islamicrose28

Fasting In Secret?

(salam)

I'm a recent convert to Islam alhamdulilah, and nchallah this Ramadan will be my first since I converted.

The problem is that I live at home with my parents, and I'm living my life as a Muslimah in secret since my parents (who are christians) are very suspicious about me and they H A T E everything related to Islam :( . I know that they know when Ramadan is (we're middle-eastern) and I know they'll make sure I eat every day. I really want to fast and since it's obligatory, I'm afraid to commit a very big sin by not fasting and I don't know what to do!! :( I'll try my best to fast, but I don't want to get caught.

What do you suggest me? Should I take a chance and fast and leave the rest to Allah (SWT) or should I make up my missed fast a couple of weeks after ramadan a few days at a time?

Thanks for your answers!!!

(wasalam)

Edited by islamicrose28

(wasalam)

Firstly, welcome to Islaam! Alhamdulillaah!

Secondly, I was in almost your exact same position when I first converted. My mom is hardcore Christian and I converted the summer before my junior year in high school (so about 16) and of course was also living at home. I didn't know how to tell her, so I just kept it a secret waiting for the right time to come along. When Ramadhaan started, I also started fasting in secret. I got away with it and never once had to break a fast, but it was difficult, especially on weekends. The week days weren't as hard because I had after school activities and would pretend not to be hungry when I got home. I was also the youngest and the only kid left at home so my mom didn't cook everyday (I made a lot of my own stuff by that point) and when she did cook for me it was usually when I directly asked her to.

I remember one incident though, I think the second weekend, when we were all together at my older sister's house, and my mom made a really nice meal for lunch. I insisted I wasn't hungry and was very polite about it, but she got mad. She made me sit at the table with them while everyone else ate (keep in mind she really didn't know I was fasting). And then that night when it was time for dinner, she put the food on the table a half hour before maghrib time. I told her I wasn't hungry yet and so she again made me sit there with the family while they ate. So I just sat and watched the clock, but as soon as it was maghrib everyone else happened to be done eating, and then I started eating.. I think my mom thought I was just trying to be rebellious or something... which just made her more angry at me during the time period.

So yeah, it was a little hard, and it caused a lot of problems because she just didn't know that I was fasting and so didn't understand my actions based on that - but you can do it if you really want to and are dedicated to it. After 10 days (or about) I decided to come out about fasting when I started wearing hijaab. Wearing hijaab was the biggest indicator that I was Muslim, so coming out about fasting didn't seem to be a big deal.

If you want to hide it, I think it's completely do-able, but depending on your situation it may be more difficult for you than it was for me. My mom did hate Islaam at the time, and continued to for a couple years until she was able to open up her mind and accept it and my decision to be Muslim. Things take time, but if you're not worried about being kicked out then coming out about being Muslim may not be as bad as you think. Tread carefully though, because I do know plenty of converts who are kicked out as teenagers when they convert, but also many who weren't.

Last bit of advice, if you decide to fast in secret - tell your closest friends, they'll help you get through it and will be more sympathetic during the day when you're with them. Also, stay out of the house during meal times as much as you can. If you can go to the library, to a friend's house, stay after school, offer to run errands, etc. If they ask if you're eaten you can say "yes" with the intention that you have eaten in general, not answering the question of "have you eaten in the past couple hours" etc.

Not sure how new you are to Islaam, but just fyi when women are on their periods they don't fast (but those fasts need to be made up before the next year's Ramadhaan), and so during those days make sure you eat in front of your parents very directly so that they don't start to suspect you. But don't do it every day on your period, like break it up with like every other day, so that if they don't see you eating one day but do the next then they won't get as suspicious for the rest of the month.

Hope that was helpful.

I too did the same...i would secretly fast.....it was hard...and some days I had to make up..usually during the week it was easier.. i was never hungry, or I ate at so and sos house, or i ate at work...i changed my shift at work so i could have iftar at work, and then when my parents saw me bring a lunch they assumed I was eating...

Inshallah it gets better for you, my parents knew when ramadan was too....the weekends were the hardest becuase everyone was always home so I would run out of exuces....Allah is merciful and he knows your situation, try the best you can,

One tip from me- if you do decide to hide it, when it comes to iftar time, don't go running into the kitchen, screaming, 'Mum, feed me, feed me'. That might give it away!

