Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Protests In Iraq

Rate this topic

Guest Mushu

I have no source for this - i heard it directly from someone who just came from Iraq yesterday.

He says that the overwhelming majority of the protests in Iraq are being carried out by Ba'this, who are pretending to be Shias. Thus, the protests are being carried out by nothing but troublemakers. He says that the vast majority of the country still support Noor Al-Maliki and his government.

I do believe that the 7 killed were also Ba'this, but I could be wrong.

For those who dont know, Ba'this are supporters of Saddam's regime.

Guest Mushu

i've seen on tv protests against corruption and some for reforms in constitution ,,some against renewal of the securty agreement with US , it has been since 1 or 2 months now here and there in Iraq but i've not heard of any for Ba'thies

They're Ba'this bretending to be Shias. Quite a few of them.

• Advanced Member

I have no source for this - i heard it directly from someone who just came from Iraq yesterday.

He says that the overwhelming majority of the protests in Iraq are being carried out by Ba'this, who are pretending to be Shias. Thus, the protests are being carried out by nothing but troublemakers. He says that the vast majority of the country still support Noor Al-Maliki and his government.

I do believe that the 7 killed were also Ba'this, but I could be wrong.

For those who dont know, Ba'this are supporters of Saddam's regime.

I like how u start with "I have no source for this" LOL its basically like saying "I'm talking [Edited Out]" :P

To be honest there is plenty of evidence that its not just a small ba3thi minority thats protesting. It's very convenient when true Shias come in the streets to protest the occupation of their country and the apathy and corruption of their government, they can be easily labelled "ba3this" (even though it is them who suffered most during the ba3th days).

It is obvious that the majority in fact do not 'support' al-Maliki and are followers or at least sympathizers of Sayyed Moqtada al-Sadr (HA) and this is backed up not only by "some guy who came from Iraq yesterday" but by many people who came from and are still in Iraq; not to mention journalistic sources, military sources, etc.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators in eastern Baghdad marked the eighth anniversary of the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime with a protest Saturday against the American troop presence there.

The demonstrators, followers of anti-American Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, rallied in Mustansriya Square, where they called all U.S troops to withdraw from Iraq at the end of the year.

The protesters carried Iraqi flag and banners, with some chanting "Baghdad is a free country, America get out!" and "No for Occupation, No for America."

One banner read "No, no America," while another said, " Yes, yes for Quran."

SOURCE

unlike you, I have sources...

Guest Mushu

I like how u start with "I have no source for this" LOL its basically like saying "I'm talking [Edited Out]" :P

To be honest there is plenty of evidence that its not just a small ba3thi minority thats protesting. It's very convenient when true Shias come in the streets to protest the occupation of their country and the apathy and corruption of their government, they can be easily labelled "ba3this" (even though it is them who suffered most during the ba3th days).

It is obvious that the majority in fact do not 'support' al-Maliki and are followers or at least sympathizers of Sayyed Moqtada al-Sadr (HA) and this is backed up not only by "some guy who came from Iraq yesterday" but by many people who came from and are still in Iraq; not to mention journalistic sources, military sources, etc.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators in eastern Baghdad marked the eighth anniversary of the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime with a protest Saturday against the American troop presence there.

The demonstrators, followers of anti-American Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, rallied in Mustansriya Square, where they called all U.S troops to withdraw from Iraq at the end of the year.

The protesters carried Iraqi flag and banners, with some chanting "Baghdad is a free country, America get out!" and "No for Occupation, No for America."

One banner read "No, no America," while another said, " Yes, yes for Quran."

SOURCE

unlike you, I have sources...

TBH, someone who has just come from Iraq is a better source than 'CNN'. The fact you used CNN as a source is a joke.

Also, everything you just said is BS. I know first hand that Muqtada instructed all of his followers to refrain from protesting. Muqtada told his followers that the government hasnt had long enough to 'fix' anything, and therefore protesting would be unfair. Source: a member of Jaysh Al-Mahdi (Muqtada's militia). Furthermore, given the nature of Jaysh Al-Mahdi, i doubt they would go round peacefully protesting against the US, and 7 of them been killed, the situation in Iraq would be very different now.

duno about your source Mishu but the pics of the protests were broadcasted by Aljazeera al manar tv and alwforat , maybe al etijah too , didnt roll over al the tv chanels really , but last ones i've seen was few days ago on al itjah tv -shia tv- a protest in kudistan

there isa report in BBC website about it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12493712

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13187181

Aljazeera coverage of the 8th anniversary of Iraq occupation :

a Turkish website :

http://www.trtarabic.com/trtworld/ar/newsDetail.aspx?HaberKodu=596abd0b-6196-419f-9eac-2007e03f9be0

