Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Question About Prayer

Rate this topic

fallah

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Question for both shias and sunnis

Can we do salat whenever we want throughout the day? And if so, is there a specific way to do theses rakats? I'm not talking about the obligatory prayers or "defined" nafl prayers (like 2 rakats before fajr).

Example: Can I pray 10, 15, 100 rakats in the middle of the night, or during the day, if I feel like it? If I can, then how do we proceed with the tasleem? Every 2 rakats?

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Question for both shias and sunnis

Can we do salat whenever we want throughout the day? And if so, is there a specific way to do theses rakats? I'm not talking about the obligatory prayers or "defined" nafl prayers (like 2 rakats before fajr).

Example: Can I pray 10, 15, 100 rakats in the middle of the night, or during the day, if I feel like it? If I can, then how do we proceed with the tasleem? Every 2 rakats?

(wasalam)

(salam)

We have no Nafila prayer which is more than two "Rakats", except Jafar Tayyar, which is 4 rakats.

so as Nafila prayers are two rakat,so it's better that you say your mentioned prayers two by two.

wassalam

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3.jpg

• Advanced Member

(salam)

We have no Nafila prayer which is more than two "Rakats", except Jafar Tayyar, which is 4 rakats.

so as Nafila prayers are two rakat,so it's better that you say your mentioned prayers two by two.

wassalam

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3.jpg

If I'm not mistaken shias have nafila prayers of more than 2 rakats http://www.al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz1.html

I don't feel my questions have been answered. Thanks for your response tho

1. Can I do salat whenever I want?

2. Can I do the number of rakats I want during theses salat?

3. If so, do I proceed like this nya, 2 rakats, salam, 2 rakats, salam, etc?

Would like to get answers from both sides

(salam)

• Advanced Member

If I'm not mistaken shias have nafila prayers of more than 2 rakats http://www.al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz1.html

I don't feel my questions have been answered. Thanks for your response tho

(salam)

(salam)

Yes we do have nawafil salat more than 2 rakat, for example 8 rakat before the wajib prayer of zuhr, 8 rakat before the wajib prayer of Asr etc.

It depends which salat. As for the wajib, they must be performed at specifc times as outlined in the Holy Quran - "Verily prayers have been stated at fixed times for the believers" - Chapter 4, verse 104

As for the nawafil of the 5 main salat, they are normally done before the wajib, except Maghrib Nawafil, which consists of 4 rakat.

You also have the Salat-Ul-Layl which is to be performed preferably before Fajr prayers or at midnight/after midnight. If you are not able to pray at these times then you may also pray after Isha.

For more details regarding these, go to http://www.duas.org/mustnafioth.htm

Then you have other Mustahab (recommended) salat which you can really make any time you want (unless stated otherwise). For example, you have the salat of the Masoomeen (as), Salat of Jafar-at-Tayar (as), Salatul Ghufaylah (after Magrhib), etc.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(salam)

1. : Yes you can , there is no limitation for the time of any mustahab salat, but daily prayer's Nafilas have their own time, like Zohr nafilah is before zohr salat, etc.

2.3 : There is also no limitation on the numbers, like you wanna say 20 rakat mustahab salat in any time, so you should say it two rakats by two rakats, I mean 10 salat which one is 2 rakats like as you mentioned in question 3.

wassalam