One way you could try and hide it is by telling your mum, that you are going on a detox diet? (Don't know if that would be classed as a lie?) You can tell her now and start to not eat in front of her, so she wont get suspicious that your diet started in ramzan.

awww.. inshallah things get for u! ok how about this: I once read abt some new age kind of fasting.. I can't find the website now.. but they weren't muslims or anything, and they would fast from EVERYTHING except water for like a month or less to cleanse the body and what not.. so u can pretend u r doing that? not sure how it'll work when u break ur fast.. Also, maybe u could start few days before Ramadan? so they don't make the connection straight away?

good luck :)

Salams,

I would just echo what the br above said.

The situation is this. Whether you are a recent revert, or not so recent revert, whether you are born into a muslim family that is practicing the religion, or born into a muslim family that is not practicing the religion, you will be tested by Allah(s.w.a). Although your situation is difficult, there are other brothers and sisters who are in situations that are as difficult or more difficult than yours, and they are keeping the fast during Shahr Ramadan. There are brothers and sisters on this site, which I have heard from personally whose family is muslim but not practicing (ie not fasting). This is also a bad situation because the family who is not practicing knows exactly what they are doing and every day they are being reminded that they are disobeying Allah(s.w.a) by not fasting and their child / cousin / sister / brother / etc is obeying Allah(s.w.a) even though probably their situations are similar.

Your first inclination was the right one. Just make the niyyat (intention) that you are going to fast every day this Ramadan and not miss any days and then let Allah(s.w.a) work out the details for you(this is called tawakul in Arabic and is a very important concept which you should study). If you have a good intention, he will make something that seems impossible to you possible, though it still may be difficult. The difficulty is only to elevate your status with Allah(s.w.a) and bring you closer to Paradise, and not just to torment you or bother you. The road to Paradise is full of all sorts of calamities, problems, difficulties, and irritations, but at the end of the road is Paradise, and it is sufficient reward and more than that, as Allah(s.w.a) has taught us through his Prophets (peace be upon all of them).

Assalamu Aleykum!

The problem is that I live at home with my parents, and I'm living my life as a Muslimah in secret since my parents (who are christians) are very suspicious about me and they H A T E everything related to Islam :( .

I believe it is better for you to not fast and ( stay in state of Taqqiya)

I know that they know when Ramadan is (we're middle-eastern) and I know they'll make sure I eat every day.

• If you will get big problems...
  • If you are scared of your parents
  • If even you are scared of your relatives...
  • If you are scared that they will hurt you...

( and more)

“‘Except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them (3:28)’ ( stay in state of Taqqiya)

I really want to fast and since it's obligatory, I'm afraid to commit a very big sin by not fasting and I don't know what to do!! :( I'll try my best to fast, but I don't want to get caught.

but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.Surah Al Baqara, Ayah 173;

What do you suggest me? Should I take a chance and fast and leave the rest to Allah (SWT) or should I make up my missed fast a couple of weeks after ramadan a few days at a time?

what you can try;

1. don't fast first 5 days then after see if if you can faste...
  2. fast when you get chance...
  3. fast but if you see that they are going to expose you then break your fast and eat or drink water...

May Allah help you!

*stay in state of Taqqiya ((Hide your religion (belief)

Salam

Im in exactlyy the same situation- in the Middle East..did that for the past 2 years, but this year they are alottt more suspicious coz they found alot of my things like sajdegah, hijab, tasbih, books, nauha CDs etc...so they know im reallyyy interested, but thats it..

and its more difficult in ME coz they know tht u cudnt have eaten lunch out (since all the restaurants r closed during the day in Ramadan)

so im a little worried about this as well this year..hoping and praying that they dont force me to eat a good breakfast before work or something..or my parents Hindu friends (in my office) dont wonder why im not eating..

I prayed I got a job before Ramadan and Alhumdulillah I did, and have purposely taken classes during the weekend too..so inshaAllah will be able to sneak out early afternoon for my classes...

