Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
asharp

What Does Ya Ali Madad Mean

Rate this topic

When you say Ya Ali Or Ya Ali Madad I want to know what you mean............... I think some Shias are getting confused and this is very dangerous.

PS

Why not Ya Mohammad????????? Or Ya Isa? Or Ya Musa?

Edited by asharp

Well, I might think of a saint like Maryam (as), mother of Isa (pbuh) for example and might recite "Ya Maryam" as a form of dhikr or perhaps even say a prayer beginning with something along the lines of say "May my guardian angel carry this message to you." In hopes to invoke some sort of intercession. As a form a of dhikr, I feel it gives praise to her while still focusing my mind on a saintly figure who is an example of good behavior that perhaps I can attain some sort of character like that figure.

Ya `Ali Madad is istighatha. The person who says it asks Amir ul-Mu'mineen [a] to convey their du`a requesting help to Allah Who can ultimately fulfill it. Ya Muhammad Madad would be fine too... there are historical reasons for why it isn't done though. Mind you, I'm not a fan of this, but I'm stating fact.

Ya `Ali Madad is istighatha. The person who says it asks Amir ul-Mu'mineen [a] to convey their du`a requesting help to Allah Who can ultimately fulfill it.

exactly that is my answer too

salam.gif

Why are you making this simple question, complex?

"Ya" in Arabic is a word for calling someone, as we have in English "O"...

like in Quran God says to our holy prophet: Ya Ayyuhar rasoul ...or Ya Ayuuhan nabi

there are some words in Arabic which are used before any name which means you want to call them, like : "Ya" , " Ya Ayyuha"(for male), "Ya ayyatuha" (for female)

wassalam

Ultimately it doesn't matter what the peoples desires and views are. We must think ultimately what is Allah(swt) view on this and secondly would the prophet(saaw) or the imam(as) himself approve of this. I think the answer is pretty obvious.

the prophet, imams and Allah would hate for people to say the name of imam ali. its disgusting bida.

I think Ya Ali Madad is thrown around like some sort of a Shi`ah anthem and people just say it because they want to. Besides, I second what Abd AlGhaffar said - the only person I'm asking for to help me is Allaah (swt) only.

qaala _id3uni_ fastajib lakum

Edited by Blissful

Ya `Ali Madad is istighatha. The person who says it asks Amir ul-Mu'mineen [a] to convey their du`a requesting help to Allah Who can ultimately fulfill it. Ya Muhammad Madad would be fine too... there are historical reasons for why it isn't done though. Mind you, I'm not a fan of this, but I'm stating fact.

Leaving aside for a second how this dua is worded, which I think is more important than people try to make out, Is there any proof that Imam Ali (as) can hear these duas from anywhere? I'm pretty much satisfied that the Masumeen (as) can hear our supplications when we visit them at their graves, but it is not clear at all to me why we should assume they can hear us from anywhere.

Could you also give some of the historical reasons why 'Ya Muhammad Madad' isn't said? I would be interested in knowing some of them.

Leaving aside for a second how this dua is worded, which I think is more important than people try to make out, Is there any proof that Imam Ali (as) can hear these duas from anywhere? I'm pretty much satisfied that the Masumeen (as) can hear our supplications when we visit them at their graves, but it is not clear at all to me why we should assume they can hear us from anywhere.

Could you also give some of the historical reasons why 'Ya Muhammad Madad' isn't said? I would be interested in knowing some of them.

good question raised by you brother

Salam,

1. For those who believe that Ali is just merely a human and die long time ago, then calling Ali for help is not acceptable. Please call upon Allah swt through His Holy Names.

2. For those who believe that Ali (as) has a wilayat (given by Allah swt), has authority on his followers, alive spiritually, and Allah swt Holy Names exist in the wilayat.. then call upon Allah swt through that wilayat of Ali (as) is calling upon Allah swt Holy Names.

Everyone has the choice to pick which ever suit his/her belief.

Layman

Salam,

1. For those who believe that Ali is just merely a human and die long time ago, then calling Ali for help is not acceptable. Please call upon Allah swt through His Holy Names.

2. For those who believe that Ali (as) has a wilayat (given by Allah swt), has authority on his followers, alive spiritually, and Allah swt Holy Names exist in the wilayat.. then call upon Allah swt through that wilayat of Ali (as) is calling upon Allah swt Holy Names.

Everyone has the choice to pick which ever suit his/her belief.

Layman

1) only wahabis believe that i guess

2) certainly this one is more realistic and convincing believe but evidence is required to remove the doubts posted above

^^^

I don't have the link/reference to hand but Ya Ali (as) Madad was originally the cry of the sufis (at least in Indo-Pak anyway). I've read a lot of Suhrawardi sufis converted to Shi'ah Islam some time back, if anyone has links/books about this I would love to know so please share.

