Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pictures Of Various 'Ulamaa [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering today marks the first anniversary of his death, I wanted to post some photographs of Shaykh Muhammad Ali Al Amri ÑÍãå Çááøå. He was the spiritual leader of the Shia of Madinah as well as t

Sayed Sistani, at home it looks like:

Shaheed Beheshti (ra) sleeping: Shaheed Beheshti (ra) leading prayers: Shaheed Beheshti (ra) shaking hands with loyal supporters: Shaheed Beheshti (ra) smiling like a boss: Shaheed Beheshti (ra) w

Posted Images

• Unregistered

(bismillah)

Apparently, this is supposed to a drawing done by Sheikh Al-Baha'i (ra), one of our great scholars.

Sheik_bahayi.jpg

I am not exactly sure who the two Sheikhs in the drawing are supposed to be. Allah (swt) knows best.

(wasalam)

Edited by Crescent
  • Veteran Member

My friend in school got the surname "Taleghani", and he is a sayeed. Is Ayatullah Taleghani his grandfather?

Wa salam

Most probably not. Most of the scholars get their names from the place they come from. So, for example, all the Ayatollah Shirazis you know are not all related (yes, a lot of them do come from the same family but not all). The Shirazi just means they come from the area of Iran called Shiraz. So, I am guessing your friend come from Taleghan (if that's an area in Iran)? Hence, no relationship to the Ayatollah, except having origins from the same place.

• Advanced Member

Most probably not. Most of the scholars get their names from the place they come from. So, for example, all the Ayatollah Shirazis you know are not all related (yes, a lot of them do come from the same family but not all). The Shirazi just means they come from the area of Iran called Shiraz. So, I am guessing your friend come from Taleghan (if that's an area in Iran)? Hence, no relationship to the Ayatollah, except having origins from the same place.

correct. taleghan is the name of a city in taleghan county in Alborz province in Iran. :)

• Unregistered

(bismillah)

This here, is Shaikh Muhammed Hassan Al-Najafi (ra) . He is famous for writing a very detailed book on fiqh, Jawahir Al-Kalam, which is around 50 volumes long. Here is a short biography on him: http://www.imamreza....eza.php?id=6934

4474.jpg

Edited by Crescent
  • Advanced Member

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته

http://oi50.tinypic.com/20pc0u8.jpg picture of Ayatullah Hajji Mirza Mahdi Aqa Pooya [ra] (sorry the file size was too large to upload directly from my computer to SC, and sorry I scanned it from a book so his face is a bit cut off).

و السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بكته

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Al-Sayyed Al-Shahid Alqa2id al-muqawama al-islamiyya ayatollah al-udhma Muhammad Muhammad Sadeq Al-Sadr (qas) referring to Imam al-qa2id al-thawra al-islamiyya Sayyed Ali al-Khamenei (Salawat Allah Alayh) as "Imam kul al-bashar"

sayyedshahid2.jpg

:blink: ....

"al-Imam al-Ma`sum Na'ib al-A'imma al-Ma`sumeen Hujjatullah... salawatullah `alayhi"???

Wow... and you guys wonder why I'd say it's like you're making a new sect.

Well said

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Veteran Member

I don't who this sayed is, there is an arabic text, I hope anyone can translate.

1479228_693308224015386_118074340_n.jpg

صورة المرجع المرحوم السيد عبد الحسين شرف الدين رحمه الله وهو يؤم المصلين في موسم الحج سنة 1340 هجرية في مكة المكرمة..

صورة المرجع المرحوم السيد عبد الحسين شرف الدين رحمه الله وهو يؤم المصلين في موسم الحج سنة 1340 هجرية في مكة المكرمة..

Bismillah

Picture of the deceased Marj`a, Sayyid `Abd al-Husayn Sharaf al-Din (ra) leading the prayers during the Hajj season in the year 1340 H in Makkah al-Mukarramah

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم

A rare picture of Ayatullah Al-Syed Ali Akbar Al-Khoei (1371 h), father of Ayatullah Al-Syed Abul-Qasim Al-Khoei.

صورة نادرة لأية الله السيد علي أكبر الخوئي (١٣٧١ هـ)، والد أية الله السيد أبو القاسم الخوئي

1549537_600031070075300_1138304116_n.jpg

والسلام

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...