Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Englisi

Football (Soccer) Thread - 2011/2012 Season

Bismillah Hirahman Nir Raheem

@)

wa howa khairul nasiril wa moien

asdaqull qa'ileen...

AHEM

(salam)

Our topic for now Brothers and Sisters is the ever so Important summer transfers, as you all know the windows are open and its time for fresh air to come in and the bad odous from within to leave (thats my erfani interprettion of the usuage of the word..window), anyways, if only it was like that, but unfortunately its not. This time is usually extremely frustrating and you find your self shouting and swearing at the TV?computer screen at the manager of your team, or gleeing in delightment (not sure if thats a word). So anyways. to cut my long lecture short, this thread is for you all to share and discuss the latest summer transfers IN FOOTBALL, we dont want to make this thread najis with basketbal/baseball/nfl talk, and we dont care about the other sports for now. (the 'we' is a 'royal we').

so here goes, ill just mention the transfer deals or possiblities of the top 4 teams in the premiership from last season.

so to be fair, although as much as it hurts me, i will begin from top down :cry:

oh, nice, while searching i found a site thats done all the hard work in a formatted manner, so i will copy and paste.

Manchester United (the lal shaitaans :mad: )

IN

David De Gea (Atletico Madrid, £17.8m), Phil Jones (Blackburn, £16.5m), Ashley Young (Aston Villa, £16m)

OUT

Bebe (Besiktas, loan), Ritchie De Laet (Norwich, loan), Owen Hargreaves (released), Paul Scholes (retired), Edwin van der Sar (retired)

All i can say is..FINALLY! like really, if van der sar had played any longer they would have had to bury him between his goal posts! and scholes, am so happy to see him go, too inconsistent in my opinion.

Although hargreaves worked like a donkey, i dont think the premierships is for him.

Also rumor has it that they want to sign Wesley Sneijder, but i dont see that ahappening. Also it would mean putting other players further down the bench, like Nani.

anyways, i dont want to talk about Man Utd, eugh. :dry:

CHELSEA :sick:

IN

Lucas Piazon (Sao Paulo, undisclosed)

OUT

Jeffrey Bruma (Hamburg, loan), Michael Mancienne (Hamburg, £3m), Michael Woods (released)

BORIINNGGGGGGG

Also apparently they want to go for walcott. :(

MANCHESTER CITY

IN

None

OUT

Patrick Vieira (released), Shaleum Logan (Brentford, free), Javan Vidal (released)

These saqifaies want to go for Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri from Arsenal for 27 million GBP :cry:

ARSENAL :wub:

IN

Carl Jenkinson (Charlton, £1m)

OUT

Tom Cruise (released), Mark Randall (Chesterfield, free)

Apperently he didnt think he was cut out for football, and realised his acting skill wouldnt help him on the field, so he has returned to Hollywood.

Anyways, as i said, the transfer windows can be exciting or very frustrating, for me they have been a nightmare since we may possibly loose half our squad because of our [Edited Out] manager, its to painful to talk about :( Also i wish the clown wouldnt sell our players to fellow title contendors :squeez:

One peice of news that made me smile, only because im Shia, and it has nothing to do with the player, just his name..

NEWCASTLE

IN

Sylvain Marveaux (Rennes, free), Mehdi Abeid (Lens, undisclosed), Yohan Cabaye (Lille, £4.3m), Demba Ba (West Ham, free),

OUT

Kevin Nolan (West Ham, £4m), Sol Campbell (released), Shefki Kuqi (released), Ben Tozer (Northampton, free)

Its nice to see more muslims (or muslim names) in the premiership, although i hope he doesnt disgrace the name or rligion.

Also, it was also time that Sol Campbell was dropped, i feel his days are numbered.

That is all, i leave with you two light things, the sports news and google, use them properly!

wasalam alaikum wa rahmatullah

wa akhiratudawana wa lillah il hamd

:angel:

Arsenal. Although if we have another rubbish season, i may just give up on premiership all togeather, like i have with cricket.

