Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Official Sc Shia Ring Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

• Banned

Salam, Ya Ali Madad, and Lanat on the enemies of the ahlebeyt (as) guys

who else like me is interested in collecting shia rings? I have a carrier bag full of rings and loose gems and stones, including some almost unique very rare ones. does anyone want to talk about shia ring collecting with me?

examples of some of the things i own:

IMAG1484.jpg

(1) Silver and Aqeeq (possibly aqeeq Irani)

a silver dark brown aqeeq, with patterns of leaves and a bird (i believe its a stork?) on each side.

thats not whats so special about it though.

it has done massah of:

- the alam which flies above the dome of imam hussain (as) zari in kerbala

- the alam which flies above the dome of ghazi abbas (as) zari in kerbala

- a tile from within the zari of ghazi abbas (as)

- the alam which flies above the dome of maula ali (as) in najaf

- the zari paak of sayyeda zaynab (sa) in shaam

- the actual sarcophagus WITHIN the zari of sayyeda zainab (sa)

- the zari of raas e hussain (as) in halab, syria

- the holy kaaba

- the zari of rasool Allah (pbuh)

- the outside wall of jannatul baqi

dont believe me? heres a thread i made when i was doing it:

(2) loose Durr Najaf stone with complete Surah Yaseen engraved on it

got this from shaam this last arba'een, so its done massah of all the ziarats in shaam eg zainabia, zari paak sayyeda sakina (sa), all over baab sagheer, raas e hussain, hujr bin uday etc etc

i actually am really fond of this stone - because i was carrying it in my breast pocket of my jacket back from shaam - and EVERY guard at the airports in shaam and turkey saw it and tried to steal it off me.

IMAG1531.jpg

(3) Zambian emerald set in silver ring

this one is probably cash wise the most expensive one i wear. it was given to my dad in his first hajj back in the 70s by my cousins who live in mecca, he only wears one feroza so he gave this one to me.

IMAG1488.jpg

(4) Simple Aqeeq band

this one is probably the one i cherish the most. those of you who know me in real life know that the first time i visited shaam, me and my brothers were part of the group who were allowed inside the zari room after it closed on arba'een, and cruicially we were allowed to be part of the team who cleaned up inside the zari (i.e. they opened the gates of the zari so we could wipe the glass of the actual sarcophagus). these rings are only a few liras but i placed this on top of the box as i was cleaning and left it there almost the whole night. as such it has a very strong spiritual value to me, as i feel when i look and see it, that i am close to sayyeda zainab (sa)

IMAG1535.jpg

thats enough for now, ill upload the rest later.

your turn! show me what you got/ wear/ collect

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@DigitalUmmah @Fresh-imaan @notme @Heavenly_Silk @Islandsandmirrors Look at what I got in the mail from @zainabamy, it was definitely worth the wait. I got a Sharaf as-Shams and a turbah from Ira

Got myself a little something something

(salam) lol ok, you guys are gonna think I'm crazy, but I LOVE collecting rings, here are all my collections First up, my Aqiq collection, from Left to Right, Aqiq Sulaimani, Black Aqiq, Green Aqiq, r

Posted Images

• Banned

Ohh I love collecting rings as well!

This Aqeeq caused us some trouble in Kuwait, cause they think black magic is written on it, But it has the names of The prophet (pbuh&hf), Imam Ali, Hassan, Hussain (as) And Lady Fatima (as)

post-73155-0-98440800-1311626995_thumb.j

This one is my favorite, It's a Dur-al-Najaf. The stone's so pretty.

post-73155-0-72565100-1311627168_thumb.j

• Banned

I took off an Aqeeq in the bathrooms of Baghdad, next to the Imam while doing wadhoo' and then it was nowhere to be found, so then I told my mom, I NEED A RING!!!! lool I can't live without the stones, however, we were in a hurry, cause the ladies there are always in a rush, so I bought me a man one! I fell in love with it though, and then I lost in the bathroom of my cousins house, lol but then they found it. :D

post-73155-0-16104400-1311629198_thumb.j

I took off an Aqeeq in the bathrooms of Baghdad, next to the Imam while doing wadhoo' and then it was nowhere to be found, so then I told my mom, I NEED A RING!!!! lool I can't live without the stones, however, we were in a hurry, cause the ladies there are always in a rush, so I bought me a man one! I fell in love with it though, and then I lost in the bathroom of my cousins house, lol but then they found it. :D

Uggghh, I thought women weren't supposed to wear `aqeeq.

