Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Racists In American Schools.

• Advanced Member

In the God, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.

As-Salamun Alleykom members of Shiachat,

[America has always had a past filled with racism, hatred, and bigotry. The history of America is a dark history, however, it has also grown into a more mature nation which has provided new technologies and discoveries to the world. The foundation of America is based on the murder, deceit, pillaging, and hatred of the Europeans towards other nations or peoples. America is today, a nation which provides a comfortable living for many people, although it continues to inflict hatred and death towards other nations.]

{My questions are:}

Has racism been institutionalized in American society to the point that it deceives its own people?

Have the Americans been brain washed to believe that hate, racism, and a biased view towards those who are 'different' is okay?

Has America focused too much on being a nation of 'freedom' to the point that it has lost its moral values and ethics?

Did America ever have any valid moral value or ethics?

Wassalam

• Advanced Member

What the OP says is just the truth. America is a rich and powerful country, so it can have its media portray it as a sweet and innocent nation. However, from Day 1 America has been a nation of hate, a nation which killed and looted and raped while preaching about peace and loving one's enemies. Americans exterminated the native Americans, they kept thousands of African slaves, as beasts of burden, they invaded and occupied Mexican land. Americans openly believe in Manifest Destiny, which says that Americans are the best people on Earth, and as a result they can go anywhere they want, and kill the natives and take away their land. That is an unfortunate truth. Now, of course, there are many wannabe Americans in the Islamic World who have no brains, and instead blindly parrot everything America says, since they too stupid to look at history and make up their own minds. There is nothing to be done about them, except ignoring them.

However, to the OP, yes, Racism and supremacism is taught to Americans from a young age. Almost all Americans believe that they are superior to other 'lesser' humans.

Edited by titumir
  • Advanced Member

In the name of God, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful,

As-Salamun-Aleykum,

Is this not true for every nation? I mean, the mongols, the arabs, the persians, greeks, romans, chinese, british, etc...Almost every nation has this dark past. The difference that I am trying to refute is that these older civilizations have gone through these experience and evolved. America is currently in the development stage and is like a spoiled 10 year old child who thinks it knows everything and has experienced to the full extent the same history as other nations. While the other nations are older and more experienced. The child runs around destroying the home and things inside of it, while the adult has to clean up after it. In fact, Americans have not even learned how to deal with themselves yet, and they try to deal with world problems. This is an obsessive disorder that Americans have adopted and it has only become worse. Why should other nations be responsible for America? America is its own nation, with its own people, and should deal with its own issues. You do not even see China, with the enormous population it has, relying on the guidance of other nations. America has become obsessed not only in terms of control, but also in terms of advancement. They keep running and running, but they have no idea of where they are headed and how tired they are. They may not fall and get injured and someone may not stop them, but eventually they will lose their endurance and have to end their run. They will have to eventually turn back, and find out where they started and where they were heading in the first place. I do not mean to insult Americans by this post, I only mean to discuss a serious issue in the world today, so please, do not threaten me or curse at me for posting about a serious issue. In addition, the American constitution has been a cornerstone in the development and success of the American nation. However, how much can this constitution be trusted and followed? Americans are proud of their democracy and bill of rights, but to what extent is this a healthy thing to be proud of? This can actually be more damaging to the nation itself, when it solely relies on a man made document. Although many of the rights stated are very important assets that should be considered and maybe even adopted by other nations, they are in no way perfect and in no circumstance should they be forced onto other nations or governments. This would be a form of Idol worship, to believe solely in a governmental policy to the point that you kill for them, and to ignore all truth. In conclusion, America has dug itself in a deep hole and has become like the Hitler of democracy and is now basing its campaigns on lies, deception, and most importantly greed.

wassalam

• Advanced Member

I am aware of my choices. I did not say I respect or disrespect the country, in fact, every nation has its deficiencies and its advantages. I did not favor one country over another, I simply focused on America for the purpose of improving my knowledge on the topic and to find out other peoples viewpoints towards this topic. I did not tell anyone what to believe or what to think, nor did I place myself above anyone else. In your reply you reacted by assumption, opinion, and mere illusion as opposed to actual knowledge or facts. You assume that I don't respect the country and that I feel I am better than others, your opinion is that I should move from the country, and altogether your statements are an illusion of your own desires. Because you are flooded with the pride of your nation, you feel that anything that is offensive, regardless of how true it is, is wrong. I neither inferred nor stated that I was better than anyone, as a matter of fact, you 'forte' are the one who are playing a psychological game and placing your love and pride before anything else, while commanding that anyone who is not pleased with America should leave. Your comments are useless.

