Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sheraz

Favours Bestowed Down On Grand Ayatollah's

Rate this topic

Salaam!

Well discuss any special powers that u might have knwn a certain Ayatollah Possessed.

As for Ayatollah al-Udhma Taqi Bahjat (my piccy) he was blessed with 20 favours by Allah (19:5)

His students reported that he was able to see from the back of his Head.

And Imam Khomeini reported that he had reached one of the highest rank in spirutaul perfection, he had the ability to remove his soul from his body and later return it when he wished. (25:30)

If you watch tht series they are other Ayatollahs who also possesed some amazing favours.

Thought on this? and Comments of other favours that you've come across or heard?

Edited by Sheraz

Salam

While he was a very good and pious scholar, these abilities can be done by almost anyone if they have the right kind of discipline. You will find the same types of stories among Hindu yogi's and Taoist masters etc. and while it is interesting, i don't think we should put much weight upon special powers and abilities.

BTW the narrators voice is making me fall asleep, its relaxing :D

Edited by YaAli(as)

Yer no thats fine.. but if you watch other documentiers i *think* of Ayatollah Tabaatebei he was so close to the Ahlul Bayt A.S that he knew the message Imam Mahdi A.S is going to present when he arrives.

I dont know my brains tingles on even the smallest of things :huh: but i find it amazing to b honest.

I found out intresting so thought id share it :squeez:

Edited by Sheraz

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is a beautiful online book about Ayatollah Bahjat RA.

Uswat Al-Aarifeen. A Look at the Life of Ayatullah Bahjat

http://www.al-islam.org/uswat_alarifin/

i'm sure they don't want people focusing more on their "achievements" than their teachings, they were pious people who didn't want to brag about this kinda stuff. I rather not talk about it, plus any non-believer who reads this will think its a lie and impossible and its only going to hurt the shia image.

you know, brother al-mufeed tells a really amazing story about the teacher of ayatollah bahjat and an animal which he summoned from the mountains, which lived at the time of the prophet solomon

you know, brother al-mufeed tells a really amazing story about the teacher of ayatollah bahjat and an animal which he summoned from the mountains, which lived at the time of the prophet solomon

Salam,

Wow ..

Edited by Bukharisolo

(bismillah)

(salam)

Could you please share it with us. Thanks.

WS

(wasalam)

When the women were leaving, he had his head lowered and everything, until one of the women in our group walked past him. She got told to stop by him and then he said he wants to pray for her baby and he did a dua.

She was pregnant, but she was very early in her pregnancy so there was no bump or anything. There was no way Sayed could have known she was pregnant because it was obviously our first time meeting him and he didn't even look at her, he stayed looking at the floor. But when she walked past, he somehow knew and then he looked up and prayed for her baby.

Wow Nice!

Could you elaborate on the animal?

well all Urafa have been blessed with gifts which is due to their close connection with Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. We can have those too if we work hard. Couple of days ago my older brother reminded me of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) hadith "Lower your gaze and you will see the world".

Coming back on topic Ayatullah Bahjut's another gift was that if anyone needed to speak to him but could not make it due to distance or other reasons, Ayatullah Bahjut used to come in their dreams to resolve any issues. Another really famous story is that a guy came to Ayatullah Bahjut and kept asking what they should do to prepare for after life and Ayatullah Bahjut replied to stop comiting sins. The guy said that he doesnt do any sins. Ayatullah Bahjut whispered in his ears "Then what was that you did last night"

Wow Nice!

i dont think i can do the story justice, but i'll try.

ayatollah bahjat and his contempories such as (i believe) allama tabatabei and others were all taught irfan by the same guy at the same time. all those who went on to be greats narrate the event separately along the following lines:

the students asked the teacher as to the nature of hazrat sulaymans carpet, on which he used to be able to fly in order to travel the land, i think the question was whether it itself had power, or did hazrat sulaymans own power control it. the teacher said he did not know, but for his students to come to his house the following sunsent and they would find out. the following night he told them to follow him into the mountains, on the condition that they would not react in any way when they saw what they did,. after they agreed, he led them high up into the mountains near some caves and called out in a language that none of them could understand. after a few minutes some "beast" came out that they never saw before or since, which was so frightening that they all were frozen scared where they stood as soon as they saw it. their teacher spoke for several minutes with the best in the same strange language, which it replied to, after that it returned to its cave and the teacher led the students back. when they returned home he told them that that beast was one of the creatures at the time of the prophet solomen (as) and it told him that the carpet had its own power from Allah.

