Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
~Zee Zee~

Who's Excited For Ramadan?!

Rate this topic

who isnt

I, for one, am not.

With temperatures running into 45+ Celsius and having to do field work and run around like a headless chicken in the market, sweating from every pour of my body, I, surely, need constant intake of water to get me going.

If I sit at home, I die; if I fast and go out, I die. It's a loss-loss.

I, for one, am not.

With temperatures running into 45+ Celsius and having to do field work and run around like a headless chicken in the market, sweating from every pour of my body, I, surely, need constant intake of water to get me going.

Solution : Sleep :lol:

Edited by Shia_Debater

I, for one, am not.

Imām Ja'far ibn Muḥammad al-Sādiq (A.S.) said:

"One who observes fast for a single day during summer and feels extremely thirsty, Allāh, the Mighty and Sublime appoints a thousand angels to go to him, move their hands on his face and give him glad tidings. When he intends to end his fast, Allah says, 'How good your soul and your smell are! O angels! I hold you witness that I have forgiven this person'".

[Reference: Sawaabul A'amaal & Iqaabul A'amaal, Page 83 -84]

"One who observes fast for a single day during summer and feels extremely thirsty, Allāh, the Mighty and Sublime appoints a thousand angels to go to him, move their hands on his face and give him glad tidings. When he intends to end his fast, Allah says, 'How good your soul and your smell are! O angels! I hold you witness that I have forgiven this person'".

:wub: Wow! SubhanAllah that hadith is amazing! Allah doesn't make it hard on people who can't go through with it He is Ar-Rahman- Ar-Raheem!

I, for one, am not.

Salam Alaykom!

If you are unable to fast, I think your allowed to feed one person for everyday you are unable to fast. Thats what some my of cousins do when they cannot fast. And yeah that field work does sound crazy hard! Inshallah you will be fine :wub:

:wub: Wow! SubhanAllah that hadith is amazing! Allah doesn't make it hard on people who can't go through with it He is Ar-Rahman- Ar-Raheem!

Salam Alaykom!

If you are unable to fast, I think your allowed to feed one person for everyday you are unable to fast. Thats what some my of cousins do when they cannot fast. And yeah that field work does sound crazy hard! Inshallah you will be fine :wub:

Actually if your unable to fast you have to feed 60 poor people for 1 day to make up 1 day of missing a fast on Shahr Ramadhan and also you cant justify not fasting just because u get thirsty :)

Solution : Sleep :lol:

Ahh. Gone are the careless days of college. If I sleep all or most of the day, who will earn the bread!

Don't be a drama queen. LOL

No drama, just reality for me :(

Subhanallah. That is, if I don't collapse on some street before the fast is broken. :squeez:

Salam Alaykom!

Wasalam. This sounds a wee bit helpful. At least someone understands. ^_^

Wasalam. This sounds a wee bit helpful. At least someone understands. ^_^

I dont think u read the correction of what I wrote :lol:

"Actually if your unable to fast you have to feed 60 poor people for 1 day to make up 1 day of missing a fast on Shahr Ramadhan and also you cant justify not fasting just because u get thirsty"

kindaaaa!!! it's just the first time EVER that'll fast for LOOOOONG hrs! like even if I sleep for 12hrs which isn't that likely.. I'll still have like 4hrs to fast! lool! :P

I am hoping to do Ramadan related projects inshallah and I really want to read the WHOLE Quran, and maybe memorize? :D

v----Is ready

Me <---No work on Ramadan

^----Is not that excited.

Ahh. Gone are the careless days of college. If I sleep all or most of the day, who will earn the bread!

My mother once had a long day of fasting and went to sleep very thirsty. She dreamt angels coming and giving her water to drink. When she woke up, she wasn't thirsty anymore.

Edited by Jay

Guest surgeon

Me.

Forget the whole not being able to eat or drink thing, the worst thing is how people suddenly show their hypocriticalness during this month.

I don't see how that can affect you

v----Is ready

Me <---No work on Ramadan

^----Is not that excited.

My mother once had a long day of fasting and went to sleep very thirsty. She dreamt angels coming and giving her water to drink. When she woke up, she wasn't thirsty anymore.

:o .. mashaAllah she must have gone through a big amount of thirst, i reckon angels really did go and give her water by the permission of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

:o .. mashaAllah she must have gone through a big amount of thirst, i reckon angels really did go and give her water by the permission of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

I criticized her for breaking her fast :P

Really looking forward to Ramadan. Excited yet sad at the same time. Alhamdulillah for Allah providing me enough time to see another Ramadan in my life yet Shahaadat of Imam Ali AS is coming up so sad too. May Allah SWT accept our prayers and fasts.

Salam alaykum,

Forgive me for an ignorant question, but when does ramadan really starts? I heard it's 1 August but someone else I know said it's not that's sunni's time table, not ours. I'm a bit confused...

Thank you,

Aaliyah

Im?m Ja'far ibn Mu?ammad al-S?diq (A.S.) said:

"One who observes fast for a single day during summer and feels extremely thirsty, All?h, the Mighty and Sublime appoints a thousand angels to go to him, move their hands on his face and give him glad tidings. When he intends to end his fast, Allah says, 'How good your soul and your smell are! O angels! I hold you witness that I have forgiven this person'".

Salam alaykum,

Forgive me for an ignorant question, but when does ramadan really starts? I heard it's 1 August but someone else I know said it's not that's sunni's time table, not ours. I'm a bit confused...

Thank you,

Aaliyah

wa alaikum salam,

For Followers of the late Syed Fadlallah, Ramadan starts on Monday August 1st:

"The Juristic Committee of the Institution of His Eminence, the Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra) announced that the scientific data and precise astronomical calculation it obtained indicate that the astronomical birth (central conjunction) of the crescent of the blessed month of Ramadan is on Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 18:40 p.m. (GMT); that is, at 21:40 a.m. Beirut summer time. Therefore, since the crescent can not be seen anywhere in the world on Saturday night, neither by the naked eye, nor by the aid of magnifiers, then Sunday marks the last day of Shaaban (the thirtieth), and Monday, August 01, 2011 is the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan. It must be noted that the crescent can be easily sighted on Sunday night in the southern part of Africa and in South America, and rather difficultly in central Africa. Therefore, according to the jurisprudential opinion of the late Religious Authority, His Eminence, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra), Monday is the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan 1432 H., even in the eastern regions of the globe, such as Australia, New Zealand, China and others..."

wa alaikum salam,

For Followers of the late Syed Fadlallah, Ramadan starts on Monday August 1st:

"The Juristic Committee of the Institution of His Eminence, the Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra) announced that the scientific data and precise astronomical calculation it obtained indicate that the astronomical birth (central conjunction) of the crescent of the blessed month of Ramadan is on Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 18:40 p.m. (GMT); that is, at 21:40 a.m. Beirut summer time. Therefore, since the crescent can not be seen anywhere in the world on Saturday night, neither by the naked eye, nor by the aid of magnifiers, then Sunday marks the last day of Shaaban (the thirtieth), and Monday, August 01, 2011 is the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan. It must be noted that the crescent can be easily sighted on Sunday night in the southern part of Africa and in South America, and rather difficultly in central Africa. Therefore, according to the jurisprudential opinion of the late Religious Authority, His Eminence, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra), Monday is the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan 1432 H., even in the eastern regions of the globe, such as Australia, New Zealand, China and others..."

Thanx mahe ramzan mubarak

"The month of Ramadhan is that in which the Quran was revealed, a guidance to men & clear proofs of the guidance and the distinction; therefor whoever of you is present in the month, he shall fast therein

Remember in ur prayers