Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What's The Most Ridiculous Question

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

These are the most ridiculous questions I've ever heard:

Are women allowed to drink while standing in front of others?

Is it okay for a girl to tell the story of her road accident in front of her friends?

Is it a sin for a guy who doesn't score a goal in a football game as the ball is made up by a kafir?

:wacko:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One time this girl invited me to watch some slides that her friends made in the amazon. When I got there I realized they are Christian missionaries, but I stayed to be polite and see the slides. On th

I drove my Paki Sunni co-worker home one night. The next day, he came to me: "Last night, I noticed that you said 'bismillah' before you started the car. Why did you do that? It's sunnah to say bismil

someone once asked me how and when did I learn to speak english :donno: stupid ignorant ROFL

Wasn't a question, but I heard that it was said about me by the secretaries (err, executive assistants...) at work that because of my religious beliefs I will not shake women's hands (true), will not allow my picture to be taken (well, I don't like it, but it's not religious, just a preference, and I don't absolutely refuse it), and that I will not eat anything unless my wife has cooked it (what the....?!)

• Advanced Member

At school, word got around that I'm a Shia. There was one Sunni guy (who's my friend now) who started telling everyone that I cut myself and all those kind of things (in reference to the Ashura rituals).

So the next few days, people were asking me if I cut myself LOL.

There were other people who weren't as direct and trying to be so discreet, to the extent where one guy said to me:

Him: "You were in my dream last night"

Me: "Really, what happened?"

Him: "I don't remember properly, I remember there being blood and knives and you kind of cut yourself somehow."

Me: "Hmm, how wierd."

Him: "It seemed so real, my dreams are normally true."

My thoughts: *You think I can't tell what you're trying to say?*

Edited by Replicant
  • Veteran Member

'Do you have a different Qur'an'

and what made it even more ridiculous was me bringing a copy daily, to read, while commuting to school and keeping it high on a shelf in the class, and all the suspicious ones going through it (when they think I'm not looking) and still asking me the same question incase their eyes were deceiving them! :!!!:

In niqab with only the eyes showing/exposed, I am often asked: OMG!Can you see?!

Err, is it just me or there are other SCers who see with their eyes and not nose/mouth etc? :unsure:

Muslimah: Sorry I don't shake hands with guys.

Guy: Oh. So it's ok if I hug you?

:mellow:

You are shia? Oh, thats nice. I really like Saudia too!

:unsure: connection?

"No, we don't worship Imam Ali (as)"

"sure?"

"yes."

"are you sure you are not doing taqiyyah?"

"YES."

"Do you think I will kill you if you say the truth?"

:unsure: :mellow:

• Advanced Member

hahahaha

good stuff folks

here are 3 i get often:

1) If you blow urself up, will u go to heaven and get 72 virgins?

1a) What if God runs out of virgins (They think the virgins are women from the world who died virgins and also came to heaven...They dont think Allah at the least can create 72 NEW virgins? lol)

2) Can a women have 4 husbands like a man can have 4 wives?

3) Are u with the Taliban? (refuse to shake hands with women and.... alhamdulilah, have a good beard)

• Advanced Member

More:

Guy: Can you take your hijab off infront of your dad?

Me: Of course I can.

Guy: Well, do you sleep with it?

erm...

person: Do you hide stuff in your Hijab?

Me: Nah, why?

person: Well, if I were you, I would have stuck headphones underneath and cheated in exams

hmmmmmm good idea? :mellow: :P

If you take off your hijab, will your parents kill you...literally?

Did Eve wear a Hijab?

Girl: Do you get whatever you want in heaven?

Me: Well yeah, technically.

Girl: OMG! Are you going to ask for a river of chocolate or something?

Girl: You know those girls who wear niqab?

Me: Yeah

Girl: Well, I think there should at least be a little hole for a straw or something. How the hell can they eat! :o

Guy: Omg! You've been to hajj?

Me: yea

Guy: so when you went around 7 times, didn't you get dizzy?

:lol:

to be continued...

:D mine was " Dont you feel hot wearing that ?"

Lol classical question that people always keep repeating to me.

Some others:

Oh...so do you watch TV?huh.gif

One teacher was like...OMG you wear a hijab and you can give a presentation infront of the class?

