Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
YaAli(as)

Males Of All Species Are Becoming More Female

Rate this topic

I guess its time we switch to organic foods and start caring about the environment...

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/science/2008/December/Males-of-All-Species-Are-Becoming-More-Female.html

Males of All Species Are Becoming More Female

Various studies indicate that unregulated chemicals released into the environment are causing male animals and humans to take on feminine characteristics.

Pollution Puts Men in Danger

Thousands of chemicals released into the environment are interfering with animal and human endocrine systems, resulting in physical changes. Comprehensive research indicates that these chemicals, nicknamed “gender-benders,” are causing the males in many species to become feminized.

In British lowland rivers, 50 percent of male fish were found to be growing eggs in their testes, the Independent reported. Other discovered anomalies include hermaphrodite polar bears or deer with abnormal antler growth.

The full report of the Chem TRUST study, “Effects of Pollutants on the Reproductive Health of Male Vertebrate Wildlife—Males Under Threat,” is available on the organization’s Web site. It emphasizes that the study, which focuses primarily on animals, is also relevant for humans, because “All vertebrates have similar sex hormone receptors.” Thus, the feminization of other animals could indicate a similar pattern in humans. The study also lists the symptoms found in each of numerous species tested, some of which include testicular cancer.

The ill effects of these chemicals have in fact been documented for the human male populations as well. A study led by the Center for Reproductive Epidemiology at the University of Rochester examined baby boys from three different regions of the United States whose mothers had been exposed to substances containing phthalates. Researchers tested expectant mothers for the presence of these chemicals in their urine. Mothers with higher levels of the chemical tended to give birth to baby boys with smaller penises and in some cases, incompletely descended testicles.

Manufacturers of these chemicals, which are used in nail polish, hairspray and perfume bottles, suggested that it was unwise to jump to conclusions based on just one study. However, researchers have also found that male mice exposed to the chemical grow up to have more feminine physical traits, and have found similar results in human boys.

I guess its time we switch to organic foods and start caring about the environment...

Yep. :) But how do people lose their complacency and actually take this as serious?

Males of All Species Are Becoming More Female

This might do it!

Thanks for this – I was also reading something similar in another environmental article.

Think about what we eat – make sure it is organic (we have no idea what is put in the soil or what is applied to the above ground plants of non organic produce) Economic return is what drives most food production decisions – not health or nutrition concerns. Halal is not enough – you need to ask about the animals - where they are raised, quality of feed, antibiotics, etc. Visit the farm if it is nearby – remember you are eating this stuff – know what you are eating.

Think about what we inhale – think about what you are breathing in, such as exhaust fumes in traffic jams; cleaning products, paint and glue products, deliberate inhalants such as heated soot particles and carbon monoxide laced with chemicals of all persuasions, such as from cigarettes, pot, etc,

Think about where we choose to live and to work. Think about travel distance and how much we are adding to the pollution problem; think about the use public transport as an option. Make a conscious effort to choose to live, work and visit areas away from factories and industries and away from lakes or rivers that receive the effluent from these places.

Think about moving your body (aerobically) to keep it functioning and actively releasing toxins. Fat is a nice hibernating facility for many toxic chemical residues. If there is no storage area, and an active healthy digestive and blood filtering system – these toxins are released.

Pregnant moms and children are especially at risk as rapidly dividing (growing) cells are much more vulnerable to toxins.

If we stop ignoring and actually think about these things, we make informed decisions, act on these decisions and help to drive healthier food production and better environmental alternatives. No one is going to take care of this for us, we have to do it ourselves.

Yep. :) But how do people lose their complacency and actually take this as serious?

This might do it!

Thanks for this – I was also reading something similar in another environmental article.

Think about what we eat – make sure it is organic (we have no idea what is put in the soil or what is applied to the above ground plants of non organic produce) Economic return is what drives most food production decisions – not health or nutrition concerns. Halal is not enough – you need to ask about the animals - where they are raised, quality of feed, antibiotics, etc. Visit the farm if it is nearby – remember you are eating this stuff – know what you are eating.