LOL!

You are going down the pan. You will get big bucks for Fabregas/Nasri/Clichy (around £50-60 million for all 3) but Wenger won't spend it on big names.

Edited by Replicant

I think wenger is a tight-ass jew. Before i thought he was 'smart' and 'economical', especially because of his acedemic qualifications, but now i realise we just need a new manager. So many of our good players actually have no more desire to stay at the club :( lol ill stop there before things get to emotional.

I think wenger is a tight-ass jew. Before i thought he was 'smart' and 'economical', especially because of his acedemic qualifications, but now i realise we just need a new manager. So many of our good players actually have no more desire to stay at the club :( lol ill stop there before things get to emotional.

It will be hard to imagine Arsenal without Wenger, but sometimes change is the best way forward. I think next season will make or break him. But I don't consider Arsenal a force anymore (the way they are going).

We sold Clichey to Man City for 7 million, it seems Nasri will most likely go there too, so thats another 19 million, that will up their chances in the champions league, they will have some players with experience, which is important since its their first time with the Big Boys.

Lierpool are still trying to buy Stewart Downing from Villa for 15 million, was dissapointing to see them do so badly this season, especially i cant stand to support Man Utd or Chelsea, though i will applaud good football where i see it.

And yeh, i think Arsenal have lost their Auro and Rep to a big extent because of the last few not so impressive/consistent seasons.

Arsenal has some ways to go.

I think the best option is like Sweet said, get rid of Wenger and get someone better.

He has this terrible obsession with French players; particularly overrated French wingbacks that can't defend well.

Arsenal has some ways to go.

I think the best option is like Sweet said, get rid of Wenger and get someone better.

He has this terrible obsession with French players; particularly overrated French wingbacks that can't defend well.

He's too stubborn. Although if he leaves, he'll probably walk into any of the top teams in the world. I also don't know who would replace him at Arsenal. They are deteriorating slowly.

Who's the fool Liverpool just signed?

Some kid named Charlie Adam????

What the hell is Dalglish doing?

A player who was nominated for PFA Player of the Year? A player United and Spurs were also after? The guy who about Alex Ferguson said "his corners alone are worth £10 million"?

Judging from that, I don't think it's too fair to call him a fool, he's a good player.

Not the complete package, needs to work on his fitness and posession play, but at around £7 million, he's a bargain for us and will give Liverpool an option we haven't had since Xabi Alonso left (he's obvioulsy nowhere near as good as Xabi, but his passing range is one of the best around). If we paid over £10 million, then I would have been a bit annoyed, but we got a good price that isn't risky.

No guarantee he will be a success with us, but then again who is? Some of the best players flop when they move clubs and some of the worst players turn good when they move clubs. There is no manager better than Kenny Dalgish to bring the best out of Adam because King Kenny is known to bring the best out of any player (if anyone can make Jay Spearing, Maxi Rodriguez and Lucas Leiva improve as much as they did last season, he deserves credit).

I am just glad that the people Liverpool are signing are better than what we already have. If they were the same quality or worse, then I would be worried. Charlie Adam is better than Christian Poulsen (who needs to be shot) and will make our team better, even though he's not the most "exciting" player in the world.

Edited by Replicant

A player who was nominated for PFA Player of the Year? A player United and Spurs were also after? The guy who about Alex Ferguson said "his corners alone are worth £10 million"?

Judging from that, I don't think it's too fair to call him a fool, he's a good player.

Not the complete package, needs to work on his fitness and posession play, but at around £7 million, he's a bargain for us and will give Liverpool an option we haven't had since Xabi Alonso left (he's obvioulsy nowhere near as good as Xabi, but his passing range is one of the best around). If we paid over £10 million, then I would have been a bit annoyed, but we got a good price that isn't risky.

