Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Masturbation In Islam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

You make it sound so easy :P but think about it, a teen with raging hormones living at a time where they get bombarded with sexual images and thoughts on a daily basis is overwhelming. Were human and there's only so much someone can take before giving in, scientifically speaking. Now everything you said is right obviously, but it's no way as easy as you put it.

Other things apart from sexual desires can be easier to control since hormones aren't created in your body for the desire. Unless it's a drug addiction almost everything else can be avoidable.

I am doctor so I think I should explain harmonal control too.

Every body knows about memory. We memorize something by readings. We know some people are good in memorizing dates others can best memorize concepts etc etc. This is due to some genetic but mostly because we have developed it as such. We memorize emotions and experiences too, and this memory is for much longer duration.

Like we make muscles to make them strong. We can also make that part of brain strong which we use most. e.g if you are involved in certain emotion for longer period it means you are actually building up muscles of that emotion. So if you are controlling something it means you are building muscles of control of your thoughts in yourself. If you are remembring Allah than it means you are developing your muscles in this regard.

So it is all about what you chose and then develop.

So all of this discussion concluded that harmones are product of your own personal choice.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a strange question. If someone murders someone, it's better than if they raped and then murdered them right?

Masturbation is a Major Sin. It is like doing Zina with oneself. Spirituality, regular Namaz with complete sincere devotion, and Quran recitation is the solution. This is what i understood from "Jihad

if i masterbate like three times a day, how bad is it really? better than having sex with a kafir right?

Posted Images

• Basic Members

In the name of Allah the most benificient and the most merciful.

"Oh Allah! today I am swearing to you by your beautiful names that I will stop and refrain from this evil act for the rest of my life! Oh Allah you had always helped me from hardship and eased the burden on me since birth. You had always been very merciful and kind to me. You had always forgiven me when I sincerely asked you for forgiveness. You had always helped me when I needed helped the most and You had always saved me from disasters and catastrophes in this life!

And now Oh Allah! I want to come back to you! Eventually our return is to you! Oh Allah Please accept my apology and help me through out the jihad, the battle between my trueself and my nafs, the battle between me and Satan!

Oh Allah! I am a muslim! I am a believer! So no way! I will never loose hope in your mercy, in your kindness and in your help. Please bestow upon me your mercy and your help just like when you used to bestow it upon me in the past! Oh Allah you are my only and only hope!

Oh! My Lord! I want to use the 'free will' which you have blessed upon me, in a way which is right, in away which will make bring me closer and nearer to You. In away that its end result is your statisfaction of me and my happiness, your mercy and my thankfulness.

Oh! Lord! Please help me upon this struggle! Please help me win it and ease the path way for me. Oh Allah! I take you as my helper! What a great helper do I have!

Oh my Lord! Please guide me in become one of your most obedient servents! guide me and show me ways which I can follow to use your divine blessings to its fullest and help me to use it for your cause only and help me in thanking you and prostrating before you! Oh! The most merciful!"

Brothers please pray for me in winning this jihad! Inshallah may Allah reward you in Dunya and Akhira!

• Advanced Member

"Oh Allah! today I am swearing to you by your beautiful names that I will stop and refrain from this evil act for the rest of my life! Oh Allah you had always helped me from hardship and eased the burden on me since birth. You had always been very merciful and kind to me. You had always forgiven me when I sincerely asked you for forgiveness. You had always helped me when I needed helped the most and You had always saved me from disasters and catastrophes in this life!

And now Oh Allah! I want to come back to you! Eventually our return is to you! Oh Allah Please accept my apology and help me through out the jihad, the battle between my trueself and my nafs, the battle between me and Satan!

Oh Allah! I am a muslim! I am a believer! So no way! I will never loose hope in your mercy, in your kindness and in your help. Please bestow upon me your mercy and your help just like when you used to bestow it upon me in the past! Oh Allah you are my only and only hope!

Oh! My Lord! I want to use the 'free will' which you have blessed upon me, in a way which is right, in away which will make bring me closer and nearer to You. In away that its end result is your statisfaction of me and my happiness, your mercy and my thankfulness.

Oh! Lord! Please help me upon this struggle! Please help me win it and ease the path way for me. Oh Allah! I take you as my helper! What a great helper do I have!

Oh my Lord! Please guide me in become one of your most obedient servents! guide me and show me ways which I can follow to use your divine blessings to its fullest and help me to use it for your cause only and help me in thanking you and prostrating before you! Oh! The most merciful!"

Brothers please pray for me in winning this jihad! Inshallah may Allah reward you in Dunya and Akhira!

Mashallah Brother,

We will all pray for you.

Ameen :)

• Advanced Member

I am doctor so I think I should explain harmonal control too.

Every body knows about memory. We memorize something by readings. We know some people are good in memorizing dates others can best memorize concepts etc etc. This is due to some genetic but mostly because we have developed it as such. We memorize emotions and experiences too, and this memory is for much longer duration.

Like we make muscles to make them strong. We can also make that part of brain strong which we use most. e.g if you are involved in certain emotion for longer period it means you are actually building up muscles of that emotion. So if you are controlling something it means you are building muscles of control of your thoughts in yourself. If you are remembring Allah than it means you are developing your muscles in this regard.

So it is all about what you chose and then develop.

So all of this discussion concluded that harmones are product of your own personal choice.

Yeah but you can't control the hormones when you're a teenager... the body is developing and growing at this age, puberty doc... you don't control the amount of hormones you're body releases, such as testosterone. For example, genetics will determine how many receptors you have in you're penile tissue, in puberty these will switch on and start to take up the testosterone for growth. Now some people have a high testosterone level and a lot of this hormone isn't getting used up in males gentile system and other areas of the body such as muscle growth, so you have all this spare testosterone inside your body as your body continues to produce more which results in a high sex drive leading someone to masturbate.