Personally , I suggest u join some classes...anything- art, language, etc.."summer specials"- see if any nice summer promos/ volunteer work..or just say that ur bored in summer and want to do extra classes (are u studying/ working?) or find some charity place where u can contribute to the current famine in Africa, or help special needs kids etc (if ur not working/studying right now)

Im still thinking of excuses and ways all the time..oh i also have my own thermos/flask for water...so Im thinking Ill carry that to work everyday and keep on desk/next to u always (i already do) but to make sure they take it..and if they insist on breakfast, then maybe grab an apple or something

U can buy a flask and say u want one coz of the heat so u can carry everywhere..so even if they "know" that ur drinking..then it might be a little better.

I guess begin each day with the niyyat that u will fast...if u CAN get away without eating, then surely aim for that...u can make excuses btw as far as I know ..because u r listening to Allah swt above ur parents..so u can always say that ur not hungry..or find a reason to be out of the house as much as possible, or say that u already ate a heavy breakfast (can keep stuff in ur room) or just something..

Once my mum made salad for lunch for me (when I used to eat the food she makes), and she brought it to my room coz i was busy with assignments (basically trying to avoid eating..it was a weekend) and I let the salad lie there all day, and ate it for my iftaar:P...coz i was tooo busy finishing my assignment...

so try doing stuff like that...

There will be days where u may be forced to eat in front of them...when u feel that theyre getting too suspicious...do that..and make up for it later..

as others said as well, during the few days of ur monthly cycle, make sure u eat IN FRONT of them..as if its not a big deal (the way u wudve done it every year during Ramadan before converting- ie breakfast at home etc etc provided ofcourse that ur family is Ahlulkitaab and u can eat the food they make..)

Hope that helps..

May Allah swt help us all...

Salam

Im in exactlyy the same situation- in the Middle East..did that for the past 2 years, but this year they are alottt more suspicious coz they found alot of my things like sajdegah, hijab, tasbih, books, nauha CDs etc...so they know im reallyyy interested, but thats it..

and its more difficult in ME coz they know tht u cudnt have eaten lunch out (since all the restaurants r closed during the day in Ramadan)

so im a little worried about this as well this year..hoping and praying that they dont force me to eat a good breakfast before work or something..or my parents Hindu friends (in my office) dont wonder why im not eating..

I prayed I got a job before Ramadan and Alhumdulillah I did, and have purposely taken classes during the weekend too..so inshaAllah will be able to sneak out early afternoon for my classes...

Personally , I suggest u join some classes...anything- art, language, etc.."summer specials"- see if any nice summer promos/ volunteer work..or just say that ur bored in summer and want to do extra classes (are u studying/ working?) or find some charity place where u can contribute to the current famine in Africa, or help special needs kids etc (if ur not working/studying right now)

Im still thinking of excuses and ways all the time..oh i also have my own thermos/flask for water...so Im thinking Ill carry that to work everyday and keep on desk/next to u always (i already do) but to make sure they take it..and if they insist on breakfast, then maybe grab an apple or something

U can buy a flask and say u want one coz of the heat so u can carry everywhere..so even if they "know" that ur drinking..then it might be a little better.

I guess begin each day with the niyyat that u will fast...if u CAN get away without eating, then surely aim for that...u can make excuses btw as far as I know ..because u r listening to Allah swt above ur parents..so u can always say that ur not hungry..or find a reason to be out of the house as much as possible, or say that u already ate a heavy breakfast (can keep stuff in ur room) or just something..

Once my mum made salad for lunch for me (when I used to eat the food she makes), and she brought it to my room coz i was busy with assignments (basically trying to avoid eating..it was a weekend) and I let the salad lie there all day, and ate it for my iftaar:P...coz i was tooo busy finishing my assignment...

so try doing stuff like that...

There will be days where u may be forced to eat in front of them...when u feel that theyre getting too suspicious...do that..and make up for it later..

as others said as well, during the few days of ur monthly cycle, make sure u eat IN FRONT of them..as if its not a big deal (the way u wudve done it every year during Ramadan before converting- ie breakfast at home etc etc provided ofcourse that ur family is Ahlulkitaab and u can eat the food they make..)

Hope that helps..

May Allah swt help us all...

Salams,

I agree with everything you said except the last part. If they try to force you to eat in front of them, then tell them that you are muslim and fasting. They will realize that they forced the issue and not you and they will feel foolish while you will feel liberated. This is better than disobedience to Allah(s.w.a) and if you intentionally break your fast during Ramadan, you are not being grateful for the gift that Allah(s.w.a) has given you. You will have to tell them eventually, and if you break your fast then this is not only disobedience but also deception, and they will have something 'on you' later on in order to taunt you with if they don't also end up accepting Islam. They will surely tell you that ' If you were muslim then why did you eat during Ramadan on this and this day. They will remember it. So you have to think about the long term as well as short term consequences of your actions. Pray for the Sakina (peace of mind and heart) if Allah(s.w.a) chooses to place you in this difficult situation.