No guarantee he will be a success with us, but then again who is? Some of the best players flop when they move clubs and some of the worst players turn good when they move clubs. There is no manager better than Kenny Dalgish to bring the best out of Adam because King Kenny is known to bring the best out of any player (if anyone can make Jay Spearing, Maxi Rodriguez and Lucas Leiva improve as much as they did last season, he deserves credit).

I am just glad that the people Liverpool are signing are better than what we already have. If they were the same quality or worse, then I would be worried. Charlie Adam is better than Christian Poulsen (who needs to be shot) and will make our team better, even though he's not the most "exciting" player in the world.

Hehehehe

So when he is sitting on the bench rotting, I will bump this thread and laugh again!

:lol:

Edited by La fata illa Ali

It seems like the El Classicos are going to get even MORE competitive.

I remember two years ago it felt one sided with Barcelona dominating Real Madrid.

Then last year Real Madrid made things more interesting by at least getting a draw and a win, not conceding defeat entirely in all the legs.

Now, Mourinho, wants to step things up a notch by already acquiring Nuri Sahin and Fabio Coentrao.

Both, IMHO, were strong signs. Raphael Varane might be promising. Jose Callejon I know nothing about.

And as for Altintop, they pretty much got a creative veteran for free. But I'm not sure if he can help that much.

Edited by ShiaBen

(salam)

Football is boring 2 watch :dry:

how dare you... how DARE you...

yeh its boring ill play it any day any time any place any year any morning any night time any sunday... though lol

how dare you... how DARE you...

yeh its boring ill play it any day any time any place any year any morning any night time any sunday... though lol

loooooool i dont mind fifa dats fun and playing it in real life is alright but watching it is just boring

loooooool i dont mind fifa dats fun and playing it in real life is alright but watching it is just boring

SD u are trolling. Please we are talking serious business here.

Tevez a no go to Corinthains????

What is next for Tevez

And

Will Aguero go to City???

SD u are trolling. Please we are talking serious business here.

Tevez a no go to Corinthains????

What is next for Tevez

And

Will Aguero go to City???

Hey im not trolling i like football transfers but i just dont like football

I reckon tevez isnt gonna go anywhere he keeps saying he wants to go mancini says if he stays for another 3 years then he will let him go 2 argentina etc.. i reckon in the end he is gonna end up staying there

Any new news on any1 who has been bought/loaned by liverpool ?

I'm a Chelsea fan, but ever since Torres came over from your sorry a** club, it has gone downwards with Drogba. The Ivorian Bull used to be lighting combined with power. Now all of a sudden he's whack a toast!? Torres carries a curse. The world cup was a disaster for him, man he even got subbed by Llorente, who is the Spanish version of Crouch. (Also an ex-Liverpool disaster) Remember when Torres dived as if he got shot?

Please write a letter to the Chairman of Liverpool and ask him to get back Torres, Crouch and o yeah... Bellamy is already back. You already sent the message?

Chelsea > Liva - ANY Day

I'm a Chelsea fan, but ever since Torres came over from your sorry a** club, it has gone downwards with Drogba. The Ivorian Bull used to be lighting combined with power. Now all of a sudden he's whack a toast!? Torres carries a curse. The world cup was a disaster for him, man he even got subbed by Llorente, who is the Spanish version of Crouch. (Also an ex-Liverpool disaster) Remember when Torres dived as if he got shot?

Please write a letter to the Chairman of Liverpool and ask him to get back Torres, Crouch and o yeah... Bellamy is already back. You already sent the message?

Chelsea > Liva - ANY Day

LOL!

1. You can keep the Torres curse since you paid £50m for him! You won't win a cup whilst he's there. He broke my heart and I never want him back - Suarez seems to be turning out better. Don't worry, Meireles will also rot at Chelsea, so Torres will have a partner.

2. I've always liked Peter Crouch and liked him when he was here. Nothing wrong with him.

3. Bellamy might be the shrewdest signing of the Summer.

Chelsea aren't in the same league as Liverpool. We have history, you don't. We have tradition, you don't. It's quite worrying when you have to hand out free flags to the fans in order to create an atmosphere! Once you win 18 leagues and 5 European cups, then you can boast.