Al mousel or al basra had a big protest that required an urgent meeting in parliment to adress the situation and the corruption , well i dont recall exactly , the all protests in Arab world happened at once

Guest Mushu

duno about your source Mishu but the pics of the protests were broadcasted by Aljazeera al manar tv and alwforat , maybe al etijah too , didnt roll over al the tv chanels really , but last ones i've seen was few days ago on al itjah tv -shia tv- a protest in kudistan

there isa report in BBC website about it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12493712

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13187181

Aljazeera coverage of the 8th anniversary of Iraq occupation :

a Turkish website :

http://www.trtarabic.com/trtworld/ar/newsDetail.aspx?HaberKodu=596abd0b-6196-419f-9eac-2007e03f9be0

Al mousel or al basra had a big protest that required an urgent meeting in parliment to adress the situation and the corruption , well i dont recall exactly , the all protests in Arab world happened at once

Well, Mosel is a Wahabbi stronghold. Theres no Shias there. Basra is actually a mixture of Sunnis and Shias, and Kurdistan is also Sunni.

If you can find me a protest in a Shia area, such as Najaf, Karbala, Al-Hilla, or perhaps Al-I'mara (the city in which the majority of Muqtada's supporters are found), then youll have a point.

Well, Mosel is a Wahabbi stronghold. Theres no Shias there. Basra is actually a mixture of Sunnis and Shias, and Kurdistan is also Sunni.

If you can find me a protest in a Shia area, such as Najaf, Karbala, Al-Hilla, or perhaps Al-I'mara (the city in which the majority of Muqtada's supporters are found), then youll have a point.

ah alright , thanks for informing me , Do Baghdad count as Shi'a city? anyways Kurds or Arabs , Sunnies or Shias , i wish you all Iraqis best of luck in the coming days , specially after the 2011 , there would be no reason for bombs and what not , the bloody wahabies should turn their heads to Libya and the new occupation , as far as i know there is alot of oil to fight for and many salafists but no shias

Guest Mushu

ah alright , thanks for informing me , Do Baghdad count as Shi'a city? anyways Kurds or Arabs , Sunnies or Shias , i wish you all Iraqis best of luck in the coming days , specially after the 2011 , there would be no reason for bombs and what not , the bloody wahabies should turn their heads to Libya and the new occupation , as far as i know there is alot of oil to fight for and many salafists but no shias

Baghdad also has a mix.

Thank you :) your duas are appreciated :)

• Advanced Member

TBH, someone who has just come from Iraq is a better source than 'CNN'. The fact you used CNN as a source is a joke.

Also, everything you just said is BS. I know first hand that Muqtada instructed all of his followers to refrain from protesting. Muqtada told his followers that the government hasnt had long enough to 'fix' anything, and therefore protesting would be unfair. Source: a member of Jaysh Al-Mahdi (Muqtada's militia). Furthermore, given the nature of Jaysh Al-Mahdi, i doubt they would go round peacefully protesting against the US, and 7 of them been killed, the situation in Iraq would be very different now.

How is some random guy who came from Iraq a "better source"? You ask 10 Iraqis about the protest you'll get 12 different opinions... I'm sure this random guy who you claim is so credible does not have any political persuasions of his own and he is completely reliable and not bias in any way...

This is ridiculous! On one hand you accuse the protesters of being ba3this, on the other hand u call what I say 'BS'. Seriously there is no convincing you people. Just do whatever you want, believe whatever you want to believe in your little fairy fantasy world, I don't care anymore. I can't talk to you people it's like talking to children...

May Allah grant victory to Sayyed Moqtada and turn the plots of his enemies against themselves

Baghdad protest ban is undemocratic: Sadr

Big protest in Baghdad to demand U.S. leave Iraq

Iraqi cleric's followers demand U.S. troops leave

Iraq's own Arab spring

Muqtada al-Sadr Threatens Action if US Forces Stay in Iraq

No you're right....they're all ba3this.... :dry:

Edited by Ibn Abdullah
  • Advanced Member

Excuses of the death throws of a sectarian corrupt puppet regime, you know, killing shia's and pretending their ba'athists because somehow that makes it all better.

And anyway since when is it ok to kill protesters, no matter who they are?

Yasmeen, don't be ridiculous, the americans leaving will change nothing, every last traitor is going to be killed. Maliki will be skinned alive and hung out to dry. We'll have a party, ;) there will be popcorn.

