Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Masturbation In Islam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

lol @ muta with a christian woman, "masturbation is a terrible crime, but go right ahead and do muta with an ahle kitaab girl, thats fine"

am i the only one thinking something isnt right here?

I am right there with you brother.

BTW I should note that although I have referenced "makrooh" for the act of going to a prostitute, this is highly debatable and I have heard it is either makrooh or completely haram (depending on the scholar), so please refer to your marja before getting the wrong idea.

I was mainly referencing the other member whose post I commented on, so I wasn't directly or indirectly really my comments towards you but on the subject and other member at hand. I have been reluctant to contact a marja about this because I know that mut'ah (from what I have seen) is an accepted practice in Shi'i Islam whereas I am directly against the practice itself outright, all together.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a strange question. If someone murders someone, it's better than if they raped and then murdered them right?

Masturbation is a Major Sin. It is like doing Zina with oneself. Spirituality, regular Namaz with complete sincere devotion, and Quran recitation is the solution. This is what i understood from "Jihad

if i masterbate like three times a day, how bad is it really? better than having sex with a kafir right?

Posted Images

• Basic Members

Masturbation is Haram. Find a Christian girl and perform temporary marriage. And if you can't do even do that and you know you will fall in the masturbation sin, then do a temporary marriage with a prostitute.

hello,

what u said is wrong - please dont sprak like this .. Y do u have to do mutah with a christian girls ? and with a hooker u cant do a mutah .. please do read about the mutah and then start this kind of topics..

Thanks

Killer !!

• Advanced Member

lol @ muta with a christian woman, "masturbation is a terrible crime, but go right ahead and do muta with an ahle kitaab girl, thats fine"

am i the only one thinking something isnt right here?

nope not the only one

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I haven't read much of this thread but I have a question

Teenagers like 13-16 years old are going through phases where they start to have strong sexual desires. What do they do? If they can't masturbate and obviously can't do mut`a/permanent marriage. Doesn't Islam put this into consideration? If so, what is the solution?

Wassalam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I haven't read much of this thread but I have a question

Teenagers like 13-16 years old are going through phases where they start to have strong sexual desires. What do they do? If they can't masturbate and obviously can't do mut`a/permanent marriage. Doesn't Islam put this into consideration? If so, what is the solution?

Wassalam

There should be some sort of talk between the parents and the teen in question about sex, sexual desires and how all this fits into living life as a devout and pure Muslim and understand the Islamic rulings, laws and so forth about sex and sexual intercourse between various parties. Sexual urges is normal but we shouldn't encourage immoral behavior just as we can't simply say for example go to your room and read al-Qur'an (not that there is anything wrong with that). They need to know whats what and that certain choices made under circumstances carries very real and very serious consequences both in this life and the hereafter.

We also shouldn't cultivate or ignore the overly sexualized encounter that a young man makes when he encouters a cute young girl. He needs to know that she isn't a ravenous sex machine than is out to corrupt him, she isn't a harlot and she isn't a sex object. He needs to know that not every single conversation, smile, or touch a girl makes towards him isn't some subtle form of flirtation in the pursuit of his loins; they have personalities and are no different than a man and that she should be given the same amount of respect. I mean you wouldn't create sexual fantasies about your mates would you? Ask him how he would feel if someone he didn't know pleasured themself to his normal behavior from a far without him knowing it, perhaps someone he doesn't even like or perhaps hates. Make him understand that those girls that make themselves harlots are someones sister or mom or daughter. Present to the young man all these realities, gently ease him into manhood and tell him you or your Imam is there if he needs help if he is struggling with a certain issue in this area.

Also, what needs to be stressed is self-discipline and the rewards it gives both spiritually and (as is often the case) in the material world at large. I mean talking can go along way and if a parent reaches out and develops that rapport with their child, the child will then feel comfortable in reaching out to the parent if he or she is struggling with this or that and in this way the parent can better steer their child to adulthood. That's it. Just talk to your child. It's that simple.

