Allah Anhom) went to albasrah to talk to the tribal leaders ( of the killers of Othman in that area) in there to revenge from the killers of Othman (Rathya Allah Anho). In both Sunni and Shia sources, Imam Hassan (as) and Imam Hussain (as) they defended Othman, this means that Imam Ali (as) was against killing Othman, thus against the killers of Othman. </p>

- If Alzubair, Talhah and Aisha (Rathya Allah Anhom) were against Imam Ali (as), why didnt they head to Almadinah? I do not see that they were against Imam Ali, but they had some poor judgment to the the situation, they should not have gone there without getting the acceptance of Imam Ali (as)

Anyhow after the battle took place, Imam Ali (as), send some women from albasrah to accompany Aisha (rathya Allah Anhaa) to the Madina, this means that if she meant nothing to him, he would not even careless to send her back. So I think we as muslims should set this as an example for Imam Ali (as) ( and i dont think there is a better example to follow in this life) that Aisha has it place, because she was the wife of our prophet (pbuh)so swearing or calling her a kafir is not a civilised way and in my opinion is a wrongful way.

• Veteran Member

One advice to all:

Whoever dislikes a certain sahabah or someon please do not just say what comes into your heads. Back it up with hadith.

This is the reason why all sunni's say SHIAS swear and abuse Mother of the Believers, Ayesha.

NOT all SHIAS do, due to some, we all are targetted!

Yes, she disliked Imam Ali (as) so much that to the extent where she wouldn't mention his name.

she stopped Imam Hasan (as) from being buried next to his dear beloved grandfather.

she went to war with Imam Ali (as), because she was instigated and used as a puppet by her cousin's: Talha and Zubair!

She even ridiculed the Holy Prophet (saw) because he would remember Bibi Khadijah and cry for her. (mentioned in sahih bukhari)

as far as her commiting zina, this is the first I have hear dof this. what is your proof?! Do not attribute false rumours to a person's character, just to make them look bad.

Children are a blessing from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. sometimes He (Swt) tests us to see how much faith we have in him. that is a ridiculous comment I've ever heard of!

Jazak Allah

Salaam sister.

I tend to agree with most of your assessment posted above but I disagree with this statement of yours "BUT, as the wife of our Beloved Holy Prophet (saw) we should respect her. we are believers, so she is mother of all believers."

Allah (swt) shows us in Quran how he treated wives of Lut & Nooh. Just because she is the wife of the prophet (pbuh) doesnt grant her immunity from bad deeds. How can you still call her mother of all believers when she voluntarily led many muslims to death just to fulfill her personal desires? You have written above about the jealousy of Ayesha and her hatred towards Imam Ali. How did you forget the hadith of our holy prophet (pbuh) where he clearly stated hating Imam Ali (as) is an act of hypocricy. How can a hypocrite be called mother of all believers? But I do agree we can propbably show a bit of respect to her because she is a women.

• Advanced Member

To keep it simple and better and more understandable:

"the torment for her will be doubled," Quran (Al Ahzab).

Name of the victim: Ayesha bint Abu Bakr.

Crime: went against Allah's order.

Defense submitted: Wife of a Prophet.

Judge of Choice: Sunni Judge

Sentence: Defense overruled as per sunni believe no tawasul, therefore crime cannot be fogiven.

Crime proved: "And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance"(Quran) but she was leader of rebels in the war against Amir ul Momineen

To keep it simple and better and more understandable:

"the torment for her will be doubled," Quran (Al Ahzab).

Name of the victim: Ayesha bint Abu Bakr.

Crime: went against Allah's order.

Defense submitted: Wife of a Prophet.

Judge of Choice: Sunni Judge

Sentence: Defense overruled as per sunni believe no tawasul, therefore crime cannot be fogiven.

Crime proved: "And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance"(Quran) but she was leader of rebels in the war against Amir ul Momineen

That was brilliant!!

Edited by adilrizvi

• Basic Members

Well, I mean if Prophet Noah's wifes are cursed and abused in the Quran, then why can't we curse and abuse Aisha? Does it not make any sense? After all she is responsible for over 20,000 deaths. She publicly beheaded prisoners inside a Masjid. Astagirallah. She is a murderer, and a jealous wife two major sins.

• Advanced Member

Im surprised about some of the views on this thread. One point, if she did poison the Prophet pbuh, why did Imam Ali let her go after Jamal? Political astutenes is one thing, but letting the supposed murderer of our Holy Prophet go free?

Good question but not the proper one.

She was not Allah's enemy but her hate for Islam was only due to her personal hate to Fatima s.a and her Husband and family. She used the name of Islam and tried to cash her status of Prophet's wife against Imam Ali a.s and went on war. Imam Ali a.s sent her back because Imam Ali a.s is famous for his judgement. He knew her intentions are not to promote idol worshiping again or denounce Islam but she is showing hate due to personal reasons and is being led into the war by some hypocrites namely 'Zubair and his son' , Talha and Umayyans. Plus prophet s.a.w always spoke to treat female with least harsh punishments.

Further what happened and what Imam Ali a.s told her while sending her back to medina is present in history of Islam.

