Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Nad E Ali Authentic?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

I think that in the view of Sayyid Koei, and some other maraja, it is not authentic in terms of it's chain of narrations:

Question:

What is the origin of the supplication Nadey Ali? When was it first recited, by whom and in what circumstances. Also, if you could provide references with your reply, I would be very grateful.

Answer:

NAdey Ali Mazharal Ajaib..... is a small Dua which, like all other Duas, have come down to us through a chain of narrators. This Dua like a hadith has to undergo a treatment with the Maraji who would then be the best judge to the authenticity of the Dua.

With regards to Nadey Ali, Ayatullah Khui (ra) responded to a question answering that the Riwayat (tradition) is not established as authentic in his view.

I have the original of this question and answer in Arabic and perhaps this could be the very reason that Shaykh Abbas Al-Qummi (ra) chose not to include this in Mafatihul Jinaan.

Wallaahu A'Alam

Wassalaamu Alaykum,

Mustafa

http://www.al-islam.org/Organizations/Aalimnetwork/msg00061.html

In fact, it might not even have a chain at all, according to some posters on the thread

Apparently the last sentence of the dua is considered especially suspect:

Just look at the footnote of Bihar where the du`a is found...:

( 1 ) الجملة الاخيرة فيها غرابة ولا تلائم سابقها ، والظاهر أنها من زيادة بعض الجهلة ، او الصوفية المضلة الذين يزعمون أن هذه الجملات تكون دعاء فيذكرونها وردا وذكرا ، غفلة عن معناها ، بل بعضهم يرون للمداومة على ذكرها فضيلة ليست للصلاة ، حفظنا الله عن البدع واتباع الاهوا

"In the last sentence there is some strangeness, and it does not suit what preceded it. What is apparent is that it is an addition from some of the ignorant, or the straying Sufis that claim these sentences are du`a, heedless of its meaning. Rather, some of them relate for constantly reciting it virtue that is not (even) for salat. May Allah guard us from innovation and the following of caprice."

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=234952883&view=findpost& p=1762732.

Edited by Haider Husayn
  • Site Administrators

Response from Ahl-ul-bayt World Assembly regarding the authenticity of Naad-e-Ali:

===============

In the Name of Allah, the Almighty

Brother Syed Abbas Raza

Salamun 'alaykum

Re: Your Question about Naad e Ali (as) through your Email dated 08 December

Your answer is attached (MS-WORD file)

Also hereunder you can see the answer.

The Ahlul-Bayt World Assembly

Sorry indeed for late reply.

In response to your question, please note:

The long supplication, which is known as Naad e Ali, cannot be found in our authentic Shiite resources. However, in the Ziarat addressed to Imam Ali, we read: Assalamu alaika ya mazhar al-Ajaeb wa al-ayat "ÇáÓáÇã Úáی˜ یÇ

ãÙåÑ ÇáÚÌÇÆÈ æ ÇáÇیÇÊ". So, Mazharal-Ajaeb is one of the attributes of Imam Ali .

In some Shiite resources, too, a part of this supplication has been quoted (i.e. Naad e Aliyan mazharil-Ajaeb ..äÇÏ ÚáیÇð ãÙåÑ ÇáÚÌÇÆÈ...) ) . For example, in famous book Bihar

al-Anwar by Allamah Majlesi, vol.20 , page 72 – 73:

"Many people (from Muslim troops) at the battle of Uhud fled, but Imam Ali stood and resisted. Steadfastness of Imam Ali in that situation was wonderful. On that day, Archangel Gabriel (Jabrail), while ascending to the heavens, said: "There is no valiant warrior, but Ali and there is no sword but Zulfaqar (sword of Imam Ali). áÇ ÝÊی ÇáÇ Úáی áÇ ÓیÝ ÇáÇ ÐæÇáÝÞÇÑ"

It is said that the holy Prophet (s) is called on that day to: Naad e Ali (meaning: Call Ali!) who is the manifestation of wonders. You shall find him a good assistant in difficult conditions! Any grief or difficulty shall be removed

by your guardianship, O Ali! O Ali! O Ali!

