Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ascension

Is Salman Rushdie Worse Than Osama Bin Laden

Rate this topic

Why have you a problem with Salman Rushdie? i was under the impression that The Satanic Verses did a good job of exposing Sunni lies about the prophet.

Why have you a problem with Salman Rushdie? i was under the impression that The Satanic Verses did a good job of exposing Sunni lies about the prophet.

i dont care about him, he wrote a dumb book and he should have been ignored.

because of muslims he is now a millionaire.

I honestly think writing a book where all the prophet's wives were hired prostitutes except for Aisha who is not portrayed as Arab, but Indian, is a pretty big insult.

To the OP, I could care less about Salman Rushdie, a half assed writer who is only known for his controversy.

is killing 3,000 civilians plus twisting your religion by recruiting more muslims to murder both non-muslims and muslims not as bad as writing a stupid book?

God is the best judge of how bad someone is.

As far as I am concerned, the American bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a bigger sin that Osama killing 3000 people.

let me ask you this "ascension":

do you believe that as osama is responsible for the lives of innocent people killed,rushdie is equally guilty for the lives of people who died because of his deliberate and irresponsible act?

do you believe that as osama is responsible for the lives of innocent people killed,rushdie is equally guilty for the lives of people who died because of his deliberate and irresponsible act?

mehdi soldier, in your defense, could you care to elaborate?

mehdi soldier, in your defense, could you care to elaborate?

in islam every soul is as important as all of mankind.islam got human rights than anyone or anything else.bin laden is the mastermind of sept. 11 and a criminal.the damage was huge.rushdie did not kill or mastermind the death of 3000 people.but in my view he is guilty of manslaughter as is bin laden.rushdie knew what he was doing and acted dumb.he had an agenda and was being motivated to do what he did in the name of "freedom of speech".

in my view,killing one soul or 10 souls is all equally bad.if you kill one person or 10,and you're found guilty,in a country the punishment for murder is the death penalty,both the killer of 1 and the killer of 10 would die.

HOLY QURAN 5:32

whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

Edited by mehdi soldier

in islam every soul is as important as all of mankind.islam got human rights than anyone or anything else.bin laden is the mastermind of sept. 11 and a criminal.the damage was huge.rushdie did not kill or mastermind the death of 3000 people.but in my view he is guilty of manslaughter as is bin laden.rushdie knew what he was doing and acted dumb.he had an agenda and was being motivated to do what he did in the name of "freedom of speech".

in my view,killing one soul or 10 souls is all equally bad.if you kill one person or 10,and you're found guilty,in a country the punishment for murder is the death penalty,both the killer of 1 and the killer of 10 would die.

HOLY QURAN 5:32

whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

Okay, so you see Salman Rushdie as responsible for the deaths that were caused by those that overreacted to his book because he wanted that reaction to happen to prove his point, I take it?

Of course not everybody reacted the same way to Rushdie's book, I'm sure. I'm too young to really have seen the incidents happen, so more information that clears up any generalization concerning the Muslim world's response to Rushdie helps.

Okay, so you see Salman Rushdie as responsible for the deaths that were caused by those that overreacted to his book because he wanted that reaction to happen to prove his point, I take it?

Of course not everybody reacted the same way to Rushdie's book, I'm sure. I'm too young to really have seen the incidents happen, so more information that clears up any generalization concerning the Muslim world's response to Rushdie helps.

please watch the below video and understand why Terry Jones like rushdie both have blood in their hands (both knew that the result could be violence and destruction and they followed just that in a deliberate bid to provoke and offend others):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyBvT66lPM&feature=player_embedded

Edited by mehdi soldier

i suppose by your logic salman rushdie was responsible for saddam invading kuwait then

rushdie wrote a book, not knowing the implications it would bring (after all it was 1988)

terry jones burned the quran knowing full well the implications of such an action

apples to oranges

I don't care what anyone on these forums has to say. But I have respect for Osama Bin Laden for standing up for his beliefs. However odd they may be in nature.

In a way, he reminds me of a violent Buddha.

Both Bin Laden and Buddha came from ridiculously wealthy families. They were expected to live like kings. But both decided to turn their own fates and create their own destinies.