• Advanced Member

As-Salamun-Aleykum,

Is this not true for every nation? I mean, the mongols, the arabs, the persians, greeks, romans, chinese, british, etc...Almost every nation has this dark past. The difference that I am trying to refute is that these older civilizations have gone through these experience and evolved. America is currently in the development stage and is like a spoiled 10 year old child who thinks it knows everything and has experienced to the full extent the same history as other nations. While the other nations are older and more experienced. The child runs around destroying the home and things inside of it, while the adult has to clean up after it. In fact, Americans have not even learned how to deal with themselves yet, and they try to deal with world problems. This is an obsessive disorder that Americans have adopted and it has only become worse. Why should other nations be responsible for America? America is its own nation, with its own people, and should deal with its own issues. You do not even see China, with the enormous population it has, relying on the guidance of other nations. America has become obsessed not only in terms of control, but also in terms of advancement. They keep running and running, but they have no idea of where they are headed and how tired they are. They may not fall and get injured and someone may not stop them, but eventually they will lose their endurance and have to end their run. They will have to eventually turn back, and find out where they started and where they were heading in the first place. I do not mean to insult Americans by this post, I only mean to discuss a serious issue in the world today, so please, do not threaten me or curse at me for posting about a serious issue. In addition, the American constitution has been a cornerstone in the development and success of the American nation. However, how much can this constitution be trusted and followed? Americans are proud of their democracy and bill of rights, but to what extent is this a healthy thing to be proud of? This can actually be more damaging to the nation itself, when it solely relies on a man made document. Although many of the rights stated are very important assets that should be considered and maybe even adopted by other nations, they are in no way perfect and in no circumstance should they be forced onto other nations or governments. This would be a form of shirk (I used the wrong word, I apologize to anyone who was offended by this. I meant Shirk, not Idol worship. I am not able to Edit my posts, also i can't upload an avatar. (referring to admin)), to believe solely in a governmental policy to the point that you kill for them, and to ignore all truth. In conclusion, America has dug itself in a deep hole and has become like the Hitler of democracy and is now basing its campaigns on lies, deception, and most importantly greed.

wassalam

• Veteran Member

I am aware of my choices. I did not say I respect or disrespect the country, in fact, every nation has its deficiencies and its advantages. I did not favor one country over another, I simply focused on America for the purpose of improving my knowledge on the topic and to find out other peoples viewpoints towards this topic. I did not tell anyone what to believe or what to think, nor did I place myself above anyone else. In your reply you reacted by assumption, opinion, and mere illusion as opposed to actual knowledge or facts. You assume that I don't respect the country and that I feel I am better than others, your opinion is that I should move from the country, and altogether your statements are an illusion of your own desires. Because you are flooded with the pride of your nation, you feel that anything that is offensive, regardless of how true it is, is wrong. I neither inferred nor stated that I was better than anyone, as a matter of fact, you 'forte' are the one who are playing a psychological game and placing your love and pride before anything else, while commanding that anyone who is not pleased with America should leave. Your comments are useless.

I dont live there and never would so your comments are a reflection of yourself, not me. I have no pride in your country and would not have. I would not live in a nation I disrespect, indication of your disrespect comes from your attitude and remarks. you make assumptions you apply to me. i never said what you should or should not do or did I commanded of you. I asked a question which you again assumed intent. I have no love or pride in YOUR nation. Do not make up lies about me, your bias is blinding you.

It is good to criticize constructively but you are not doing that. you are only criticizing which will have no outcome or meaning. Saying my comments are useless as you do not like them is self serving.

Edited by forte
  • Advanced Member

You have choices and are free to move to a country which you respect more. Why stay where beings lesser than yourself reside?

I dont live there and never would so your comments are a reflection of yourself, not me. I have no pride in your country and would not have. I would not live in a nation I disrespect, indication of your disrespect comes from your attitude and remarks. you make assumptions you apply to me. i never said what you should or should not do or did I commanded of you. I asked a question which you again assumed intent. I have no love or pride in YOUR nation. Do not make up lies about me, your bias is blinding you.

It is good to criticize constructively but you are not doing that. you are only criticizing which will have no outcome or meaning. Saying my comments are useless as you do not like them is self serving.

