Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Will You Guys Marry.....

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

To all u men that think its a turn offf.

I can assure U .. if your girl goes and gets your name tatoo'ed on her chest or body

you'll be more than excited!!!

and i belive its not haram just dont have it around where it would yib'6aal il wathoo..

• Advanced Member

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah

Sayed Ali Al-Sistani:

§ Question : Are tattoos are allowed?

§ Answer : There is no objection to having tattoos.

§ Question : What is your ruling on having permanent or temporary tattoos?

§ Answer : Tattoos are permissible irrespective of whether they are permanent or temporary.

Sayed Ali Khamanei:

Bismihi Ta`ala

Having tattoo is not haraam and its subcutaneous trace does not prevent water from reaching skin thus, wudu' and ghusl with it will be correct. However, making tattoo of the sacred names, that could not be touched by body parts without wudu', should be avoided, as per obligatory caution.

Sayed Fadlullah

Q: question about tattooing: Is it ok to have a tattoo on the body of a man/woman?

A: Tattooing on the body is not prohibited except, in women’s case, if it was on woman’s face and is then considered as a visible grooming. There is no evidence on prohibiting such an issue and therefore it is permissible on the basis that every thing is permissible unless proven otherwise. However, it is better to leave that in general since there is no avail in doing so and because a Muslim should not imitate others in whatever is deemed useless.

Sayed Alshirazi:

åá íÌæÒ æÖÚ ÇáæÔã (Çæ ãÇ íÓãì ÈÇáÊÇÊæ ÈÇááÛÉ ÇáÇäßáíÒíÉ) Úáì ÇáÌÓã¿

s-shirazi.com skrev:ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÑÍíã

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑÍãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå

ÇáÌæÇÈ: ãßÑæå Ðáß.

ãßÊÈ ÓãÇÍÉ ÂíÉ Çááå ÇáÚÙãì ÇáÓíÏ ÕÇÏÞ ÇáÍÓíäí ÇáÔíÑÇÒí ÏÇã Ùáå Ü Þã ÇáãÞÏÓÉ

Wa assalam

• Advanced Member

Whether you wish to admit it or not, any muslim male or female who wishes to get a tattoo has been undoubtedly influenced by Western modernism. It is a possible indicator to a wider mindset and is a perfectly legitimate reason to weigh up suitability as a spouse. The tattoo in and of itself might be halal, it's irrelevant. It's the context of it however which is relevant and will tell someone a lot about the other person.

Of course good people may want a tattoo, Im not judging intentions, im talking about outlook on life. If someone is 'traditional', he might not appreciate someone 'modernist' and vice versa. both have a right to do what is halal, but both should look for someone with a similar outlook imo.

Oh, and irrespective of 'outlook' on life, a wife has to obey her husband (within the halal remits of religion of course). End of story. Don't be surprised if you go against his wishes and get a tattoo and he isn't impressed.

As for a convert I wouldnt hesitate to marry based on a tattoo, or any other aspect of her past. It is her present and future outlook I am concerned with.

AND IN MY OPINION DO AN ISTEKHARA ON POSSIBLE SPOUSES, Allah (SWT) IS ALWAYS READY TO GIVE US GUIDANCE!

• Advanced Member

I can assure U .. if your girl goes and gets your name tatoo'ed on her chest or body

and i belive its not haram just dont have it around where it would yib'6aal il wathoo..

Thats just stupid

Edited by JimJam
  • Veteran Member

Not really.

I'd be rather concerned than excited.

My name should be tattooed permanently on her heart and mind, not on arms and back. ugh.

• Advanced Member

Im not sure if I'd accept a guy with a tattoo :unsure: But I know girls who have no bad intentions and they simply think a tattoo is a form of beautification. Guys, if it isn't on display for everyone to see, then what's the problem? I guess its like a body piercing for some people.

Personally I would never get one, never liked the idea of having something permanent on my body. And like marbles said, I'd rather leave an impression on his mind and soul, rather than body. But hey, since we're talking about physical qualities, what about a girl rejecting a guy because he doesn't have a beard (and doesn't plan on growing one!). what do you think about that one guys?

