Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
alimasta

The Worst Age Of Man

Rate this topic

salam alaikum,

Mankind has always had a past in which human beings exploit and kill other human beings. But are we in the worst age of man. I believe so, because the propensity of badness so to speak is now global - due to of course enhanced communication - internet, tv, films - feeding man's base desires, and exporting cultures around the globe. As well as that we are in the age in which people think in terms of nihilism, totalitarioanism, utalitarianism, skepticism, aetheism - hence a country can bomb another country if thousands die it is Ok as long as the outcome is beneficial in some way for whoever. I believe we are in a bad age, an immoral age, worse than that of Jahiliyyah. Because as a theist, a Muslim, humankind has totally forsaken the Divine. Sometimes on a personal level I look around and I feel sickened as to what humans have become. But usually I keep these views to myself because at the end of the day I believe every human being makes his/her own choice and fights his/her own battles - and the only rope I want to hold on to is that of Ahl al-Bait (as)

you agree?

wsalams

(salam)

Globalisation means that mankind has greater potential for evil and can inflict greater harm but it also means that humans have greater potential for good and can have a greater positive impact ;).

wasalaam

Humans have and always will be a combination/mixture of good and bad. Every ghair_masoom is simultaneously "good" & "bad". Its the circumstances that bring out a specific trait. Although a deliberate effort to stay "good" does incline a personality towards a positive direction, making such a person more "good" than "bad" however the "bad" cannot b eliminated.

Sometimes ppl r bad for a reason, smtimes as a defence mechanism, smtimes as a tool of administration, smtimes to secure a loved one's intrest etc etc and smtimes its a fact that one neexs to b "cruel to b kind" etc.

I dont agree that we r today any worse humans than the past ppl. No. the same kind of ppl have existed throughout the history of mankind.

Just imagine, humans had seen the messenger ( pbuh) of God with their own eyes, believed in him, yet they went offtrack as soon as he ( pbuh) passed away. How bad is that, compared to todays bads.

All ppl have "good" & "bad" in them, that is the composition formulae for being human. Even the ppl in stone ages were like us.

wasalam.gif

I would agree.

In age of ignorance people were 'jahil' because they were ignorant while nowadays people are 'jahil' despite knowing everything!

Humanity has come to its worst point, might sink further, until Imam(ajtf) reappears. Most people and societies seem like animals to me.

salam alaikum,

Mankind has always had a past in which human beings exploit and kill other human beings. But are we in the worst age of man. I believe so, because the propensity of badness so to speak is now global - due to of course enhanced communication - internet, tv, films - feeding man's base desires, and exporting cultures around the globe. As well as that we are in the age in which people think in terms of nihilism, totalitarioanism, utalitarianism, skepticism, aetheism - hence a country can bomb another country if thousands die it is Ok as long as the outcome is beneficial in some way for whoever. I believe we are in a bad age, an immoral age, worse than that of Jahiliyyah. Because as a theist, a Muslim, humankind has totally forsaken the Divine. Sometimes on a personal level I look around and I feel sickened as to what humans have become. But usually I keep these views to myself because at the end of the day I believe every human being makes his/her own choice and fights his/her own battles - and the only rope I want to hold on to is that of Ahl al-Bait (as)

you agree?

wsalams

(salam)

I agree with you but i think its because good people like us (inshallah) are all doing this " usually I keep these views to myself ". As an ummah we are no longer practicing Condoning the Good and Condemning the Evil.

"All that has to happen for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

(salam)

salam alaikum,

you agree?

wsalams

there have been greater times of war in humanities history, there have been greater times of global stress on humanity naturally as well.

this is not the end of days, humanity is actually looking pretty good in my opinion compared to the past.

Every age has had its goods and bads. Look at the people of Prophet Lut(as), or Pharaoh. Despite having Prophets living among them they still chose bad!

