Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Do Muslims Believe So Many Conspiracy Theories

Rate this topic

• Banned

Salam, Ya Ali Madad and lanat upon the enemies of the ahlebeyt (as) guys

there are a lot of disinfo agents out there (like hashmi films) who mix truth and falsehood to come out with some funky theory, which people will get really excited about and waste days/months/ years reasearching, only to discover at the end that it was all nonsense and they should have focused their energies elsewhere.

this is a common tactic, because it effectively neutralises those who would/ could be politically active because they are too busy chasing false leads thinking they are "on to something" when in truth they are being played worse than those who know nothing.

i always hear, and always get annoyed, when i hear terms like "illuminati", "freemasons", "new world order" and so on.

there is a global conspiracy afoot, and there is a plan which involves us, but the most important thing about research is knowing where to start and who to trust.

prime example -

mad unverified but widely believed conspiracy theory #1

"i see the symbolism in MTV videos which show black and white checkerboard designs on the floor, one eye symbolism, sex and pyramids. this symbolises the artists control by the illuminati who use to summon jinn which they control to do their bidding"

the ACTUAL conspiracy which is not widely known

one guy, Sumner Rothstein, owns CBS, Viacom, MTV, BET, LOGO (Gay cable channel) paramount and movietickets.com

this homeboy:

s-SUMNER-REDSTONE-large.jpg

he funds (donates) to both sides of the political campaign, for eg he funded towards the bush campaign AND the kerry campaign, so he won either way.

in fact there are between 7 and 10 people (i wont call them jews any more than i will call taliban muslim) who own all the media outlets in the USA.

why do people focus on chessboards summoning demons, and not on the pro- israel bias which controls US media?

over time insha'Allah i will give further examples of the wacky conspiracy theory, and what the ACTUAL conspiracy is

• Veteran Member

Conspiracy theories present an alternative worldview which explains in very easy terms some very difficult processes affecting the life of a people or a society.

The societies which are undergoing a process of extreme change go through a crisis of identity as well as a crisis of prioritizing. Muslims worldwide, more or less, suffer from these problems. Hence you will find many people, especially the youth, who would succumb to any sort of retarded nonsense coming from any corner which opposes the status quo of the world and offers an alternative explanation. The fact that the leading conspiracy theorists are actually Western and have a following, albeit miniscule and insignificant, gives Muslims a free hand to believe that it must be true.

The type of conspiracy theories you are talking about are totally retarded. Even a baby would know that it is complete nonsense. There are other, rather "logical" conspiracy theories in the domain of world politics behind which Muslims hide to excuse their utter failure in contemporary history. They are not willing to own their problems but want to lump it on the head of the "outsiders". It is one of the two responses a beleaguered and backward society offers when face with failure. 1) Where did we go wrong?, or 2) Who did this to us? Sadly, Muslims have taken the latter question and attempted to answer it. In doing so, they have come out as absolutely retarded people making a mockery of themselves and their religion.

I am speaking in general terms lest someone points out differences between this or that country, that or this sect. So yeah. . .

• Forum Administrators

Conspiracy theories are not just restricted to Muslims. Here's a few non/anti-Muslim ones.

1. Saddam had WMDs

2. Iran is is developing a nuclear capability in order to attack Israel

3. Sharia courts are about to take over the West

4. OPEC sets oil prices in order to enrich Muslim countries at the expense of everyone else.

• Advanced Member

Salam, Ya Ali Madad and lanat upon the enemies of the ahlebeyt (as) guys

there are a lot of disinfo agents out there (like hashmi films) who mix truth and falsehood to come out with some funky theory, which people will get really excited about and waste days/months/ years reasearching, only to discover at the end that it was all nonsense and they should have focused their energies elsewhere.

this is a common tactic, because it effectively neutralises those who would/ could be politically active because they are too busy chasing false leads thinking they are "on to something" when in truth they are being played worse than those who know nothing.

i always hear, and always get annoyed, when i hear terms like "illuminati", "freemasons", "new world order" and so on.

over time insha'Allah i will give further examples of the wacky conspiracy theory, and what the ACTUAL conspiracy is

(bismillah)

(salam)

They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah. 8:30

One thing I grant the guys of Wake Up Project is that they "Woke up" my family... My wife and myself where glued to the episodes. Watched them one after the other...

