Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Avoid Fasting In Ramadan

Rate this topic

sallamun alaykum

bro from your text it shows u havent gone to iraq or dont know how they live.

in iraq if you dont work you lose your livelihood. the heat is killing them how can they be creative???. warm water will make it worse becuase it would be probably hurt them considering the heat.

were not talking about a country like the us or europe. were talking about people who will DIE if they work outside and have DIED. are you being serious when your talking about nuitriants. bro these people are in a dangerous enviroment and have gone through war. u think nuitriants will actually save their lives when drugs barely can? ive listened to the speaker before his very staunch in the matter of fasting except that people were dying becuase of the heat therefore a way was found so that they would not risk dying.

anyway inshalalh Allah (AW) gives you the chance to see the heat and danger their in so that you can understand the ruling.

ws wr wb

WA wr wb,

You don't have to quit working; there are plenty of ways of making an income. Evidently you don't understand how nutrition works. It's actually easier for one who lives in Iraq, since they would be accustomed to these challenges.

Guest Mushu

WA wr wb,

You don't have to quit working; there are plenty of ways of making an income. Evidently you don't understand how nutrition works. It's actually easier for one who lives in Iraq, since they would be accustomed to these challenges.

Wth are you on about? What do you reccomend that a man with no education or qualifications do to support his family?

• Advanced Member

The temperature gets hot in many places; not an excuse not to fast. Working hard outdoors? Be creative, find another job. No cold water? Settle for warm; any water is good when you are thirsty, you should know that. High blood pressure? Then get off those drugs, and work on nutrition! Excusitis, anyone?

(salam)

Many of us are privileged to live comfortable lives whilst others aren't. It's not that easy to just find another job in such places or draw up a nutrition timetable.

You can't just go and get an education with a snap of your fingers.

It is perfectly allowed to travel whilst fasting in order for you not fast (and of course you make up for it later).

As it has been stated, it is makruh but we shouldn't be making something permissible into haraam.

Your statements are very sweeping brother (no disrespect intended at all).

Edited by Replicant
Guest Mushu

Perhaps get an education and/or qualifications. Is that too absurd of a request?

And how is the said persons family supposed to live whilst this middle-aged man goes to school? How is he supposed to pay for his schooling?

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Perhaps get an education and/or qualifications. Is that too absurd of a request?

With all due respect, yes. Education and qualifications aren't easy? Nor are they cheap. If a man has a family and needs to work to put food on the table, what do you think he can swan off and leave his family to starve for x amount of years? Working every day doesn't buy enough money for privileges. Sometimes, it buys enough for basic food at best.

So that, is an absurd request. We all take our lives for granted. These people have to work their fingers to the bone day and night without even being able to afford some decent clothes.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

WA wr wb,

Brother as i said before Inshallah Allah (AW) shows u that situation for a while so you can understand why education and other conditions that we get freely is not a solution for iraqis who are starving and dying becuase of a lack of work.

anyway the speaker knows better than u and me about the situation in iraq and it is his ijtihad and indeed his ijtihad is correct.

ws wr wb

Edited by mo87_11014

(salam)

Many of us are privileged to live comfortable lives whilst others aren't. It's not that easy to just find another job in such places or draw up a nutrition timetable.

You can't just go and get an education with a snap of your fingers.

It is perfectly allowed to travel whilst fasting in order for you not fast (and of course you make up for it later).

As it has been stated, it is makruh but we shouldn't be making something permissible into haraam.

Your statements are very sweeping brother (no disrespect intended at all).

WA wr wb,

Man, that's like giving your marja khums money with the condition that he gives it back to you as a gift. Sure, one may plan to make up for it later.

And how is the said persons family supposed to live whilst this middle-aged man goes to school? How is he supposed to pay for his schooling?

He doesn't need to go through conventional schools to obtain certain skills/qualifications. It's called struggling. Nothing new. Our Imam went without water for how long? And you guys want to cry for a few hours without water? Man up!

(salam)

With all due respect, yes. Education and qualifications aren't easy? Nor are they cheap. If a man has a family and needs to work to put food on the table, what do you think he can swan off and leave his family to starve for x amount of years? Working every day doesn't buy enough money for privileges. Sometimes, it buys enough for basic food at best.

So that, is an absurd request. We all take our lives for granted. These people have to work their fingers to the bone day and night without even being able to afford some decent clothes.

(wasalam)

WA wr wb,

Then stay away from the more lavish lifestyles. No one is telling them to eat like a pig, nor to starve. Seek a middle course (the path you guys forgot about). Without a hard time, we don't appreciate anything. That's what you guys seem to like; you want a free ride. Learn to take some responsibility.

• Advanced Member
Then you shouldn't have done the fast in the first place.I guess you then have to do a qadha fast and / or give a kafaara.

Did you mean that we're burdening ourselves with fast?

Do your best but don't harm yourself; anything wrong with my saying?

I also wonder why only the Shiites got problem with these hot weather thing, I seriously think that some people needs to fix the resoluteness of their niyaat to do the good deeds, moreover the wajibaat.

• Advanced Member

Wow... I can't believe you guys are letting this guy insult you.

It's obligatory when traveling in Ramadan to break your fast. Traveling in Ramadan isn't made haram. The ruling stands that it's makrooh if you travel just to break your fast. If you Sunnis have a different standpoint, you should take it to someone who gives a damn about Sunni fiqh (you know, someone who is a Sunni).