• Banned

Ohh I love collecting rings as well!

welcome to the SC ring appreciation club! good to know im not the only one.

This Aqeeq caused us some trouble in Kuwait, cause they think black magic is written on it, But it has the names of The prophet (pbuh&hf), Imam Ali, Hassan, Hussain (as) And Lady Fatima (as)

post-73155-0-98440800-1311626995_thumb.j

very interesting, personally i always prefer the traditional oval cut of stones, or the round cut for shias, and i assume that it is set in a gold ring? how did you get the names engraved on to the stone, or did it come already engraved? lol @ black magic, people are so dumb sometimes. if its not too much trouble could i see a closer shot so i can see the actual writing?

This one is my favorite, It's a Dur-al-Najaf. The stone's so pretty.

post-73155-0-72565100-1311627168_thumb.j

theres a hadith that says that one of the signs of a true shia is that when s/he looks upon a durr e najaf, they find it beautiful, or words along those lines. i love durr najaf too. the way to tell if its high quality is to turn it upside down, and look at things through the durr najaf. if the things you look at seem as though they are under water, and it gives the illusion that there is flowing liquid inside the gem, thats the highest quality durr najaf. your shot is a little bit blurry but am i right to assume that it is semi transparent?

hmm gem stones have an awareness that we cannot understand sis. the fact that you keep losing the aqeeq shows that you arent meant to wear it? have you tried wearing another stone, for example a feroza or the durr najaf? there have been a few times where i have worn a new stone and it vanishes or gets lost within 24 hours of me wearing it. for some reason this always happens when i wear a topaz ring.

• Advanced Member

As salam alaikum ring lovers,

im sooo excited to see this post..i feel like eid has just arrived lol.

For years and years living where i do, i see shia brothers wearing their gem rings and shops spotted around selling them..ive always wanted to buy one, i find myself staring at the mens rings and the gems than i do looking at the womens gold rings with diamonds ( im not a diamond person at all, i think it stems from my youth where i was always around my 3 brothers and didnt do much girlie stuff.)

The other night i was talking to a loved one who told me that they like the red stoned ring..i believe its like the one in the picture in this post. Is it suitable to gift a ring to someone without knowing exactly what they like ?

Can u ring lovers tell me the meanings behind the colours and what they do if anything for us and our body.

Now am itching to go buy a ring and wear it but ive no idea what..ladies maybe you can suggest.

MashaAllah on all the rings shown, they are all beautiful and im sure a joy to your hearts.

• Banned

As salam alaikum ring lovers,

im sooo excited to see this post..i feel like eid has just arrived lol.

(wasalam) im glad you are enjoying the thread :)

which red stone are you talking about, a red aqeeq, or ruby (yaqoot)? i have a yaqoot ring that i used to wear but dont any more because i found that it was lab grown. even though it is structurally exactly the same as a natrually mined stone, i dont like them.

there have been lots of hadith posted about rings, and their benefits, such as this one

here are the rings i used to wear, although now i only wear the single emerald:

Photo101.jpg

• Advanced Member

(wasalam) im glad you are enjoying the thread :)

which red stone are you talking about, a red aqeeq, or ruby (yaqoot)? i have a yaqoot ring that i used to wear but dont any more because i found that it was lab grown. even though it is structurally exactly the same as a natrually mined stone, i dont like them.

there have been lots of hadith posted about rings, and their benefits, such as this one

here are the rings i used to wear, although now i only wear the single emerald:

Photo101.jpg

nice rings dude and I had nine types of stones in one ring with aqeeq al yamani in the middle which I left overseas; missing it much. And a friendly reminder: u shouldn't be wearing rings in the middle and pointing finger.

Ya Ali Madad

• Banned

And a friendly reminder: u shouldn't be wearing rings in the middle and pointing finger.

