Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Iraq War Is Even More Depressing To Me Now

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I'm an American, a new revert, and was fairly ignorant about Islam until this year.

I remember the bombing of the Golden Mosque and at the time (2006) I thought well, it's another mosque being blown up, one of many such attacks. Certainly a tragedy.

But now that I have read and learned more, I can comprehend more the full horror. As one of the holiest sites in Shia Islam, the attack was clearly done to incite Sunni-Shia violence and conflict.

I am not the most educated Muslim on the planet and I have so much to learn, but truly, is it not extremely evil for one Muslim to try to incite another into violence and hatred against another Muslim? That is a perspective I never had until recently and it truly sickens me and makes me very sad.

I apologize if I have said something that is political bad or awkward. I do not truly and fully understand all the differences between Sunni and Shia, but I believe both are Muslims and to try to incite one against the other is gravely evil.

• Advanced Member

Salam, congrats on the conversion.

The "golden mosque" you speak of is the Shrine of Imam al-Askari and al-Hadi (as). It was truly a tragedy, but don't assume it's just a coincidence that happens once. Read more about the history of Shi'i Muslims and our Imams (as). You'll noticed that throughout the 1400 years after the death of our beloved Prophet (pbuh), the Ahlulbayt (as) followers have been oppressed, slaughtered, and falsely propagandized against. This bombing is just another example of the hatred against Shi'a Islam. To understand this completely, you must give up the belief that Islamic History is perfectly laid out, happy, and peaceful, and that Muslims are all united. Islam, originally, was like this. However, conflicts over the caliph and greed resulted in the tearing of the Islamic Nation.

The so-called Muslims that bombed the shrine are known as Wahhabis, or Salafis, who originated from Abu Sufyan (la)--the staunchest enemy of Islam during the Prophet's time-- and Muawiya (la)--possibly the most evil man to walk the earth. He waged war on Imam Ali (the first Imam) during his time as caliphate, and eventually led to his death. Along with slaughter thousands of the Followers of Ali and inciting hatred towards Ahlulbayt (as) in the Ummah, he also started the Umayyad Dynasty, where the Tragedy of Karbala resulted from. The Salafis propagate, mostly to the Sunni audience, that the Shi'a of Ahlulbayt (as) are complete kufr (disbelievers), mushriks (polytheists), and basically anything else you can think of. Above all that, they denounce the merits of Ahlulbayt (as) and hide the truth through any means possible (and by any means, I mean it.) They go from suicide bombing (becoming more daily in the Shi'a flourished country of Iraq) to genocide (especially in Bahrain, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia), all in the name of Allah سبحانه وتعالى. They have no limits. They assume that they're right and all others are wrong. Worse, they believe in the obligation of murdering "infidels", which is where that form Islamic Criticism comes from (sadly, it's mostly true).\

Study and learn about them, but hopefully you'll stay away from them.

Edited by Jay
  • Advanced Member

The US/British/Russian bankrolled Iraqi invasion of Iran (1980 - 1988), and the subsequent 500,000 Iranians who died, because Iran was a peaceful company and so did not have a large military, is even more depressing IMO.

This is partly because it is not a commonly accepted fact that the Iraq/Iran war was caused by western interests to steal oil, whereas at least that is a commonly accepted fact about the current occupation of Iraq.

Edited by Hellfire Toothfairy
Guest Stefan

Iran is arming Shia militias in Iraq

"James F. Jeffrey, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, said Tuesday that fresh forensic testing on weapons used in the latest deadly attacks in the country bolsters assertions by U.S. officials that Iran is supporting Iraqi insurgents with new weapons and training."

