Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Satanic Verses Incident

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

a question to my sunni and salafii brothers.

i was watching the new documentry on the holy prophet (as) which was made by bbc and was wondering what are your views regarding the satanic verses. do you beleive the incident occured or not?

ws wr wb

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

a question to my sunni and salafii brothers.

i was watching the new documentry on the holy prophet (as) which was made by bbc and was wondering what are your views regarding the satanic verses. do you beleive the incident occured or not?

ws wr wb

Which incident are you talking about??? Not everybody watched the documentary.

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

well what happened was that the prophet is some sunni traditions is accused of being given verses which were not by Allah (AW) but by satan then the holy prophet (PBUP) is informed of this some say he was 'bewitched' for many months now in the documentry the presenter admitted this was what is said to have happened however he doesnt seem to say this is not true or weak as i remember and knowing how sunnis had influenced this series i was wondering if they beleive this thing took place in reality or not. i have heared that ibn taymyya beleived it took place and i see wahabis defending this beleif on paltalk however i have not verified if ibn taymmiah did say this or not therefore i do not accuse him of this but what i want to know if any sunnis or salafis beleive this event actually took place.

ws wr wb

Edited by mo87_11014
  • Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

well what happened was that the prophet is some sunni traditions is accused of being given verses which were not by Allah (AW) but by satan then the holy prophet (PBUP) is informed of this some say he was 'bewitched' for many months now in the documentry the presenter admitted this was what is said to have happened however he doesnt seem to say this is not true or weak as i remember and knowing how sunnis had influenced this series i was wondering if they beleive this thing took place in reality or not. i have heared that ibn taymyya beleived it took place and i see wahabis defending this beleif on paltalk however i have not verified if ibn taymmiah did say this or not therefore i do not accuse him of this but what i want to know if any sunnis or salafis beleive this event actually took place.

ws wr wb

Wa-Alaikumus-Salaam. Lets disregard all sects and look at the whole situation through sense and logic keeping reality and facts in mind. First of all it does not matter which sect you belong to this is absolutely clear that Islamic history and the Prophet's [pbuh] Sunnah has been tampered with due to religious and political differences between the Muslims after the Prophet [pbuh]. Things related to Islamic history and the Prophet's [pbuh] Sunnah [verbal or practical] could be true/false, right/wrong, fabricated/exagurated, strong/weak [due to dispute regarding the authenticity of the narrators] and so on. Secondly when the Prophet [pbuh] declared himself as Messenger and continued with his mission people opposed him and did there best to stop him or make him unsuccessful regarding his mission. The people opposed him as Mushriks and Kafirs. This struggle went on for along time and many battles were fought during this struggle. The Prophet [pbuh], Islam and his Muslims were put through hardship and loss but the Islamic mission couldn't be stopped. Finally the Prophet [pbuh] and the Muslims took over Mecca and gained control. This is where the people who opposed took on a new strategy. What they couldn't do and failed as Mushriks and Kafirs they decided to do as Muslims and hypocrites. These were the people who accepted Islam during the taking of Mecca. They kept a low profile while the Prophet [pbuh] was alive but went full scale after his death. It's these people who spread various thoughts and ideas about the Prophet [pbuh] and his Shariath and Sunnath. Alot of money, time and effort was put into this work and it is because of this that Muslims differ today both politically and religiously. If you look at todays generation and try to explain to them that this is what the intention was of your forefathers, who fought the Prophet [pbuh] and Muslims as Mushriks and Kafirs and then during the taking of Mecca [Fatah-e-Macca] became Muslims and hypocrites and then took on a different agenda, they are not going to believe it nevermind about accepting it. This is why we have so much about the Prophet [pbuh]. After all he wasn't just liked but also disliked and wasn't just accepted but also rejected. Thirdly lets move on to the main subject. I would like to make a couple of points: 1, The Prophet [pbuh] was accused of being given verses by Satan?? Ok! For those who believe this which verses are they??? 2, Some say that the Prophet [pbuh] was bewitched. Ok! Muslims believe that there have been 124,000 Messengers. How many others have been bewitched or cast a spell on???? If the greatest/leader of all Messengers was bewitched then what about the rest who were below him in status??? 3, Those people who believe that the Prophet [pbuh] has been bewitched but they do not believe that the Quran has been or can be altered or tampered with. WHY????? Because Allah has taken resposibility to protect and defend the Quran. These people use the Ayath, Surely we have revealed this book therefore we will surely protect it. STRANGE!!! Allah has taken responsibility to protect the Quran but not the Prophet [pbuh]????? Wakee wakee!!! 4, Allah has said to mankind regarding the Prophet [pbuh] "Wama-Arsalnaka-illa-Rahmatalil-Aalameen", We have sent nothing towards you but blessing for both worlds. Blessing was bewitched???? Rise and shine!!! 5, If the Prophet [pbuh] was bewitched then where do Ayaath Mubahila and Tatheer go???? To keep Rijs away from you and to keep you purified. Wassalaam for now. We shall talk more.