The good thing is that after seeing them we had like a fresh new energy to rethink our robot lifestyle and changed a lot of things.

The passion got back to our hearts and must say that Imam Mahdi (as) became again the center of our life as he should be.

Sad thing however is that those fine blokes from WUP turned to misguided poor personalities. Sad for them. Pray that they get their feet back on the path...

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

Conspiracy theories are not just restricted to Muslims. Here's a few non/anti-Muslim ones.

1. Saddam had WMDs

4. OPEC sets oil prices in order to enrich Muslim countries at the expense of everyone else.

true

may i add as well that conspiracy in theory is not a myth in itself

but some are sillier than the others and some are accused of being a silly conspiracy theory , while they might not be silly or even a conspiracy and some are not theories but still they will be accused of being a conspiracy theory

so it is not really a black and white issue and definitely not a good cause to do self lashing ,muslims are people just like any others

• Advanced Member

1. Saddam had WMDs

Well with all those so called Muslims holding up banners which say 'Sharia will dominate the world', no wonder why so many naive people may believe in this conspiracy.

• Banned

^^ to be honest though, you can see why people would think those things:

1. Saddam had WMDs

of course he did - the US and europe sold them to him. who denies this?

ok theyre not, but it doesnt help their cause that there are multiple youtube videos of crowds chanting (led by ahmedinejad) "marj bar israel" and army displays showing models of missiles destroying an israeli flag. what else would people think?

exactly what you said

LOL i wish that was the case, and muslim countries were not the cesspools they currently are.

• Advanced Member

I'm not fan of conspiracy theories, either.

I don't think Zionist/Jewish controlled media is a "conspiracy" either. On the one hand, even if many people are unaware that many media outlets are in the hands of a relatively small group, and they spend money contributing to rival campaigns (this is common for all sorts of lobbies), this is easily available information and I don't know if anyone is going out of their way to try to hide it.

To touch on campaign contributions in US elections specifically, this is one of the key problems with democracy as implemented in the US (but pick any other style of government that we have in the world right now and you can criticize it on some grounds, and any solution I can come up with will have consequences too as long as there are immoral people). Politicians represent the backing of interests groups rather than their own ideologies or beliefs about what is best for the constituency. In a representative republic democracy with campaign financing as in the US, any politician who is very loyal to his ideals (other than personal ambition), whatever those ideals may be (they could be very "good" or very "bad") cannot get very far because he will be unwilling to take money from any interests groups who have interests that run counter to his or her own. Even if (s)he has no problem with the interest groups per se, (s)he may be unwilling to make budgetary concessions to said groups when it is largely inefficient, and that money could be used better elsewhere for his or her (well-intentioned or not) pet projects. Therefore, by and large, those elected into office represent the interest of corporate lobbies and other such groups. There are exceptions of course, such as celebrities or the exceptionally wealthy---they might be able to get enough votes/self-finance themselves sufficiently without relying on outside help, and therefore they need not make as many concessions---in practice though, such individuals don't necessarily make any better politicians.