I understood Ya Ali (as) Madad as a request for intercession to Allah (swt) on my behalf. I think reason Shi'ah use it more then Ya Muhammad (pbuh) for example to emphasise we're Shi'ah of Maula Ali (as) and have believe in our liege-lord's intercession to the Almighty ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Of course sufis use it too at their gatherings but I'm not sure that's as prevalent nowadays?

YA ALI (as) MADAD

ALI

Since I've already posted this several times, I didn't want to do it yet again, but since I have never received a satisfactory response I might as well anyway.

This is why I doubt Imam Ali (as), or any of the other Masumeen (as) can hear us from anywhere unless Allah (swt) specifically allows it:

And I say that the messengers from humanity of Allah, be He exalted, and His prophets and the Imams from his khulafa are contingent created beings, afflictions are attached to them and pleasures occur for them, their bodies are made to grow by food and decreased by the passing of time, death is put (?) for them, and passing away is permitted upon them. And the consensus of the people of tawhid is upon this doctrine. And those belonging to (the heresy of) tafwid (those who believe Allah created the Imams and then delegated the ruling of creation and giving sustenance to the universe to them) and the categories of the ghulat (the exaggerators of the status of the Imams) have opposed us in it.

And as to their sates after death, then they are transferred from (being) under the earth and they dwell, with their bodies and spirits, in a garden of Allah, be He exalted. So they are alive in it, living in enjoyment till the day of death, rejoicing (or, welcoming) whoever follows them (or, is attached to them) from the righteous of their communities and their Shi`a, giving (?) them honors and awaiting whoever comes upon them (?) from the likes of those who preceded from the religions (of the past). And verily the Messenger of Allah (Õáøì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáøã) and the Imams from his progeny in particular, the states of their Shi`a from the realm of the world is not hidden from them by the notification of Allah, be He exalted. They have that, state after state, and they hear the speech of the supplicant to them in their grand noble shrines by a grace from the graces of Allah, be He exalted. It is announced to them from the mass of the servants and the supplications are conveyed to them as the narrations have come with. And this is the madhhab of all of the fuqaha of the Imamiyya and the bearers of the traditions from them. I do not know of a doctrine regarding it from their prior theologians (i.e. that differs from this). And it has reached me from the Banu Nawbakht, may Allah be pleased with them, a difference in regards to it, and I have encountered a group from those who fall short in recognition (al-muqassireen `an al-ma`rifa, i.e. who believe about the Imams things below their station, denying their true noble status) who also belong to the Imama that refuse it.

And Allah, be He exalted, has said, proving it in total “And do not reckon those who have been killed in the way of Allah as dead, rather they are alive with their Lord, being sustained and happy with what Allah has given them of His grace, and joyful in those who remain behind and have not joined them, because no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow” (3:169-170) and what follows after this from the speech. And He said in the story of the believer of the Aal Fir`awn “It was said: Enter the Gardne. He said: 'Ah, would that my people had knowledge that my Lord has forgiven me and that He has placed me among the honoured.” (36:26-27)

And the Messenger of Allah (Õáøì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáøã) said: Whoever gives salam upon me at my grave I hear him, and whoever gives salam upon me from afar I am informed of it, the peace of Allah be upon him and the mercy of Allah and His blessings. Moreover, the reports detailing what we have mentioned in sum from the Imams of the Aal Muhammad (Õáøì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáøã) with what we have described of it, in text and expression, are more numerous, but this book is not the place to mention them else I would have brought them in detail and elucidation.

(From brother macisaac's translation of Shaykh Mufid's Awa'il al-Maqalat, http://www.*******.org/kalam/awail-al-maqalat/state-of-the-messengers-prophets-and-imams-after-death)

What is striking to me is the hadith at the end, which says that although the Prophet (pbuh) can hear our salams from near his grave, he is only informed of them when they are from afar. If the people who go around saying Ya Ali Madad are correct, then why should there be any difference whether you are near the grave or not?

Fortunately enough, I haven't met people in the "real world" who hold the same views of some of these members.

You are a lucky man then, because it's much worse in real life. It's one thing discussing this on a website, where arguments can be laid out, and some proof provided, but in the real world that isn't really possible. You basically end up in situations where you almost have to do taqiyyah from some other Shias.

Edited by Haider Husayn

YA ALI (as) MADAD

ALI

Peer Maula Ali Madad Bhaijaan

Ya Ali Madad is only beautiful for those who find the name Ali to be beautiful....for those that dont enjoy his name of course it will be annoying for them to hear it.