In current times, much of the world has undergone the age of enlightenment, and yes, many technological advances. advances in human rights development etc as well.

salam alaikum,

you agree?

wsalams

(bismillah)

I disagree. I believe that we live in one of the best times of human history. We age and live longer. We have defeated the most numbers of diseases that have killed human beings through out history. We are more conscious, we are more knowledgeable, and we are more informed than any other time in human history. If human life is related to humanity, then we live in the most humane period of human history because we have managed to create a world for 7 billion people. No other time in human history has the human population exploded so suddenly and so extensively- i.e. today we are the most humane. I further believe that since the machines have been an integral part of our successes and achievements, the age of machines (industrial age) is the age thats beyond good and evil. For we have also never been this savage as we are today where loss of human life is not an accidental possibility but a must of our status quo and way of life. Good and Evil are two faces of the same coin. The more you sow, the more you reap- both good and evil. The more we try to do good, the more we will do bad. inaction as our best action... collectively speaking that is.

Whats alarms me personally is the speed at which the machines are taking over our lives. We are on the verge of loosing our choices and our humanity... tipping the gravity of man further towards his evil tendencies.

(wasalam)

(salam)

I agree with your post . I also agree with some other members that said that technology is really advanced . However ,the level of faith /having a pure spirit is being lower from generation to generation and people put more importance to materialism (money specially) , which is the number 1 reason of making wars and having troubles. People can not live in harmony without strong faith and we are convinced that Islam is the right path . Most of the people in the west get a bad Image on it due to the terrorism ,and it might explains the end of times ?! Probably :unsure: (Allah Alam).

I remember seeing a survey where the question was '' What do we need to remove in order for the world to say in peace ? '' and most of the people ticked ''religion'' :wacko:

salam.gif

This story just proves the point that the more progress man has made the more animal like he/she has become. And it is just because of this that its the worst age, having all the resources, knowledge etc. yet not being human. I wonder at the posters who feel that humanity is progressing and moving to one of the best times. What good is all this progression if its not making humans reach their best BUT rather their worst. Currently all the knowledge is having a counter effect.

Assalamu-alaikum

I think it appears this way because we can see so much, so instantly. We can talk to each other and share with each other around the globe and I think this is both good and dangerous. I have a hope though that this technology will help me to find someone. In the summer of 1978 I met an young Persian student in Cambridge, England by the name of Saeed Shariatmadari. I was only 19 and very unaware of the ideological and political issues he tried to tell me about. The last time I saw him was in the late fall of 1978 in Durham, New Hampshire, USA. I was in the middle of something important, but completely blind to what that was. I would very much like to find out what has become of him. I have done my best in these years to understand and appreciate this culture. If anyone has any information on where he might be, or what might have happened to him since that time I would appreciate any tidbit you may have. I have much to explain and apologize for. Thank you in advance for your help. P. Lang

salam.gif

This story just proves the point that the more progress man has made the more animal like he/she has become. And it is just because of this that its the worst age, having all the resources, knowledge etc. yet not being human. I wonder at the posters who feel that humanity is progressing and moving to one of the best times. What good is all this progression if its not making humans reach their best BUT rather their worst. Currently all the knowledge is having a counter effect.

Isolated anecdotes don't prove points.

Also, innocent until proven guilty. This IMF head story may well turn out to be a "political hit" much like the Assange/Wikileaks affair.

Assalamu-alaikum

I think it appears this way because we can see so much, so instantly. We can talk to each other and share with each other around the globe and I think this is both good and dangerous. I have a hope though that this technology will help me to find someone. In the summer of 1978 I met an young Persian student in Cambridge, England by the name of Saeed Shariatmadari. I was only 19 and very unaware of the ideological and political issues he tried to tell me about. The last time I saw him was in the late fall of 1978 in Durham, New Hampshire, USA. I was in the middle of something important, but completely blind to what that was. I would very much like to find out what has become of him. I have done my best in these years to understand and appreciate this culture. If anyone has any information on where he might be, or what might have happened to him since that time I would appreciate any tidbit you may have. I have much to explain and apologize for. Thank you in advance for your help. P. Lang

Wa alaykum As SALAM

Try facebook, linkedin and other social sites. what was he studying, might be good to see if he became that, ie search for engineers with his name etc.

InshAllah you find him.