I don't believe Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, I believe this was an inside job by the U.S. much like the Beslan Massacre and Russian theater bombings in Moscow performed by the KGB/FSB.

But Bin Laden's downfall was his ideology.

However, I think he's >>>>>>>>>> than Rushdie whose mind is only on making wealth and has no respect for Islam at all.

Bin Laden probably has some distorted form of respect for Islam. But Salman has no form of respect. Therefore Salman= worse.

I don't care what anyone on these forums has to say. But I have respect for Osama Bin Laden for standing up for his beliefs. However odd they may be in nature.

Both Bin Laden and Buddha came from ridiculously wealthy families. They were expected to live like kings. But both decided to turn their own fates and create their own destinies.

I don't believe Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, I believe this was an inside job by the U.S. much like the Beslan Massacre and Russian theater bombings in Moscow performed by the KGB/FSB.

However, I think he's >>>>>>>>>> than Rushdie whose mind is only on making wealth and has no respect for Islam at all.

Bin Laden probably has some distorted form of respect for Islam. But Salman has no form of respect. Therefore Salman= worse.

lol ok

how can you claim the bombings and the beslan massacre were performed by the kgb/fsb when basayev himself admitted to it?

unless you think basayev was a kgb/fsb agent himself, he was solely responsible for it.

Edited by ascension

lol ok

how can you claim the bombings and the beslan massacre were performed by the kgb/fsb when basayev himself admitted to it?

unless you think basayev was a kgb/fsb agent himself, he was solely responsible for it.

I don't know man. Basayev could be "pulling" a Bin Laden. Bin Laden claimed a bunch of terrorist attacks, but there's no empirical evidence for it.

A lot of terrorists and things of that nature, want credit for things they've never done. Just to add fuel on the fire. To gain more notoriety.

Litvinenko is my source for the KGB/FSB scandals. But I do know the KGB/FSB is notorious for these kinds of things.

Whether Basayev is a FSB/KGB member, I wouldn't be surprised.

Your lack of logic is only amplified by your lack of knowledge and lack of respect.

Lack of respect - What gives a Muslim the right to compare the Buddha - a Holy Man to Bin Laden - a swine dog? How would you take me comparing the Prophet to Hitler?

Lack of knowledge - BinLaden took credit for 9/11 and the USA has no interest in bombing Russian Theaters - bombing swine dogs protected by Pakistani Secret Service, but not Russian civilians.

Lack of logic - Bin Laden is worse than Rushdie - if you were to try to make such an argument, you better have some very strong arguments. Saying that someone who has no respect for Islam is worse than a mass murderer is not something that most people would think is a mainstream or even an intelligent thought.

You might consider reading and learning from others. Your views disgust me.

Your lack of logic is only amplified by your lack of knowledge and lack of respect.

Lack of respect - What gives a Muslim the right to compare the Buddha - a Holy Man to Bin Laden - a swine dog? How would you take me comparing the Prophet to Hitler?

Lack of knowledge - BinLaden took credit for 9/11 and the USA has no interest in bombing Russian Theaters - bombing swine dogs protected by Pakistani Secret Service, but not Russian civilians.

Lack of logic - Bin Laden is worse than Rushdie - if you were to try to make such an argument, you better have some very strong arguments. Saying that someone who has no respect for Islam is worse than a mass murderer is not something that most people would think is a mainstream or even an intelligent thought.

You might consider reading and learning from others. Your views disgust me.

I compared him to Buddha because both came from wealthy backgrounds but had their own change in philosophies toward life (however wrong or right either of them can be). One was peaceful, one was more violent, but they both had that similarity in background of abandoning that rich and lavish lifestyle to approach social problems of the world in a quite different manner.

Where did I say the U.S. bombed Russian Theaters you ignorant buffoon? I said the KGB/FSB did that. You need to learn to read.

I don't see how Salman Rushdie someone who probably doesn't want to have even 0% to do with Islam is >>>>>>>>>>> than someone who has some level of Islamic beliefs.

I would seriously argue that Bin Laden and his Salafist views and beliefs has more in common with Iran, Islam, Muslims, and Muslim countries, than Salman Rushdie does in his mind and in his lifestyle.

