Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm Not Desperate But Just Worried

Rate this topic

Guest LadyNadine

Hey everyone. I just recently started doing some duas for marriage. Do you think it would work?

I been doing:Qul huwallahu Ahad

Allahus Samad

Lam yalid walam yulad

Walam yakullahu kufuwan ahad. ( 100 x)

andAl Muzzammil

Surah 73. The Enshrouded One, Bundled Up..

Do you think they will help me get proposals?

I'm really not desperate, but worried about my future.

Please be gentle. :)

Hey everyone. I just recently started doing some duas for marriage. Do you think it would work?

Allahus Samad

Lam yalid walam yulad

andAl Muzzammil

Please be gentle. :)

I once had a conversation with a Sunni, and he asked me, why dont i frequently pray and make duas for assistance with things? I told him, i dont think Allah would help me with everything i prayed for. If i prayed for help putting on my socks in the morning i dont think i would receive any help because Allah has already given all of us what we need in our hearts, our minds and souls and in our physical ability to put on socks.

The Sunni responded by saying that, yes it is true that Allah has given us the ability to put on socks on our own, but in some cases praying does not hurt. And the Sunni later continued by saying that it is praying combined with the physical actions of our own choices that allows us to accomplish what we want, and i think that is fine.

So will the dua help? Im not so sure, but surely they wont hurt so i think theyre fine, but one thing i think most people can agree on, is that the physical actions and efforts are a necessity.

Aside from that though, i think youre fine Nadine and there is nothing to worry about, there are a great number of good hearted men seeking a good women like yourself, and its only a matter of time before you run into them.

/me pulls out his card and pen :P

feeamanillah

Edited by iSilurian
  • Advanced Member

Just have some faith, Allah doesnt forget those who dont forget Him.

What I was going to say ^_^

You can also start attending Islamic events/classes etc and that way you will meet loads of sisters and one of them may have a brother that she may want your proposal for ;)

• Advanced Member

Yes Pray, Pray a lot and pray somoe more.

BUT

Sitting at home and waiting for a proposal aint gonna do anything.

You have to be proactive. I know u are the 'girl' and u are waiting for some one to propse but its not the 1950's, you have to be active in getting urself married.

That could mean talking to a few older more knowledgeable ladies in your community and even spreading the word to a community match maker and older aunties that you are interested.

Honestly, sitting at home and praying is not the only thing u should be doing.

If you are being proactive thats great and I am sure you will be successful.

• Moderators

Salams,

The duaa is good, keep doing it. Also, get involved in your local community activities. Volunteer at the masjid, attend Ramadan programs, visit relatives regularly, etc.

Stay socially connected in the circles that you think that are the most fruitful for you to meet the guy that you might want to marry. 80 - 90% of the br and sis I know that have good marriages that have lasted beyond a few years met someone this way.

The formula that never fails

Good Intention (niyyat) + Prayer and Dua + Sabr(patience) + Positive Action = Success.

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member

Well im not a great believer of these kinds of duas and amaals, I believe that if Allah knows what you want, he knows...you dont need to perform rituals to gain his attention.

And I know my mother has read many of those duas for my marriage, and it hasnt worked! :P

Guest adilrizvi

Well im not a great believer of these kinds of duas and amaals, I believe that if Allah knows what you want, he knows...you dont need to perform rituals to gain his attention.

And I know my mother has read many of those duas for my marriage, and it hasnt worked! :P

why are u even advising someone who wants to get married? your interests say "avoiding marriage" if I'd be her I wouldn't be listening to u..laugh.gif

Salam.

Why dont you go to the local centre and ask the Imam for assistance?????????

maybe the Imam at her local mosque is already married..

• Advanced Member

why are u even advising someone who wants to get married? your interests say "avoiding marriage" if I'd be her I wouldn't be listening to u..laugh.gif

Well Adil Rizvi, I was not advising her at all on marriage, i was giving my opinion on whether I think these amaals would work or not, and thats what she was asking in her first post.

Guest adilrizvi

Well Adil Rizvi, I was not advising her at all on marriage, i was giving my opinion on whether I think these amaals would work or not, and thats what she was asking in her first post.