like i said...mufeed told me the story and he knows all the details better than i do, but thats the gist of it

Almighty Allah says: O, Son of Adam! I am Ever-living. I will never die. Act on what I have commanded. Protect yourself from what I have prohibited, so I can make you eternal. O, Son of Adam!I am the king whose kingdom will never perish. When I say to a thing Be! it becomes. Obey what I have commanded and stay away from those things I have prohibited, to the extent that when you say to a thing Be! it becomes. If your sayings are sweet and your deeds are bad, you are the leader of the hypocrites. If your appearance is beautiful and your inside is disgraceful, you will be worse than those people who have been destroyed. O, Son of Adam! no one will enter my Heaven except: One who has humbled himself in front of My greatness. One who has spent his day in My remembrance. One who has safeguarded his soul from lust, for the sake of Allah. One who shows brotherhood towards traveller. One who takes care of poor. One who is merciful towards the afflicted. And one who respects the orphans and acts as a kind father to them. And for the widows he is like a tender husband. The one who has these qualities, if he calls Me I will answer him at once and if he asks Me (for anything) I will give it to him.

Hadith Qudsi Chapter 16

Salam

While he was a very good and pious scholar, these abilities can be done by almost anyone if they have the right kind of discipline. You will find the same types of stories among Hindu yogi's and Taoist masters etc. and while it is interesting, i don't think we should put much weight upon special powers and abilities.

BTW the narrators voice is making me fall asleep, its relaxing :D

(bismillah)

(salam)

From my limited understanding, the abilities beyond what humans can do is called tajjaliat e nafs. It is a very early stage in Irfan. Essentially it is destruction of the ego, and the freedom of the soul. Some of these "yogis" will try to suppress the najs but will essentially halt at this point, advancing no further and some utilise in Allamah Tabatabai (rh)'s words the rare sciences and magic. And from my reasearch their abilities a very limited to what is achieved through spiritual migration towards Allah سبحانه وتعالى. HOWEVER as is explained by the masters of Irfan, there is a LONG stage between this and the goal of spiritual ascent and irfan masters warn that signs of keramat are not necessarily signs of being on the truth as Allamah Tabatabaei (rh) mentions below . This is explicitly quoted in Kernel of the Kernel o Lubb al Lubbab: Spiritual Wayfearing by Allamah Tabatabaei رحمه اللّه. This is a great book. I purchased it myself from amazon, however al-islam has it for free as well. But some quotes about miracles and supernatural abilities by the masters of Irfan:

TAKEN FROM http://www.curtainoflight.com/v1/quotes-from-well-known-authorities/ There is a whole article regarding Irfan much longer than what i have posted so for those interested it might be worth taking a look.

WHAT IS THE GOAL?

THE GOAL IS Allah

Shaykh Ansari Hamadani: On account of spiritual struggle that is within the legislated sharīʿah, a person may reach a stage that he becomes the complete mirror of the Divine attributes, and this (reality), its pleasure can neither be tasted not can it be described. (Irfane Islami, Ayat. Misbah Yazdi)

AND NOT MIRACLES OR SPIRITUAL REWARDS.

Allamah Tabatabai: He warned those of his students who were undertaking sayr and suluk and undergoing spiritual exercises and were naturally seeing results [in the form of karamaat (visions or miraculous powers)]: Do not be fooled by such karamaat, and do not let them become a barrier for you….Treat these karamaat like the butt of a cigarette is treated, how people just walk over it and don’t pay attention to it – just step over these miraculous powers and pass by. (Kayhan, v. 234-235, page 19)

Sayyid Qadi Tabatabai: Once he was asked to perform miraculous acts. He said, “Just look around you – the natural world is filled with acts of a miraculous nature.”

