Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Research Tools/sites Used By You.

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

I am really impressed by some of the users here. LIke we have macissac, Basim-Ali, Zareen, Qa'im, Dar'ul, Nadar and others moderators who are always ready and willing to guide users here. The question i have in mind is that many users do not have big libraries for this purpose and most of them they depend on online libraries and sites for research work. I want to know the research tools used by the users here so that, we also become able to read and increase our knowledge and share our knowledge with others. I am not good in Rijal. May be because i do not see any books in english on rijal. If i find most of them contain information about maximum ten persons which can not serve the purpose.

Thanks in advance.

• Site Administrators

Salams

The following website is one of my favourites as it has a very large collection of Islamic books (mostly Urdu), both ancient and recent, shia and non-shia. There are books on beliefs, history, comparative religion, logic, majalis, medicine, personalities, philosophy, poetry, spirituality, tasawwuf, morals and more.

http://www.ziyaraat.net/findbook.asp

Fi-Amanillah

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Ditto. Although, Mac isn't a fan of .exe and .bok books, I have tons of them on my computer. Usually the best way to find the book is type the title of the book and the author's name in arabic, then go to google, usually the first page of links will give you the book online or the .exe / .bok of the book. Here is an example (عيون أخبار الرضا الصدوق), paste this into Google, and you'll see the links to either download the book or read it online.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

while digital resources can never take over verifiable physical books these are what i use in my research until i can get my hands on the physical source (becuase you can never be certain with digital content):

http://www.shialectures.net/Shamela_Library_unofficial_Version_2010_-_Over_15000_Islamic_Books.rar Best digital islamic library

http://www.alkafi.net/ - one of the best perhaps even the best resource for research on shia-sunni discussions

http://www.room-alghadeer.com/vb/ best audio debates i have found

http://www.4shared.com/dir/gN4WIyTi/___.html Tresure trove of books related to Shia-Sunni issues by one Great writer and Debator Al-Quds

of course i use google alot to search for waehatever i need.

inshallah this was helpful

ws wr wb

• Veteran Member

Are there some rijal books in English where the reporters are graded Saqa or weak or majhool both by Shia and Sunni scholars. Like if i want to know about let us say "Yahya bin Abduilah" is a person and i just put the name in a place and find out what Shia and Sunni scholars say about him and the difference among scholars about him.

I am looking for any such site.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Are there some rijal books in English where the reporters are graded Saqa or weak or majhool both by Shia and Sunni scholars. Like if i want to know about let us say "Yahya bin Abduilah" is a person and i just put the name in a place and find out what Shia and Sunni scholars say about him and the difference among scholars about him.

This is not found in English. There is one book in Arabic that I know of, I am not a fan of that book. Also, there are probably 100+ Yahya bin `Abd Allaah in the history of Islaam from both the Sunni and Shee`ah side, so you'll need to find some more about this Yahya bin `Abd Allaah, for example Yahya bin `Abd Allaah bin `Alee bin Hussayn al-Thaqafee. That is how you'll get to find the exact person you are looking for. Also from whom does that Yahya bin `Abd Allaah narrates from and who he narrates to.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

there is no english book on rijal for shia or sunni alone as far as i know let alone a shia and sunni book on rijal; in english.

there is however a shia website which was shown to me by someone where they mention shia narrators and mention their grading but i dont remember it now perhaps one of the brothers or sisters in the forum can help you.

ws wr wb

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

there is no english book on rijal for shia or sunni alone as far as i know let alone a shia and sunni book on rijal; in english.

there is however a shia website which was shown to me by someone where they mention shia narrators and mention their grading but i dont remember it now perhaps one of the brothers or sisters in the forum can help you.ws wr wb

Well the Sunnis have a few books of rijaal in english. One of them are: http://www.bogvaerker.dk/wordpress/?p=636 (narrators of Maalik's Muwatta). Also there is ONE science of hadeeth book for Shee`ah in english. While the sunnis have 10+.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Site Administrators

Will be happy to upload Maktabatul Shamila for you if you like. It's a 4DVD set (got it from Thaqalayn Bookshop next to Sitna Zainab (as) last year) and has about 5000+ books including Shia, Sunni and even Zaidis. It's mostly arabic but there's farsi as well. The base app can be used to open bok files too as more are released, all searchable. There's heaps of pdf's too. If your arabic is really weak though, it won't be worth uploading it.

post-39-0-73552100-1312206489_thumb.png

post-39-0-11981800-1312206500_thumb.png

post-39-0-75473400-1312206511_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

Will be happy to upload Maktabatul Shamila for you if you like. It's a 4DVD set (got it from Thaqalayn Bookshop next to Sitna Zainab last year) and has about 5000+ books including Shia, Sunni and even Zaidis. It's mostly arabic but there's farsi as well. The base app can be used to open bok files too as more are released, all searchable. There's heaps of pdf's too. If your arabic is really weak though, it won't be worth uploading it.

bro its the same one thats uploaded on shialectures over 15000 books.

ws wr wb

Sallamun Alaykum

Well the Sunnis have a few books of rijaal in english. One of them are: http://www.bogvaerke...ordpress/?p=636 (narrators of Maalik's Muwatta). Also there is ONE science of hadeeth book for Shee`ah in english. While the sunnis have 10+.

yeh were behind in this regard :(

btw no book of jarh and ta'dil has been translated as far as i know.

ws wr wb

Edited by mo87_11014