So please explain to me how I should control my testosterone levels and others hormones that are released in my body during puberty with out effecting my bodies development?

• Advanced Member

Yeah but you can't control the hormones when you're a teenager... the body is developing and growing at this age, puberty doc... you don't control the amount of hormones you're body releases, such as testosterone. For example, genetics will determine how many receptors you have in you're penile tissue, in puberty these will switch on and start to take up the testosterone for growth. Now some people have a high testosterone level and a lot of this hormone isn't getting used up in males gentile system and other areas of the body such as muscle growth, so you have all this spare testosterone inside your body as your body continues to produce more which results in a high sex drive leading someone to masturbate.

So please explain to me how I should control my testosterone levels and others hormones that are released in my body during puberty with out effecting my bodies development?

Body know how much it needs. This is the beauty of Allah's creation.

You are only interfering your hormonal system with your activities. Stop bad habits and don't think about sex all the time.

Involve yourself in other activities like sports,exercise regularly and pray regularly.

If you want to control it, you can control it and it will never harm you.

Apart from this wet dreams will do the rest.

So don't worry just be brave.

Edited by fightingsoul001
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Salam Alikom!

First and foremost, I thank Allah, for his help and mercy towards me. I also thank everyone who prayed for me and specially thank you brother 'fightingsoul001' and brother 'yamolaAlimadad'. May Allah bless you in this world and in the hereafter.

As It can be seen it has been exactly one month since my last post in which I made a vow with Allah. That post was on the (13/4/2012), and today is (13/5/2012). So today is one month since I won the jihad against my own nafs and against sheitan.

Certainly, I couldn't have won it without the help of Allah. 'He guides whom he wills and punishes whom he wills' is seen alote in the Quran. Oh Allah! I thank you for all the help that u gave me and all the mercy and forgiveness that you bestowed upon me.

I just want to summarise a few changes that happened or came to me after I quitted it.

• Physically energetic and strong- didn't get tired very quickly especially in sport.
  • Wet dreams came back (had 3 so far lol).
  • Higher self esteem- It showed to me that hidden strenght which I didn't know of having before.
  • Happiness- I was proud that I did something good an I truely sensed the help of Allah which showed that he cared about me and loved me.
  • My mind became more open- I realised that there are other things in life which I should concentrate more on, where as before, my mind was not free enough to think about them and realise them.

Once again I would like to thank everyone and specially those who prayed for me. May Allah bless all of you. Amen.

Ma' salam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

thank you brothers for your great advice and warm thoughts

Salam brother,

One should really try this, while masturbating, Take a good coverage video of yourself with a nice camera with wide resolution, and then watch it when you're done. Because on the day of judgement, everybody will see everybody's deeds, be it good or bad, and there, one's mother shall witness it, ones, brothers and sisters, and father shall witness it, one's friends and foes shall witness it ..

May Allah hide our shameful deeds, and may Allah let noor shine from our faces on the day when faces will be dark ..

someone i know(not gonna mention) masturbates. i told him its haram. he said no. then he said because it cleanses the sperm. where the hell did he get that from

When one asks the scholars as to why masturbation is haraam, it is quoted by Masumeen [ams] that they said,

When you masturbate, it is as if you killed your own baby when you ejaculated. Until Ghusl e Janabat, every spot of earth you walk upon sends lanat upon you (Prays to Allah for disassociation from you).

Indeed, what a shameful condition that is.

Salam brother,

One should really try this, while masturbating, Take a good coverage video of yourself with a nice camera with wide resolution, and then watch it when you're done. Because on the day of judgement, everybody will see everybody's deeds, be it good or bad, and there, one's mother shall witness it, ones, brothers and sisters, and father shall witness it, one's friends and foes shall winess it..

It's a good idea to make the video of yourself to humiliate yourself once you watch it again and see how shameful it looks. Next time once Satan overpowers you, the image that you see in your own video would stop you feommdebasing yourself again.

Br. mohsinQ do you have an evidence of that Allah (swt) will show your bad deeds to everybody else on the day of judgement.

I thought people would be even called by the name of their mothers so as to even hide the embarrassment if their mothers were not faithful to their husbands. Out of his immense mercy, he hides peoples sins, not disclose them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Would any mods care to correct the spelling mistake in the thread title?

Its "masturbation".

Thanks.

Salam brother, One should really try this, while masturbating, Take a good coverage video of yourself with a nice camera with wide resolution, and then watch it when you're done....

PMSL

• Advanced Member

Would any mods care to correct the spelling mistake in the thread title?

Its "masturbation".

Thanks.

PMSL

Salamu alayk brother.

Then why did you quote me ? Im no mod.

If my used word is wrong then it shouldn't be because Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary provides evidence that its a rightful verb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(salam)

I haven't read much of this thread but I have a question

Teenagers like 13-16 years old are going through phases where they start to have strong sexual desires. What do they do? If they can't masturbate and obviously can't do mut`a/permanent marriage. Doesn't Islam put this into consideration? If so, what is the solution?

Wassalam

there is a solution from the Prophet he said in a hadith if you cannot get married, then fast becuase having less food weakens the body and the desires

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Im disturbed to see such posts. i dont know about the policy of this website n other users thinks but i dislike such topics mentioning masturbation, eevery 1 knows its wrong.

You know what, No brother, we have freedom of speech and if this is concerning him then he should be able to put it on shiachat.