Edited by ShiaBen

There is no reason to think Rushdie's intention was for people to be hurt by his book, it was a work of fiction and the parts that had references to the religion were surreal dream sequences. The satanic verses are never put forward as a factual dipiction of the Prophet(saw). He didnt incite hatred or try and instigate acts of violence, he actually opened up discussion about certain ahadith and helped us to identify the extremists from the moderates. Theyre not remotely comparable.

O really? how about i stand up for my beliefs and come to your house and make a bonfire of your 'rock' CD's, which im assuming you have since you goto 'rock concerts' ?

If instigating the murder of innocent people, including children, is your idea of 'standing up for his beliefs' then i feel worried for you, seriously.

2ndly, he wasnt fabulously wealthy, his father was, the 2 dont necessarily follow. He was never going to inherit after his family dis-owned him. A great many people grow up with wealthy parents or grow up poor and attain wealth and you know what amazing thing they do? they set up and contribute to charity organisations that save and improve the lives of people immeasurably. But you'd rather admire a hate preacher that misrepresents your religion. Ok.

Some people prefer conspiracy theory to reality. The likelihood of 9/11 being an inside job, by any standards of rationale, are so slim that i think you should take it as a warning sign that you need so keep a bit more busy than you have been and stay away from websites that find fact and fantasy easily interchangeable.

O really? how about i stand up for my beliefs and come to your house and make a bonfire of your 'rock' CD's, which im assuming you have since you goto 'rock concerts' ?

If instigating the murder of innocent people, including children, is your idea of 'standing up for his beliefs' then i feel worried for you, seriously.

2ndly, he wasnt fabulously wealthy, his father was, the 2 dont necessarily follow. He was never going to inherit after his family dis-owned him. A great many people grow up with wealthy parents or grow up poor and attain wealth and you know what amazing thing they do? they set up and contribute to charity organisations that save and improve the lives of people immeasurably. But you'd rather admire a hate preacher that misrepresents your religion. Ok.

Some people prefer conspiracy theory to reality. The likelihood of 9/11 being an inside job, by any standards of rationale, are so slim that i think you should take it as a warning sign that you need so keep a bit more busy than you have been and stay away from websites that find fact and fantasy easily interchangeable.

His family dis-owned him BECAUSE of his Actions

He Did not commit these actions BECAUSE his family dis-owned him

Also, as for inherited wealth...yes, he was among the first in line to inherit billions. He was given 300 MILLION to his personal bank account at the age of 14 (this is despite all his needs are being taken care of by the family) as a BIRTHDAY GIFT/COMING OF AGE GIFT

So we can conclude that he was NOT fabulously wealthy, he was INSANELY Wealthy.

As for what the 'what great people do'

It's clear, from the Qur'an and Sunnah along with many Scholars and revered personalities (from both schools) that among the BEST deaths in Islam is death on the Battle field. And among the best people are the righteous ones who make Jihad solely for the cause of Allah. Most other deaths/actions come secondary.

Not to mention he actually went to the front lines himself during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan and there are PLENTY of authentic reports from those who liked him and continue to like him along with those who liked him but no longer support him that he was seen MANY times in the thick of the fighting/fire fights. Even wounded a couple of times, right there on the front lines. That is one of the things that garnered him his mass appeal. You dont see many, if any billionaires doing that now do you.

Anyone with money can sit home and fund or vocally support things, weather they be charities, fighter groups, wars etc etc. But it takes a person totally on another level to actually go out and do the dirty work.....and it takes someone on even another totally different level to do so when they are set to inherit BILLIONS (yes, with a B! ) and are already have a personal fortune at 14 of 300 Million. And it takes someone even on a TOTALLY other level to have all that and put himself in a WAR situation where you are on the disadvantaged side, in tactical training, personal numbers and equipment and all you really have is your belief and your moral compass.

Im not trying to defend him and the way he carried some of the things out were wrong, but you cannot in all honesty say that his intention was good/something he deeply felt was right. This is what the mainstream media seem to love to mis-represent about him, claiming he was a mad-man who loved death and blood and killing. Billionaires dont throw away billions to run from cave to cave without sitting an contemplating for loooonnnggg hours first if it's worth it and second if their doing the right thing. Not to mention ontop of all that he was known as a very 'pious' person in the sense that he obeyed almost every order/obligation in Islam to the letter and as best he could. For example he was noted as someone who rarely ever prayed not on time let alone skipped prayers. Most of us cant even pray, let alone pray on time, even though we really have nothing better or very trivial things to do when prayer time comes. Not to mention all the other Islamic orders we dont follow. I feel you are misrepresenting the reality of the/his situation.