There is nothing more satisfying than truth, there is nothing less satisfying than falsehood.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Salams,

I agree with everything you said except the last part. If they try to force you to eat in front of them, then tell them that you are muslim and fasting. They will realize that they forced the issue and not you and they will feel foolish while you will feel liberated. This is better than disobedience to Allah(s.w.a) and if you intentionally break your fast during Ramadan, you are not being grateful for the gift that Allah(s.w.a) has given you. You will have to tell them eventually, and if you break your fast then this is not only disobedience but also deception, and they will have something 'on you' later on in order to taunt you with if they don't also end up accepting Islam. They will surely tell you that ' If you were muslim then why did you eat during Ramadan on this and this day. They will remember it. So you have to think about the long term as well as short term consequences of your actions. Pray for the Sakina (peace of mind and heart) if Allah(s.w.a) chooses to place you in this difficult situation.

There is nothing more satisfying than truth, there is nothing less satisfying than falsehood.

+1

- totally agree.

Original poster: when my mom really pushed and pushed then I didn't give in, I just stood my ground and wouldn't eat. Though it did make her angry, she understood when I eventually told her. Abu Hadi is right. If you feel like you can't come out about it now, then don't. But don't break your fasts. Be strong. Your parents not knowing that you're Muslim isn't an excuse not to fast and you'd have to pay kaffarah, which for every day that you don't fast without a reason (period, sickness, pregnant, etc), you must fast for 60 days to make up for it. It's not a small issue, and it is very deceptive to break your fast in front of them.

Just follow the suggestions everyone has given you so far in how to hide it and you should be ok inshaa Allah. You'll only have to out right refuse to eat a few times and you may get in trouble or yelled at, but it's worth it in the end and you will feel so much stronger for your faith and may even want to come out about being Muslim to them.

Muslim converts of the early years of Islaam have gone through much more than just disappointed/angry parents. Some were disowned, some tortured, some murdered, consistent public harassment, death threats, etc. Look at the big picture and you'll see that this is just one small period in your life. Understand that though this may be difficult, Allaah does not burden you more than you can bear. Take this as a test from Him and don't disobey just to buy a little more time before telling your parents you are Muslim now.

Why keep a secret now when they will find out sooner or later ? Keeping a secret is a burden that will eat you up from inside. Your family will be furious and maybe will try to 'deconvert' you back, but if you show good example of being a Muslim then they will understand insyaallah.

Edited by Just_A_Submitter

(bismillah)

(salam)

Please keep us updated as to how your fasting month is turning out.

I'm praying for your succes!

When I converted at 17 it was a dream towards my parents. They saw me change from a rebel youth to a pious young man. No troubles there.

But heard the worse stories from friends... Hope everything goes well!

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

There's no better worship than in secret... If you feel too pressured by them or in "danger" (by them throwing you out of the house on the streets etc. or stuff more serious than that...), then leave the heavy, apparent stuff like fasting while they know or u praying with ure door unlocked then they see you, everything in it's time, but try your best... Every thing in it's time... Allah a.j. knows what's in your heart more than you do... If you truly wanted to do all that and more, but really couldn't, Allah a.j. knows, you're inside HIS mercy already, HE will make a way for you insha'Allah, things will eventually become easier...

Salams,

Salam

JazakAllah for the reply..however, few points:

Actually, the AAlima as the imambargah just told me that in my situation, I should eat if they force me to, but my "fast" will not be broken..as long as I'm only eating what I'm being forced to, and then resume my fast..it counts...she said that this was according to Ayatollah Sistanis rulings..

Im not sure if anyone here suggesting "might as well tell them" have been in a situation with nonMuslim families..or maybe most people live in the West where the parents have a COMPLETELY different mindset..or maybe parents who believe that a working 21 yr old can be fairly independant..(Mine dont) Not sure...but I wish it was as simple as "you may get in trouble or yelled at"..I have a feeling its going be way worse...I cant even live in the country if my father decides to send me away to my grandfather..who will just shoot me with his AK 47 just with the WORD "Muslim"...so forget anything else...ANYTHING my father says, happens in this country..and if they even get a slight hint that Im fasting...I dont know how it will turn out...n going back to a home country where i have neverrrr lived, and have noone-impossible situation..