Guest Mushu

Excuses of the death throws of a sectarian corrupt puppet regime, you know, killing shia's and pretending their ba'athists because somehow that makes it all better.

Yasmeen, don't be ridiculous, the americans leaving will change nothing, every last traitor is going to be killed. Maliki will be skinned alive and hung out to dry. We'll have a party, ;) there will be popcorn.

What kind of social retard has popcorn at a party?

Anyways, back to the topic.

Sister, i've heard you saying that Maliki is a puppet, and that he's scum alot. Could you please provide some evidence for this, in a coherent, intelligent manner?

• Advanced Member

Those days are over, so keep on dreaming ya Okhty el Soreya wink.gif

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia
  • Veteran Member

Maliki never invited Americans, in reality no Iraqis ever invited Americans. Maliki never shaken hands with foreign countries to prepare invasion. Maliki never been in contact through political parties in exiles with foreign countries like Chalabi, Talabani, Barzani, son of Khoei... Maliki never sold his country like SADDAM and BAATHISTS to stay in power. Maliki never took his country to a war in favor of Western/USSR blocs to kill millions of his own people and millions of another Islamic country's (Iran) people. Maliki never invaded another country (like Saddam invading Kuwait and warning Saudi for another invasion).

Maliki came to power through legal means... 2 times he was elected by millions of IRAQIS who went to voting polls and voted to ELECT their government. No occupation forces or foreign countries had a role in it.

The fact is that, the second time, the occupation forces and other foreign countries wanted Alawi to take over, but political parties with majority of seats who were elected by PEOPLE OF IRAQ themselves decided to elect Maliki again, against the will of Western states and fascist Zionist puppets (Arab states).

But, if you have problem for a Shia to rule Iraq (elected by majority of people) or if you have problems with minority Kurds gaining their equal rights, then that is a fascist Takfiri Arab view and perspective.. That is your own problem.

In Bahrain, in Kuwait, in Saudi, in UAE, in Qatar _______ Sunni puppet countries we have American forces stationed for years, some permanently, we never saw any objection from Sunni Nationalist parties or Takfiri Jihadists to blow themselves up in those countries... But, when it came to Iraq, all a sudden occupation forces are bad, and bombers are sent to blow up the mosques and markets belonging to Shias and Kurds and all Shias are traitor somehow because when the PUPPET Saddam was chased by ex-Masters, Shias gained some of their legal and righteous rights.

In recent Developments, the hypocrisy of those who kill and call others traitors came to surface again:

In Libya, Sunni-Arab and Takfiri alqaida sympathizers call upon NATO and AMERICANS to intervene and kill Qaddafi forces.

In Iraq the same forces fight against America and call the entire Shia population as traitors, some of these Jihadists sent to Iraq actually come from Bin Ghazi and other western Libyan states.

In Syria, the whole Ikhwanis, Salafis, Takfiris joined and take guidance from SAUDI, WEST and appeal for help from Britain.

But, the same Takfiris send Baathists and Takfiris from Saudi and Jordan to kill Shias in Iraq because somehow Shias are rafidhis who stood against 'great Sunni leader Saddam, the communist-atheist'

In Bahrain, the Saudi, Qatari and IKHWANI-SALAFI forces stand in the same political front and alongside American 5th fleet and SUPPORT the brutal Al-Khalifa against people's will, against majority, against SHIAS... And calling Iran the problem for Shias seeking their rights.

Edited by Noah-
Guest Mushu

Maliki never invited Americans, in reality no Iraqis ever invited Americans. Maliki never shaken hands with foreign countries to prepare invasion. Maliki never been in contact through political parties in exiles with foreign countries like Chalabi, Talabani, Barzani, son of Khoei... Maliki never sold his country like SADDAM and BAATHISTS to stay in power. Maliki never took his country to a war in favor of Western/USSR blocs to kill millions of his own people and millions of another Islamic country's (Iran) people. Maliki never invaded another country (like Saddam invading Kuwait and warning Saudi for another invasion).

Maliki came to power through legal means... 2 times he was elected by millions of IRAQIS who went to voting polls and voted to ELECT their government. No occupation forces or foreign countries had a role in it.

The fact is that, the second time, the occupation forces and other foreign countries wanted Alawi to take over, but political parties with majority of seats who were elected by PEOPLE OF IRAQ themselves decided to elect Maliki again, against the will of Western states and fascist Zionist puppets (Arab states).

But, if you have problem for a Shia to rule Iraq (elected by majority of people) or if you have problems with minority Kurds gaining their equal rights, then that is a fascist Takfiri Arab view and perspective.. That is your own problem.