We'll see though. I really like AVB, I wanted him to be Liverpool manager if King Kenny didn't. I thought AVB would take the league by storm, but he's had a difficult start. Chelsea's defence looks shocking. You've sign Juan Mata though, cracking player.

Edited by Replicant

The giggling finally subsided about 3 hours ago. It's been happening for 5 days straight. Ever since the man u suck vs arsenal got arsened match.

But then what do you expect when you agree to sign up benayoun, you're destined for eminent curse, which is why it was such a relief we got rid of him.

Guest EndlessEndeavor

Replicant, I told you we play so much better without Carroll :P

Anyway, great thread, and I for sure will be involved here throughout the course of this exciting season :D

Yeah mate, how is your history working out in present days. Cuz I dont see any results. Every game between Chelsea and Liverpool in the past 5 years were won by the Blues (most of the games) Also the most important games!!

Chelsea did not get to see a European Title because; either the ref was a bald headed freak or John Terry had to slip. As if he couldn't slip another day. Twice it could've been on for Chelsea. The results in the European matches for Liverpool are horror. If I may ask: Are you even qualified for this season's Champions League?

Juan Mata is just a tool to make Torres feel competition, because they both are Compadres of Spain. This is a last move by the Russian to pep up Torres and to get him back in form. If this mission fails, the Russian will have him terminated.

From Russia with Love

The giggling finally subsided about 3 hours ago. It's been happening for 5 days straight. Ever since the man u suck vs arsenal got arsened match.

That was hard to watch and I'm not even an Arsenal fan. It was like shooting an animal whilst it's down.

Replicant, I told you we play so much better without Carroll :P

Anyway, great thread, and I for sure will be involved here throughout the course of this exciting season :D

Yes, my fellow scouser is here!

Yeah mate, how is your history working out in present days. Cuz I dont see any results. Every game between Chelsea and Liverpool in the past 5 years were won by the Blues (most of the games) Also the most important games!!

Chelsea did not get to see a European Title because; either the ref was a bald headed freak or John Terry had to slip. As if he couldn't slip another day. Twice it could've been on for Chelsea. The results in the European matches for Liverpool are horror. If I may ask: Are you even qualified for this season's Champions League?

Juan Mata is just a tool to make Torres feel competition, because they both are Compadres of Spain. This is a last move by the Russian to pep up Torres and to get him back in form. If this mission fails, the Russian will have him terminated.

From Russia with Love

Really? Last time I checked, we beat you both times last season - and you bought both players that scored!

Cudda, shudda, wudda. That fact is, you have no euro stars above your badge.

We've had a bad patch like every club has. Chelsea have never been up there until they bought more or less success (but can't complain really, if a billionaire bought Liverpool, I wouldn't be complaining).

We'll be up there this season (as we are now, above Chelsea), whilst Alex gets barged off the ball by people like Shane Long all season.

To be fair though, Chelsea is the team I hated the least out of our rivals. However, since Torres went there, I've hated them but laugh at the same time as to how badly they got ripped off with the Torres deal!

Edited by Replicant

either the ref was a bald headed freak or John Terry had to slip.

Abramovich is a nasty zio, he chose chelsea coz they're blue-and-white, that's why chelsea are an epic FAIL. Who in their right mind chooses to get rid of mourinho, and keep dogbaba, seriously?!?!?

Guest EndlessEndeavor

Every game between Chelsea and Liverpool in the past 5 years were won by the Blues (most of the games) Also the most important games!!

From Russia with Love

Liverpool done the double over chelski last season. I also seem to recall we knocked you out twice in champions league semi finals ;)

Didn't sleep for a week after that final against Milan.

What a beautiful period in my life.

2008 and 2009, you tasted our wrath. Since then: You guys never entered the Champions League.

Blame it on Benitez.

Benitez = LFC legend and I want him back when Kenny retires.

Sign in to follow this