Saying all the above, there is STILL so much controversy/confustion/conflicting stories about him and his actions

Lets do what is MOST ADVISED in Islam after someones death (unless there is clear evidence for that individual to the contrary) to say and just say..

We Leave His Judgement to Allah

Edited by Glow

There is no reason to think Rushdie's intention was for people to be hurt by his book, it was a work of fiction and the parts that had references to the religion were surreal dream sequences. The satanic verses are never put forward as a factual dipiction of the Prophet(saw). He didnt incite hatred or try and instigate acts of violence, he actually opened up discussion about certain ahadith and helped us to identify the extremists from the moderates. Theyre not remotely comparable.

i know how happy you are that rushdie wrote a book that exposed the filth in sunni hadith compilations.you said that somewhere.but you and i know well that the filth in those hadith books are not true.rushdie just fingered them with a purpose.

if you say he didnt know what he was doing,then you're more dumb than him.

Ruqaya, you are like those people who try to jump on a gigantic band wagon and restrict everything to black and white.

When I analyze various political figures and icons, I try to weigh them by the type of people they are.

Obviously every figure is different than the next.

Someone that loves a Wahabi, may hate someone that is a non-wahabi.

Someone that loves a Shiite, might not have that respect for someone whose a none-Shiite.

It's called "bias".

People like you are the same ones, that pretend, Saddam Hussein never funded Palestinians weapons, food, and financial aid, when he did.

Just because there was an Iran-Iraq war, does not make him a "bad person" from the Palestinian perspective. For them, he was a brother. Because he was a Pan-Arab in a way.

But for Shiite Muslims, he was an enemy. You have to put things into perspective.

What I meant by standing up for his beliefs was exactly what a few brothers on these forums have said. About how he wanted to get rid of many of the injustices of the world.

Are you denying that Shiites, and other Muslims, don't believe in justice? Of course we believe in justice. Islam is a religion of justice as much as it is peace.

The only problem with Bin Laden is his Islamic approach toward justice. Because he's a Wahabi or has some ideology similar to them, his approach isn't one that we'd like.

I wouldn't like the Taliban, Al Qaida, or any similar groups approaches either. Because ideologically it's incompatible with a Shiite doctrine. They practice a very strict form of Islam. While in Iran, our form of Islam would look like pure westernization to them.

But at the same time, the commonalities are that all Muslims seek justice against their enemies (we'll say Westernization in this case as the biggest opponent).

The only difference is the approaches they take. Be it Shiites, Sunnis, Sufis, Salafists, and so on and so forth.

His family dis-owned him BECAUSE of his Actions

He Did not commit these actions BECAUSE his family dis-owned him

Also, as for inherited wealth...yes, he was among the first in line to inherit billions. He was given 300 MILLION to his personal bank account at the age of 14 (this is despite all his needs are being taken care of by the family) as a BIRTHDAY GIFT/COMING OF AGE GIFT

So we can conclude that he was NOT fabulously wealthy, he was INSANELY Wealthy.

As for what the 'what great people do'

It's clear, from the Qur'an and Sunnah along with many Scholars and revered personalities (from both schools) that among the BEST deaths in Islam is death on the Battle field. And among the best people are the righteous ones who make Jihad solely for the cause of Allah. Most other deaths/actions come secondary.

Not to mention he actually went to the front lines himself during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan and there are PLENTY of authentic reports from those who liked him and continue to like him along with those who liked him but no longer support him that he was seen MANY times in the thick of the fighting/fire fights. Even wounded a couple of times, right there on the front lines. That is one of the things that garnered him his mass appeal. You dont see many, if any billionaires doing that now do you.

Anyone with money can sit home and fund or vocally support things, weather they be charities, fighter groups, wars etc etc. But it takes a person totally on another level to actually go out and do the dirty work.....and it takes someone on even another totally different level to do so when they are set to inherit BILLIONS (yes, with a B! ) and are already have a personal fortune at 14 of 300 Million. And it takes someone even on a TOTALLY other level to have all that and put himself in a WAR situation where you are on the disadvantaged side, in tactical training, personal numbers and equipment and all you really have is your belief and your moral compass.