Man's in the lowest point of morality since the beginning of time, largely due the media, the indecency of those who wish to make easy money and the lack of religion in the world. One example os America, 80% of Americans claim that they're Christian, but in reality only 15 to 20 percent of them are really practicing. So in reality, only abou 20 percent of Ameicans are rally practicing Christians. And this is just one example.

Man's in the lowest point of morality since the beginning of time, largely due the media, the indecency of those who wish to make easy money and the lack of religion in the world. One example os America, 80% of Americans claim that they're Christian, but in reality only 15 to 20 percent of them are really practicing. So in reality, only abou 20 percent of Ameicans are rally practicing Christians. And this is just one example.

You are throwing out percentages as if they were hard facts. How do you know what those Americans are doing and whether or not they are practicing their religion? Are you in their homes - do you watch how they treat their families or how they follow Christ's teachings on a daily basis? Just walking into a church once a week doesn't make you a Christian - it is how you live your life. This is not something you can claim to be an expert on, unless you have lived in America and witnessed what they do. All media contains an angle and a bias. You could use your formula for any religion and its followers in any country, but it would still not hold any water.

Good post, And this is essentially the point.

All those who posted about how great things are mainly focused on things like scientific and technological advances, which are no doubt important. Yet there's been no mention of morality, and it is on that front that mankind is seriously at a loss.

(bismillah)

(salam)

The world, inherently, would be a nice place. This is so because it is one of the creations of Allah, the Exalted, and not one of those creations which was in anyway lazy in obeying His commands. A post (Sufi comics) by another member gives the same concept.

However, I do agree that peace is almost non-existent in the world as a whole. And people are participating more in sins and vices. This is also understandable, as we are told in our ahadith that to the end of the world, vices will be widepsread. How much we are nearing the end, and whether or not this is the lowest man can get in his spiritual state, is another thing.

But, we should not be negatively affecting our selves by thinking of how low a state man is in now, because if we did, then we will be prone to feelings of hopelessness, depression, widepsread mutual hatred etc which are different types of sins. So, if we do this, we fall into sinning.

Rather, we should take respite in Allah, the Lord of the worlds, and seek the company of Imam az Zaman (as). Once we do this, then we are away from sins, while finding the world and its inhabitants to be the signs of Allah.

(wasalam)

Some of you guys have not heard whats in the media these days. Or you think you do. If youre in the US and turn on the radio you will not find anything halal. EVERYTHING is about either drugs, money, girls, going out partying. Im not kidding this is every song that everyone listens too. The music is used for younger people to get them used to these kinds of things. And the media like the news is used for mind control so everyone thinks the west is only for good. The TV shows are about putting 10 people of mixed gender in 1 house and seeing how they party, get drunk, or fight. Of course there is always some good shows that actually teach you something and there will always will be. That doesnt mean that we are in a good time in humanity. Look at how strong the bad has gotten. People are blind on whats actually happening in the middle east.

Things that I see everyday and are signs of the last day:

When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy. (Obama)

When orators and lecturers lie openly. (The west)

When people dispute over petty issues.

When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring. (Women in the west)

When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day. (What israelis do to the palestinians)

When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.

When lies prevail over the truth.

When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.

When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

People will indulge in homosexuality. (This is now a normal thing in the west)

Gangsters and evil people will prevail.

Various wines will be consumed excessively.

We have a saying (here in the West) - that if you look for the bad, you will find it every time. However, if you look for the good, you will find that too. Our country is full of kind, decent, moral people and JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE, even in the Middle East, there are people who fit your description above. Opinions like yours are so one-sided that all they accomplish is to further divide our societies. This will never bring peace. You continue to brush everyone in the West with the same paint and to focus only on the negative. It is clear you do not live here, because your description of our society (as a whole) is obviously biased and one-sided. It is unfortunate that you cannot see all that good that is here. If you could you would be more human and therefor a bringing of peace and unity. Your comments do nothing but continue the tensions and hatreds and misunderstandings that have brought our world to the turmoil it is in. If you really believe the things you say then I would think you would be looking for commonalities, not differences.

Good post, And this is essentially the point.