Think about what we inhale – think about what you are breathing in, such as exhaust fumes in traffic jams; cleaning products, paint and glue products, deliberate inhalants such as heated soot particles and carbon monoxide laced with chemicals of all persuasions, such as from cigarettes, pot, etc,

Think about where we choose to live and to work. Think about travel distance and how much we are adding to the pollution problem; think about the use public transport as an option. Make a conscious effort to choose to live, work and visit areas away from factories and industries and away from lakes or rivers that receive the effluent from these places.

Think about moving your body (aerobically) to keep it functioning and actively releasing toxins. Fat is a nice hibernating facility for many toxic chemical residues. If there is no storage area, and an active healthy digestive and blood filtering system – these toxins are released.

Pregnant moms and children are especially at risk as rapidly dividing (growing) cells are much more vulnerable to toxins.

If we stop ignoring and actually think about these things, we make informed decisions, act on these decisions and help to drive healthier food production and better environmental alternatives. No one is going to take care of this for us, we have to do it ourselves.

Good advice. Though I think the main reason why more people don't switch to organic foods is mostly economic. Not everyone can afford to spend that much money, as you can see from the prices at most Organic markets. Perhaps more people should build home hydroponic systems and grow their own Vegi's etc in their apartments as an alternative. We have to start taking this issue seriously especially when it comes to mothers and children since what they eat will affect our next generations. Also many people can't afford to live away from cities given how expensive transportation is getting by the day.

Good advice. Though I think the main reason why more people don't switch to organic foods is mostly economic. Not everyone can afford to spend that much money, as you can see from the prices at most Organic markets. Perhaps more people should build home hydroponic systems and grow their own Vegi's etc in their apartments as an alternative. We have to start taking this issue seriously especially when it comes to mothers and children since what they eat will affect our next generations. Also many people can't afford to live away from cities given how expensive transportation is getting by the day.

Quality food needs to be a priority in our budget. I agree that organic is more expensive – especially meat products…

BUT…… some of this is personal choice due to ignorance. Most people do seem to easily have the money for vast amounts of empty (harmful) foods that are ounce for ounce much more expensive – such as fast foods, prepared packaged snack foods, and processed foods, frozen garbage-food, etc. These foods are really really expensive if you measure the amount of nutrition you are getting vs the amount you are paying. Also, “Eating In” is a lot less expensive and much healthier. Whole grains, legumes, and beans are super cheap. Growing your own veges is a good idea. I would be interested in seeing the advantages of a hydroponic apartment system.

Organic meat products are also very expensive – but we eat way too much meat anyway. We can spend the same budget on meat, but eat less.

If the astronomical medical costs to address the health needs of those afflicted with disease linked to unhealthy lifestyle and poor diet were used, instead, to educate us about healthier life choices and were also used to subsidize healthy foods costs – we would have no economic difficulty with this.

RE: location Part of choosing a career or an income source, needs to be thinking about potential sites for employment…is it a possibility to be outside an urban area? Which countries have better pollution standards, etc.

We only get one short mortal life – no time to sit around and just think about what we should do, could do or might do – we need to just do it! ……

I need to have this convo with myself every once in a while to get me back on track. :P

Quality food needs to be a priority in our budget. I agree that organic is more expensive – especially meat products…

BUT…… some of this is personal choice due to ignorance. Most people do seem to easily have the money for vast amounts of empty (harmful) foods that are ounce for ounce much more expensive – such as fast foods, prepared packaged snack foods, and processed foods, frozen garbage-food, etc. These foods are really really expensive if you measure the amount of nutrition you are getting vs the amount you are paying. Also, “Eating In” is a lot less expensive and much healthier. Whole grains, legumes, and beans are super cheap. Growing your own veges is a good idea. I would be interested in seeing the advantages of a hydroponic apartment system.