Im not trying to defend him and the way he carried some of the things out were wrong, but you cannot in all honesty say that his intention was good/something he deeply felt was right. This is what the mainstream media seem to love to mis-represent about him, claiming he was a mad-man who loved death and blood and killing. Billionaires dont throw away billions to run from cave to cave without sitting an contemplating for loooonnnggg hours first if it's worth it and second if their doing the right thing. Not to mention ontop of all that he was known as a very 'pious' person in the sense that he obeyed almost every order/obligation in Islam to the letter and as best he could. For example he was noted as someone who rarely ever prayed not on time let alone skipped prayers. Most of us cant even pray, let alone pray on time, even though we really have nothing better or very trivial things to do when prayer time comes. Not to mention all the other Islamic orders we dont follow. I feel you are misrepresenting the reality of the/his situation.

Saying all the above, there is STILL so much controversy/confustion/conflicting stories about him and his actions

Lets do what is MOST ADVISED in Islam after someones death (unless there is clear evidence for that individual to the contrary) to say and just say..

We Leave His Judgement to Allah

I like your post Glow. This summed up much of my thoughts. I'm glad we have great posters such as yourself :)

But yeah on a serious note, he is one of the most notoriously confusing figures in the world of Islam and the world of politics.

Much about this figure is left unknown. I've read/heard etc. a lot about him, but I probably wouldn't even know enough to make it 5% of the truth about him because everything about him is from "hearsay" and as we say, hearsay isn't accurate information. It's just a bunch of rumors and gossip.

Glow -

1) i didnt say his family dis-owned him before his actions. We dont know that he would have known that he would be disinherited for anything he did before he was disinherited either.

2) But more importantly, who cares how wealthy he was? he had plenty, we have no reason to believe he spent it all on philanthropic projects. He lived modestly like many people do who are raised with wealth, they do not put importance on money because they know they will never have to, its a non-issue.

He considered himself a good muslim and all schools of Islam can agree that living modestly is a more pious thing to do fromt he exampl of the Prophet(saw) and ahlulbayt. But that is a detail, it isnt the point or even relevant, in itself it proves nothing what so ever, it doesnt make him a good person. he has been part of an evil movement that has murdered thousands of innocent people, most of whom are fellow muslims, including women and children and sent a twisted notion of Islam to the world doing immeasurable damage. But as long as he's living modestly hey?

3) He participated in a conflict that was against fellow combatants in the defense of the land of a nation, nothing wrong with that, millions of people have done the same in the last 100 years. Its the incitement to murder and mutilate innocent people that some what spoils things from then on.

4) He didnt die on the battle field because he spent most of his life sitting pretty making stupid video's to incite OTHER PEOPLE to die, not on the battle field, but as cowards, commiting suicide and taking thousands of innocent civilian people with them.

Mehdi soldier - Of course he knew what he was doing in terms of what he wrote, but he couldnt have predicted the outcome. It was obvious from his behaviour afterwards that he hadnt predicted that he would have a fatwa against him and have to go into hiding. He even went so far as to pretend he'd found his faith again, which he was rightly derided for.

Shiaben-

'Ruqaya, you are like those people who try to jump on a gigantic band wagon and restrict everything to black and white.'

no, im not, and you have no foundation for that statement what so ever.

'About how he wanted to get rid of many of the injustices of the world.'

That would be hillarious if it wasnt so tragic. Yeah, 'rid the world of injustice' a lot of people do, but there are ways of doing that that are productive, positive and healthy and ways that increase evil, pain and suffering in the world and continue a cycle of evil, pain and suffering that can last for generation after generation. Bin laden was a poster boy for an organisation that indescriminately murders people who are mostly citizens trying to live peaceful lives and get by, people trying to do the best for their families or people observing their holy days or pilgrimage, theyre every day people who arent spreading hate and violence, intolerance and death. Al-qaidas enemies are people who arent just like them, they are not pro-muslim, they are happy to murder fellow muslims who dont follow their sick ideology and Shi'ites are on their list.

