Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
La fata illa Ali

Canucks Vs Bruins: Whos Gonna Win The Stanley Cup?

Rate this topic

After the first two games, it looked like the Canucks had the (very, very slight) edge. After the next two games, the Bruins had them pounded into the dust. But after last night, looks like the game is still on... So... I dunno. Hopeful thing for Canucks fans though is that even if they lose the next one in Boston, game 7 is still scheduled for Vancouver where they've won them all so far (even if by a hair, but a win's a win).

After the first two games, it looked like the Canucks had the (very, very slight) edge. After the next two games, the Bruins had them pounded into the dust. But after last night, looks like the game is still on... So... I dunno. Hopeful thing for Canucks fans though is that even if they lose the next one in Boston, game 7 is still scheduled for Vancouver where they've won them all so far (even if by a hair, but a win's a win).

Thank you for ur analysis.

Please dont forget to vote in the poll

It is interesting that both teams have so far won matches at home ground. As the last two games are scheduled one in Boston and the other in Vancouver, with the 3-2 lead for Canucks, my superstition suggests that the Stanley Cup is coming 'home' this year. So the best of seven is going to be decided in the last game. Fingers crossed x

It is interesting that both teams have so far won matches at home ground. As the last two games are scheduled one in Boston and the other in Vancouver, with the 3-2 lead for Canucks, my superstition suggests that the Stanley Cup is coming 'home' this year. So the best of seven is going to be decided in the last game. Fingers crossed x

so why didnt you vote? can u plz cast ur vote in the poll?

thanks!

Superstition is always superstition.

:cry:

(salam)

Riots erupt in Vancouver after Canucks loss

Riot police fired tear gas, pepper spray and flash bombs in downtown Vancouver Wednesday night to try to disperse angry rioters who set cars on fire, looted stores and taunted police officers after the Canucks' 4-0 Stanley Cup final loss to the Boston Bruins.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/06/15/bc-stanley-cup-fans-post-game-7.html

They don't riot like this even over cricket in Pakistan or India - they riot over things that actually matter in life :squeez:.

Wassalam

(salam)

Riots erupt in Vancouver after Canucks loss

Riot police fired tear gas, pepper spray and flash bombs in downtown Vancouver Wednesday night to try to disperse angry rioters who set cars on fire, looted stores and taunted police officers after the Canucks' 4-0 Stanley Cup final loss to the Boston Bruins.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/06/15/bc-stanley-cup-fans-post-game-7.html

They don't riot like this even over cricket in Pakistan or India - they riot over things that actually matter in life :squeez:.

Wassalam

Absolutely unbelievable. This is in Vancouver of all places; the nice, gentle, contended Vancouver with a small population and wonderful moderate weather.

They are being ridiculed on Pakistani media. It's being portrayed rioting for rioting's sake when you don't have anything that matter to riot for.

I thought the Canadian would riot when the right wing Harper was re-elected last month.

I thought the Vancouver fans on the inside of the building though were relatively gracious in defeat. Sure they boo'ed Bettman (the NHL commissioner), but they would likely have done that even if they'd won (Bettman pretty much always gets boo'ed at these things). But as it was, while still cheering their own team they did give the Bruins credit and acknowledgement of their win, especially Thomas (who was pretty stellar in the series and a worthy winner of the Conn Smythe).

Absolutely unbelievable. This is in Vancouver of all places; the nice, gentle, contended Vancouver with a small population and wonderful moderate weather.

They are being ridiculed on Pakistani media. It's being portrayed rioting for rioting's sake when you don't have anything that matter to riot for.

I thought the Canadian would riot when the right wing Harper was re-elected last month.

Well, to be fair, no one died, so Vancouverites are still a step up from the Pakistani reaction to cartoons ;)

Edited by kadhim

Well, to be fair, no one died, so Vancouverites are still a step up from the Pakistani reaction to cartoons ;)

Pakistanis have much pent up real anger to vent if given an opening; the life-is-so-cool Vancouverites don't :P

Edited by Marbles

I was there last night - it was really scary and very embarrassing. No reason to riot - the city had set up huge viewing screens and comfort measures for all ages. All the other games were peaceful and safe and fun. Last night only a relatively few people - about 50 - were damaging and looting and setting things on fire, but suprisingly, very few tried to stop them(just took pictures or video) and those that did were swarned and beaten. Very scarey with no busses or taxis and closed bridges - so no place to go.

