Sign in to follow this  
La fata illa Ali

Champions League Final: Barca Vs Man Utd

Rate this topic

Autopsy report of Paul the Octopus:

On being asked whether Man Utd would win Barca, paul the octopus laughed so hard, it ran out of breath, choked and died.

-_- moral of the report: support Arsenal and you will never need predictions from freak animals -_-

(salam)

Done :)

Confirmation: United will wear white shirts, black shorts, white socks v Barca. Goalkeeper to wear yellow shirt, black shorts, yellow socks.

Eltemase Doa.

Edited by Nokare-Zahra

Manchester United's best chance is right now.

Barcelona doesn't have its best defenders at the moment.

No Abidal and Puyol is recovering from career ending injuries.

So if they want to prove themselves as competent, they'll have to do it against the weak defense that Barcelona has right now.

Busquets and Mascherano have problems playing as backs, instead of the usual defensive midfield roles. So this is a chance for Man Utd to take advantage.

I think Barcelona will win because of Messi's hunger. He sometimes just takes over the game and becomes very hard to keep up for 90 minutes.

He's stoppable but just very hard for long durations. Barcelona's other weakness is Villa's shaky behavior. If he was in his 2009 form, Manchester United would be blown off course.

But because of him, it puts more pressure on Messi, and players like Xavi or Iniesta to find the net somehow someway with creative plays. Hopefully Pedro too will step it up, and get more of his form back.

We need 3 strikers, not 1, it's a team sport, if those two fail, we'll have to hope our defense can hold up, and Messi/Xavi/Iniesta pull off some tough plays.

I think I posted my prediction somewhere here weeks back, not sure, if I didn't 2-1 Barcelona.

Manchester United's best chance is right now.

Barcelona doesn't have its best defenders at the moment.

No Abidal and Puyol is recovering from career ending injuries.

So if they want to prove themselves as competent, they'll have to do it against the weak defense that Barcelona has right now.

Busquets and Mascherano have problems playing as backs, instead of the usual defensive midfield roles. So this is a chance for Man Utd to take advantage.

I think Barcelona will win because of Messi's hunger. He sometimes just takes over the game and becomes very hard to keep up for 90 minutes.

He's stoppable but just very hard for long durations. Barcelona's other weakness is Villa's shaky behavior. If he was in his 2009 form, Manchester United would be blown off course.

But because of him, it puts more pressure on Messi, and players like Xavi or Iniesta to find the net somehow someway with creative plays. Hopefully Pedro too will step it up, and get more of his form back.

We need 3 strikers, not 1, it's a team sport, if those two fail, we'll have to hope our defense can hold up, and Messi/Xavi/Iniesta pull off some tough plays.

I think I posted my prediction somewhere here weeks back, not sure, if I didn't 2-1 Barcelona.

One word answer: "MESSI!!!!!!!!!!!"

Man utd will win!!! Who is afraid of barca? A team whose playing style is widely known...

Why barca won against others? Because the opponents either force themselves to play passing football or allowing barca to play its stylish football... But Man utd know their weakness, we just have to allow them play their million passes but when we get the ball we just play counter attacks, and we should play long passes like paul scholes'... United is unpredictable, so better not underestimate it...

Chelsea and arsenal fans want to see united loosing no matter what :D bt we wont inshallah

I'm a Barcelona fan.

In a way, I kind of felt sorry for Real Madrid big time.

I really like and admire Mourinho. I have a great amount of respect for him, for what the brother above said about his legacy.

I know the media took Mourinho's words out of proportion and made him look like a sore-loser.

But I mean, when most teams, lose to rivals, it's natural for managers/coaches to "snap" and take out their anger and externalize their excuses like, "Ahh they are dirty players!!!, the referees were pro-Barcelona, etc. etc."

This is natural, it's not that he actually believes it, it was just a frustration, and he snapped. Maybe some coaches are respectful and say the opposition played better than us. But others as passionate as Mourinho, take the loss seriously because he probably works day in and day out, very very hard, probably harder than Wenger, Hiddink, Ferguson, Scolari, and other coaches. So for him, it really hurts badly.

So I think people should not look at the media's disgusting distortions of making him look like a barbaric and intolerant and disrespectful jerk. Because he's not. He's just passionate.

BTW, Nuri Sahin is going to RM next year, that is a great purchase. I would have preferred Arda Turan to go to a club like RM or Chelsea, because he's that good. But some people still doubt him and want to see him in a mid-tier club first, before purchasing him.

Ironically, Altintop is getting purchased for almost nothing. Even though Altintop, won't get paid much, I'm sure he's probably like "wth, me in Real Madrid?!?!?!". Because the guy was a mid-tier player, had a bad time in Bayern Munich because of their prejudice coach who gave him very few minutes to the point, where he became a bust. Who knows, maybe he can provide some help for RM. He's very lucky to go there, because he's not a high quality player like Nuri.

But yeah back on track. This final, is going to add more sauce to the rivalry. Manchester United and Barcelona are playing like 3 finals within a decade. Ridiculous. I'm sure they'll face each other many more times in the future. No surprises there.

Barcelona gave United a 1st class kicking.

lmao the possession at times felt like a 75/25.

They were like Arsenal, totally outmatched.

I was let down by Hernandez. He was 100% invisible in the game. Park is also overrated, didn't do much, just keeps running, but can't really help on offense.

Rooney did a great job, but didn't have too much support. I think Nani should have started. There's no reason why someone this talented is not started.

As for Barcelona, I wasn't too impressed with Mascherano, I think he was the one that lead to the early goal concession.

He usually has problems playing out of position as a CB. His natural position after all is DM.

Villa was very lucky lol. I still think need another striker. I'm content with Pedro.

Our defense did a lot better than I thought they would.

Great game. Vidic put up a great effort on Messi. Ferdinand was okay.