'Are you denying that Shiites, and other Muslims, don't believe in justice? Of course we believe in justice. Islam is a religion of justice as much as it is peace.'

We have VERY different ideas of what constitutes justice. I cannot believe, as a Shia, you are defending Bin laden.Shame on you. You think he'd of batted an eye lid if your father was blown to bits visiting Imam Hussain(as) in Ashura by a suicide bomber? civlians are legitimate targets for them, or hadnt you noticed?

EPIC. Absolutely epic.

This post is an example of its own.

All that is wrong with Muslims today is epitomized so succinctly that I'm going to copy it, on multiple Word files, with author's permission, and use it as example in my forthcoming publications.

EPIC. Absolutely epic.

This post is an example of its own.

All that is wrong with Muslims today is epitomized so succinctly that I'm going to copy it, on multiple Word files, with author's permission, and use it as example in my forthcoming publications.

This is coming my friend Marbles who finds Farah Pahlavi more beautiful and important than Islam :)

I compared him to Buddha because both came from wealthy backgrounds but had their own change in philosophies toward life (however wrong or right either of them can be). One was peaceful, one was more violent, but they both had that similarity in background of abandoning that rich and lavish lifestyle to approach social problems of the world in a quite different manner.

Where did I say the U.S. bombed Russian Theaters you ignorant buffoon? I said the KGB/FSB did that. You need to learn to read.

I don't see how Salman Rushdie someone who probably doesn't want to have even 0% to do with Islam is >>>>>>>>>>> than someone who has some level of Islamic beliefs.

I would seriously argue that Bin Laden and his Salafist views and beliefs has more in common with Iran, Islam, Muslims, and Muslim countries, than Salman Rushdie does in his mind and in his lifestyle.

Ok, I misread your point on the Russian Theaters. The rest of my point stands. You are a perfect example of a lot that is wrong with Muslims and Islam. Really? Do you also compare Jesus to underprivileged people that happen to grow up to become violent criminals? If all those groups have more to do with Bin Laden than they do with Rusdie, they are all in trouble - but I don't think they do.

In some places actions speak louder than words. Rushdie WROTE a lot of books, one of which had a dream sequence that was very offensive to devoted Muslims as it put the prophet in a bad light. Osama KILLED thousands of people. Maybe Osama has read parts of the Koran and has Islamic beliefs- hard for me to know. Sort of doubt that he really understood much of the Koran. Reading a holy book and taking that as a reason to kill thousands of innocent civilians is barbaric. The most infamous time in history when this happened was in the Middle Ages and the outcome was not good for Muslims.

You show the trait of a lot of folks on these websites. You make a mistake and dig in. Is it not possible for you to say "I'm sorry, that was offensive against another religion. I should try to get along with others. God would want me to." That was a rhetorical question, I know you can't - your actions on this board have shown that pretty clearly.

This is coming my friend Marbles who finds Farah Pahlavi more beautiful and important than Islam :)

Pardon me?

Farah Pahlavi? Important than Islam?

What are you on at?

I don't know where you are pulling this from, as usual.

At least don't lie.

Edited by Marbles

Pardon me?

Farah Pahlavi? Important than Islam?

What are you on at?

I don't know where you are pulling this from, as usual.

At least don't lie.

Please, a person that's anti-IRI, believes shariah is useless, reads lolita, is no different than being anti-Muslim.

You take pride against figures, systems, and icons that stand against Islam.

Ok, I misread your point on the Russian Theaters. The rest of my point stands. You are a perfect example of a lot that is wrong with Muslims and Islam. Really? Do you also compare Jesus to underprivileged people that happen to grow up to become violent criminals? If all those groups have more to do with Bin Laden than they do with Rusdie, they are all in trouble - but I don't think they do.

In some places actions speak louder than words. Rushdie WROTE a lot of books, one of which had a dream sequence that was very offensive to devoted Muslims as it put the prophet in a bad light. Osama KILLED thousands of people. Maybe Osama has read parts of the Koran and has Islamic beliefs- hard for me to know. Sort of doubt that he really understood much of the Koran. Reading a holy book and taking that as a reason to kill thousands of innocent civilians is barbaric. The most infamous time in history when this happened was in the Middle Ages and the outcome was not good for Muslims.