• Advanced Member

sallamun alaykum

i agree with u bro its a simple point if u beleuve he was bewitched then you cannot know when he was bewitched and when he wasnt for certain therefore the whole religion is comprimised.

but i want to know what sunnis and wahabis beleive. a reliable brother told me ibn taymyyah did actually beleive this but i need to verify.

ws wr wb

• Basic Members
There are numerous accounts reporting the incident, which differ in the construction and detail of the narrative, but they may be broadly collated to produce a basic account.[1] The different versions of the story are all tracable to one single narrator Muhammad b. Ka'b, who was two generations removed from biographer Ibn Ishaq. In its essential form, the story reports that Muhammad longed to convert his kinsmen and neighbors of Mecca to Islam. As he was reciting Sūra an-Najm,[2] considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following lines after verses 19 and 20:

Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá

and Manāt, the third, the other?

These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans. Discerning the meaning of "gharāniq" is difficult as it is an hapax legomenon. Commentators wrote that it meant the cranes. The Arabic word does generally mean a "crane" - appearing in the singular as ghirnīq, ghurnūq, ghirnawq and ghurnayq, and the word has cousin forms in other words for birds, including "raven, crow" and "eagle"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

This supposed addition looks weak.

• Advanced Member

sallamun alaykum

i think some people misundestoor what i was talking about there are two events, the first is that issue of the satanic verses and the second was that he was bewitched as i understand they are related perhaps i may be incorrect.

whether these are related or not they pose the same problem in that he said things that he did not mean now my question is do sunnis or wahabis on this forum beleive in this or not?

ws wr wb

• Advanced Member

sallamun alaykum

Secondly, ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT let's actually say that this whole incident is true and actually happened. This in no way disproves the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him). It actually does nothing but convince me even more that he truly was a Prophet from God! The funny thing is that if the Quran was truly authored by Satan as many critics claim then why on earth would Satan abrogate the 'satanic revelations' of Surah 53 and then expose himself? If the Quran is truly inspired by Satan then Satan should have just let people believe in that Satanic revelation. If the Quran is truly authored by Satan then why would Satan only bother to expose himself on that specific verse? The truth of the matter is that this is absolute nonsense. If we want to accept the story we could only accept this conclusion:

Satan deceived the Prophet (peace be upon him) for those few seconds by whispering those verses into him and tricking him into saying it. However later on God protected His Prophet (peace be upon him) and rebuked Satan and exposed Satan's failure in his attempt to bring people into idol worship. This could only show that the author of the Quran truly is God and no one else!

Of course, I reject the story. However, if people want to be stubborn and keep shoving it down my throat then fine. It does nothing more than prove to me that the Quran is indeed a revelation of God by exposing the plots of Satan!

The same arguments above apply even if the Islamic critic takes the position that it was Muhammad (peace be upon him) himself who was the author of the Qur'an and not Satan.

he shouldnt have said this since it shows the authors lack of wisdom. if for the sake of argument was true it would show that the prophet cannot be trusted in what he relates. it is possible (and im not accusing hthe author of this just saying its possible) in order to defend other occasions in which the prophet is said to have been bewitched he uses this argument. i say this becuase this is what i have heared wahabis argue, that if the prophet is bewitched it shows that his human and in doing so proves how he is a a prophet becuase he says he is only a human in the holy quran and so on.

ws wr wb

P.S. i just noticed your name is the same as the authors. are u the author or a fan?

• Advanced Member

sallamun alaykum

he shouldnt have said this since it shows the authors lack of wisdom. if for the sake of argument was true it would show that the prophet cannot be trusted in what he relates. it is possible (and im not accusing hthe author of this just saying its possible) in order to defend other occasions in which the prophet is said to have been bewitched he uses this argument. i say this becuase this is what i have heared wahabis argue, that if the prophet is bewitched it shows that his human and in doing so proves how he is a a prophet becuase he says he is only a human in the holy quran and so on.

ws wr wb

P.S. i just noticed your name is the same as the authors. are u the author or a fan?

he is indeed the author.