Ya Ali Madad

You are right; i was wearing these before i found out it wasnt allowed. now i wear a single ring on the third finger of my right hand. do you have any pics/ descriptions you can share? I have a ring with different stone types in it too but dont wear it, i will probably show it tonight insha'Allah

• Banned

Salams

Have a collection as well. This is my Aqeeq:

post-14633-0-15817300-1311683425_thumb.j

Fi-AManillah

(wasalam) i would love to see your collection bro, didnt you own a purple gem ring at some point? was that you?

Ohh my.. can u please share this ruling with me about wearing rings on the middle finger.. i wear a gold one on my left hand, middle finger.

Check the thread i linked to earlier sis, i think the hadith are in there

My ring was created by Sauron in the firey depths of Orodruin.

LOTR_OneRing2_md.jpg

men cant wear gold! astagfirullah!

Awesome ring collection everyone! MashaAllah ^_^

My parents have loads of beautiful rings, but I personally own 2 Aqeeq rings and recently I've received a beautiful Feroza ring :wub:

rings.jpg

loving the display box mash'Allah, i noticed you have the same aqeeq ring as i do, was it from shaam? the feroza mashallah is beautiful too. are there two stones on the opposite side?

• Banned

welcome to the SC ring appreciation club! good to know im not the only one.

very interesting, personally i always prefer the traditional oval cut of stones, or the round cut for shias, and i assume that it is set in a gold ring? how did you get the names engraved on to the stone, or did it come already engraved? lol @ black magic, people are so dumb sometimes. if its not too much trouble could i see a closer shot so i can see the actual writing?

theres a hadith that says that one of the signs of a true shia is that when s/he looks upon a durr e najaf, they find it beautiful, or words along those lines. i love durr najaf too. the way to tell if its high quality is to turn it upside down, and look at things through the durr najaf. if the things you look at seem as though they are under water, and it gives the illusion that there is flowing liquid inside the gem, thats the highest quality durr najaf. your shot is a little bit blurry but am i right to assume that it is semi transparent?

hmm gem stones have an awareness that we cannot understand sis. the fact that you keep losing the aqeeq shows that you arent meant to wear it? have you tried wearing another stone, for example a feroza or the durr najaf? there have been a few times where i have worn a new stone and it vanishes or gets lost within 24 hours of me wearing it. for some reason this always happens when i wear a topaz ring.

I really can't get a picture where the writing actually shows, and yeah the engraving was already put on it, but then we got it put on the ring.

There's this stone, I'm guessing it's an Aqeeq, which says: "Ya BaqiyatAllah"

post-73155-0-33198700-1311688214_thumb.j

This one's an Aqeeq Yemani, my mom got it when she went to Hajj.

post-73155-0-09943900-1311688432_thumb.j

This one's a scary one, I was told not to go near it :unsure: lol

post-73155-0-96027400-1311688699_thumb.j

post-73155-0-21511700-1311688919_thumb.j

• Banned

I really can't get a picture where the writing actually shows, and yeah the engraving was already put on it, but then we got it put on the ring.

There's this stone, I'm guessing it's an Aqeeq, which says: "Ya BaqiyatAllah"

post-73155-0-33198700-1311688214_thumb.j

mash'Allah, simply beautiful, and may Allah hasten his return! i like that it was hand engraved, i know what you mean about the focus. i was trying or ages to get my durr in focus last night but my camera was having none of it lol.

This one's an Aqeeq Yemani, my mom got it when she went to Hajj.

this is obviously a really high quality piece; the most expensive aqeeq are the opaque ones with the swirls/ lines on them. i once saw an aqeeq being sold for the equivalent of £2000 because the swirls spelt "ali" in arabic.

This one's a scary one, I was told not to go near it :unsure: lol

post-73155-0-96027400-1311688699_thumb.j;

that looks to me like a hadeed cheeni, you are right to stay away from them. if i remember this correctly they are made from a metal which comes from a meteor which hit earth, so its an alien metal. you are only allowed to wear them in battle because they protect you and make you really strong, but if you wear them for too long they start damaging you somehow. i have one too but ive never worn it.