Edited by Frosty
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I think men, young and old, today need to stop being such pansies and show some self restraint for the good of their souls. I mean come on, sex for one is not that great, if it was then we wouldn't have to do it more than once. For two I don't think that the temptation is such that we should prescribe having sex with a prostitute under false pretenses and enter into a false marriage with said woman. It's called being a man and getting over it. The Muslim community out of any body should realize the importance of self-discipline, it's not that hard to not masturbate, I mean it's really not and it's completely absurd to go through these perverse loopholes as a means to relieve yourself. I mean, if you see an attractive woman, so what? Woopie de doo Basil! The more you sexualize the presence of women and strongly reinforce these notions with things like mut'ah the bigger the problem is going to become. You know what else is forbidden? Adultery and despite this guise of legality the practice of nikah mut'ah specifically for sex in response to masturbation is still adultery, in my opinion. You don't have any honest intentions with this woman, especially if said woman is a [Edited Out], it's strictly about sex and is in direct response to not being able to control your own self sexually. I don't see much difference between this and going out to a pub, picking up some Christian girl and having sex with her. The only difference I see is having this piece of paper that says "oh, yeah, we are married, see, it says so right here, so everythings good." It probably doesn't say in the contract "I'm marrying a [Edited Out] and or non-Muslim woman just so I can make sex with her because I am a child and can't control myself like a man," does it? It's a hollow charade and it's completely perverse. Not to mention the possibility of diseases (most prostitutes aren't that clean) and pregnancy. In short it's called being a man and being a Muslim man. If a person honestly can't help themselves and it's such a problem that it interferes with their daily life then they do indeed have a problem and should go seek counseling and therapy otherwise stop being a whiny baby because you can't have your candy.

Go out, watch a movie, hangout with friends, read a book, smoke a nice cigar or pipe. There is millions of other things to be enjoyed other than sex and if you really want that female contact why not just talk to a woman? Hangout, be friends, why does it always have to be about sex? Why are women forever objects of sex? They are human, they have personalities, it is possible to enjoy the company of a woman without having sex with her or thinking about having sex with her. Shocking I know, but it is totally possible and what's more it's totally halal. Not to mention it could eventually lead to a legitimate relationship were one wouldn't need to consider going through these sick loopholes.

Noone is telling our brs not to practice self restraint and discipline. That is a necessary part of our religion, whether you are married or single. If you fail to restrain your eyes, like it says in the Quran, and you fail to do dhikr when shaitan brings fantasies and images into your mind, then you will definitely go astray, and this is regardless of your marital status.

The specific issue is about some of our brs who do all of the above and yet still go toward haram because of the fact of being single. Mutah is for them. There are others who are blessed by Allah(s.w.a) in the way that they don't go toward haram, even though they are single. Mutah is not for them and I would not suggest it to them. If you can keep yourself away from haram just by using self restraint and discipline and taking the advice from Quran and hadith, then please don't do Mutah. You are right that it is a precarious course and filled with dangers and problems, but none of these dangers and problems are as dangerous and problematic as doing haram. If you do a legal mutah with a girl and fulfill all it's conditions, and in the process contract a disease and die of it, you have died on Haqq and not doing haram. Dying on Haqq is better than living with haram.

I am not suggesting someone to do mutah with someone that has 'been around' if you have any other choice. Also, you can always go both get tested for diseases. In most countries, this is readily available. Salams.

• Veteran Member

Honestly given female attitudes these days, masturbation should be legalized and mutah haramified unless used in very extreme circumstances. 99.9% of women in this world would look more favorably upon a man or should I say would be more likely to consider for marriage who masturbated his urges away rather than resorted to mutah. Obviously this cannot happen as Islam seems to be clear on this matter but that's my opinion anyway.

Of course the ideal way forward is patience and self discipline.

• Advanced Member

Honestly given female attitudes these days, masturbation should be legalized and mutah haramified unless used in very extreme circumstances. 99.9% of women in this world would look more favorably upon a man or should I say would be more likely to consider for marriage who masturbated his urges away rather than resorted to mutah. Obviously this cannot happen as Islam seems to be clear on this matter but that's my opinion anyway.

Of course the ideal way forward is patience and self discipline.

i dont agree, i dont believe in painting wat god made halal as ugly for no other reason than "women cant stand it",i think we shud worry more about doin halal than wat women think is appropriate or not appropriate.

i def dont agree with making masturbation halal, since it ruins the sexual relation between men and women, severly. and mutah is perfect solution to an available problem.

just one thing, men who do mutah shud NOT have a problem marrying a woman who has done mutah befor . I think the only bad thing about mutah now is that if a woman does it shes untouchable if a man does it well doesnt matter, if the whole stigma men have of marrying a girl who did mutah disappears then mutah wud b a good solution to our current problems, and im sure no one wud have an issue about it.