Ustadh Muhammad Taqi Ja’afari: The blinding lights and joys the mystic experiences in his spiritual states can also be inhibiting. Some mystics drown in such pleasing states, thinking they are at the peak of perfection; these states, however, serve merely to encourage and activate the mystic on his path. (Positive Mysticism)

Ustadh Muhammad Taqi Ja’afari: Other things that may hinder a mystic’s progress are the activation of amazing powers such as knowing what goes on in people’s minds, awareness of the unseen, past and future, and the ability to influence others’ lives both physically and mentally. The mystic should remember that his goal is reaching God, not God’s favors. Reaching God is much more difficult than discovering amazing God-given powers. (Positive Mysticism)

Allamah Tabatabai: Such super-natural things as to know what others think, to walk on fire or water, to narrate the past events or to foretell the future, are not a sign of anybody’s being a favorite of Allah. The performance of such things becomes possible at the beginning of spiritual vision, but the stage of proximity to Allah is far away from this stage. No one can be a preceptor in the true sense unless and until he receives the light of the glory of Divine essence. (Light within Me, p. 109)

Allamah Tabatabai: In response to the question: “Some of the Sunni Dervishes consider themselves the people of Truth and do extraordinary feats such as eating fire or glass and consider this as evidence of the truth of their sect. Are these kinds of feats a sign of them being on the truth?” Allamah answered: “Eating fire, or glass, or entering a sword in to the stomach and taking it out from the back, none of these are a sign of being on the truth…In Mashhad one of the Dervishes came to me and had some things to say. Amongst the things he said was: It is 30 years that water has not touched my body. I said: ‘Don’t you do wudhu?’ He replied: ‘We have passed these things.’ Is this taqwa?..Extraordinary feats can be obtained through magic and the rare sciences, and through disciplining of the self, and through worshipping… (Dar Mahzar-e-Allama Tabatabai, p.417)

Ayatullah Misbah Yazdi: There is no correlation of any kind between the kernel of ʿirfān -which is the knowledge of Allah through inner witnessing – and the exposition of technical problems of mysticism or performing super-natural actions. Knowledge of ʿirfāni concepts and issues, or carrying out miraculous acts is not a proof that one has realized within himself the essence of `irfan. Similarly, not being acquainted with the technical terms of ʿirfān or not producing super-natural acts does not prove that a person has no share of intuitive knowledge of Allah. (Dar justujuy-i `irfan-i islami, pg.318)

Ayatullah Misbah Yazdi: We have among the Shiite `ulama personalities like Muqaddas Ardabili, Shaykh Ansari and Shaykh Ja`far Kashif al-Ghita who are not known amidst us for their spiritual disclosures (kashf) or super-natural acts (karamat), but based on the evidences in hand we can dare say that their mystical stations and nearness (qurb) to Allah are much higher than even of those who have become known in history as mystics and sufis…Therefore, a person cannot be considered an ʿārif by just performing supra-natural actions or because he is good in presenting profound ʿirfāni stuffs. (Dar justujuy-i `irfan-i islami , pg.45-49)

Ayatullah Ansari Hamadani: One day I suddenly felt that I had come to possess infinite knowledge and power, and I witnessed that everything was under my control. Immediately I sought forgiveness (istighfar) and said, ‘O Allah! I do not want these things. They are obstacles on my way, and I only want You.’ I said this and suddenly I noticed that all those powers were immediately withdrawn from me.

Ayatullah Shaykh Muhamamd Bahari (one of the outstanding and distinguished students of Mullah Husayn Quli Hamadani): I was full of joy when I went to see Mulla Husayn Quli. But as I entered into his presence, he did not pay heed to me and turned me down contemptuously. I came out from there and the only thing I felt I could say was [the statement] ‘There is no power and strength except with Allah, the Most High, the Great’. When I reached the Wadi al-Salam cemetery in Najaf, there I witnessed that that which I have attained [of the spiritual power] is being possessed by the whole world and [therefore] it is not a credit for me. So I went back to my teacher and this time he welcomed me with open arms.

(wasalam)

Edited by yahossein

Man can fly to the moon. Can perform heart surgery. Can see the tiny atoms and cells. Is Able to fly across the globe. Can destroy whole civilizations with a single push of a button. Anything is possible with Allah.

(wasalam)

Wow Nice!