Lol that's the durr, I was trying to do what you told me, look that's your avatar in there! But there's this line in the middle that just separates everything.

thats what i wanted to see :) things like plastic, glass or other counterfeit materials which some people use to pretend a ring is durr najaf cant do that same effect. you must keep hold of that ring forever!

its interesting about the line in the middle too, it reminds me of the cats eye effect of the rarest emeralds:

featured_cat_emerald.jpg

but the cats eye effect is super duper rare, there are some on sale on auction that start at £30,000+. my uncle has this durr najaf which has these black hair like structures embedded within the actual stone, like a mosquito in amber. he told me a whole story about how when imam ali (as) used to go to cut his hair and trim his beard, some of his hair would fall in the river and over years become part of the vein of durr najaf, and the black things were his hair.

i went to a guy who knew about them and he said "no, its just a fossil. it takes millions of years to make the stone" :wacko: uncles and their stories man!

• Advanced Member

You are right; i was wearing these before i found out it wasnt allowed. now i wear a single ring on the third finger of my right hand. do you have any pics/ descriptions you can share? I have a ring with different stone types in it too but dont wear it, i will probably show it tonight insha'Allah

Sorry bro don't have the pic at the moment but my mom got that for me with all sorts of goody stones; Durr e Najaf and feroza included hand made in silver

• Advanced Member

mashallah so many pretty rings! I feel intimated that I don't have as many! loool,, I never was a ring person.. they do look nice, but I use my hands a lot and they get in the way! like when I am knitting it keeps getting stuck! :Hijabi:

but here's the tiny miny collection I got

post-58278-0-57307700-1311689879_thumb.j

not really sure what they r.. I know they r real and pretty! :wub: mashallah at em :P

but I LOVE collecting stone necklaces! like these

post-58278-0-50262100-1311690027_thumb.j

inshallah once I go to Iran I'll get MORE! :D

Edited by wonderer
  • Banned

Sorry bro don't have the pic at the moment but my mom got that for me with all sorts of goody stones; Durr e Najaf and feroza included hand made in silver

mash'Allah, it sounds amazing. i guess though if a stone isnt right for you the ring doesnt allow you to wear it? have you tried wearing other stones?

I wear a aqeeq in my right hand and a pearl surrounded by rubies on my left.

I have Feroza and durre najaf too but not wearing it for now.

I love stones.

we want PICTURES!!!!

You mean this one ?

post-14633-0-83164400-1311689749_thumb.j

That's just a coloured zirconia. I get a lot of attention from malang brothers when i wear it :D

yeah thats the one! dont be freaked out by my stalkerish tendencies, i just never forget an unusual or special ring if i see one.

but here's the tiny miny collection I got

post-58278-0-57307700-1311689879_thumb.j

is the middle one a square cut emerald :huh:

i know the one on the right is amber, im assuming then that the one on the left is a coloured zirconia similar to bro inshaAllahs?

but I LOVE collecting stone necklaces! like these

post-58278-0-50262100-1311690027_thumb.j

inshallah once I go to Iran I'll get MORE! :D

i prefer the one on the left (for obvious reasons) but the design of the feroza one is better. whats the stone on the right necklace? more zircona or purple topaz?

• Advanced Member

is the middle one a square cut emerald :huh:

i know the one on the right is amber, im assuming then that the one on the left is a coloured zirconia similar to bro inshaAllahs?

i prefer the one on the left (for obvious reasons) but the design of the feroza one is better. whats the stone on the right necklace? more zircona or purple topaz?

the square one does look like it's emerald.. mom gave it to me a while back.. I thought u've seen it! for some reason if I wear it more than few hrs the gold in it starts feeling weird :wacko:

lool not sure abt the other stones! I'll show u em later coz they r just sitting in the drawer lool

• Banned

mash'Allah, simply beautiful, and may Allah hasten his return! i like that it was hand engraved, i know what you mean about the focus. i was trying or ages to get my durr in focus last night but my camera was having none of it lol.

Yes! May Allah Hasten His Return Insha'Allah!!