I thought...ermm whats that go to do with hijab...blink.gif...i am not wearing a hijab on my tongue....rolleyes.gif

[One person after seeing me drink coke] ohhh...you drink coke...*with a shocked expression*...wacko.gif

You know shias spit in their food and then eat. I am like no i am a shia...we dont do that. She goes on to say...nahh you dont know they must be the dirty shias.[ lol...ermm i didnt know there was this category of shias as well]

• Advanced Member

Not really a question, but more of an experience with me.

Upon my engagement, my cousin's husband (who is a Muslim, mind you) comes up to me:

Person: Mubarak ho! *sticks out hand*

Me: Thank you!! Erm, sorry I don't shake hands, but thank you very much!

Person: What do you mean? *sticks out hand*

Me: *smiles in confusion* Thank you :)

Since then, he has not said a word to me. It's so awkward at family gatherings when we run in to each other. The guy hates me cause I wouldn't shake his hand!! And he's MUSLIM!!!!

• Advanced Member

Stupid Question asked by a friend:

Is it true guys can't shake girls' hands in your religion?

My reaction : :squeez: of course that not true !

Umm...is there something I'm not getting here?

• Advanced Member

Isn't that a bit extreme? I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Shaking hands doesn't promote corruption within a society.

Physical contact (which includes shaking hands) between na-mahram is Haram (not permitting), and a sin.

There's nothing extreme about it, it's the rule and Allah knows best.

• Advanced Member

Isn't that a bit extreme? I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Shaking hands doesn't promote corruption within a society.

There is a narration from the Prophet (pbuh) where he says he would rather have a nail drilled through his head than touch a woman he is not allowed.

• Advanced Member

a girl : so you can't eat/drink during ramadhan ?

me : nop..we can't eat from the sunrise until sunset

girl : so how about when it's raining ?

Hahahaha that's cute :lol:

Erm... but that IS true :huh:

Guys really can't shake girls' hands and vice versa

There was this Christian dude in my school, he was a supporter of the Lebanese Forces, a very extremist Christian group.

I was kind of friends with him in the old days.

So once, we were sitting down, eating, and suddenly he pops the question:

So does your dad wear this black thing on his head? :D

• Advanced Member

a girl : so you can't eat/drink during ramadhan ?

me : nop..we can't eat from the sunrise until sunset

girl : so how about when it's raining ?

LOL one of the best ones yet.

erm..... :blink:

I think you missed something hun

The corruption around you of Zina and strong sexual desires between men and women in this planet and even by BOYS and GIRLS that are still in grade 6 & 7, is because of a simple physical contact of shaking hands :)

• Advanced Member

I've been posed many ridiculous questions. The people asking them had misconceptions about Shias, probably still do.

-Person 1: Why do Shias believe Ali was the Prophet?

-Me: No we don't. We believe that he was an Imam and the successor of the Prophet.

-Person 1: Ok.

The next year I heard Person 1 saying to everyone that Shias believe that Imam Ali was the Prophet. I had to correct her, once again!

Person 2: So do Shias go Hajj?

Me: Yeah obviously..

Person 3: So do you hit yourself?

Me: Yes

There was silence after that lol.

Person 4: You Shias are allowed to drink alcohol

Me: What????? No we're not....

This is the most hilarious one. Someone on facebook had posted a status up saying that we shouldn't celebrate anyones death. I replied saying what if they're dictators etc and someone randomly said 'Shia alert' lol. Then they told me that it's only Shias and Americans who celebrate the deaths of martyrs.... suddenly the conversation turned into Aisha and I was like I will bring you proof from your own books to back up my points. I said I will give you page references but the person said no I want to see the book. I said no I'm not going to bring volumes of hadith books to show you but the best I can do is scan the pages and the response i got was ' no i don't accept no taqiyya talk'...

Edited by Hawraa29
  • Advanced Member

mine were: "what is Iraq?"

"do you have hair?"

"what religion are you?" (i wear hijab, so it should be fairly obv.)

and this is pretty dumb too:

girl "why do you have an extra long school skirt?"

me "because i have to cover my body shape and we cant wear tight fitted clothing like tights."

girl "so are you allowed leggings?"

?!

• Advanced Member

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

I was asked in danish: "Do you shower with headscarf?" and "do you sleep with headscarf".

I don't find the questions silly or ridicilous, I just think they reflect the ignorance people have on Islam. It should also be a signal for us muslims that we should invite people more often to Islam, so that kind of ignorance doesn't occur. I mean give people around us the opportunity to know the beauty of our religion.

Wa assalam