• Basic Members

sallamun alaykum

ws wr wb

Salam akhi,

You said:

if for the sake of argument was true it would show that the prophet cannot be trusted in what he relates.

But you didn't provide any reasons why my logic was false when I said...

The funny thing is that if the Quran was truly authored by Satan as many critics claim then why on earth would Satan abrogate the 'satanic revelations' of Surah 53 and then expose himself? If the Quran is truly inspired by Satan then Satan should have just let people believe in that Satanic revelation. If the Quran is truly authored by Satan then why would Satan only bother to expose himself on that specific verse? The truth of the matter is that this is absolute nonsense. If we want to accept the story we could only accept this conclusion:

Satan deceived the Prophet (peace be upon him) for those few seconds by whispering those verses into him and tricking him into saying it. However later on God protected His Prophet (peace be upon him) and rebuked Satan and exposed Satan's failure in his attempt to bring people into idol worship. This could only show that the author of the Quran truly is God and no one else!

On the contrary akhi, this boosts up our confidence, since this shows that the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have been honest to admit anything and these are the kinds of people that you trust. Also, we could take Surah 22, 52 and apply this to the situation and show that Allah eventually protects His prophets from Satan's plots.

Now let me reiterate........ I don't believe the story is true. However, only for the sake of argument alone (in order to further eliminate the arguments of the kuffar) let's say the story is true...... well this does not call into question Muhammad peace be upon him's Prophethood.

That's the only point I am trying to make.

Edited by Bassam Zawadi
  • Banned

if shaytaan wrote the quran - why would there be so many painstaking steps to fight him, such as giving to charity, inheritance, fasting, khums, jihad al nafs, ayat tatheer etc etc etc.......?

if the prophet was bewitched - why did he do so much good in the world, such as the peace delegations as far as ethiopia and the roman empire, ending the wars between the arabic tribes, set the seeds for the end of slavery, establish the rights of orphans, widows and the needy, establish peace treaties and so on?

• Basic Members
if shaytaan wrote the quran

He didn't! Whoever said that?????!!!!!!!!!

if the prophet was bewitched - why did he do so much good in the world, such as the peace delegations as far as ethiopia and the roman empire, ending the wars between the arabic tribes, set the seeds for the end of slavery, establish the rights of orphans, widows and the needy, establish peace treaties and so on?

It's not like the Prophet was bewitched 24 hours a day. He could have gone through the trial of bewitchment and then overcame it with Allah's help. I mean that doesn't contradict doing "so much good in the world, such as the peace delegations as far as ethiopia and the roman empire, ending the wars between the arabic tribes, set the seeds for the end of slavery, establish the rights of orphans, widows and the needy, establish peace treaties and so on".

Edited by Bassam Zawadi
  • Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

But you didn't provide any reasons why my logic was false when I said...

The funny thing is that if the Quran was truly authored by Satan as many critics claim then why on earth would Satan abrogate the 'satanic revelations' of Surah 53 and then expose himself? If the Quran is truly inspired by Satan then Satan should have just let people believe in that Satanic revelation. If the Quran is truly authored by Satan then why would Satan only bother to expose himself on that specific verse? The truth of the matter is that this is absolute nonsense. If we want to accept the story we could only accept this conclusion:

On the contrary akhi, this boosts up our confidence, since this shows that the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have been honest to admit anything and these are the kinds of people that you trust. Also, we could take Surah 22, 52 and apply this to the situation and show that Allah eventually protects His prophets from Satan's plots.

bro i did respond however it seems i need to explain further brother who said satan gave the prophet this massege the prophet, who said he was mistakingly taking the same message from satan the prophet who said satan left the massege of the prophet the prophet. in all circumstances the prophet is the one that says what he says now how can we trust such a person when clearly he doesnt know when Allah (AW) gives him the message and when satan does? furthermore who is to say satan didnt plan this all along? in order to trick us he made himse;f seem like god and misguided the people.

i use the same argument concerning his bewitchment who says he was bewitched the prophet who says he isnt bewitched the prophet so how do we know when his really bewitched and when he isnt?.

the flaw in your logic is that when it is proven that the prophet cant diffrantiate between satans words and gods you assume his whole message is from God becuase the person who cant diffrantiate between gods words and the devils is saying that god gave him a message that the message isnt from him.

inshallah you get were the flaw is

ws wr wb

Edited by mo87_11014