Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nargela

Marijuana

Rate this topic

don't forget to leave out that it is what prevents cancer and a cure for cancer that mankind has forbade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw96bvFR--g

The video that is posted is slightly misleading.

While there are studies that have shown that the active ingredient in marijuana does slow down cancer, there are other studies that the active ingredient actually promotes cancer (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/411952). Furthermore, the mode of intake also plays a role (i.e smoking vs injecting) as in most studies the mice are injected with a specified concentration directly in their bloodstream. Also, researchers have also pointed out that smoking marijuana does not mean that you will fight/cure cancer because smoking 3 joints a day can do as much damage as 20 cigarettes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2419713.stm). Furthermore, marijuana also increases your heart rate between 20% to 100% for three hours (http://www.drugabuse.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html). There is also evidence, that marijuana actually cause panic attacks (http://www.panicattacks.com.au/articles/mari.html). It also have detrimental effects on the developing brains on young smokers (http://www.examiner.com/mental-health-in-san-francisco/how-marijuana-creates-paranoia). If you happened to have a disposition to Schizophrenia, then marijuana will exaggerate the symptoms (http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention/streetdrugs.html#can)

Actually your argument has already been addressed in that video. there is no link to smoking cannabis and cancer from it. it was an incorrect assumption on the part of those reports. regardless with the twisted world of forbidden what is lawful who is misleading who? regardless i would not buy into this whole drug campaign propaganda unless your willing to believe everything the propaganda machine produces oh wait that would mean saddam had WMD's and iran is making nukes...

I produced scientific papers (with the exception of BBC and the Examiner) not political papers. The risks of Marijuana has nothing to do with Saddam and Iran (These are entirely political issue, which has nothing to do with science). Science does not deal with political issues, the risks with Marijuana are real and it is not something that scientists made up.

I smoked marijuana for 5 years straight on a daily basis. I am only 19 and I have a very short term memory now and have schizophrenia. The doctor said this is from all the weed i used to smoke. I haven't smoked for a year now since I have been extremely religious and being religious and well connected with Allah is the best high you can get and it is halal.

i wish some members on this forum WOULD smoke some weed, it will chill them out a bit n make them less aggressive on the threads lol

I smoked marijuana for 5 years straight on a daily basis. I am only 19 and I have a very short term memory now and have schizophrenia. The doctor said this is from all the weed i used to smoke. I haven't smoked for a year now since I have been extremely religious and being religious and well connected with Allah is the best high you can get and it is halal.

Have you found your memory and schizophrenia has improved now that you havent smoked in a year? ie..Is it reversible?

I have been intoxicated for about the same time as yourself, but I have not suffered with any of this kind of problem, only the odd headache and sickness. So I wonder what makes some people more prone to the problems you've experienced?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Smoking Marijuana is definitely haram (forbidden).

The criteria for whether a substance is haram to consume or not, is not whether it is processed or unprocessed and also not whether it has any medicinal benefits or not.

The criteria is whether the substance is intoxicating or not. The Holy Qur’an says to avoid ‘khamr’, and the literal meaning of ‘khamr’ is anything which places a veil over the mind. Marijuana defintely does this, and so it falls under the title of ‘khamr’ and is thus haram.

Furthermore, from a medical point of view, marijuana causes great harm (acute psychosis, predisposition to schizophrenia, cyclical vomiting syndrome) and does not have any proven medical benefit.

Source

Also, in many places the smoking of marijuana is illegal, and based on my knowledge most (if not all) major ulama' agree it is obligatory to follow the laws of the land you are living in.

Allah (swt) knows best.

Fi aman Allah

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

Salam bros ,

Let me tell you the real story now,

the Du'pont family wanted to introduce cotton into the markets , and monopolise the garment industry .

So they created a marketing strategy in making marijuana illegal, as hemp (marijuana's cousin )was used for making clothes ,food , oil , ropes and building products for thousands of years.

This was a clever strategy and laws were passed to stop hemp and marijuana farming.

Cottons and later synthetics was introduced .

Instant monopoly and success to maximise profits.

Marijuana has been used for medical purposes for thousands of years .

Hemp oil has highest omega 3 fatty acids and is known to prevent cancers.

All of these plants become illegal , to maximise the medical cartels profits . (Du'ponts owned )

(I don't advocate marijuana and I have never touched the stuff.)

But you should know the facts before rattling off someone's clever marketing strategy .

ws

What is the punishment of it ?

I mean if a person has smoke this just a time or two just like that or just to try that stuff ( because of the bad friend circle but he knws it is haram )

Even food alters the state of mind due to the rush of glucose. What sort of lame arguments are these to justify your haram habit. If there are toilets in a mosque they are there out of necessity and purpose. It doesn't mean you can also build a swimming pool and a bar in a mosque as well because the toilet is already there. Sell your products of your flawed thought processes elsewhere. Try 9gag. If you don't follow or respect a unanimous decision of scholars then you're wasting time here. Might as well also change your names to the likes of George, Mike, Vijay, Hernandez etc. so you don't tarnish our image with your incurable ignorance.

Why don't you also take a shot of alcohol as well from time to time? Hey, you remain in control if you don't overdo it, so it must be halal too by your own lame logic.

Hopefully you recover over time. Had one coworker whose also been delusional as a result of it. He doesn't have schizophrenia but he's definitely showing signs of delusions of all kinds.

Have you found your memory and schizophrenia has improved now that you havent smoked in a year? ie..Is it reversible?

I have been intoxicated for about the same time as yourself, but I have not suffered with any of this kind of problem, only the odd headache and sickness. So I wonder what makes some people more prone to the problems you've experienced?

Genetics. If someone is genetically susceptible to schizophrenia, hallucinogens can aggravate existing situations to some extent.

Bro, you're becoming confused. The drugs themselves are not "haram". It is their use for the wrong purpose that is haram.

Alcohol and other drugs I'm more than sure all have medicinal properties to them. But when someone abuses these substances for the sake of getting high or intoxicated off them, then this act is haram because it is not a productive behavior.

Masturbation is also an unproductive behavior.

cough medicine isnt haram but what if take it at high levels with the intention of halucinating?