Lol yeah, I even put it under the sun to make it show, but then it got really bright and you couldn't see anything. :wacko:

this is obviously a really high quality piece; the most expensive aqeeq are the opaque ones with the swirls/ lines on them. i once saw an aqeeq being sold for the equivalent of £2000 because the swirls spelt "ali" in arabic.

How much is 2,000 pounds? Lol like 4,000 dollars? That's a lot. My mom got it like 11 years ago, when the price of things wasn't so high.

that looks to me like a hadeed cheeni, you are right to stay away from them. if i remember this correctly they are made from a metal which comes from a meteor which hit earth, so its an alien metal. you are only allowed to wear them in battle because they protect you and make you really strong, but if you wear them for too long they start damaging you somehow. i have one too but ive never worn it.

Alien metal? Are you serious? :huh: lol Alrighty, then that's going away. o.o

thats what i wanted to see :) things like plastic, glass or other counterfeit materials which some people use to pretend a ring is durr najaf cant do that same effect. you must keep hold of that ring forever!

its interesting about the line in the middle too, it reminds me of the cats eye effect of the rarest emeralds:

featured_cat_emerald.jpg

but the cats eye effect is super duper rare, there are some on sale on auction that start at £30,000+. my uncle has this durr najaf which has these black hair like structures embedded within the actual stone, like a mosquito in amber. he told me a whole story about how when imam ali (as) used to go to cut his hair and trim his beard, some of his hair would fall in the river and over years become part of the vein of durr najaf, and the black things were his hair.

i went to a guy who knew about them and he said "no, its just a fossil. it takes millions of years to make the stone" :wacko: uncles and their stories man!

What's the cats eye effect? Never heard of it before, but when I went to the ring stores they had these really nice yellow stones, I asked for the name and they said something about the sun. :/ lol

Haha, poor uncle. but that would've been so cool to have Imam Ali's (as) actual hair.

Are they sold anywhere? Do you know?

• Banned

the square one does look like it's emerald.. mom gave it to me a while back.. I thought u've seen it! for some reason if I wear it more than few hrs the gold in it starts feeling weird :wacko:

lool not sure abt the other stones! I'll show u em later coz they r just sitting in the drawer lool

it could be an emerald like the one i have round my neck? as your mum what stone it is. if it is emerald i would be SERIOUSLY impressed. ive only really noticed the amber one cos its such a distinctive design

How much is 2,000 pounds? Lol like 4,000 dollars? That's a lot. My mom got it like 11 years ago, when the price of things wasn't so high.

yes, but the £2000 was an extreme case because it had "ali" naturally formed by the lines; if i had any sense i would have taken a picture of it. normally they arent anywhere near that high

Alien metal? Are you serious? :huh: lol Alrighty, then that's going away. o.o

s'true. our maula ali (as) used to only wear it in battle. dont get rid of it because genuine hadeed are a pain in the ass to get a hold of, but when our imam returns you may find yourself wearing it a lot!

What's the cats eye effect? Never heard of it before, but when I went to the ring stores they had these really nice yellow stones, I asked for the name and they said something about the sun. :/ lol

in maybe 1 in 1000 emeralds, the line in the middle forms liek in the picture, causing a "cats eye" effect. because of its scarcity (similar to the blue diamond) it pretty much increases the value of the emerald by 10 times.

imnot sure about the yellow stones, if you rubbed them, did they smell?

Haha, poor uncle. but that would've been so cool to have Imam Ali's (as) actual hair.

Are they sold anywhere? Do you know?

ive not seen them sold anywhere, but im sure there are places that sell them. ill see if i can get a picture of my uncles ring and upload it here.

Edited by Maula Dha Mallang
  • Advanced Member

loving the display box mash'Allah, i noticed you have the same aqeeq ring as i do, was it from shaam? the feroza mashallah is beautiful too. are there two stones on the opposite side?

Thanks, the display box is from ebay- £2 :D and yep both rings are from shaam, my family in pakistan go ziyarat regularly alhamdulillah, and send us gifts from there. There's another Aqeeq ring in the display box, I ordered that from an online store but it's wayyy too big for any of my fingers...

asalamou 'aleykoum ikhwan wa ikhwati,

A site to buy? Thank.

There is the Almurtaza site

And also the Islamic Jewellery World site.