Edited by zaynab-
  • Advanced Member

Boy walks in... :wub:

Girl: OMG yu don't have a beared.. Yu must be NOT NORMAL.. and how the beared is THE ONLY THING that would have made you perfect.. N now that yu don't have it ur 5 times Namaz.. Qur'an.. Love for Allah.. Mohammad (saww) & ahlulbayt (as) is useless (Na'auzbillah) *reject*

Carry on gentlemen and ^^^^ that's what's gonna happen to yu :)

Fools..! :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

BOys and girls... women and MEN!!! LADies and GENTALMEN!!!

The whole point Of this issue .. is its a TURN OFFFFFFF or a turn on

nothing to deal with dean !!!

( plus its a turn off seeing a man that cant even grow a mustach)

lol

Edited by yalatif
  • Advanced Member

lol

Whose he? :unsure:

• Advanced Member

Boy walks in... :wub:

Girl: OMG yu don't have a beared.. Yu must be NOT NORMAL.. and how the beared is THE ONLY THING that would have made you perfect.. N now that yu don't have it ur 5 times Namaz.. Qur'an.. Love for Allah.. Mohammad (saww) & ahlulbayt (as) is useless (Na'auzbillah) *reject*

Carry on gentlemen and ^^^^ that's what's gonna happen to yu :)

Fools..! :rolleyes:

thats the same argument that was used for a tattoo :dry: . if a girl has all these good qualities and she has a tattoo is it fair to reject her? I think not. and I never said its fair to reject a guy because he doesn't have a beard. But everyone finds different things attractive. And sometimes a beard just gives a good impression, the same way a tattoo might give a bad impression.

That said, it's definitely stupid to reject someone outright for those reasons. you HAVE to be more open-minded about these things. the message is simple: don't judge a book by it's cover ;)

• Advanced Member

lol

+1000 THANK YOU LOL

• Advanced Member

Well it's different since they reject based on religious belief that a sayyeda cannot marry a non sayed.

More like a cultural belief! Belonging to a Sayed family myself, I can tell you there is no such religious ruling (our family has plenty of discussions/arguments regarding this!). There is already a whole topic running on this I think. A sayyeda CAN marry a non sayed!! :squeez:

and its not different, and not really any fairer to be rejected for this reason. I know I'm going to have issues with my dad when he finds out I'm considering a non-sayed! :unsure: But I find this reason ridiculous, almost as bad as the tattoo excuse!

The only thing that use to hold me back was 'oh no my kids won't be sayed'. But I figured its good enough that they become practising muslims :)

Edited by zaynab-
  • Basic Members

At my age (40s), no, because women my age typically do not have them. My wife does not have any tattoos and neither do I. They just weren't popular when I was younger.

I could certainly see a young woman getting a tattoo because it's the popular thing to do these days (at least in the West). She's young, she gets a tattoo, later she matures and regrets it - I would not have a problem with that. She might even be a revert to Islam.

Fortunately, it is not a problem I expect to ever have - an advantages of being old :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

you know.. some marjes say it's halal, so, if u want to get one.. y not.. if u just follow the Islamic ruling.. u shouldn't care abt what others say.. if someone doesn't want to marry u for a shallow reason like tattoos then he isn't worth ur time.. I am thinking to get one 2.. only thing stopping is the pain! lool.. and trust me.. I don't give a dam* what others think.. as long as I am happy then that all it matters

Salam Alaykum brother\sister,

although I agree that some maraji'i don't deem it harram to get a tattoo, remember one important point:

The Jafari 12-ever sect depends on the norms of society as well. I will give you one good example.

Long hair for males was very common back in the days of Islam's beginning, however, in many cultures

like the one where I am from (Iraq), keeping a long hair - for a guy - says something negative about him.

In this case, we are encouraged to abstain from keeping long hair.

Same thing with tats.

Having a tattoo in Arabic\Muslim societies (and I believe without an exception whatsoever), is a sign of

indecency and it's just not acceptable. Not only that but if you look at the big picture, word spreads - especially

if you are a girl/woman - and eventually it will hurt the reputation of your parents and family as a whole.

I am saying this from experience, as some of my friends have tattoos.

Fe Aman Allah! :-)

Slamaz, I have a whole bunch of Iraqi friends (left Iraq in 1991 genocide) and some have tattoos of the names of Ahlulbait on their arms etc < funny>

So not necessarily that tatoos appear on a Western based Shia only.

I could never comprehend why would someone reject a perfectly nice momin or momina person for a benign tattoo.