A couple of pictures from facebook page http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/pages/Vancouver-Riot-Pics-Post-Your-Photos/121837081234162?sk=photos&closeTheater=1 where people are starting to label and identify people in the pictures.

post-29580-0-28885300-1308270338_thumb.j

post-29580-0-80274700-1308270351_thumb.j

^

All those 50 or so rioters should be airplaned over to Libya or Yemen so they can realise full potential of their rioting skills. And that would be a noble thing as it would entail rioting for a cause.

^

All those 50 or so rioters should be airplaned over to Libya or Yemen so they can realise full potential of their rioting skills. And that would be a noble thing as it would entail rioting for a cause.

Good idea! Also would smarten them up when they see what a good life they take for granted.

Good idea! Also would smarten them up when they see what a good life they take for granted.

They are not rioting because of living conditions or political reasons. They are rioting for hockey-related reasons.

Sports riots happen in poor countries too, btw.

They are not rioting because of living conditions or political reasons. They are rioting for hockey-related reasons.

Sports riots happen in poor countries too, btw.

No, they weren’t.

These guys had a mission win or lose. Of the 100+ guys arrested - only 8 were charged with public drunkeness. The instigators were sober and on a mission, whether a win or a loss.

The organized rioters were self professed anarchists – that show up to every opportunity to demonstrate their presence. They went on an organized mass from one store to another and to one section of the street after another. Those that got sucked into it were teen males who were weak and idiotic. The organized rioters came into the city with gasoline, rags, face covers and heavy sticks.

As for the teen males - and those males with the stagnated level of development of a teen male – what I meant was that they need to see how good they have what they have and not damage and destroy for “fun”. Most settled Canadians have a really high standard of living and sometimes become complacent that it will always be that way – due to the “ubiquitous they” taking care of them and their needs. They need to see what is possible – the real problems in other countries – so they can have some respect and appreciation for what has been provided for them.

However, what was not seen on the videos that went international, were the little fledgling “mom and pop” stores and restaurants that don’t have deep bank accounts to repair and refurnish and replenish their stocks – some of which cannot be replaced for what they paid for them, and the loss of income due to downtime from their business during tourism time (biggest industry in the province) is also huge. These are people – often new or recent immigrants - that have invested everything they brought with them into their business - and combined with joint family members, work 15 hours or more a day to get their business going. My heart went out to them as I know how hard my dad worked and all the difficulties he had.

Many volunteers came out the next morning to clean and repair and put in a noble effort. These were people who actually live here and know what they have and cherish it.

I hope if there is a next time that people stand up to these creeps. Some people really tried before it got really bad.

Jerk trying to set on fire a car that he had previously helped to trash (on another video) is taken care of Canadian style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXX3NebvTk

No, they weren’t.

These guys had a mission win or lose. Of the 100+ guys arrested - only 8 were charged with public drunkeness. The instigators were sober and on a mission, whether a win or a loss.

The organized rioters were self professed anarchists – that show up to every opportunity to demonstrate their presence. They went on an organized mass from one store to another and to one section of the street after another. Those that got sucked into it were teen males who were weak and idiotic. The organized rioters came into the city with gasoline, rags, face covers and heavy sticks.

As for the teen males - and those males with the stagnated level of development of a teen male – what I meant was that they need to see how good they have what they have and not damage and destroy for “fun”. Most settled Canadians have a really high standard of living and sometimes become complacent that it will always be that way – due to the “ubiquitous they” taking care of them and their needs. They need to see what is possible – the real problems in other countries – so they can have some respect and appreciation for what has been provided for them.

However, what was not seen on the videos that went international, were the little fledgling “mom and pop” stores and restaurants that don’t have deep bank accounts to repair and refurnish and replenish their stocks – some of which cannot be replaced for what they paid for them, and the loss of income due to downtime from their business during tourism time (biggest industry in the province) is also huge. These are people – often new or recent immigrants - that have invested everything they brought with them into their business - and combined with joint family members, work 15 hours or more a day to get their business going. My heart went out to them as I know how hard my dad worked and all the difficulties he had.

Many volunteers came out the next morning to clean and repair and put in a noble effort. These were people who actually live here and know what they have and cherish it.

I hope if there is a next time that people stand up to these creeps. Some people really tried before it got really bad.

Jerk trying to set on fire a car that he had previously helped to trash (on another video) is taken care of Canadian style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXX3NebvTk

Thats not canadian style...canadian style would be if the dude jerseyed him and the kneed him in the face.