Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Talking About Your Dreams

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Whether you are a true mu'min or have very little faith, many people have the blessing of seeing a ma`soom in their dreams. Whatever the circumstance, the person takes the message from their dream and ultimately KNOWS why they have come to them - whether it be to show them a sign or to guide them to an answer. Sometimes when others share their dreams about seeing ma`sooms, it can be enlightening and push us to do more aamal (salah, dua etc), have better akhlaaq, and do as much as we possibly can for the love of Ahlul Bayt (A) so we can see them in our dreams too.

Here is the thing - you could have some random saying "I saw Sayyeda Zainab (A) in my dream and she sure did hit her head with that pole. Now we can do tatbir"< Abit emphasised but yea, you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Some people go to the extent of bragging and emphasising which is pretty sad, considering they're making it into a hollywood film.

Is it a good thing to talk about a dream you have just had + opinions?

Better yet, does anyone know of ahadeeth that discourage us from speaking about what we see in our dreams or anything related to it?

والله العالم

Edited by Blissful
  • Advanced Member

Blissful,

A wise mo'men i know, who has magically proven himself to me by the questions he's answered with the so little info he had about me, told me that when u see dreams of ma'sooms you'de better not say them cause this will stop those dreams comming to you or make it less.

Plus, other ppls dreams cannot be a guidance for us because first of all they might be lying and if not, u never know the true interpretation behind the dreams! So many dreams ive seen which had interpretations i would never have guessed!

Edited by hossein
  • Banned

(salam)

Whether you are a true mu'min or have very little faith, many people have the blessing of seeing a ma`soom in their dreams. Whatever the circumstance, the person takes the message from their dream and ultimately KNOWS why they have come to them - whether it be to show them a sign or to guide them to an answer. Sometimes when others share their dreams about seeing ma`sooms, it can be enlightening and push us to do more aamal (salah, dua etc), have better akhlaaq, and do as much as we possibly can for the love of Ahlul Bayt (A) so we can see them in our dreams too.

Here is the thing - you could have some random saying "I saw Sayyeda Zainab (A) in my dream and she sure did hit her head with that pole. Now we can do tatbir"< Abit emphasised but yea, you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Some people go to the extent of bragging and emphasising which is pretty sad, considering they're making it into a hollywood film.

Is it a good thing to talk about a dream you have just had + opinions?

Better yet, does anyone know of ahadeeth that discourage us from speaking about what we see in our dreams or anything related to it?

æÇááå ÇáÚÇáã

is this aimed at me after the chatroom thing?

i was not bragging, and i was not showing off. its pretty damn offensive that you are implying i was doing both. nor was i even attempting to justify anything i do because of something i see in my dreams.

it is my aqeeda (note - aqeeda) that if a masumeen (as) visits me in my dream, then it is true and it is them. it is also my aqeeda that if i ever lie in the name of a masum, such as pretending to see dreams of them when i havent, then i am cursed in this life and the next. i do not take it lightly, nor would i ever use their names in order to impress names on my screen on an internet web forum, as though i need peoples respect here.

if you want to discuss things like this, then PM the people involved instead of starting these threads.

• Advanced Member

is this aimed at me after the chatroom thing?

i was not bragging, and i was not showing off. its pretty damn offensive that you are implying i was doing both. nor was i even attempting to justify anything i do because of something i see in my dreams.

it is my aqeeda (note - aqeeda) that if a masumeen (as) visits me in my dream, then it is true and it is them. it is also my aqeeda that if i ever lie in the name of a masum, such as pretending to see dreams of them when i havent, then i am cursed in this life and the next. i do not take it lightly, nor would i ever use their names in order to impress names on my screen on an internet web forum, as though i need peoples respect here.

if you want to discuss things like this, then PM the people involved instead of starting these threads.

I got the overall idea for my post from the chatroom but I never implied that I was speaking about you now, did I? You know that if I was seriously offended by what you said then I would have told you straight up then and there in the chatroom.

And if you're telling the truth or lying, that's not for me to know because I don't want to be reassured that you are, it's for Allaah (swt) - I just wanted to know what people's opinions were on the matter because I have the same question to ask for myself.

Sorry if you got offended, this wasn't directed to you at all.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

Hadith relating to telling others about dreams

"When any of you sees a good dream, then go ahead and interpret it and inform others of it, and if you see a bad dream then neither interpret it nor inform others of it" - Prophet (saw) [Kanz al Ummal]

"A dream should only be related to a believer who does not harbor jealousy or wrongdoing" - Prophet (saw) [usul al Kafi]

Hadith about seeing the Prophet (saw) or Ahlulbayt (as) in dreams

"Whosoever sees me in their dream it is the same as if they have seen me awake because shaytan cannot take my form nor the form of any of my successors nor any of the pure faith ones from my Ahlulbayt (as). And true dreams is 1/70 part of Prophethood" - Prophet (saw) [Tahzeeb-ul-Islam]

There are many more hadith pertaining to this topic, the gist of them is that one should only tell their good dreams to others and not just to anyone, but to those who are true believers and have no malice against them. Secondly, the interpretation of the dream should only be gotten from someone who is sincere towards you and has this knowledge as the first interpretation that is gotten for a dream, that is what will be enacted in reality.

• Advanced Member

A wise mo'men i know, who has magically proven himself to me by the questions he's answered with the so little info he had about me, told me that when u see dreams of ma'sooms you'de better not say them cause this will stop those dreams comming to you or make it less.

(salam)

I've been told the same thing, except that it was about any extraordinary spiritual event, not only relating to dreams with ma'sooms...

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

Hadith relating to telling others about dreams

"When any of you sees a good dream, then go ahead and interpret it and inform others of it, and if you see a bad dream then neither interpret it nor inform others of it" - Prophet (saw) [Kanz al Ummal]

"A dream should only be related to a believer who does not harbor jealousy or wrongdoing" - Prophet (saw) [usul al Kafi]

Hadith about seeing the Prophet (saw) or Ahlulbayt (as) in dreams

"Whosoever sees me in their dream it is the same as if they have seen me awake because shaytan cannot take my form nor the form of any of my successors nor any of the pure faith ones from my Ahlulbayt (as). And true dreams is 1/70 part of Prophethood" - Prophet (saw) [Tahzeeb-ul-Islam]

There are many more hadith pertaining to this topic, the gist of them is that one should only tell their good dreams to others and not just to anyone, but to those who are true believers and have no malice against them. Secondly, the interpretation of the dream should only be gotten from someone who is sincere towards you and has this knowledge as the first interpretation that is gotten for a dream, that is what will be enacted in reality.

Thankyou for the ahadith.

Like all things in Islam, it's your niyyah. If your niyyah was to show off, you will stop having those dreams and will be disliked by Allah swt. I have heard it is better to keep quiet, however, if you think a dream will do good or spread an important message or even revive the affair of Ahlul Bayt, I would recommend sharing it.

Edited by Ya Baqiyatullah (aj)