Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tea, Chocolate, Haram!?

Rate this topic

Guest Nargela

Please dont say this is a dumb question Salam,

Today I hered that tea, chocolate, Coffee is a intoxicant when taking in large amounts.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr, and every intoxicant is haraam."

Jaabir narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said: "Whatever intoxicates in a greater quantity is also unlawful in a small quantity."

So my question to you guys, wouldnt tea, chocolate be haram?

Edited by Nargela

What makes you call tea or chocolate an intoxicant?

According to science, both are mind altering drugs, and anything that causes a effect or changes you is a intoxiant. So different state of mind = intoxiant.

define intoxicant: A drug that can produce a state of intoxication

Coco, and tea , coffee do this so it doesnt matter how big or small the prophet said there haram.

• Veteran Member

According to science, both are mind altering drugs, and anything that causes a effect or changes you is a intoxiant. So different state of mind = intoxiant.

define intoxicant: A drug that can produce a state of intoxication

Coco, and tea , coffee do this so it doesnt matter how big or small the prophet said there haram.

There is a difference between what is today called "mind-altering" and "intoxication". Regardless of how much coffee and chocolate you take, you can't be intoxicated. So no, they aren't haram. Chill.

Edited by Marbles

There is a difference between what is today called "mind-altering" and "intoxication". Regardless of how much coffee and chocolate you take, you can't be intoxicated. So no, they aren't haram. Chill.

Thats not true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Caffeine_intoxication

Acutally they are dont highlight things you think you can counter, there intoxicants its proven if you take to much you can be intoxicated so didnt the prophet say no matter how big or small the amount its haram?

• Basic Members

Well almost anything we can consume could then be classified as a intoxication or mind-altering.

How?

Just eat/drink in large amounts. Drinking to much water can kill you for an example.

Caffeine in its pure form is not haram.

Consuming 1 kg caffeine would probably be considered suicide = haram.

Well almost anything we can consume could then be classified as a intoxication or mind-altering.

How?

Just eat/drink in large amounts. Drinking to much water can kill you for an example.

Caffeine in its pure form is not haram.

Consuming 1 kg caffeine would probably be considered suicide = haram.

Water allows the mind to work, i dont think it alters the way it does work though. Things like, Caffeine, do alter the way your body functions, in this case it enhances the body in certain ways, which is why people drink coffee in the mornings rather than drinking water in the morning.

People will not develop headaches or drowsiness if they dont get their water in the morning, but some will iif they dont get their coffee. So theyre definitely different.

• Advanced Member

tea and chocolate is definition of a relaxing night :angel: so nop they rn't the bit haram.. I would say they r muthab coz they make u feel better.. plus don't take everything in Islam in a literal form.. Islam is an easy religion for a cool life style :yaali:

Salam alekum,

Depending on what our body needs to be balanced .. And every thing we take into our body has an effect on us .. And even if we drink too much water we will explode. Every person has their own chemical make-up, so we all have to be our own chemists.

A question to you:

What is the most addictive "chemical" for us humans?

... Ok will tell you: oxygen .. O2

Did you know that O2 is poisonous and that everything we eat has some degrees of poison in it .. Plants and animals.

This Is probably contributing to the fact that we are all headed for death.

Correct me if I'm wrong please: wasn't it eating from tree of life (before eating from forbidden tree of knowledge) that gave Adam & Eve (as) that granted them eternal life in heaven?

Thanks and salam dear brothers and sisters

Edited by Philip

Salam alekum

Please allow me to share another info I learned hamdiLah

I first learned this from eastern philosophies (if ur in the east then it's local .. Pre Islamic wisdoms)

Everything we eat/drink can be classified into one if basic elements .. Fire, air, water, earth, metal, .. Maybe sone more. And depending on personal individual circumstances we need more of foods with certain elements ..

Then in January got the book "medicine of the prophet" .. And practically the same thing is written there.

For instance: when we have fever .. That's a taste of hell fires (or something) and to remedy it we should extinguish this fire with water .. And cool the fire by drinking cool water. Then we are never to complain of fever because it's a blessing somehow .. Purifying us some way.

Anyway .. Wish you all goid health from Allah

Salam

• Advanced Member

As long as you're not over excessively consuming tea and chocolate then it's not haram...

there's no such thing as excessively consuming of chocolate.. any amount is right! LOL.. when r we having our chocolate party miss.7o7o? :yaali:

• Advanced Member

Even though I ate 1/3 of a jar .. I would not mind trying one more of your mini ones :)

LOL! go to my shop and by scarf! coz each one comes w a free mini one! :P sry OP for the diversion :Hijabi:

Cholcate is mind altering, and is a intoxicant this is a proven fact. you guys are talking about it, "What ever intoxicates in large amounts is also haram in little amounts" theres a diff bettween the 2 terms

Yes milk changes my mind every time. Makes it sleepier and more relaxed somehow. Just look at babies after they breast-feed .. Surely it changes something in baby's mind: like "ok now I can sleep .. And don't need to drink anymore .. Now I feel calm" :)