If you do not like it then don't reply. Your question is not a valid question, it is a [Edited Out] question. If anyone is biased it is you, because you clearly state that 'beings' are ranked (some are greater and some are lesser). I never stated this in any of my posts. You replied with the intent to manipulate me and my comments. I never said this is 'MY nation' either. Everything you have said so far is garbage and is an obvious and pathetic attempt to avert from the truth and the actual post and comments made. I did not show any dislike or opinion in my post, yet you replied as if I did, in reference to both of your comments. Your comments are useless not because I do not agree with them, but because they serve no purpose to the discussion and to the original post.

• Veteran Member

If you do not like it then don't reply. Your question is not a valid question, it is a [Edited Out] question. If anyone is biased it is you, because you clearly state that 'beings' are ranked (some are greater and some are lesser). I never stated this in any of my posts. You replied with the intent to manipulate me and my comments. I never said this is 'MY nation' either. Everything you have said so far is garbage and is an obvious and pathetic attempt to avert from the truth and the actual post and comments made. I did not show any dislike or opinion in my post, yet you replied as if I did, in reference to both of your comments. Your comments are useless not because I do not agree with them, but because they serve no purpose to the discussion and to the original post.

All you listed about the country you reside in is listed as negative. There is no balanced commentary as to postives. You have ranked the country as poor in all areas mentioned.

Your location is listed as Bay Area, CA. Last time I looked that was in the US.

If you only want favorable responses on a public form, dont post. Start a blog instead.

• Advanced Member

All you listed about the country you reside in is listed as negative. There is no balanced commentary as to postives. You have ranked the country as poor in all areas mentioned.

Your location is listed as Bay Area, CA. Last time I looked that was in the US.

If you only want favorable responses on a public form, dont post. Start a blog instead.

Why am I obligated to post good things about the country? The country is in 3 wars, the economy sucks, and the society is lazy. Why would I post something good?

It is your choice to reply or not to reply. Since when are you the moderator of ShiaChat?

• Veteran Member

Why am I obligated to post good things about the country? The country is in 3 wars, the economy sucks, and the society is lazy. Why would I post something good?

It is your choice to reply or not to reply. Since when are you the moderator of ShiaChat?

Yes there is nothing good to post about YOUR country. Yes it is my choice as I have said. Good you learned something.

Edited by forte
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wonder , cause i've been in similar conversation before , why pople in SC get offinsive when someone from other culture ask a cultural question?

should people know the answer before asking or should they be super intelligent to ask a question?

The OP is asking about the origin of racism in America and the current racism despite all laws , maybe some books will provide him with answers better than SCers and maybe someone will provide him with name of a book?

anyway , to teh OP : ye better read about the racism in Europ currently , in Iran and in Arabia , still living practice

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Salaam,

The topic was America. I am not doubting that there are problems any where else in the world. The world is full of problems. Internally the countries in Asia, Africa, and South America are the most corrupted. Although the governments are doing more it seems to develop what is inside the country then to go abroad and deal with another nations issues. My topic was about American society and not about the world. If you are comparing it to the world, then say so. But you are all going away from the 'original post', which is about American society. I have been raised in this society, that is why I am asking the question and starting the topic about this society to see if anyone has any advice or thoughtful opinions on the topic. Books on racism would be very useful, from an Islamic viewpoint. I always here that Islam is about unity and equality, but I have never read any hadith on racism, as far as I remember. If anyone finds some hadith please post it here.

In the God, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.

As-Salamun Alleykom members of Shiachat,

[America has always had a past filled with racism, hatred, and bigotry. The history of America is a dark history, however, it has also grown into a more mature nation which has provided new technologies and discoveries to the world. The foundation of America is based on the murder, deceit, pillaging, and hatred of the Europeans towards other nations or peoples. America is today, a nation which provides a comfortable living for many people, although it continues to inflict hatred and death towards other nations.]

{My questions are:}

Has racism been institutionalized in American society to the point that it deceives its own people?

Have the Americans been brain washed to believe that hate, racism, and a biased view towards those who are 'different' is okay?

Has America focused too much on being a nation of 'freedom' to the point that it has lost its moral values and ethics?

Did America ever have any valid moral value or ethics?