As for the media, I'm not entirely convinced that they really care about politics as much as everyone thinks they do (short of domestic political issues that can save them money or reduce taxes for their shareholders and owners). The bulk of the media is commercially, rather than politically, motivated. In fact, for many, political motivation is a means to a commercial/economic end; many people could care less whether Jews live in Israel or elsewhere (including some ethnic or even religious Jews), but it's still in their interest to continue spouting pro-Zionist stuff through their media outlets because that's what people want to see/hear. They may not have anything against Muslims, but since Islamophobia is "trendy," by going on about it they can get more viewers or readers, which in turn leads to more advertisement revenue. If they thought spending 24/7 coverage showing pictures of unicorns, rainbows, and marshmallows would net them more money, they'd just do that. That is not to say that some individual journalists do not have political biases (whatever they may be), but by and large these outlets position themselves on different parts of the political spectrum not to teach people to think a certain way (other than to continue tuning in), nor to carry out some secret government agenda, but to cater to different audiences. Just like we have television channels focusing on science-fiction, while others focus on documentaries, comedies, or programming for kids (segmenting the market, each carving their own niche), we have "news" channels segmenting the market into far right, right, center, left, etc. It's all about money, not brainwashing people. But if you can brainwash them to think a certain way forever, that's a nice added bonus, because then you can keep putting out the same kind of stuff without having to reinvent new things to keep people watching your program; just like how movie studios prefer to make "safe bet" sequels, remakes, and adaptations of existing properties.

Also, I sort of doubt that individuals like say Bill O'Riley or Glenn Beck necessarily believe half the things they say, they're just entertainers. Likewise the shareholders, CEOs, and primary owners of news corporations don't care about what their subsidiaries and affiliates are saying, as long as it's not too dangerous for them in some direct way. They just give the people what they want and bring in money for themselves.

• Forum Administrators

of course he did - the US and europe sold them to him. who denies this?

One conspiracy theory at the time of the 2003 invasion (amongst others used to justify the invasion) was that in 45 minutes he could launch missiles against the UK. And as a result there are 500,000 dead Iraqis. Subsequent surveys of Iraq by the invaders showed that there was no substance to this claim.

Please don't muddy this point with juvenile debating points.

• Advanced Member

salam,

firstly brother the NWO conspiracy may seem farfetchedor whatever, but it all comes down to shaitans plans, they are being called the illuminati, freemasons etc, but they are just tools and followers of the dajjal, their one and only aim, to misguide the followers of the ahlulbayt, that is all. Most of these conspiracies are probably true, but you are right, there is no need to research on them intently, when you could be studying about the lives of the prophets of imams, i will give you a link to a lecture by Sayed Ammar Nakshawani, on this matter. http://www.sayedammar.com/MUHARRAM%202010-11/muharram2010-11i.html

(bismillah)

• Advanced Member

Alot of these truth seekers are mixing alot of truth with the false so you want know from the truth and what is false

i agree with you brother :), but the anti-dote is just add our deen in to the potion and you should be able to work out what is truth and what is false

(bismillah)

• Veteran Member

One conspiracy theory at the time of the 2003 invasion (amongst others used to justify the invasion) was that in 45 minutes he could launch missiles against the UK. And as a result there are 500,000 dead Iraqis. Subsequent surveys of Iraq by the invaders showed that there was no substance to this claim.

It was an actual conspiracy not a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories famous with some people seek to offer an alternative explanation to the already existing phenomena. It's far fetched and highly imaginative. eg; US caused the earthquake in Haiti last year. This is a conspiracy theory which cannot be proved wrong. Blair's lies, on the other hand, could be empirically proven wrong, and they were.

Another conspiracy theory is that US is waging a Crusader war against Islam in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Guest Nargela

Illuminati is just a name that was giving to them for whats really going on.. Read "The protocols of the elders of zion",, the things that are going on are for the arrival of the dajjal thought, they are diggin up the Al-Aqsa Mosque, while no one knows what this is.. they just see the dome of rock mosque.. why are they diggin up the Al-Aqsa Mosque? Where did are prophet throw all the magic books, and evil things they used? yup he buried it there.. theres alot more things that they are doing.. whoever they are..

Edited by Nargela
  • Advanced Member

Illuminati is just a name that was giving to them for whats really going on.. Read "The protocols of the elders of zion",, the things that are going on are for the arrival of the dajjal thought, they are diggin up the Al-Aqsa Mosque, while no one knows what this is.. they just see the dome of rock mosque.. why are they diggin up the Al-Aqsa Mosque? Where did are prophet throw all the magic books, and evil things they used? yup he buried it there.. theres alot more things that they are doing.. whoever they are..

some of those books have already been found by the knights templade, aka the freemasons, they just want the remaining, as yes, people are being decieved about the al-aqsa mosque and the dome of rock mosque, if you actually search them it shows you the wrong images, and that digging is sinister, inshallah theyll recieve their punishment in this life and most definately in the hereafter

(bismillah)

• Banned

heres an example of a possible conspiracy regarding the riots:

riotle1.jpg

20qxvus.jpg

looking up the reg plate online, you get these results:

The vehicle R171YNA, a Volkswagen Passat Se Tdi (4 Door Saloon), is on our database.

whaddya think?