You show the trait of a lot of folks on these websites. You make a mistake and dig in. Is it not possible for you to say "I'm sorry, that was offensive against another religion. I should try to get along with others. God would want me to." That was a rhetorical question, I know you can't - your actions on this board have shown that pretty clearly.

You keep running in circles. We're not talking about his Wahabi beliefs. We're talking about whether or not he's better or worse than Salman Rushdie.

And the fact of the matter is any type of Muslim is >>>>>>>>>>> than someone who isn't a Muslim (Rushdie) to begin with.

The only problem with Bin Laden was his approach/school of thought.

My comparison with Buddha and Bin Laden still holds valid. They both came from wealthy backgrounds (this is a fact), but both chose a different philosophy than their own family (another fact). This was just an interesting point I wanted to bring up because I found it fascinating how they had completely different views but had this similarity in tact. Something you were probably ignorant about.

In fact it is people like you that retard progression in Muslims. In order to learn about people and ideas, you have to look at everything. We're not talking about whether or not he killed anyone.

The point of this thread was about comparing him to Salman, and that's what it should be about. But apparently you are anally fixated on my comparisons between different figures. Well, that's your problem then :)

Please, a person that's anti-IRI, believes shariah is useless, reads lolita, is no different than being anti-Muslim.

You take pride against figures, systems, and icons that stand against Islam.

If you are unable to discuss matters than at least don't accuse. Please. This sounds so pathetic on your part.

From your post extolling Bin Laden, and ascribing to him some sort of mythical "respect" for Islam, I could, for a good reason, hold that you have hurled an ultimate insult to Islam, its teachings, its Prophet.

This doesn't seem like a serious question, "is Rushdie better than bin Laden?" I mean, really? Are you seriously asking this? Rather silly and pointless don't you think?

im not a fan of rushdie

but people here believe a stupid book is worse than killing 3,000 people

i guess when the majority of the dead are "najis" and non-muslim, no compassion is evident here

so i dont expect anyone to care when non-muslims are murdered by muslims

but dont act surprised when non-muslims continue to be fed up with muslims in the west

If you are unable to discuss matters than at least don't accuse. Please. This sounds so pathetic on your part.

From your post extolling Bin Laden, and ascribing to him some sort of mythical "respect" for Islam, I could, for a good reason, hold that you have hurled an ultimate insult to Islam, its teachings, its Prophet.

Well, I don't like their approach (their form of shariah), but the very fact that people like Bin Laden actually pay more attention to the poor is some form of respect for Islam.

So if you deny this, then you are definitely an enemy of Islam.

I don't condone terrorist attacks of any kind, but I'm referring to different aspects of the Taliban, Bin Laden and other groups ideas of helping the poor. No different from FARC, IRI and other groups in helping the poor.

The only thing I don't like is their forms of shariah. I have made this apparent, so has Glow, and many other open-minded posters. But you guys are the type of people to say "Hitler is a terrible speaker" just because he massacred people. Killing people has nothing to do with being a great speaker. Just like the Taliban supporting the poor of Pakistan via theocratic measures and bread, has nothing to do with them slaughtering their enemies. Stop comparing the apples with oranges.

I don't support Wahabis, I'm just pointing out that all Muslim groups have common ground in respect toward the poor.

im not a fan of rushdie

but people here believe a stupid book is worse than killing 3,000 people

i guess when the majority of the dead are "najis" and non-muslim, no compassion is evident here

so i dont expect anyone to care when non-muslims are murdered by muslims

but dont act surprised when non-muslims continue to be fed up with muslims in the west

I think you're misinterpreting my post bro.

I am saying the question is silly because it's like comparing apples and oranges or asking "who is worse? Rowling or the IRA?"

Edited by Ahmad ibn Mājid

I think you're misinterpreting my post bro.

I am saying the question is silly because it's like comparing apples and oranges or asking "who is worse? Rowling or the IRA?"

Yeah, it's true.

They are very different people. One is an angry atheist writer from Muslim heritage. The other is a fanatical Muslim.

They come from two different worlds and exhibit different behaviors.

I'm assuming the person that opened it up wanted to know who Muslims would hate more, not sure.