{ äÇÏ ÚáیÇð ãÙåÑ ÇáÚÌÇÆÈ! ÊÌÏå ÚæäÇð ᘠÝی ÇáäæÇÆÈ! ˜á Ûã æ åã ÓیäÌáی ÈæáÇیʘ

یÇ Úáی یÇ Úáی یÇ Úáی}

Such concepts are mentioned in other books as well, including:

a) Jami ' Ahadithe al – shi'ah ÌÇãÚ ÇáÇÍÇÏیË ÇáÔیÚå by Ayatollah Borujerdi

b.)Al–Misbah ÇáãÕÈÇÍ by al–Kaf'ami

c) Sharh Ihqaq al–Haq ÔÑÍ ÇÍÞÇÞ ÇáÍÞ

A number of Shiite Ulema (Grand Ayatollahs), too, have confirmed this part of Naad e Ali. One of these Ulema was the late Ayatollah Syed Abdul-Karim Kashmiri (died in Qom in 1999). He said:

"I have received many blessings from Naad e Ali. When I lived in holy Najaf, as soon as there came up a difficulty or suffering for me, I went to the Holy Shrine of Imam Ali (as) and recited Naad e Ali several times. After that, my problem was solved…"

Ayatollah Kashmiri used to recite Naad e Ali as follows:

" äÇÏ ÚáیÇ ãÙåÑ ÇáÚÌÇÆÈ¡ ÊÌÏå ÚæäÇ á˜ Ýی ÇáäæÇÆÈ¡ ˜á åã æ Ûã ÓیäÌáی¡ ÈæáÇیʘ

یÇ Úáی یÇ Úáی یÇ Úáی¡ یÇ ÇÈÇ ÇáÛæË ÇÛËäی¡ یÇ æáی Çááå ÇÏјäی¡ ÈáØݘ ÇáÎÝی¡ áÇ

Çáå ÇáÇ ÇäÊþÓÈÍÇä˜ Çäی ˜äÊ ãä ÇáÙÇáãیä"

NOTE: The last part of Naad e Ali above:

áÇ Çáå ÇáÇ ÇäÊþÓÈÍÇä˜ Çäی ˜äÊ ãä ÇáÙÇáãیä

should be addressed to Almighty Allah (not to Imam Ali)

• Advanced Member

^^^

What does 'authentic' even mean in the context of a du'ah? You or I could formulate one right now and, providing it's content is 'correct' then the du'ah is valid.

I'm watching you Malik Hussain. All over this section of ShiaChat you've been trying to sow the seeds of doubt about certain aspects of established Shia'h practices.

If gambling were allowed I'd wager you're a non-Shi'ah using a smarter tack than the usual Nasibi/Najdi Internet warrior.

ALI

• Advanced Member

can someone provide me with stamped fatwas of mujtahideen of present time that naade ali is not authentic??

Thanks bro inshallah, however, I think no one can decide this matter so easily. Naade ali is part of our blood and calling Ali a.s. is no shirk for Muwahideen.

What does 'authentic' even mean in the context of a du'ah? You or I could formulate one right now and, providing it's content is 'correct' then the du'ah is valid.

Usually when we say that a hadeeth, even if that hadeeth contains a dua, is authentic, we mean the hadeeth has been transmitted to us through a chain of reliable narrators, thus we are certain of the dua originating with a ma`soom (infallible person). Whereas when some people in this thread say "authentic", they refer to some parts of the content of the dua being factually true, even if the ma`soom wasn't the one who said that part of the dua.

can someone provide me with stamped fatwas of mujtahideen of present time that naade ali is not authentic??

http://www.al-islam....k/msg00061.html (secondary source)

There is no sanad (chain) for the dua so no-one could call it authentic by the standards of ilm ar-rijaal, etc. (source: )

(wasalam)

Edited by Yasoob Al Deen
  • Advanced Member

^^^

I'm watching you Malik Hussain. All over this section of ShiaChat you've been trying to sow the seeds of doubt about certain aspects of established Shia'h practices.

If gambling were allowed I'd wager you're a non-Shi'ah using a smarter tack than the usual Nasibi/Najdi Internet warrior.

ALI

oh just keep your mouth shut if you don't have answer and please don't reply on my posts if you cant have proper answer i am here to remove my doubts not to fight with maniacs like you!

Usually when we say that a hadeeth, even if that hadeeth contains a dua, is authentic, we mean the hadeeth has been transmitted to us through a chain of reliable narrators, thus we are certain of the dua originating with a ma`soom (infallible person). Whereas when some people in this thread say "authentic", they refer to some parts of the content of the dua being factually true, even if the ma`soom wasn't the one who said that part of the dua.

http://www.al-islam....k/msg00061.html (secondary source)

There is no sanad (chain) for the dua so no-one could call it authentic by the standards of ilm ar-rijaal, etc. (source: )

(wasalam)

thanks for the references

Edited by Malik Hassan
  • Advanced Member

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm here is the translation

BISMILLA-HIR RAHMA-NIR RAHIM

(In the Name of Allah, the All-merciful, the All-compassionate)