Organic meat products are also very expensive – but we eat way too much meat anyway. We can spend the same budget on meat, but eat less.

If the astronomical medical costs to address the health needs of those afflicted with disease linked to unhealthy lifestyle and poor diet were used, instead, to educate us about healthier life choices and were also used to subsidize healthy foods costs – we would have no economic difficulty with this.

RE: location Part of choosing a career or an income source, needs to be thinking about potential sites for employment…is it a possibility to be outside an urban area? Which countries have better pollution standards, etc.

We only get one short mortal life – no time to sit around and just think about what we should do, could do or might do – we need to just do it! ……

I need to have this convo with myself every once in a while to get me back on track. :P

Well might seem easy, but given how the economy is I doubt anyone can risk their sources of income or spend too much, but yes...it would reduce costs that would otherwise go to health care for some people. Anyhow it seems the Government doesn't like private food-supply clubs: http://www.grist.org/article/food-five-tips-for-surviving-a-raid-on-your-farm-or-food-club

So what do people think about the whole Raw Foods movement? Personally I wouldn't want to eat all my foods raw lol, but people lose a lot of weight plus its healthy.

Avoid Bisphenol A. I heard that this is what is making the men more feminine. It is practically in everything nowadays. Even some has been found on our U.S. dollars. Not to mention, those touchscreen phone (or possibly other devices). These touchscreen phones have nano titanium dioxides that have small particles that will disrupt your hormones as well. These elitists are very clever. Educate yourself and stay ahead!

I would use this as a first cleanse: http://www.nowbepure.com/

I would take it every few years if you eat mostly organics. Otherwise you should be taking the protocol yearly to keep healthy physiologically.

Edited by gogiison2

Avoid Bisphenol A. I heard that this is what is making the men more feminine. It is practically in everything nowadays. Even some has been found on our U.S. dollars. Not to mention, those touchscreen phone (or possibly other devices). These touchscreen phones have nano titanium dioxides that have small particles that will disrupt your hormones as well. These elitists are very clever. Educate yourself and stay ahead!

I would use this as a first cleanse: http://www.nowbepure.com/

I would take it every few years if you eat mostly organics. Otherwise you should be taking the protocol yearly to keep healthy physiologically.

Gogi, stop trying to sell me pills :P

+1

It does ultimately come down to paying now and saving later versus saving now and paying far more later with our health and environment. The amount of money that we spend on medication and treatment later by buying junk will come back later to bite us on the behind. Practically speaking, most of us probably cannot afford to pay more in the short term to save on health/enviro later with regards to everything, but we probably can afford to do it atleast to some extent. We don't need to buy everything organic if we can't afford it, just prioritise - meat and poultry, dairy products, baby food, particular fruits and vegies (usually the ones where you eat the skin) are some of the most important foods. Also we don't need buy everything branded - alot of supermarket branded products are often certified organic and much cheaper than the branded alternative. And ofcourse there are things we can do ourselves to reduce the effects of conventionally grown produce. Make sure that you wash your fruits and vegetables really well and I have read that most of the pesticide residue on fruits and vegies are usually concentrated at the top of the fruit/vegie, so you can just cut off the top part.

Organic meat in particular is very expensive, but with all the antibiotics and hormones that go into them it is very important to buy organic if possible. As stated above this would probably mean that we have to cut down our meat intake (Islamically we shouldn't be eating alot of meat in the first place). Unfortunately though, halal organic meat is incredibly difficult to find!

wasalaam

maybe this is also because wome take the pill...and the toilet water gets cleaned and back to us.. but these hormones are not cleaned..

somebody gets my thought ?? :D

maybe this is also because women take the pill...and the toilet water gets cleaned and back to us.. but these hormones are not cleaned..

maybe this is also because women take the pill...and the toilet water gets cleaned and back to us.. but these hormones are not cleaned..