Video of some random person proves...?? Nothing. If the OP would like to directly tackle this issue, then he should do it more appropriately. These are the rulings of the 'Ulema on traveling: http://www.islam-law.../travelfiqh.htm . If the OP wants to provide some authentic ahadith on the issue, I'm willing to listen. Otherwise, he's being a child and trying to cause disunity.

Oh and in case the OP isn't very knowledgeable of fiqh, makrooh means it's disliked, i.e. you shouldn't do it, but there's no restriction on it.

Edited by Jay
  • Veteran Member

I wish you got some idiot-proof medicine available for sale so the idiots wont get around the rulings, such as people who legalize prostitution in the name of Muta, the same case can easily happen to some lazy saaims.

If mutah is legalized prostitution, why would the Prophet EVER make it halal?

Correct me if I am wrong, but Sunnis do not deny that mutah was allowed by the Prophet. They don't permit it today simply because Omar outlawed it.

So how can you reconcile the two views of "Mutah is prostitution" and "The Prophet allowed mutah."

Even if we are to assume that this was a temporary commandment, why would the Prophet allow prostitution even temporarily?

IMHO it's best for Sayyed Sistani to say, do your best but don't harm yourself instead of going overboard making new rules.

In fact, Sayyed Sistani has not made any new rules. Rather, what you have said would be making a new rule, because it would permit people to break their fast without doing anything that would allow them to break their fast. "Try your best" is not a proper fatwa.

• Advanced Member

I wish you got some idiot-proof medicine available for sale so the idiots wont get around the rulings, such as people who legalize prostitution in the name of Muta, the same case can easily happen to some lazy saaims. IMHO it's best for Sayyed Sistani to say, do your best but don't harm yourself instead of going overboard making new rules.

If Muta is prostitution, why Quran (4:24) allow it and refer to Sunni tafsir of Ibne Abbas.

وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۖ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ ۚ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُمْ مَا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَنْ تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُمْ مُحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ ۚ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُمْ بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُمْ بِهِ مِنْ بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا {24}

[Shakir 4:24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

You cannot enforce Sunna of Umar upon us and make something halal as haram.

Further if you want you can practise your deviated sunna of Misyar (legal prostitution) and triple talaq, which contradict the Quran, but Muta is in Quran so how can you challenge it?

Edited by zakzaki
  • Veteran Member

(bismillah)

Oh Rocke, silly sunni.... trying to down our scholars for passing a fatwa that comes straight from the ahadeeth? Have you seen the fatwa of al-Tantawi about people who are fasting in "far" areas where Suhoor is really early and their iftar really late? He said they can just break their fast on Medinan time! So while they are in the middle of the day, sun's out, it's Shahr Ramadan, they just start eating cause the people in Saudi are eating. And it's just "too hard" to fast that long day in the Summer.

Talking about people making up new rules. Our rules are from the ahadeeth, yours are from faulty qiyas and personal opinion. And Iblees [la] was the first to do qiyas and ruin his akhirah.

في أمان الله

• Advanced Member

Okay, so we can play fool and travel when things getting hot around the neighborhood to break our fast... I'm convinced.

Salam Alaykum,

I am from Iraq, and I occasionally call my extended family to check up on them.

They fast still despite the temperature lately has been reaching up to 53 degrees Celsius.

As brother "Mushu" already mentioned, electricity isn't available for most Iraqis in these difficult times.

I still bet that if you were in their shoes, you would have a very different opinion. :-)

I remember one of my uncles, from my mother's side, saying something along the lines of "I desperately wish to

rip my soul out of my body due to this intense heat."

Very Graphic! :D

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

many scholars say that it is permissible to drink a small amount of water, to keep you away from damaging your body through ramadhan, this will not invalidate your fast, ill try find sources in a bit

(bismillah)

I'm pretty sure they say that if the fast is becoming too much for your health (you fear for yourself), then you are to break it and drink some water. And I'm also pretty sure that you're to make it's qadhaa later.

wallahu a`alaam.

You do realize that we have ahadeeth that basically teach that one who has a job which consists of traveling regularly, as in being a driver, is to offer full prayers. Now, he will not have an excuse to travel for the sake of sidestepping his obligations. Ask that scholar what this driver should do? Does he fast, and the others avoid it? Are the others that weak-hearted? As I said, you guys love to complain.

Edited by gogiison2
  • Advanced Member

@All, Why I mentioned Mutah? Forbidden things can be allowed in the most extreme condition, for example.

1. It's allowed to KILL the enemy without the consent of Imam/Khalifah when they crossed the border.

2. It's allowed to eat drink something which is forbidden considerably just to end your hunger/thirst, if that's the only thing you can find in the middle of a desert.

3. It's allowed for a women to STEAL some money from his damn stingy husband, but only for the sake of the household.

The same case WAS with Mutah before the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam forbid it forever in the Day of Khaybar. If you look carefully, no people willy nilly practiced Mutah except they're in extreme conditions then told the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam that they're far from their wives and they're afraid of doing fahishah,

Same case also with fasting, if you just can't hold it due to any extreme conditions then why bother traveling? Just break your fast and do it another day.

@zakzaki, actually Ibn Abbas was criticized by Imam Ali for allowing people to do Mutah.

@baradar. yes it's not a proper fatwa, in fact it's not even a fatwa... it's nasihah (advice) and that's what the religion is about.

They fast still despite the temperature lately has been reaching up to 53 degrees Celsius.

My deepest respect for your family.

Edited by Rocke