Edited by Maula Dha Mallang

heres an example of a possible conspiracy regarding the riots:

riotle1.jpg

whaddya think?

I think they are planned riots by the elites, so that they can swoop down and 'rescue' all of us. They are clever with these preemptive deceptions. If they make the chaos and then provide the solution, they are seen as supermen. No one wants to remember that they started the whole ordeal.

They started in the Middle East, and now UK. Expect it soon in the US.

• Banned

i know it *does* happen but i lifted these images and info straight off a conspiracy theory website which isnt exactly known for being on the ball. if it is true though, its a hell of a find.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Finally someone gets me!!

I'm getting fed up with this illuminati illuminati over every stupid thing..

Over the last year, people have forgotten about israel and Zionists, and all they say is illuminati and freemasons!!

I mean ok, freemasons exist..but who are they? They want to REBUILT temple of Solomon, which means they work for israel, which means its all Zionist. Enough with all these theories, anti christ, illuminati freemasonry bullsh*t...people forgot how israel want to control from Euphrates to the Nile, and forgot that they want to put al Aksa in a rubble, and forgot that its israel that has the Mossad which is one of the strongest intelligence, in spying on people, and now people just say illuminati.

I believe it is israel making up conspiracy theories, because they believe, if from now everyone says illuminati, people will forget about the Zionists, and little by little, generation by generation, "illuminati" will be the subject rather than israel

• Advanced Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Finally someone gets me!!

I'm getting fed up with this illuminati illuminati over every stupid thing..

Over the last year, people have forgotten about israel and Zionists, and all they say is illuminati and freemasons!!

I mean ok, freemasons exist..but who are they? They want to REBUILT temple of Solomon, which means they work for israel, which means its all Zionist. Enough with all these theories, anti christ, illuminati freemasonry bullsh*t...people forgot how israel want to control from Euphrates to the Nile, and forgot that they want to put al Aksa in a rubble, and forgot that its israel that has the Mossad which is one of the strongest intelligence, in spying on people, and now people just say illuminati.

I believe it is israel making up conspiracy theories, because they believe, if from now everyone says illuminati, people will forget about the Zionists, and little by little, generation by generation, "illuminati" will be the subject rather than israel

when people say illuminati, they basically are referring directly to zionists, its like a secondry phase for them now, and antichrist *BS* (please stop swearing in such a month, let alone curse anyway brother) is the dajjal, and as many of our scholars and famous sayings go, keep your friends close, and your enemys closer, it is our duty to find out and research on how the dajjal is playing in this world, and how to stay away from his lure, and thankyou for that post Maula Dha Mallang :)!

(bismillah)

Muslims easily fall prey to it, because they believe magicians can create illusions of snakes, separate husband and wife, that blowing knots can cause for some reason evil that you should seek refuge from, with addition to invisible beings made out of fire that can move an entire throne within 12 hours.

then with the subconcious that likes to create things on it's own, they have testification of tons of people of seeing jinn, experiencing black magic, and wonderful healing from "du'as" "quran" and whole bunch of other stuff, that works sometimes but for some odd reason doesn't work all the time.

Some people read a du'a against black magic with you somehow destroying jinn by it, and they get healed, others might read it, and it get's worse. Some people subconcious might even create the wonderful help of Imam Ali and Imam Mahdi, and get healed, others might just get their subconcious being even meaner and making it worse.

With all the testification of the "healing" of du'as, quran, other methods, their is greater empirical evidence that djinn work. Ofcourse, with evil djinn, then that's a recipe for evil djinn communication, and with magic, it's just even better isn't it, you get a big consipiracy.