All those who posted about how great things are mainly focused on things like scientific and technological advances, which are no doubt important. Yet there's been no mention of morality, and it is on that front that mankind is seriously at a loss.

There have been plenty of moral advances. The mass reduction in slavery (slavery still exists in various forms but it is not like it used to be and the world's economies are no longer built on the institution), institutionalised and even other racism, advances in women's rights/ workers rights/disability rights etc etc. The development of international human rights norms and international humanitarian law have created much moral advancement in society (though ofcourse not every single thing that they espouse has been good/perfect).

There has ofcourse been alot of moral degradation too - a rise in fornication, adultery, homosexuality, indecent dress, individualism, materialism, a reduction in general manners/respect towards others etc etc.

The former advancement relates more to institutional change and creating opportunities for disadvantaged groups whereas the latter relates to moral degradation as a result of granting more and more individual freedom. Which outweighs which, I don't know. But to say that morally it has all been bad is inaccurate and also note that although moral degradation in the sense described above is occurring virtually everywhere, those issues are most serious in industrialised countries.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, globalisation and things like media and new media forms means that humans do indeed have greater potential for evil, but it also means that we have greater potential for good. Instead of complaining about how terrible society is and how the media is being used to cause further moral degradation, we should put our efforts on using it to do good. May Allah (swt) hasten the reappearance of our Imam (as) and may he inspire us to actively work towards the reappearance while we wait.

wasalaam

Ruqayah you have explained the topic beautifully.

I feel we need to hasten our guards against moral evils and strengthen our remembrance of Allah subhanahutallah and Imam e Asar (A.S). This really helps in a society which feeds you corruption through you senses like sight and hearing. Prepare for the ultimate and know that its not too far when we hear our Imams call.

In The Name Of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

AGREED. But, compared to the age of ignorance, in this era we are a lot more forward thinking and have the advantage of technology and easily-obtainable knowledge.

SALLAM ALYKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAQUATUH.

layla, I do understand what you mean but people are still very ignorant! To the point where one Muslim may even look down on an other Muslim, due to the colour of there skin, there ethnicity etc. This is not only in the East but in the West. As Ignorance has no religion race or faith. Ignorance is a disease for everyone. But there is also a medicne and I do agree nowadays, it is MUCH easier to fins information. Alhumdulila (Praise be to Allah).

salam alaikum,

Mankind has always had a past in which human beings exploit and kill other human beings. But are we in the worst age of man. I believe so, because the propensity of badness so to speak is now global - due to of course enhanced communication - internet, tv, films - feeding man's base desires, and exporting cultures around the globe. As well as that we are in the age in which people think in terms of nihilism, totalitarioanism, utalitarianism, skepticism, aetheism - hence a country can bomb another country if thousands die it is Ok as long as the outcome is beneficial in some way for whoever. I believe we are in a bad age, an immoral age, worse than that of Jahiliyyah. Because as a theist, a Muslim, humankind has totally forsaken the Divine. Sometimes on a personal level I look around and I feel sickened as to what humans have become. But usually I keep these views to myself because at the end of the day I believe every human being makes his/her own choice and fights his/her own battles - and the only rope I want to hold on to is that of Ahl al-Bait as.gif

you agree?

wsalams

Alimasta, you are right we do live in a worlds where evil prevails over good, where no one stands up for anyone else; even to the point when no one is Alive to stand up for anyone.

We may live in a World where an innocent child is born into a family full of ignorance.

We may live in World where our Muslim brothers are killed Every SINGLE DAY.

We may live in a world where if one man dies, it's a tragedy but if thousands do, its a statistic.

But.

We also live in worlds where SOMETIME, just Sometimes. Some one Stands up. Where Muslims help each other.

Where a baby child is relieved from his ignorance. I do believe what you are saying is not wrong. But just not fully Correct.

:)

Bro i disagree with the comic.

You telling me if you are honest the world will not decieve you? thats nonsense.

Bro i disagree with the comic.

You telling me if you are honest the world will not decieve you? thats nonsense.

If you follow what masumeen [as] have to teach, you would understand ..