Edited by AlgerianShia
  • Veteran Member

i dont agree, i dont believe in painting wat god made halal as ugly for no other reason than "women cant stand it",i think we shud worry more about doin halal than wat women think is appropriate or not appropriate.

i def dont agree with making masturbation halal, since it ruins the sexual relation between men and women, severly. and mutah is perfect solution to an available problem.

Not painting it ugly, just a question of whats practical in today's world given woman's attitudes. Well you cannot make it halal, its clearly haram from what I understand. I was simply trying to put peoples judgments in perspective. As a matter of halal and haram, no one here should be judging an individual who decides to satisfy his urges and does mutah with a christian women. It is halal, end of story, stop mouthing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Masturbation is Haram. Find a Christian girl and perform temporary marriage. And if you can't do even do that and you know you will fall in the masturbation sin, then do a temporary marriage with a prostitute.

Good luck in trying to find a prostitute who has observed iddah for a few months :lol:

• Moderators

I agree. If a women is a prostitute, that means she makes her living by sleeping with different men. If a women who makes her living this way tells you that she hasn't been with anyone for two months, she is either lying or she is the poorest prostitute on earth. Most likely the former, not the latter. Use your common sense people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Muta is halal while masturbation is haram. Why is it so distasteful to some posters to have a muta with a Christian (or Jew for that matter).

If you have good character and always act in an up right manner by performing your obligations and avoiding the forbidden, in sha Allah she would be guided by you.

• Advanced Member

What exactly counts as masturbation? I know the common definition, but I have a problem where I wake up from sleep mid-climax a lot. Does that count as masturbation if it was in my sleep and I didn't actively do anything?

Can one be held accountable for a situation like that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
don't look at how big or small the sin but look at who you're disobeying.

WOW that is soo true, never heard that before but when i read that i fell in love with it!!!

What exactly counts as masturbation? I know the common definition, but I have a problem where I wake up from sleep mid-climax a lot. Does that count as masturbation if it was in my sleep and I didn't actively do anything?

Can one be held accountable for a situation like that?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I think you are forgiven for that is out of your control

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Salams,

As to the above, I believe there is something similar in a Hadith Al Qudsi which says that the penalty of one sin is perdition (translation).

Meaning that even one sin will put distance between you and Allah(s.w.a). Since Allah(s.w.a) is the source of all happiness, peace, guidance,

etc, if the distance is increased it means that less of this is reaching you. It is like what would happen if the earth moved further away from the sun.

Eventually not enough sunlight would reach it and everything on earth would die. We are totally dependent on Allah(s.w.a), so if the distance is increased

enough, due to our sins, our soul will die. This is something we don't want to mess around with, and thus we are taught by our Imams(a.s) and Prophet(a.s)

to avoid all sin, large and small because you never know which one will distance you just enough to destroy you.

As to the above question, Beechlgz, I know the response is late, but according to my knowledge, doing haram involves a voluntary action.

If the action is not voluntary (involuntary), then it is not a sin, or haram. If you wake up, as the process of ejaculation is happening, and you have

done nothing to 'help' the process along, voluntarily, then it is involuntary and thus not haram. Doing haram involves concious thought, and taking

voluntary aciton to do the sin. If something happens due to circumstances which are out of your control (like a dream you had), then it does not classify

as haram.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Masturbation is a Major Sin. It is like doing Zina with oneself. Spirituality, regular Namaz with complete sincere devotion, and Quran recitation is the solution.

This is what i understood from "Jihad bin Nafs". You think that you are standing in war field fully equipped with Sword and Arrows of your Character. Whenever Shaitan or your Nafs e Ammara attacks you, just attack the Shaitan and your Nafs e Ammara with your swords and arrows. Recite "Tauz" and seek refuge from Allah against your worst enemy Shaitaan e Laeen. Inshallah it will have positive effect on you and Shaitan will have no control over you whatsoever he (laeen) do. Whenever Shaitan or my Nafs forces me to do something i just imagine myself waving sword on Shaitan and just push him away and raise the slogan Allah o Akbar then sooner or later i become the controller of my deeds with the help of my Allah and the Shaitaan runs away. Try it and do this Jehad. May Allah give you success.