Wassalam

The vast majority of countries of the world, in their past development have used violence as a means of gaining power. Perhaps u had forgotten that america itself was oppressed under the rule of the british. It has developed within itself, granting rights and peace between all the people of its nation, sunnis, shias, protestants and catholics, atheists etc. It has given extended rights to many of its demographics over time, like women who can now run for president and do any job a man can do if they so wish, and blacks who at one time couldnt even use certain bathrooms. The country has indeed developed over time in its methods and society of life, and now the people of those pasts generations have grown and are now the leaders, and they in many cases are attempting to extend the great changes they have undergone to the rest of the world.

Obviously there are still the war mongers, there are still those who are interested in the money as well, but there are also new organizations that are fighting for legitimate freedoms. America is a large network of people, and should never be judged on stereotypes or by the actions of 1 group. It is a melting pot of people from all nations from around the world.

I am an american, and i dont consider myself racist, i live in a liberal area where, even as a black man people do not hate me. Although im sure there are still racists here in other places, most modern places demonstrate little to no racism, even when it comes to religion.

Whether or not people believe it, it would be economically more beneficial to develop and advance peoples freedoms in the world. On top of that, a nation cannot lose its ethics by granting people freedoms. There are many pious muslims here as well as christians. People choose their way of life so long as they have tolerance and respect for one another.

What the OP says is just the truth. America is a rich and powerful country, so it can have its media portray it as a sweet and innocent nation. However, from Day 1 America has been a nation of hate, a nation which killed and looted and raped while preaching about peace and loving one's enemies. Americans exterminated the native Americans, they kept thousands of African slaves, as beasts of burden, they invaded and occupied Mexican land. Americans openly believe in Manifest Destiny, which says that Americans are the best people on Earth, and as a result they can go anywhere they want, and kill the natives and take away their land. That is an unfortunate truth. Now, of course, there are many wannabe Americans in the Islamic World who have no brains, and instead blindly parrot everything America says, since they too stupid to look at history and make up their own minds. There is nothing to be done about them, except ignoring them.

However, to the OP, yes, Racism and supremacism is taught to Americans from a young age. Almost all Americans believe that they are superior to other 'lesser' humans.

The native americans were whiped out hundreds of years ago, the people of those generations do not exist today, i am in part native american myself and i have no grudge against the people of todays time for what their ancestors did long ago. Blacks have indeed been oppressed, but look now at the freedoms they have gained through peacefull protests. I too am in part black, and now if i want, i can even potentially lead the country. This is a clear demonstration of how human rights have changed in the US over time. You mentioned the US occupying mexican land, but look now, mexicans in this country are practically the majority, there is no oppression of mexicans here nor in mexico. As a matter of fact, the real issue is keeping mexicans out of this country.

I am american and i do not believe i am superior to any other human, as a matter of fact, that is exactly the opposite of what were taught in gradeschool. We have people here from all races, asians, arabs, caucasions, hispanics etc etc, i have friends with all different backgrounds from all over the world, and i will say that none of them are my enemies, and were absolutely all equals. As a matter of fact, its the great racial variety here that demonstrates the greatness of varying cultures.

You can see the cultures of people allowing them to excel in various ways here, so if anything, i have something to learn from those around me.

As-Salamun-Aleykum,

Is this not true for every nation? I mean, the mongols, the arabs, the persians, greeks, romans, chinese, british, etc...Almost every nation has this dark past. The difference that I am trying to refute is that these older civilizations have gone through these experience and evolved. America is currently in the development stage and is like a spoiled 10 year old child who thinks it knows everything and has experienced to the full extent the same history as other nations. While the other nations are older and more experienced. The child runs around destroying the home and things inside of it, while the adult has to clean up after it. In fact, Americans have not even learned how to deal with themselves yet, and they try to deal with world problems. This is an obsessive disorder that Americans have adopted and it has only become worse. Why should other nations be responsible for America? America is its own nation, with its own people, and should deal with its own issues. You do not even see China, with the enormous population it has, relying on the guidance of other nations. America has become obsessed not only in terms of control, but also in terms of advancement.

wassalam

There are clear diifferences in government between countries like china and libya, or china and seria or china and afghanistan etc etc. I wouldnt use that as an example.