In Bahrain, in Kuwait, in Saudi, in UAE, in Qatar _______ Sunni puppet countries we have American forces stationed for years, some permanently, we never saw any objection from Sunni Nationalist parties or Takfiri Jihadists to blow themselves up in those countries... But, when it came to Iraq, all a sudden occupation forces are bad, and bombers are sent to blow up the mosques and markets belonging to Shias and Kurds and all Shias are traitor somehow because when the PUPPET Saddam was chased by ex-Masters, Shias gained some of their legal and righteous rights.

In recent Developments, the hypocrisy of those who kill and call others traitors came to surface again:

In Libya, Sunni-Arab and Takfiri alqaida sympathizers call upon NATO and AMERICANS to intervene and kill Qaddafi forces.

In Iraq the same forces fight against America and call the entire Shia population as traitors, some of these Jihadists sent to Iraq actually come from Bin Ghazi and other western Libyan states.

In Syria, the whole Ikhwanis, Salafis, Takfiris joined and take guidance from SAUDI, WEST and appeal for help from Britain.

But, the same Takfiris send Baathists and Takfiris from Saudi and Jordan to kill Shias in Iraq because somehow Shias are rafidhis who stood against 'great Sunni leader Saddam, the communist-atheist'

In Bahrain, the Saudi, Qatari and IKHWANI-SALAFI forces stand in the same political front and alongside American 5th fleet and SUPPORT the brutal Al-Khalifa against people's will, against majority, against SHIAS... And calling Iran the problem for Shias seeking their rights.

I love you. Finally someone with some sense.

• Advanced Member

The only reason Maliki was elected is because Sayyed Moqtada offered him his support. Sayyed Moqtada always had the majority and because of this it allowed Malikis coalition to win. What did Maliki do? He stabbed Sayyed Moqtada and Jaysh al-Mahdi in the back and showed his true colours. Then he shook hands with the Americans and asked them to stay in Iraq for longer...

Edited by Ibn Abdullah
Guest Mushu

The only reason Maliki was elected is because Sayyed Moqtada offered him his support. Sayyed Moqtada always had the majority and because of this it allowed Malikis coalition to win. What did Maliki do? He stabbed Sayyed Moqtada and Jaysh al-Mahdi in the back and showed his true colours. Then he shook hands with the Americans and asked them to stay in Iraq for longer...

Thats rubbish, where did you get the idea that Muqtada has the majority vote? The majority of Iraqis dont support Jaysh Al-Mahdi.

When did he ask the Americans to stay? A valid article would suffice.

• Veteran Member

1. Muqdada & his party won 40 seats and around 30 by his partner, Hakim and coalitions out of 320 seats.

2. You did not read my statement well, I said and I quote again, "but political parties with majority of seats who were elected by PEOPLE OF IRAQ themselves decided to elect Maliki again"

Here I did not say, Maliki won majority of seats. No single party won majority of seats, that is why they had to make coalitions. I SAID, the "political parties" with majority of seats. When I said "parties" I meant all those Shia and Kurdish and even a few small Sunni parties who made a coalition and thus they compromised the majority of seats (more than 170) and majority of votes to elect Maliki, and not Allawi. And therefore, Maliki came to power for the second time through votes won by majority of parties, including Sadr's movement.

What happened later with handshake, that is something new I hear, nothing was signed such as not do as such.... And I have no idea what you mean by 'asking Americans to stay in Iraq for longer..' ? No one ever asked that and Americans will leave by the end of the year as planned.

• Advanced Member

1. Muqdada & his party won 40 seats and around 30 by his partner, Hakim and coalitions out of 320 seats.

2. You did not read my statement well, I said and I quote again, "but political parties with majority of seats who were elected by PEOPLE OF IRAQ themselves decided to elect Maliki again"

Here I did not say, Maliki won majority of seats. No single party won majority of seats, that is why they had to make coalitions. I SAID, the "political parties" with majority of seats. When I said "parties" I meant all those Shia and Kurdish and even a few small Sunni parties who made a coalition and thus they compromised the majority of seats (more than 170) and majority of votes to elect Maliki, and not Allawi. And therefore, Maliki came to power for the second time through votes won by majority of parties, including Sadr's movement.

What happened later with handshake, that is something new I hear, nothing was signed such as not do as such.... And I have no idea what you mean by 'asking Americans to stay in Iraq for longer..' ? No one ever asked that and Americans will leave by the end of the year as planned.

I am very well aware that coalitions win elections not individual parties; especially in a country so fragmented such as Iraq. The truth of the matter is that Sayyed Moqtada has the most popular party in that the majority of Iraqi's are shi3a and the majority of shi3as are Sadris. Its very much like Lebanon, in that although Shi3as aren't an overwhelming majority of the overall population, they do represent the largest religious group in the country.