Now add up that freemasons do exist and try to communicate to the occult and some how have gotten in high places, you have the truth that djinn are controlling the world.

Ofcourse, these people know how to call in these inter dimensional beings and add in how the heck did they build the pyramids , and you have pretty solid evidence, of this djinn -magic- world conspiracy.

Ofcourse, people like to hear how pyramids couldn't be built by humans, instead of how it could've been, they like to hear how djinn truly commmunicate as opposed to reality of our subconcious, and like to believe in the supernatural explanation as opposed to the calm healthy skeptical rational we can't trust lest it lead us to disbelief.

Edited by MysticKnight
  • Advanced Member

, and as many of our scholars and famous sayings go, keep your friends close, and your enemys closer,

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hmmm... lately my wife was bringing up that saying too. I told her it's not an islamic saying but it comes straight from the movie Godfather part 1.

Is it really an islamic saying too? Have our Prophet (sal) or the Imams (as) used it?

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

Muslims easily fall prey to it, because they believe magicians can create illusions of snakes, separate husband and wife, that blowing knots can cause for some reason evil that you should seek refuge from, with addition to invisible beings made out of fire that can move an entire throne within 12 hours.

The throne was actually moved in the blinking of an eye rather than within 12 hours.

"Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !" 27:40

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hmmm... lately my wife was bringing up that saying too. I told her it's not an islamic saying but it comes straight from the movie Godfather part 1.

Is it really an islamic saying too? Have our Prophet (sal) or the Imams (as) used it?

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

The throne was actually moved in the blinking of an eye rather than within 12 hours.

"Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !" 27:40

(wasalam)

It's actually from The Godfather Part II. Misattributions to both Sun Tzu and Nicollo Machiavelli exist, but no published source predates that film (to my knowledge).

Edited by Al-Asr

The person with knowledge of the book is taken to be a super knowledgeable believer, and at that a human, while the Afrit that offered to bring before he rises from his throne, it was said Sulaiman would stay on his chair through out the day, so that is why said less then 12 hours.

• Banned

check this out

http://nathanieltapley.com/2011/08/10/an-open-letter-to-david-camerons-parents/

fantastic find :D turns out the PM was part of a mob who used to vandalise public property and nick clegg was done for arson at 14 for burning down two greenhouses!

if this is our "leaders" is there any suprise the country is like this?

...Are they really surprised that this country’s culture is swamped in greed, in the acquisition of material things, in a lust for consumer goods of the most base kind? Really?

Let’s have a think back: cash-for-questions; Bernie Ecclestone; cash-for-access; Mandelson’s mortgage; the Hinduja passports; Blunkett’s alleged insider trading (and, by the way, when someone has had to resign in disgrace twice can we stop having them on television as a commentator, please?); the meetings on the yachts of oligarchs; the drafting of the Digital Economy Act with Lucian Grange; Byers’, Hewitt’s & Hoon’s desperation to prostitute themselves and their positions; the fact that Andrew Lansley (in charge of NHS reforms) has a wife who gives lobbying advice to the very companies hoping to benefit from the NHS reforms. And that list didn’t even take me very long to think of.

Our politicians are for sale and they do not care who knows it.

Oh yes, and then there’s the expenses thing. Widescale abuse of the very systems they designed, almost all of them grasping what they could while they remained MPs, to build their nest egg for the future at the public’s expense. They even now whine on Twitter about having their expenses claims for getting back to Parliament while much of the country is on fire subject to any examination. True public servants.

The last few days have revealed some truths, and some heartening truths. The fact that the #riotcleanup crews had organised themselves before David Cameron even made time for a public statement is heartening. The fact that local communities came together to keep their neighbourhoods safe when the police failed is heartening. The fact that there were peace vigils being organised (even as the police tried to dissuade people) is heartening.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

i think from islam it wasnt the exact saying, it had the same meaning, like know your deen, but also know shaitans planning, or along those lines :)

(bismillah)