The country did not start the first 2 official world wars, the economy is down right now, but is still far greater than most others, and is recovering. and dont say the society is lazy, the scientists i know and work with, probably alone do more work than majority of people in the world with their field. I dont know what world you live in, but many people from all around the world immigrate here and do work really hard. Go call a mexican lazy when he builds an entire house over night for minimum wage. Go call harvard grad students lazy when they get summa cum laude in courses that majority of the world couldnt handle. go call some asian americans lazy when they statistically have the greatest math skills in the world.

there are lazy people, absolutly, but there are lazy people in every country, and its no reason to ignore the rest of us who do work hard. Its not my fault your yourself arent part of the hard working force and do not see them :P.

I think the reality is, there will always be nay sayers for everything. In every country, for every situation, there will always be people who disagree with certain things or have different opinions. My advice for people who live in america and do not like it here, would be to move.

• Advanced Member

Look up Cornell West.

Its a crypto-fascist state and is rotting....jungle capitalism has brought it to its knees and laughably it still jumps from 3rd world country to poverty stricken nation bombing and shooting its failed ideals and notions into helpless people.

AS for the infantile reactionary "go away if you hate us"...typical really of the mentality nurtured by a closed society. Lookfor the dissenting views and opposing views in the mainstream media to those held by government.....zilch...theres your freedom...more akin to a totalitarian state.

Lookfor the dissenting views and opposing views in the mainstream media to those held by government.

what are you kidding me? Have you not seen mainstream media programs talk about how bad certain government groups are and what they would do differently? There are absolutely opposing views. The media itself in many cases will actually ruin government officials jobs and sets them up for failure.

• Advanced Member

how does Islamophobia in America compare to Irano-phobia in Saudi Arabia, or B'hai-phobia in Iran? How easily could I go around talking about the virtues of American society if I were in Qom? Racism together with rational and irrational phobias exist in all societies, the question is how responsive are those societies when it comes to recognizing and dealing with its own flaws. Every nation and state is a work in progress.

• Moderators

I doesn't cease to amaze me with what authority people will speak about Americans and how they think without ever having lived here.

+1

I will also add that No country or people are inherently racist. We were all created by Allah(s.w.a) in a pure state, originally. Racism is a learned trait, and is reinforced by ignorance and only pre-judging people (which is a form of ignorance). I have traveled in Europe and the Middle East and I have seen just a much or more racism there as I have seen in my native country, the U.S. Also, it is important to draw a clear distinction between the policies of the U.S. Government and the American people. They are two completely different things. As a example, U.S foreign policy, and especially when it comes to foreign policy related to the middle East, is completely controlled by the Zionists and the Zionist lobby. This was very apparent in the recent speech of the Zionist criminal murderer and racist Netanyahu who addressed the U.S. congress this week. Because of the fact that the Zionists also completely control the U.S. media, they hide the crimes committed by Israel and only talk about the 'missles of Hamas' or anti-U.S. demonstrations in Pakistan and other countries without giving any context, such as what they are demonstrating about (the fact that there are daily U.S. drone strikes that kill innocent civilians).

So I was watching CNN (which I very rarely do) and there was some commentators saying 'how could Israel negotiate with Hamas when they have fired x1000 missles at us'

Of course, not mentioning that those 'missles' are nothing more that super sized fire crackers and maybe 1 in 100 actually causes any significant damage or death while and not mentioning that these missles were fired, usually, after an Israeli soldier had actually shot dead a palestinian women or teenager for nothing more than picking up a stone or less than that. Also, most Americans are politically apethetic and don't think that these issues directly affect their life so they don't bother to investigate and 'fact check' what the news media is actually telling them. I blame them for that and it is a problem. But saying that a majority or even a significant minority have any direct involvement in the crimes that the U.S. government or military commit overseas is ludicrous. Most don't even know that it's going on. They get up, go to work or school, and go about their daily lives and occasionally flip on the news for a few minutes, and most of the new here is local news and not international.

• Advanced Member

Racism in America?

Farhad, well, it's like this.

They get taught that they are the best and that their values are higher than the rest of the world.

So over time, when you systematically encourage them to think that they are #1, they do FEEL like they are #1.

So when they see opposing values and norms from other nations and cultures, it creates, I don't know, a bit of cognitive dissonance.

But I don't think all of them are racists. I guess it depends on the degree of racism you are talking about.

Most of the violent racists are in the deep South in places like Mississippi, Arkansas, some parts of Georgia, and places of that nature. I've heard of some skinhead like attacks toward Africans, Mexicans, and none-white in those types of areas.

But when it comes to events, they are I think to an extent, verbal racists, that will straight up say things like, "I don't like Islam for reasons XYZ". Not all will act this way, but some just assert their opinions.