NADE ALI-YAN MAZHARAL AJAA’IB, TAJID-HO AVNAL-LAKA FIN NAVAA’IB KOOLLO HAMMIN WA GHAMMIN ILAL-LAHE HAJATI WA ALAI-HE MO’ AV-VALI KOOL-LE-MA RA-MAITO MOTA-QAZI FIL-LAHE YA-DOOL-LAHE VALI-YOOL-LAHE LEE AD’OOKA KOOLLE HAM’MIN WA GHAM’MIN SA-YAN-JALI BE AZMATEKA YA Allah-HO BE NABOO-VATEKA YA MOHAMMAD SAL-LAL-LAHO ALAI-HE WA AALEHI WA’SALLAM BE VILA-YA-TEKA YA ALI-YO, YA-ALI-YO, YA ALI-YO ADRIKNI

(Call Ali, who is Manifestor of wonders, Thou shall surely find him helper in your difficulties, all grief and sorrow shall be removed. I submit my temporal wishes to Thee on whom I trust and always referred Thee to bestow fulfillment of temporal wishes. O! Having Thee bestowed support, O! Thee Appointed Wali, All grief and Sorrows will disappear, By Thee by Thy tremendousness O! Lord, By Thee by Thy Apostleship O! Muhammad, - Blessings of Thee on Thy Apostle & descendants, By Thee by Thy granted Power & Authority of Wail, O! Ali, O Ali, O! Ali Help!)

BE HAQQE LOOTFEKAL-KHA’FIAY Allah’HO AKBAR, Allah ‘HO AKBAR Allah’HO AKBAR ANA MIN SHARRE A’DAA’EKA BARIYOON , ALLAHO SAMADI WA ALEY-KA MOTAMADI BE HAQQE IYYAKA NA’BODO WA IYYAKA NASTA’EEN

(O! Ali for Thee granted eternal hidden grants to you, Help! Allah the Almighty is Supreme, Allah the Almighty is supreme, Allah the Almighty is supreme, I am relieved from the enmity of (your) enemies. Thee is Eternal, Absolute; I have trust in Thee, By that truth, Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech help.)

YA ABAL GHAISE AGHASINI YA ALI YO ADRIKNI YA QAHERAL ADUV-VEY YA WALIYAL WALIYE YA MAZAHRAL AJAA’EBE YA MURTAZA ALIYO YA QAH-HARO TA-QAH-HARTA BIL QAHRO VAL QAHRO FEE QAHRE QAH-REKA YA QAH-HARO YA ZAL BATSISH SHADEEDEY ANTAL KAHERUL JABBRUL MOHLEKUL MUNTA’QEYMUL QVEE-UL LAZI LA YUTAAQOO INTEQ’AMOHU

(O! Helper of the Seekers of help!, O! Ali help!, O! Mighty all winner over enemies, O! Eternal Leaders of the Leaders, O! Manifestor of Wonders, O! The Chosen one, O! Mighty and Powerful, O! Mighty, Valiant, Chivalrous Able oppressor of antagonists Might & Valour is yours, O! Powerful combater, You are mighty and Irresistible, Such a Powerful & Strong avenger that none is capable to resist nor keeps power to revenge)

WA UF-FAW-WE-ZOO AMRI ILLALAHE INAL-LAHA BASEERUM BIL IBADE WA ILLAHOKUM ILLAHU’WN WAHE’DUN LA-ILAHA ILLA HO-WER RAHMANUR RAHEMO HAS-BE-YAL-LAA- HO WA- NAIMAL-WAKEELO NAIMAL MAULA WA NAIMAL NASEERO YA-GHE-YA-SAL MOOS-TAGEESEENA AGHIS’NI YA ARHAMAR-MASAKEENA IRHAMANI YA ALI-YO ADRIKNI, YA ALI-YO ADRIKNIU BE REHMATEKA WA MAN-NEKA WA JOODEKA YA ARHAMAR RAHEMEEN Alla-Homma So’alle Ala Mohammadin Wa Aale Mohammad.

(I submit my temporal wishes to Thee, The supreme, No doubt Thy is All Knowing O! People, There is no God except Allah The Supreme, The Merciful, The Beneficent O! Allah, Thy is sufficient, The best Governor, The best Master, The best Helper. O! Helper of seekers of help and bereft, O! The Merciful helper of poor, Come for Help! O! Ali Help! O! Ali Help! , O! Thee by Thy Mercy, by Thy Favour, by Thy Goodness of rewarding, (Help) O! Thee The Merciful and The Most Gracious.

O! Allah Bless Mohammed and his progeny.)

Edited by asharp
  • Advanced Member

If I may, would you please define authentic?

i meant to say that has it been passed down to us from any imam a.s or any imam a.s has been cited reading this supplication in our books of hadith?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...