Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Do You Research On Shia-sunni Issues

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

i see a lot of discussions between shia and sunnis which have to do with Shia-Sunni issues, i would like to know how you research what you say rather than what you heared or read on an shia-sunni websites.

i will show my process and maybe you can let me know yours.

1. find the subject on a shia site like alkafi.net or others

2. see how sunnis or wahabis respond

3. check if there are any shia rebutals and any wahabi rebutals

4. keep the information and search through my digital library to make sure what they are saying is somewhat true or not out of context

5. write down what i know then search and see is there anything else i can add to the argument

6. think about it make a folwchart maybe

7. find the physical books to make sure what i read was correct.

8. claim the argument

thats my process it may seem to take long but it really doesnt only a week or so and its safer (in terms of Allah (AW) questioning you) then just copying what others say straight away. allhamdullilah im lucky concerning number 7 becuase i can usually find the books i need.

i want to know what your process is.

ws wr wb

• Basic Members

In writing a recent paper, I have had quite a hard time finding unbiased and neutral accounts of Islamic history. Many otherwise neutral sources, including Ency. Britannica, seem to be heavily influenced by Sunni thoughts on the matter. So I too have had a time- eventually I just employed an adversarial method taking the undisputed facts and then attempting to weight both sides of the disputed facts.

• Advanced Member

sallamun alaykum

can you show me how you get your information and in what way also what precausions are made to find the truth of a matter or the closest thing to a truth.

to understand islamic history i find english books are not as reliable as arabic books..

ws wr wb