"In some cases, insurgents made no effort to remove from the weapons identification numbers suggesting that they came from Iran, “which in itself is troubling,” Jeffrey said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/war-zones/weapons-prove-iranian-role-in-iraq-us-says/2011/07/05/gHQAUnkmzH_story.html?hpid=z10

Edited by Stefan
  • Advanced Member

Yeah, between the invasion, support for all sorts of Iraqi groups in and out of the government, to say nothing of the war, I don't think the US has much room to point fingers when it comes to interfering in Iraqi politics. Whatever you think of the war, you can hardly argue it wasn't interfering in Iraqi politics. I don't know if I think it 'wrong' to interfere though. Governments do it all the time and I don't see that much harm in it. Client states and groups have been around since the Sumerians and it seems pretty pointless to condemn it out of hand. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend temporarily useful. The US and Iran collaborated against the Taliban, and also against the USSR back in the 1980's. The US and USSR allied against Hitler. Tito courted the West against Stalin. The list goes on and on. It's just how the game is played.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Meh, rhetoric aside I have seen little evidence that the US cares very deeply about Iraq's infrastructure or that it is capable of fixing a countries infrastructure if it wants to, for that matter. Just look at the pathetic rebuilding efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unwilling or unable or both, at the end of the day it hardly matters which. It's all politics. But I don't think Iraq will be the site of a real proxy war between the US and Iran, not on a large scale. This is just petty skirmishing so Shia parties can build their often lackluster 'resistance' credentials and let the US know that it will have a real fight if it stays. Iran has already won and there is not much the US can do about it, hence no war.

• Site Administrators

Nasrallah spoke about the agenda behind the attack on the great Mosques.

It's rebuilding is mostly complete thanks to Iranian funding.

Iraq had caught the Tunisian terrorist that was amongst those responsible and has hanged him. The Saudi funded Terrorist tied up the Sunni guards of the great Mosques before murdering them.

He was funded by Saudi Terror leaders to cause Sectarian violence.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=143445&l=1

"Iraq’s Presidency ratifies death sentence against Tunisian, involved in destruction of Shiite Tomb"

sunday meet the press with tim russert(dead now) interviews collin Powell who gets censorsed by his own chief assistant. And you guys wonder why he resigned from office. America forigen policy is nothing but lies and satanic actions, stop the wars its all a fraud. By the way i watched this interview back in 2004 but it has purposley been removed from every news source in the world. MEDIA WARFARE AT THE PENTAGON IS OUT OF CONTROL

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/8m7r7p/colin-powell-speaks-his-mind

Edited by crazysb235
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

The US bombed the golden dome to spark of the civil war in Iraq, everybody knows that. Whilst i think it disgusting, i suggest you consider the fact that they used inriched uranium shells in fallujah resulting in birth defects in many generations to come, it's for that that you should be sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

I'm an American, a new revert, and was fairly ignorant about Islam until this year.

I remember the bombing of the Golden Mosque and at the time (2006) I thought well, it's another mosque being blown up, one of many such attacks. Certainly a tragedy.

But now that I have read and learned more, I can comprehend more the full horror. As one of the holiest sites in Shia Islam, the attack was clearly done to incite Sunni-Shia violence and conflict.

I am not the most educated Muslim on the planet and I have so much to learn, but truly, is it not extremely evil for one Muslim to try to incite another into violence and hatred against another Muslim? That is a perspective I never had until recently and it truly sickens me and makes me very sad.

I apologize if I have said something that is political bad or awkward. I do not truly and fully understand all the differences between Sunni and Shia, but I believe both are Muslims and to try to incite one against the other is gravely evil.

Hello Dipped in Jannah,

The War in Iraq saddens me too. I very much wish that my country, the USA, had not invaded either Afghanistan or Iraq, but rather just strengthened the USA's defenses.

People trying to get revenge is a tragedy that only leaves broken hearts, widows and orphans. :(

Peace and God bless you

Iran is arming Shia militias in Iraq

"James F. Jeffrey, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, said Tuesday that fresh forensic testing on weapons used in the latest deadly attacks in the country bolsters assertions by U.S. officials that Iran is supporting Iraqi insurgents with new weapons and training."

"In some cases, insurgents made no effort to remove from the weapons identification numbers suggesting that they came from Iran, “which in itself is troubling,” Jeffrey said."

http://www.washingto...y.html?hpid=z10

I don't doubt for a moment that that is true.

But what I also don't doubt, is the remarkable patience Iran has shown towards Iraq (the Ba'ath, the Wahhabis, and the Americans). Iran could have killed THOUSANDS of American troops, could have told the Badr Organization to bomb mosques, could have done a lot more than they did.

Shias are being slaughtered by cowards with bombs, the very least we can expect is the arming of militia groups.