Also try to act on this beautiful hadith of prophet (pbuh). Prophet (pbuh) said "Whoever does his deeds with complete devotion in compliance with the orders of Allah and with complete Taqwa and piety for continuous 40 days. Allah makes a spring of wisdom in his heart and his tongue starts telling the words of wisdom to others"

May Allah help you in controlling your Nafs and doing Jihad bin Nafs.

Thank u bro, inshAllah, He will protect u from sin

Thank u bro, inshAllah, He will protect u from sin

• Advanced Member

Salaam brothers maybe somebody here can guide me to the answers that I seek

thank you for that link brother. masturbation being haram is pretty clear but some things aren't

For whatever reason i was always under the impression that if you induced sperm anywhere besides inside of your wife's privates that it was haram.

But on the document you linked it says quite the opposite

But inducing sperm using the hand of one’s wife or through some of the other acts that the wife takes part in upon dalliance is permissible

Which brings me to my next set of questions. Since women don't have semen. Are they allowed to masturbate? Even for the viewing pleasures of the husband?

Is it haram to induce sperm in your wife's mouth? and is it haram for her to swallow it?

My brother once told me that is was haram to make love to your wife standing up.... Is this true?

Is birth control haram? If you pull out before finishing to avoid getting your wife pregnant is that haram?

I'm sorry if my questions seems a little crude. I don't know how else to ask this?

• Veteran Member

thank you for that link brother. masturbation being haram is pretty clear but some things aren't

For whatever reason i was always under the impression that if you induced sperm anywhere besides inside of your wife's privates that it was haram.

Which brings me to my next set of questions. Since women don't have semen. Are they allowed to masturbate? Even for the viewing pleasures of the husband?

Is it haram to induce sperm in your wife's mouth? and is it haram for her to swallow it?

My brother once told me that is was haram to make love to your wife standing up.... Is this true?

Is birth control haram? If you pull out before finishing to avoid getting your wife pregnant is that haram?

I'm sorry if my questions seems a little crude. I don't know how else to ask this?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of a woman would agree to that?? its disguting!

• Advanced Member

What The Hell Advice You are Giving to Him....

Thu........Thu.......ThUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

• Advanced Member

MASTURBATE! I see no place in the Quran where it says not to.

......it is haram. that is clear. what Quran are you reading?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of a woman would agree to that?? its disguting!

LOL I'm hoping my next wife loves me enough to do it for me

My christian ex-wife didn't and it made me very sad

It seems to be common practice. I just want to know if it's haram

Thu........Thu.......ThUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

not sure what that means but ummm ok?

Edited by Amir Kalil

Just put these up:

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/prohibited-intercourse/masturbation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is considered impermissible by the fuqaha.

Semen is najis, thus it would be haram for her to swallow and she would have to make tahir wherever it came in contact with.

See these ahadith:

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/preliminaries/azl---coitus-interruptus

• Advanced Member

sex with prostitute is better than masturbation ? ? ?

R u Saying Zinna Is Better than this dirty act.....oops

One day an a Guy had a discussion with devil, then devil said to guy we will meet in the evening & see who will do more Evil things you or me..

When they meet in the Evening..The Guy said..I today killed 04 people & Looted their money, then i robbed 10 people, then i performed two Zinna's....

The Devil said i only performed one Zinna today...the guy said just one..The Devil replied..Tommorrow this Zinna Will Produce a guy like you...

• Advanced Member

if i masterbate like three times a day, how bad is it really? better than having sex with a kafir right?

A hadeeth, which I can't seem to find:

- Imam 'Ali (as) said, 'that masturbating is like killing him [imam Ali] 1000 times'

So, it's very very bad and haraam

• Advanced Member

One day an a Guy had a discussion with devil, then devil said to guy we will meet in the evening & see who will do more Evil things you or me..

When they meet in the Evening..The Guy said..I today killed 04 people & Looted their money, then i robbed 10 people, then i performed two Zinna's....

The Devil said i only performed one Zinna today...the guy said just one..The Devil replied..Tommorrow this Zinna Will Produce a guy like you...

(salam)

Jazakallah for posting this story !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I think I totally agree with you. How bad could it be.. But its better to find a girl to help you, and its definately best if u can get her to marry you.

It seems that using the word "haram" is like a hobby for sm ppl.. ( haram and halal, can only b sanctioned by express decleration of the omnipotent Allah's), but it seems like ppl take it too lightly & asume too much power..

sex with prostitute is better than masturbation ? ? ?

Good question bro