Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Maula Dha Mallang

The Official Sc Shia Ring Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

On 14/02/2016 at 4:23 PM, starlight said:

@Shah01  is it okay to wear a feroza with lines going in it? Don't know if its true but I heard one should always wear a clear stone?? :confused:

not really, the most sought after aqeeq rings on earth are where the swirls of the quartz form the name "ali" in arabic. Ive only ever seen one ring like it, and have been searching for this holy grail aqeeq almost all my life.

the feroza with lines is called feroza nishapuri, its just another form of feroza. the plain sky blue feroza is most expensive but nishapuri is more common amongst shia.

So I decided to clean my silver jewellery today. These are the things I wear most often:

1. Durre najaf ring, someone brought it back from me from iraq, it's very close to my heart and I wear it almost daily.

2. ferozah ring: brought this last year, I have been looking to buy a nice ferozah for ages,so until the time someone reads this and buys me one from iran or somewhere this is all I have, it was quite badly tarnished , so much that I had given up wearing it. 

3. A yemeni aqeeq set in in pendant and 4th one was just a silver alloy ring, least favourite of all. 

Here is the before picture :

rps20160908_120150_210.jpg

Now dirty as they might look , it's not like I never tried cleaning them before, lol, I had washed them with soap and water plenty of times and a few times using vinegar and lemon juice but it din't work obviously so I decided to try something new. I boiled a cup of water , added a three inch long strip of aluminium foil, put my rings and pendant in and added a teaspoonful of baking soda.... THERE WAS A PUFF OF SMOKE ...okay I am being over dramatic here, there was a some effervescence and 10 seconds later my rings came out looking like this: 

rps20160908_120736_332.jpg

I was worried about the damaging stones so I didn't leave them longer for 10/15 secs and I did't rub them at all, just rinsed them afterwards. The Ferozah ring is sparkling!! the only think that didn't clean well was the pendant, so I am not so sure sure if it's good quality silver... but I am happy overall that I will be able to wear them again.

Edited by starlight

3 hours ago, starlight said:

I was worried about the damaging stones so I didn't leave them longer for 10/15 secs and I did't rub them at all, just rinsed them afterwards. The Ferozah ring is sparkling!! the only think that didn't clean well was the pendant, so I am not so sure sure if it's good quality silver... but I am happy overall that I will be able to wear them again.

good collection! 

you can boil away to your hearts content - neither silver or gems melt when placed in boiling water, even fake glass doesn't. plastic does, though. I boil my rings in detergent water for a good 10-20 minutes when I'm cleaning. 

these days I only wear a single plain aqeeq on my third finger 

32 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

Aquamarine, Agate and Emerald. 

Rings.jpg

Are these yours? Beautiful mashallah. 

Can you tell us about aquamarine...why do you wear it? and I always thought aquamarine was blue?

7 minutes ago, starlight said:

Are these yours? Beautiful mashallah. 

Can you tell us about aquamarine...why do you wear it? and I always thought aquamarine was blue?

Yes, bought them in my last trip to Pakistan.

Can't really tell you much about aquamarine, to be honest. It looked nice as a stone so I bought it (I like collecting stones).  But as a ring, it's not something I would generally wear. I may give it to @DigitalUmmah as his engagement ring :grin:

Yes, most of the aquamarines come in light shades of blue. So not sure if it is real. It could be majhool or a fabrication.

7 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

Can't really tell you much about aquamarine, to be honest. It looked nice as a stone so I bought it (I like collecting stones).  But as a ring, it's not something I would generally wear. I may give it to @DigitalUmmah as his engagement ring :grin:

If that day ever comes, then you will probably have to dig me up first, because I will have died in shock