Allamah Tabatabai, the author of Tafsir al-Mizan, reports the following, about his teacher:

“My brother (Allamah Mohamed Hasan Ilahi) had sent a question to our teacher, Agha Qadhi through one of his students that, “The carpet of Prophet Sulayman (A.S.) on which he sat with his entire court and travelled from the east to the west; was it a physical thing, manufactured from some components, or was it a miracle of Allah that had nothing to do with any physical object?” Marhum Qadhi replied to the student, “I do not know the answer. However, one of the creatures who was alive at the time of Prophet Sulayman (A.S.), and who participated in these journeys, is still alive. I will go and ask him.”

Marhum Qadhi set off for an area, which was mountainous. When he reached a particular mountain, a creature who resembled a human being came out, and they began to talk with one another. The student, who had accompanied Marhum Qadhi, could not understand anything of their conversation, but when Marhum Qadhi returned, he said, “He (the creature from the mountain) says that it was from the miracles of Allah swt, (through wind currents which Hazarat Sulayman (A.S.) was allowed to control) and there was no apparent physical apparatus involved at all.”

-http://www.islam-laws.com/marja/alqadhi.htm

A truly incredible story. I'm sure there is another web page which discusses the story in greater detail but I couldn't find it; perhaps Brother Al Mufeed could elaborate..

Edited by MFAHH

(wasalam)

Allamah Tabatabai, the author of Tafsir al-Mizan, reports the following, about his teacher:

“My brother (Allamah Mohamed Hasan Ilahi) had sent a question to our teacher, Agha Qadhi through one of his students that, “The carpet of Prophet Sulayman (A.S.) on which he sat with his entire court and travelled from the east to the west; was it a physical thing, manufactured from some components, or was it a miracle of Allah that had nothing to do with any physical object?” Marhum Qadhi replied to the student, “I do not know the answer. However, one of the creatures who was alive at the time of Prophet Sulayman (A.S.), and who participated in these journeys, is still alive. I will go and ask him.”

Marhum Qadhi set off for an area, which was mountainous. When he reached a particular mountain, a creature who resembled a human being came out, and they began to talk with one another. The student, who had accompanied Marhum Qadhi, could not understand anything of their conversation, but when Marhum Qadhi returned, he said, “He (the creature from the mountain) says that it was from the miracles of Allah swt, (through wind currents which Hazarat Sulayman (A.S.) was allowed to control) and there was no apparent physical apparatus involved at all.”

-http://www.islam-laws.com/marja/alqadhi.htm

Im not actually joking, but being serious. Does this "creature of the mountain" that "resembles a human being" not sound like the infamous Yeti/Sasquatch/Bigfoot or is it just me.

^^ awesome, thanks bro i knew it was something along those lines

No problem, I just wish I could have found the more detailed version of the story; I'm sure there was one :squeez: .

No problem, I just wish I could have found the more detailed version of the story; I'm sure there was one :squeez: .

Al-Mufeed is your man trust me; he told me the full version

Im not actually joking, but being serious. Does this "creature of the mountain" that "resembles a human being" not sound like the infamous Yeti/Sasquatch/Bigfoot or is it just me.

No way Anything's possible. :angel:.

Yer a better detailed version of appearance of this creature is needed!!

i dont think ill be able to sleep at nite now :unsure:

Haha

chewbacca?

chewbacca.jpg

Isn't there another story of when Ayatollah Khoei (ra) was with one of these people (I can't remember which exact scholar it was) and Ayatollah Khoei was shown his future - like he saw himself in front of him growing old, teaching people etc. He then ran out because he got scared and then later the scholar told him that if he had stayed, he could have seen what his judgement day would also look like.

Isn't there another story of when Ayatollah Khoei (ra) was with one of these people (I can't remember which exact scholar it was) and Ayatollah Khoei was shown his future - like he saw himself in front of him growing old, teaching people etc. He then ran out because he got scared and then later the scholar told him that if he had stayed, he could have seen what his judgement day would also look like.

(bismillah)

(salam)

That was Sayyid Ali Qadhi Tabatabai RA who showed Ayatollah Khoei his future.

See the section called His Extraordinary Abilities. http://www.al-islam.org/lessons-lives-ulema/4.htm

Loved tht link!! :squeez:

(bismillah)

(salam)

^ Me, too! This webpage has some repeats you've read before, but others are new:

Anecdotes from the Lives of our Ulama. http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?print=6966