Harr Dum YA ALI

And the Messenger of Allah (Õáøì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáøã) said: Whoever gives salam upon me at my grave I hear him, and whoever gives salam upon me from afar I am informed of it,

thats why it is said that whenever you have some thing to ask in dua ask it after reciting Darood and after asking your required thing recite darood again .... because the dua which has darood included in it will come in notice of prophet (through the same means as only darood or salam reaches to him) and he will intercede i think it makes sense isn't it?

And the Messenger of Allah (Õáøì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáøã) said: Whoever gives salam upon me at my grave I hear him, and whoever gives salam upon me from afar I am informed of it,

thats why it is said that whenever you have some thing to ask in dua ask it after reciting Darood and after asking your required thing recite darood again .... because the dua which has darood included in it will come in notice of prophet (through the same means as only darood or salam reaches to him) and he will intercede i think it makes sense isn't it?

I'm not sure we can assume that just because the Prophet (pbuh) is informed of our salams, it also means that our duas are conveyed to him. Instead, why not just ask Allah (swt) to answer your dua for the sake of Muhammad (pbuh) and his progeny (as)?

^^^

True words bro MDM; the holy name of Maula Ali (as) will only antagonize the munkar or munafiq but for momineen every repetition is a blessing & a joy to say, hear or imagine.

***YA ALI (as) MADAD***

ALI

^^^

True words bro MDM; the holy name of Maula Ali (as) will only antagonize the munkar or munafiq but for momineen every repetition is a blessing & a joy to say, hear or imagine.

***YA ALI (as) MADAD***

ALI

bro i love channa puri right., if i see channa puri in front of me, ill be happy right? why on earth would i be upset if something i like is in front of me?

same with the name of imam ali (as). those who dont love him will *always* find reasons and excuses to avoid hearing his beautiful and mighty name. we live in an age where shias try and prevent other shias from saying his name.

YA ALI YA ALI YAAAAAAAAAAA ALIIIIIIII MADADDDDDD

^^^

Peer Maula Ali (as) Madad bro. Must be a mawaali halaali thing but I love halwa channai puri too! Only have it Eid days, kunday (bida'at alert!) & special occasions but maybe that's WHY.

Not as satisfying as repeating the name of our liege-lord Maula Ali (as) but nothing really is, eh?

***Haq Maula Ali (as) Waris***

ALI

Maula e Qaainaat Ya Ali Mushkil Kusha Ali (as) Madad

you realise that every time we greet each other, we slap the munkars of ya ali madad who are on this thread in the face?

the mark of a halali is that when he hears the name of ali (as) he smiles

the mark of a harami is that when he hears the name of ali (as) he frowns.

that says it all i think.

Peer Maula Nur e Haqeeqat Durs e Aqeedat Ali (as) Madad

I'm sure no halaali will begrudge this joyful diversion in repeating the name of our Master (as) again & again - how fortunate were his Lovers in seeing his beautiful face AND gaining thawaab from it - Allah ho Akbar!

HAIDERIUM * QUALANDARUM * MASTAM

ALI

banda e sher e murtaza ALI hastam!

ya ali, ya sayyedul waseeyeen, ya ameeral momineen, ya saakie kauthar ya nuktatul ba e bismillah YA ALI MADAD

Edited by Maula Dha Mallang

YAAAAAA ALIIIIIII

guys you HAVE to check this out

i dont know about you guys, but i would choose being a part of this mehfil over ten MILLION ya ali madad hating discussions

Edited by Maula Dha Mallang

^^^

Thanks bro MDM for the video, they'd be chased out of ShiaChat in no time with all that bida'ah!

"Muqasiroon ko mein yahoon bhi sazahai dehta hoon

Gali gali mein Ali (as) ki sadahai dehta hoon"

Haq Peer Nur e Wilayaat Bab e Hidayaat Maula Ali (as) Madad

ALI

Edited by Kismet110

^^^

Thanks bro MDM for the video, they'd be chased out of ShiaChat in no time with all that bida'ah!

"Muqasiroon ko mein yahoon bhi sazahai dehta hoon

Gali gali mein Ali (as) ki sadahai dehta hoon"

theres only one reply to beautiful poetry like that

if they get chased out of shiachat by the haters of ya ali madad, then may the haters of ya ali madad be chased out of jannat by US!

@MDM: that's an "atom bomb superpower naara Haydari"!

@realizm: not sure what your point is? I say "Ya Mahdi" too, also "Ya Allah", "Ya Muhammad"? It's not relevant what people said during time of the Imams (as), they were mostly oppressed & followers living under fear of persecution or death. Saying Ya Ali Madad is not a replacement, it's a statement beyond it's literal meaning.

@abdghaffar: sorry, do not see the relevance of repeating & rejoicing in our liege-lords (as) name with your quote? Personally speaking I'm not worthy of the dust on his (as) shoes, friend is a LONG way off.

HAQ DA WALI / SHER E JALI / MURSHID EH ALI

ALI

Edited by Kismet110