Well, I mean if Prophet Noah's wifes are cursed and abused in the Quran, then why can't we curse and abuse Aisha? Does it not make any sense? After all she is responsible for over 20,000 deaths. She publicly beheaded prisoners inside a Masjid. Astagirallah. She is a murderer, and a jealous wife two major sins.

We cant abuse Ayesha not because she is Ayesha. In Islam we cannout abuse any person. Abusing means language not welcome in social and religious world. We can send Taburra on Ayesha suba shaam but that is different from abusing. Taburra should not leave criticism based on facts and knowledge.

Edited by Muntaqim Force

• Advanced Member

Please, who is aisha nd wat exactely did she do dat made her a bad woman?

Welcome new user. If you look at previous threads there is very simple explanation. Who was she, her crime etc is given in few lines.

Post number 23

JazakAllah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

At the very least, it is clear that she was absolutely consumed by jealousy throughout her whole life, and jealousy is a major sin. I don't know why such a person should be considered to be a great saint, when many ordinary women are able to rid themselves of this disease.

You can't say jealousy in itself is a major sin. Jealousy is human nature and no one can say from day one "I'm going to be a jealous person" or otherwise....We can learn to control it, but as I said, it's human nature, just as anger, and many other emotions...You're right, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be jealous, we shouldn't allow it to take us over, but you can't say we're sinners for feeling a natural emotion.

• Veteran Member

You can't say jealousy in itself is a major sin. Jealousy is human nature and no one can say from day one "I'm going to be a jealous person" or otherwise....We can learn to control it, but as I said, it's human nature, just as anger, and many other emotions...You're right, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be jealous, we shouldn't allow it to take us over, but you can't say we're sinners for feeling a natural emotion.

Ok fine, if I say it is a sin to express it or to act on it, is that better? In any case, better to control it.

1 – Muhammad b. Ya`qub (in al-Kafi) from a number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid from Muhammad b. `Ali from Muhammad b. al-Fudayl from Sa`d al-Jalab from Abu `Abdillah (عليه السلام). He said: Verily Allah `azza wa jalla has not made jealousy for women, only the infidel women(al-munkirat) are jealous. As to the believing women, then no. Allah has only made jealousy for the men because four (wives) and what their right hand owns are permitted to the men and He has not made for the woman but her husband. So if she wants someone else with him, she is according to Allah an adulteress.

2 – And from `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father, and from Muhammad b. Isma`il from al-Fadl b. Shadhan, all from Ibn Abi `Umayr from `Abd ar-Rahman b. al-Hajjaj going up to him. He said: While the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله) was sitting, a naked woman came until she was standing before him. So she said: O Messenger of Allah, I have fornicated, so purify me. He said: A man came racing after her, and he put upon her a piece of clothing. So he said: Who is she [in relation to you]? So he said: My companion (i.e. wife), O Messenger of Allah. I was alone with my slave-girl, so she did what you see. He said: Take (lit. add) her with you. Then he said: Verily jealousy does not see the uppermost of the valley from its lowermost.

3 – And from a number of our companions from Ahmad b. Abi `Abdillah from Muhammad b. al-Hasan from Yusuf b. Hammad from the one whom he mentioned from Jabir from Abu Ja`far (عليه السلام). He said: Jealousy of women is hasad and hasad is the root of kufr. Verily, when women are jealous they are angry, and when they are angry they do kufr except for the Muslimat from them.

4 – And from them from Ahmad from his father from Muhammad b. Sinan from Khalid al-Qalanisi. He said: A man mentioned his wife to Abu `Abdillah (عليه السلام) praised her much. So Abu `Abdillah (عليه السلام) said to him: Have you made her jealous (i.e. by another woman)? He said: No. He said: Then make her jealous. So he made her jealous and she remained (steady, firm). So he said to Abu `Abdillah (عليه السلام): I have made her jealous and she remained. So he said: She is as you say.

6 – Muhammad b. `Ali b. al-Husayn (in al-Faqih) by his isnad from Muhammad b. al-Fudayl from Sharis al-Washibi from Jabir [from Abu `Abdillah (عليه السلام)]. He said: Verily Allah has written jihad upon the men and jihad upon the women. So the jihad of the man is that he expend his property and his blood until he is killed in the path of Allah. And the jihad of the woman is that she be patient upon what she sees of the annoyance of her husband and his jealousy.

8 – Muhammad b. al-Husayn ar-Radi in Nahj al-Balagha. He said: Amir al-Mu’mineen (عليه السلام) said: The jealous of the woman is kufr, and the jealousy of the man is iman.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/preliminaries/jealousy-in-women

“There has come to you the disease of the nations before you, jealousy and hatred. This is the ‘shaver’ (destroyer); I do not say that it shaves hair, but that it shaves (destroys) faith. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of that which will strengthen love between you? Spread (the greeting of) salaam amongst yourselves.” (A hasan hadeeth. Jaami’ al-Tirmidhi, 2434).

Of course, Sunnis generally have a more lenient view of jealousy among women, since they could hardly denounce it without having to denounce Aisha as this was something she never learnt to control.