..ok.. happy.gif

• Advanced Member

awww don't worry sis.. wallah when the time is right and God is willing for u to get married u will :) and yah all dua'as r helpful :) try Ziarat ashura for 40 days it works for everything! :) plus I think u should go out there and meet ppl.. like get involved in shia community work, classes of common interest? all these things help! :) good luck :yaali:

• Veteran Member

(salam)

I read in Hadia Tul Shia that Imam Ali (a.s) advised that whosoever wants to marry and is not getting a proper proposal, he/she must offer two Rak'at Nama with this niyat (May be you call it Namaz e Hajat), no more time will pass that he/she will get a Kufw.

• Advanced Member

I am not getting any. Can you link me or have something to show me so I can do it.

Basically lady like morning prayer its 2 rakats but you can do the prayer anytime you like and instead of your niyyat (intention) being 2 rakats fajr prayer it will be, "I am doing 2 rakats namaz-e-hajat (i think) qurbatan ell Allah", and then u just do the prayer and then inshaAllah Allah (swt) will grant your wish ^_^

Edited by Shia_Debater
  • Advanced Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA

u guys are jokes!

Asharp didnt mean that she should ask the Imam to marry her!!! Asharp meant that the Imam of the mosque knows the people and families and could 'assist' her in finding an appropriate suitor!

Man u guys never fail to crack me up!

:lol:

• Advanced Member

Have you tried :

Vant fried-sheep wid me ? (x100 to random ppl)

A/s/l (x 50 times in order to prevent flooding and being banned)

multiple nicknames (100)

101 different matrimonial sites ? (Btw you are at the right site SC is all about hooking and macking online through PM , plz pm me too )

Facebook

May you find your dream husband Inshallah , otherwise i am also available :) <--- Mashallah

Jazakallah Khairan Habibti ukhti

Edited by maniaac
  • Advanced Member

AS salam alaikum sweetness Lady N

Making duaa isnt bad, Allah knows what we want. Allah tells us in Quran " Help yourself and I shall help you." ( excuse me its a very rough eng translation.)

In wanting something and helping ourself, i have understood that it works much better than sitting only at home and making duaa. Of course we women dnt need to be mingling with non mahrams and doing haram in order to find a husband but there are many halal ways of meeting sisters who may know of a few brothers looking for marriage.

Ive been married before and i know what i asked Allah for, He gave me. I asked for someone who would help me in my deen/iman ... boy did i get the tests to do with my iman from my ex husband... i fought for the right to be covered properly infront of ghair mahrams, the right to have privacy and much more .... i say this because when making duaa be careful of what you ask for.. you will get it. In my case i was soo tested by my iman by the people living around me that i couldnt stand to be around them anymore ..the unislamic habits drove me crazy and when i spoke of islam i was mocked and laughed at and reminded at all times that i was "ajnabiya and white" hence i dont understand islam. I asked for someone to help me in deen...my ex really helped me ... making me fight for my rights to be hijabi and have privacy are what every woman wants in islam...after this experiance im now stronger than i ever was..which means my duaa ws answered. Alhamdulillah.

Seek to find someone who will understand you for who you are, love you and respect you and who has similiar beliefs as you...having common likes and similiar beliefs in deen really do help..they create a ground of happiness and contentment. Being poor or rich, big car small car and all those dunya material things shouldnt worry you.

I ask Allah Swt to grant you the man who is written in your qadr who Allah knows is good for you & will help you to be a good fatamia. Allah humma salli ala Mohammed wa ala Alee Mohammed ameen.

Making duaa isnt bad, Allah knows what we want. Allah tells us in Quran " Help yourself and I shall help you." ( excuse me its a very rough eng translation.)

In wanting something and helping ourself, i have understood that it works much better than sitting only at home and making duaa. Of course we women dnt need to be mingling with non mahrams and doing haram in order to find a husband but there are many halal ways of meeting sisters who may know of a few brothers looking for marriage.

Ive been married before and i know what i asked Allah for, He gave me. I asked for someone who would help me in my deen/iman ... boy did i get the tests to do with my iman from my ex husband... i fought for the right to be covered properly infront of ghair mahrams, the right to have privacy and much more .... i say this because when making duaa be careful of what you ask for.. you will get it. In my case i was soo tested by my iman by the people living around me that i couldnt stand to be around them anymore ..the unislamic habits drove me crazy and when i spoke of islam i was mocked and laughed at and reminded at all times that i was "ajnabiya and white" hence i dont understand islam. I asked for someone to help me in deen...my ex really helped me ... making me fight for my rights to be hijabi and have privacy are what every woman wants in islam...after this experiance im now stronger than i ever was..which means my duaa ws answered. Alhamdulillah.