So personally I felt insulted that one would judge that I am "not being grateful for the gift that Allah(s.w.a) has given you"..one cannot even BEGIN to imagine how grateful i am..and every suucessful fast tht goes on is like SUCH AN accomplishment Alhumdulillah..

"They will realize that they forced the issue and not you and they will feel foolish while you will feel liberated. "- WOW..id love to meet parents who would feel foolish on that one...my prnts may just murder at the IDEA of it..they anyway HATE the idea of fasting and stopping nutrition, and esp water, from entering the body at 50 degrees celcius..loll..they find it unbearably stupid and unhealthy..

+1

- totally agree.

Original poster: when my mom really pushed and pushed then I didn't give in, I just stood my ground and wouldn't eat. Though it did make her angry, she understood when I eventually told her. Abu Hadi is right. If you feel like you can't come out about it now, then don't. But don't break your fasts. Be strong. Your parents not knowing that you're Muslim isn't an excuse not to fast and you'd have to pay kaffarah, which for every day that you don't fast without a reason (period, sickness, pregnant, etc), you must fast for 60 days to make up for it. It's not a small issue, and it is very deceptive to break your fast in front of them.

Just follow the suggestions everyone has given you so far in how to hide it and you should be ok inshaa Allah. You'll only have to out right refuse to eat a few times and you may get in trouble or yelled at, but it's worth it in the end and you will feel so much stronger for your faith and may even want to come out about being Muslim to them.

Muslim converts of the early years of Islaam have gone through much more than just disappointed/angry parents. Some were disowned, some tortured, some murdered, consistent public harassment, death threats, etc. Look at the big picture and you'll see that this is just one small period in your life. Understand that though this may be difficult, Allaah does not burden you more than you can bear. Take this as a test from Him and don't disobey just to buy a little more time before telling your parents you are Muslim now.

"Your parents not knowing that you're Muslim isn't an excuse not to fast and you'd have to pay kaffarah"- partly true, partly false- parents not knowing is not a valid reason...but if you have fear of harm to your faith by them finding out, then its a completely valid excuse and no kaffarah is due..

Actually, I ve been told by the Sheikh here, that even if my parents force me to sit with them from beginning of Zuhr to end of Asr, and there is noway I can get out of there to pray...then i SHOULD NOT try anything sily and pray...n even if i do get out (I assume when I force myself out when they are against me "getting out"), then my prayers WILL NOT be valid either..even if i manage to do them..

Im not 100% sure with this one, because I always try to sneak out quietly from whatever it is...but thats the ruling under Taqiyya...

In all honestly, rulings for Taqiyyah are COMPLETELYYY different from those who are not...

If you live in a country where your parents dont have the right to DO WHAT THEY WANT with u...or u live in ur home country,, then u have ALOT more freedom, depending on how they think ofcourse..

and for guys too, its wayyyyyyy easier..dont know why..parents always think guys are alot more mature and independant..atleast desi parents..

So yea...each situation is different...if urs is similar to mine, then these r the rulings as above...if its simply a matter of them going to be upset with u for a bit and then let go....well then ur choice...

(bismillah)

(salam)

Please keep us updated as to how your fasting month is turning out.

I'm praying for your succes!

When I converted at 17 it was a dream towards my parents. They saw me change from a rebel youth to a pious young man. No troubles there.

But heard the worse stories from friends... Hope everything goes well!

ma'a salama,

Ihsaan

Lol...sounds amazing...

right now i bet my parents sometimes WISH i was a rebel youth..atleast better than being this conservative freak according to them...

and this is when I dont even do hijab yet (Cannot coz of taqiyyah again..and its COMPLETELY ALLOWED..so noone judge pls!) I just dress very conservatively with shawls/scarves/dupattas..and OMG do they hate that!!

They wish i could be a normal girl...wearing normal clothes..behave normally (i.e. dance in public, swim in public, exercise with men and women mixed gatherings, etc. etc. etc.)