But, unfortunately, yes, prejudice still does exist. I was 4 or something and my mom, aunt, 2 cousins, and sister, went to the beach and subsequently tried to go to a restaurant nearby, but they showed their indirect prejudice by saying there's no seats available lol.

Or another example is of some police officers in the past giving people with dialects a really hard time e.g. German guy who was treated terribly when he sped and was equated to a Nazi on the basis that he was a German.

Or the many times where parents of my closest friends would make negative remarks about Mexicans.

I think to an extent these things are modeled, where you imagine the white middle class educated man as superior to the rest. This is kind of a Western norm.

But, if we had to measure overall racism, I would definitely say Americans are less racists than Germans, Russians, French, Argentinians, Japanese, and many other groups of the world that come to mind.

But you of all people, lol, live in the Bay area, that's arguably one of the greatest areas to live for any immigrant.

But I do hope that people would see all 50 states as separate in nature. Because culturally, each state is different from the other. Especially when it comes to the attitudes and behaviors of West coast Americans to East coast Americans.

• Advanced Member

1. I am talking about america, and people are comparing with other places. If you talk about an apple, 'why is it a fruit', do you say, 'well, a cellery is a vegtable'...

2. When you say, "i am american" once, it is enough. I am sure people understand that you are an american.

3. No one asked for advice. It is more based on common sense.

4. Mexican's in mexico and in america, you say, are not oppressed. They shoot innocent people on the border. In mexico, the government is run by crime.

5. You say the government is diverse, but they are all the same. Same puppet in a suit. Same ideas and beliefs. In general, american government is a democracy, run by american people.

This makes the country supposedly 'united'. The fact is that if a country is so 'united' why are they at war with others, why is the economy garbage, why is there still hate crimes, why is there still racism, why is there still issues and differences in every matter?

6. You can continue to assume in every case and answer my question or topics with assumptions, commands, and baseless opinions. The truth is that you claim things that you cannot back up. Anyone can claim that they can build a castle or make the world change. If they do not have the means or the mind, they will never build it and never fulfill those claims. They will end up in constant failure. There is a difference between optimism and fantasy.

-All of this was to Isulian, forte, and the rest of those who are crying about my post because they don't like it and it's not the way they want it... BoooHooo..

-I type a question and start a post.

/you start an argument and spread lies.

-I am being honest

/you begin to hate me for it

-I tell you that your not right.

/you start a war (on a forum on the internet)

I am going to ignore.

• Advanced Member

I think the reality is, there will always be nay sayers for everything. In every country, for every situation, there will always be people who disagree with certain things or have different opinions. My advice for people who live in america and do not like it here, would be to move.

That's ridiculous. If the status quo presents itself a problem, you do what you can - within the legal and constitutional framework - to change those wrongs. This is how America evolved from what it once was.

There's been a lot of progress made in American society, but just as in any other society, new, unaddressed problems creep up, and it's extremely important those issues are tackled with the same passion and resilience which was displayed by the celebrated figures of the past.

Saying, "Don't like it, leave," is such a dangerous mentality. The beauty of America is it's civil institutions, which are constantly working to address the wrongs of it's society. Without them, this country would be no better than any other 3rd world country.

Edited by Fiasco
  • Veteran Member

Media and War on Terror are main culprits for racism to "brown" people.

It is the fear of militant Islam they hear day in day out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ES00SNsI_A

Here the young Americans (along with some older) stand up against bigotry, so this would be the schools are doing a good job in teaching tolerance and respect. It is the older Americans that are intolerant, just as older people in most cultures.

• Veteran Member

That's ridiculous. If the status quo presents itself a problem, you do what you can - within the legal and constitutional framework - to change those wrongs. This is how America evolved from what it once was.

There's been a lot of progress made in American society, but just as in any other society, new, unaddressed problems creep up, and it's extremely important those issues are tackled with the same passion and resilience which was displayed by the celebrated figures of the past.

Yes, to change wrongs and to address with passion and resilience is the best idea. Recognize what is right and have ideas to replace what is wrong .

Saying, "Don't like it, leave," is such a dangerous mentality. The beauty of America is it's civil institutions, which are constantly working to address the wrongs of it's society. Without them, this country would be no better than any other 3rd world country.

If someone is more of the problem than the solution, that means that person is not addressing problems but creating more society problems as that person is not an asset but a liability. That is not progression. The country is better off without them.