Seek to find someone who will understand you for who you are, love you and respect you and who has similiar beliefs as you...having common likes and similiar beliefs in deen really do help..they create a ground of happiness and contentment. Being poor or rich, big car small car and all those dunya material things shouldnt worry you.

I ask Allah Swt to grant you the man who is written in your qadr who Allah knows is good for you & will help you to be a good fatamia. Allah humma salli ala Mohammed wa ala Alee Mohammed ameen.

That's a wonderful way to look at things...

Guest adilrizvi

May you find your dream husband Inshallah , otherwise i am also available :) <--- Mashallah

there we go.. proposal number 1.. laugh.gif

Subhan Allah !!! smile.gif

Yea! I'm actually doing it that way now. That was really good advise from truthseeking

People like that, I mean women who look at things like that turn out to be the best wives or even more importantly the best mothers...

Sadly we don't even find men like this nowadays, not to talk about women... Cheech... (Reminding myself too of course)...

Inna LLAH ma' el-sabireen...

• Advanced Member

Duas work. Some people are clever and say duas didn't work and give examples. When you ask Allah swt for help in marriage, you are doing something highly recommended.

The way to make a dua work is by accepting the feedback you get from your environment, make some changes and keep making dua. As an example, many brothers I know say they wish they could get married. They make dua as well but find their options for marriage are unacceptable. Basically the feedback they are getting is that they need to travel to see more women or lower their expectations. Most people will not adjust to this feedback. They stay put or even worse simply complain. Then they say dua doesn't work.

Sometimes you can get some really negative feedback. A friend might suggest that one of your physical features is unattractive for example or maybe your background is intimidating. Don't be daunted by this, but try to take this into account when you are looking at your prospects. I mean it might be a bad idea if you are a super tall Muslima for you to chase after men that are super short.

Remember Surah 27 ayah 62.

• Advanced Member

The formula that never fails

Good Intention (niyyat) + Prayer and Dua + Sabr(patience) + Positive Action = Success.

I wish there was a "like" button. Honestly though, I used to think it was 2/3 prayer/dua and 1/3 everything else, including positive action. Now I realize it's more like 99% positive action+ 1% everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Allahus Samad

Lam yalid walam yulad

andAl Muzzammil

Please be gentle. smile.gif

The problem is not dua but your expectations are very high. Definitely you have refused many proposals at you age. So repent.

• Advanced Member

The problem is not dua but your expectations are very high. Definitely you have refused many proposals at you age. So repent.

bro why come and say something like that especially if you dont know the person

and you cant reply by saying its the harsh reality cos den ur just being prejudice .. i think you should mind what you say in the future

Guest LadyNadine

refused? I haven't got any

bro why come and say something like that especially if you dont know the person

and you cant reply by saying its the harsh reality cos den ur just being prejudice .. i think you should mind what you say in the future

It is ok SD. Nothing to worry about.

A few months ago my sister in law was telling me she will never get married and that no one wants her...she was so sad, it was horrible. A few days later she became engaged to someone really amazing. :D

lol that's hopeful. I feel that all the time. I can only pray.

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Salaams,

I dunno if you're still looking for answers, but I can so sympathize with what you wrote...and from a personal perspective, I can say that sometimes positive action is limited to your circumstances and abilities. People will say don't sit back and wait, but it could be that that's the only option you have - du'a is literally the MAIN thing that works. No amount of 'action' can yield true success without du'a. Being able to be humble enough to accept what you need, ask Allah (SWT) for it and then have complete trust and believe that He Will handle it is what you find strength in.

I read this somewhere "Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle happens..." And I know I'm one of the many examples of those miracles truly happening almost overnight. :)

If you're interested I can send you the du'as that I feel not only kept me stable emotionally and spiritually while I waited, but also the ones I feel were that brought the Answer I was looking for :)

• 2 weeks later...

Assalamu Alaikum,

Have you read verse 74 of chapter 25. ÇáÝÑÞÇä in the Holy Quran?

æóÇáóøÐíäó íóÞæáæäó ÑóÈóøäÇ åóÈ áóäÇ ãöä ÃóÒæٰÌöäÇ æóÐõÑöøíøٰÊöäÇ ÞõÑóøÉó ÃóÚíõäò æóÇÌÚóáäÇ áöáãõÊóøÞíäó ÅöãÇãðÇ

English-YusufAli translation

And those who pray, \"Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous.\"