Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should We Stop Thinking, And Start Believing?

Rate this topic

In Gods Name

I am starting to doubt that we are able to accomplish anything since we think so much.

I have come to realize, to the extent that realization is truth.

That we are under control of magician and their servants ... I say we, and probably it is me, just me.

I need help from God. They are hurting me very much. I need to be spared.

Should I get friends, that i never recieved good?

Should I leave my family, that i never really had good?

Should I get a wife, that I never had?

Should I pray to God, that i never had the energy to pray to?

Should I stop caliming that I am a servant, when my heart suggests otherwise?

I don't want to hurt anymore. And I don't want anyone but Allah to stop this hurt.

I am afraid of committing polyteism. I am not only a monoteist, but a muslim (believer).

I love God and his creation. If I don't then I am guilty for standing up against him. His creation are just following his command. Allah is the master of the worlds. It is just that some worlds we can't enter, and some are meant for us. But we cant stand up against him and not accept that the other worlds are ... not possible to enter for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

You cannot reach complete realization of Allah if you are not willing to think. How can your belief in Allah strengthen without pondering upon sayings of the Prophet and his followers. If you just take time to look around and think about the blessings that Allah has given to his humanity, then your belief will strengthen and the shades of doubt will be removed from your heart.

Prophet (Saww) said: An hour of thinking is better than sixty years of praying. (Nahj al fasahah, Pg. 29)

The Prophet (‘s) used to always love to be optimistic and to hate pessimism (Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 92, p. 2).

You are right, I was wrong.

I was thinking a little as ...

[102.1] Abundance diverts you,

[102.2] Until you come to the graves.

[102.3] Nay! you shall soon know,

[102.4] Nay! Nay! you shall soon know.

[102.5] Nay! if you had known with a certain knowledge,

[102.6] You should most certainly have seen the hell;

[102.7] Then you shall most certainly see it with the eye of certainty;

[102.8] Then on that day you shall most certainly be questioned about the boons.

I am thinking maybe we should just stop thinking too much and enjoy this life.

The complain is about he who is extravagant, not who enjoys life.

Knowledge is good, but there are some knowledges that you just do not want.

If you did get these knowledges you would regret getting them.

There are knowledges like that.

It is requires a level of intelligence to uphold your emotions. It is your emotion that are important.

And it is your heart that is Allahs measure for your reward.

Besides, i think that knowledge that can make a foundation for emotions. It can also be the foundation to evil that fills the spot of emotion its absence.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

my friend if you stop thinking and only believe than you would become like a robot. Allah sent us on earth with free will to test us .you will come across both knowledge which is good and evil. it is up to you to decide which is good. Allah made us to think, as there are plenty of angels who obey and believe.

sajjad

• Advanced Member

salamalikum mustafa,

hope u doin fine....

our master imam ali as says that "an ignorant either goes too fast or too slow".....

i think ur intellect is quiet strong to understand the message that ur spiritual father(imam ali) is giving u.......

so choose the middle path do not stress ur self too much....may Allah swt who is the master of both the worlds guide us all.....

take care and peace out

Bismillah

You are not created to think, and you are thinking to be created is wrong.

Allah gives you the ability to not think.

Thinking is only for balancing the negatives habits.

You can really not think, if you have no negative habits.

If you decide upon taking brain activity for your God, then you will succeed as long as there are evils in this world.

But why do you want evil? Why do you want thinking? And that is wrong. For Allah is as we all of course know, not our brain. Not knowledge. He is not inexistent and it is just something that we don't speak of.

We do have to in the end to think in order to counter negative habits.

Peace

Bismillah

salamalikum mustafa,

hope u doin fine....

our master imam ali as says that "an ignorant either goes too fast or too slow".....

i think ur intellect is quiet strong to understand the message that ur spiritual father(imam ali) is giving u.......

so choose the middle path do not stress ur self too much....may Allah swt who is the master of both the worlds guide us all.....

take care and peace out

It is sorry that i did not see your post.

It happens sometimes.

I want to thank you for this quote.

It would certainly be arrogant of me to accept your compliment.

But since when has the brain activity actually been forbidden when in great speeds (and i am just wondering).

Also. I see that others here are more popular than me (it feels irritating), how about them decreasing their brain actvity?

This gets me to one of my points. Generosity and kindness. It comes before brain activity. The only reason one seeks knowledge is to give it to others (as soon as fear of ignorance has been annihilated) who needs it. One is actually better served with not seeking unrequired knowledge (as the Quranic verse above states).

If you have too much water, give away for you cannot drink it all. But maybe we should not give it because that might not be generosity. Is it not better to teach a person to get his own water than having to fill his cup for him (all the time)?

We could as my teacher(s) says, leave the thinking for the philosophers.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

"should we stop thinking and start believing" is a really good and philosophical question. Of course one cannot be one without the other (at least thats how I see it). I think that the best believers are thinkers and if you are struggling with this you should keep in mind that everyone does at some point in their lives but thinking in the right direction will get you to believe. Hope it makes sense.

Hello only1 :)

Um...

You said it; "you cannot be one without the other".

But I tell you: "you cannot be one with the other".

It is a philosophical thing. I heave learnt from the Buddhists that I should give up looking for answers as a tool. By the words of my teacher then our body/brain is a tool and we control it and not it who controls us. Imagine if we could leave thinking aside and consentrate about enjoying this life (and becoming more emotional). You might predict a future where you are alone and you have no tool as a human specie. But there is another future to predict which is small and dlightful, although very hard to get, that is to stop thinking and not only that but also start believing. ... It is the ultimate expression of faith that we leave thinking aside and trust God to regulate our affairs, and give up our thinking. I know it is difficult. ... All our nations problems stems from thinking too much. The best of the believer are maybe the thinker and you can denote them as survivors. Do you know where the rest of the potential thinkiers are? They are in hell. .... I don't say that people should not survive, or try to survive or anyting bad. I am saying that we should let God decide who survives and who dies!

Peace