For them, the change they have seen in me (from a more open girl to a much more reserved) has been the worstttt thing they have seen..

PS: my parents dont drink/party/pub...rather, they teach spiritual classes and yoga...so supposedly very balanced etc..

but Conservatism, close mindedness, and CONCEPTS "block the mind", and organized religion "completely blocks the mind"...so anything which does not allow the mind to be free...is BAD BAD BAD BAD...the number 1 on that list of BADS : Fear of God...

The way I was brought up...fearing God is the biggest negative i ever heard...so it took me a while to even understand why Muslims LIKE the idea of fearing Allah swt...

so yea....

anyway...back to OP...

Once again, I dont think any of us can judge another person's situation unless we are living in it..so I wish you all the best...and know that if there is any major risk-there are rules for it...Allah swt is all Merciful and forgiving...and He will never burden you with something that you cannot handle (though you may feel like breaking down every now and then...just bring urself back up)

For some, telling is better...its wayyyy easier than coping with the difficulties in hiding it....but for others, there is no choice but to have Sabr...

U choose what is best for ur situation, and please dont let anyone else force u to tell or not to tell...

Wasalam

There's no better worship than in secret... If you feel too pressured by them or in "danger" (by them throwing you out of the house on the streets etc. or stuff more serious than that...), then leave the heavy, apparent stuff like fasting while they know or u praying with ure door unlocked then they see you, everything in it's time, but try your best... Every thing in it's time... Allah a.j. knows what's in your heart more than you do... If you truly wanted to do all that and more, but really couldn't, Allah a.j. knows, you're inside HIS mercy already, HE will make a way for you insha'Allah, things will eventually become easier...

actually...this is one of the most realistic replies to the post..

Finally I feel that someone understands the situations of coverts..

But I would go one step further and say DEFINITELY try fasting..try doing everything-AS MUCH AS YOU CAN-...atleast have an honest intention (niyaah) in ur heart...and give it ur best...until there is NO CHOICE left but to eat (if forcing etc) and if u think they will get suspicious etc...then quietly eat it. Inspite of the ruling the Aalima told me, id still prefer to do a Qada anyway..have been doing it every year for whtever fasts I broke coz of parents (Though didnt know the rule before)..but still

Take care..

Edited by IFK

IFK - chill out, most, if not all, of us who told the OP to tell her parents are converts too. And our advice was to this particular person, not to you. Everyone's situation IS different and so that is why our replies are different than what we would say to you. In the West rarely would there be a fear of actual danger for coming out to our parents (of course there are exceptions though). We are not living in a situation where Islam and the religion of our parents have been at a violent and bloody battle for centuries. There is no need to be insulted because all of our advice was directed at someone who, as far as we could see, was in a similar situation to the rest of us at one point and that is why we advised her how we did. Anyway, taqiyya with a valid reason is a completely different situation than simply hiding for other reasons. May Allah make it easy on you; you will be in my duas. I was fortunate only to have an upset mother, who eventually came around after a couple years alhamdulillah.

OP - it's been months and i haven't seen a reply to this. How did your fasting go? Have you been able to tell your parents yet that you are Muslim?

Edited by bi_ithnillaah

Asalamu Allaikum 

I have the same problem in my home.I know it will very difficult to fast secretly. And also I don't have school days in the month of Ramadan and in school days also my friends won't let me fast because they don't know I'm converted.I want to fast but secretly. Please suggest me some ways to fast in school and home.

On 7/10/2011 at 6:15 AM, islamicrose28 said:

(salam)

I'm a recent convert to Islam alhamdulilah, and nchallah this Ramadan will be my first since I converted.

The problem is that I live at home with my parents, and I'm living my life as a Muslimah in secret since my parents (who are christians) are very suspicious about me and they H A T E everything related to Islam :( . I know that they know when Ramadan is (we're middle-eastern) and I know they'll make sure I eat every day. I really want to fast and since it's obligatory, I'm afraid to commit a very big sin by not fasting and I don't know what to do!! :( I'll try my best to fast, but I don't want to get caught.

What do you suggest me? Should I take a chance and fast and leave the rest to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى or should I make up my missed fast a couple of weeks after ramadan a few days at a time?

Thanks for your answers!!!

(wasalam)

Look into what God tells us in regard of obeying parents, to what extent.
Then continue bravely and rely on Him
peace