Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
habib e najjaar

Share Your Shahr Ramadhan Recipes!

Rate this topic

take an empty utensil

put some water in it

put 2 eggs in them(do not break them)

light the gas and let them boilfor 10mins

TADA!!!!!!!!!!!! boil eggs are ready :D

Fruit Chaat

Ingredients:
4 bananas
3 guavas
2 apples
2 peaches
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
Sugar to taste

Method:
1.Cut all the fruit into bite sized pieces. While cutting the guavas, deseed and then cut.
2.Add lemon juice and orange juice. If fresh orange juice is not available, packet one can be used.
3.Put in salt, black pepper and Sugar. Adjust the seasonings as you want. Mix well.
4.Chill for 30 minutes and then serve.

** Other fruits of personal liking can also be added, or those that are available.

DSC01964.JPG

Chicken and Potato toast
Ingred:
1/2 cup chicken
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/4 cup grated carrots
3 Tbsp of finely chopped green coriander and mint
salt and black pepper
few drops of lemon juice
1 Tbsp Butter
Bread Slices

Method:
1.Mix everything together, adjust the seasonings
2.Cut the bread slices into triangles
3.Spread the mixture on the slices, make it 1/2inch thick
4.Bake in the oven till it turns golden brown(it could also be fried, but would be more oily)

Edit for Chicken and Potato toast recipe: i forgot to tell that it should be coated in either egg or gram flour paste on the top so that the potatoes fry nicely and dont separate.

(salam)

I had grilled cheese sandwich for Suhoor.

grilledcheese.jpg

They are easy to make. You can see this recipe here http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/grilled-cheese-sandwich/detail.aspx

I didn’t use the above method. The easier way is to use a counter-top oven and bake bread-slices for a few minutes. You can put olives and even leftover meat. Enjoy! :)

For Aftari...Samosas

Samosas:

For dough:

Ingred:

1 1/2 cup flour

2 Tbsp oil

1 tsp ajwain(carom seeds)

Water as needed

salt to taste

Method:

1.Mix together flour, salt and carom seeds

2.Add in the oil and mix together

3.When the oil is incorporated into the flour, slowly add in water to make the dough. Keep on kneading to get a smooth consistency dough.

4.Let is rest for 20-30 minutes.

5. Divide the dough and make golf ball size dough balls. Roll them out into a circular shape.

5.Cut the circle in half and with a finger spread little water on the edges so that they can stick.

6.Roll the semi circle into a cone, and fill with potato mixture. Now seal the open edge.

7.Once all the samosas are made, fry them on medium high heat. Don't make the heat too high as it will burn the samosa or too low as the samosas will absorb too much oil.

For potato mixture:

Ingred:

2 boiled and mashed potatoes

red chili powder to taste

salt to taste

1/4 tsp turmeric

1 tsp cumin seeds

1 Tbsp lemon juice

2 tsp finely chopped green chilies

2 tsp finely chopped green coriander

Method:

1. Add everything to the potato mixture and mix well to combine.

DSC01182.JPGDSC01184.JPG

Edited by -SeeKeR-

Salaam alekom,

Mashallah I really like your recipe! I've always had problems getting the dough right for samosas and they always come out a random shape, i havent tried oil in the mixture before might be where im going wrong. I wanted to ask what sort of flour do you use? And should the filling be small amount?

Salams,

I always try and focus on protein for suhoor. I cant face eggs that early in the morning, so i usually try and have something made with oats. A few days ago i found this recipe for pancakes made with oats: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-banana-pancakes-high-in-protein-gluten-free/

Its great! i did them on a very low heat as my pan isnt non-stick and waited till the top started bubbling, counted to 15 and then flipped them. They had a nice texture and the banana came through, although next time i'd probably put a whole medium banana in it; You could also add chopped nuts or a nut butter for extra protein. They can be made before you go to bed and eaten cold or heated up - enjoy!

I'm pasting the recipe for those too lathargic to handle 2 windows open at once:

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
  • 1/4 cup fat free (or low-fat) cottage cheese
  • 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Optional add-ins:
  • Fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
  2. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add desired toppings such as chocolate chips or blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes.

Chop up guavas, bananas and apples, add salt, pepper, little bit of orange juice, sugar and pomegranate seeds.  Mix it all up and enjoy, its heavenly.

Fruit Chaat is really just so good!

Damn, I should have read up, a couple of people already mentioned it!

DSC01963-1.JPG

It must be said that the 2 key ingredients without which no fruit chaat is complete are guavas and bananas.

Edited by King

^okay THIS is why I don't eat fruit chaat. I hate bananas. In fruit chaat they get all mushy and then everything tastes like banana. I begged my mom once to make it without banana and she said, "Kayle ke baghair fruit chaat banaa hi nahi saktey!" :dry:

Chop up guavas, bananas and apples, add salt, pepper, little bit of orange juice, sugar and pomegranate seeds.  Mix it all up and enjoy, its heavenly.

Damn, I should have read up, a couple of people already mentioned it!

It must be said that the 2 key ingredients without which no fruit chaat is complete are guavas and bananas.

?????? Salt and pepper in a fruit salad???????

Salams,

I always try and focus on protein for suhoor. I cant face eggs that early in the morning, so i usually try and have something made with oats. A few days ago i found this recipe for pancakes made with oats: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-banana-pancakes-high-in-protein-gluten-free/

Its great! i did them on a very low heat as my pan isnt non-stick and waited till the top started bubbling, counted to 15 and then flipped them. They had a nice texture and the banana came through, although next time i'd probably put a whole medium banana in it; You could also add chopped nuts or a nut butter for extra protein. They can be made before you go to bed and eaten cold or heated up - enjoy!

I'm pasting the recipe for those too lathargic to handle 2 windows open at once:

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
  • 1/4 cup fat free (or low-fat) cottage cheese
  • 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Optional add-ins:
  • Fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
  2. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add desired toppings such as chocolate chips or blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes.

A little tip for anyone finding that their first couple of pancakes are not setting well and breaking up in the pan: leave the batter to rest for 20 mins or more and it will thicken up and set better.

I made pineapple ones today! yumyumyum!