And as for Maliki, the only reason the US hasn't withdrawn already is because of his deal in 2008 which allowed them to stay for three more years. Now apparently they are going to withdraw at the end of this year, although there are reports flying around that Maliki is again asking them to extend their occupation - which he of course denies. Allahu alam, the truth will come out soon Inshallah and we'll see whats really going on in Iraq.

Thats rubbish, where did you get the idea that Muqtada has the majority vote? The majority of Iraqis dont support Jaysh Al-Mahdi.

When did he ask the Americans to stay? A valid article would suffice.

No, YOU don't support jaysh al-Mahdi and you are projecting your own views on the Iraqi people - the majority of whom DO support Sayyed Moqtada

anyway there's no point arguing because you're not going to change your mind either way. You hate Sayyed Moqtada and no amount of convincing and articles and statistics will change that. For God's sake you are still convinced your shi3a brothers protesting in Iraq are really undercover ba3this.

BTW what would you consider a "valid article"? First I post from CNN and you reject it. Then I post 6 other articles from different news websiets and they aren't good enough? What do you want from me?

• Advanced Member

Bunch of Baathi's

Also Maliki got in democratically and he is doing a better job then any other party in Iraq will ever do.

Also if Mahdi was in Iraq today he himself wouldn't support Jaysh Al-Mahdi, they are not going to do any good in Iraq.

Edited by Kurdi Fehli
Guest Mushu

Bunch of Baathi's

Also Maliki got in democratically and he is doing a better job then any other party in Iraq will ever do.

Also if Mahdi was in Iraq today he himself wouldn't support Jaysh Al-Mahdi, they are not going to do any good in Iraq.

Finally, another person who is smart enough to understand Iraq.

Where've you been! Me & Iraqiah_Shia have been defending this view point for months with no support!

• Advanced Member

Where've you been! Me & Iraqiah_Shia have been defending this view point for months with no support!

I was mistreated under Saddam forced to join the army for 10 hellish years and fight against Iran. I wasn't allowed to finish year 12. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I fleed the army and travelled the middle east until I was accepted as a citizen in Iran because my grand dad has an Iranian citizenship.

I have been viewing this forum for ages, I finally made an account to preach my view!

Guest Mushu

Brother, in an argument calling someone stupid or insulting them makes you look a 100 times worse.

Keep your calm and use your mind to give them a rebuttal that they can't disagree with.

Brother, theres no hope for him. Ive been trying to discuss things with him nicely for months now, he doesnt wanna know. Trust me, hes just a war mongerer.

• Advanced Member

Words of wisdom, I like your posts Noah! Now lets see if ''Syrian Sister'' will reply to your post for a change. I doubt it though. The Saddami Baathi flag she has in her profile says enough about her and her views.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia
  • Advanced Member

looooooooool "smart enough to understand Iraq" means "call anyone who disagrees with us a ba3thi"

you people are lost cases wallah

• Veteran Member

Brother, theres no hope for him. Ive been trying to discuss things with him nicely for months now, he doesnt wanna know. Trust me, hes just a war mongerer.

you hear that mushymushu? take kurdi's advice on how to communicate with your elders.

and you might want to double check your english grammar .. what's a mongerer? oh, do you mean warmonger?

and while you're at it, you can explain how defending your country against an occupying force can be considered warmongererering? :wacko:

Guest Mushu

looooooooool "smart enough to understand Iraq" means "call anyone who disagrees with us a ba3thi"

you people are lost cases wallah

Not Ba3thi, just ignorant regarding Iraq's needs.

you hear that mushymushu? take kurdi's advice on how to communicate with your elders.

and you might want to double check your english grammar .. what's a mongerer? oh, do you mean warmonger?

and while you're at it, you can explain how defending your country against an occupying force can be considered warmongererering? :wacko:

Sorry i made a spelling mistake O Wise One. We're not all as wise and intelligent as you mashAllah. BTW, i have an A in A-level English Literature, so nice one.

It is warmongering when there are more important issues to deal with. And we're not as occupied as you make out. Ive been to Iraq quite a few times now, and ive only ever seen one US convoy - and that was at the Iraqi border, leaving Iraq. InshAllah the time for resistance will come, but now is not that time.

• Veteran Member

Not Ba3thi, just ignorant regarding Iraq's needs.

Sorry i made a spelling mistake O Wise One. We're not all as wise and intelligent as you mashAllah. BTW, i have an A in A-level English Literature, so nice one.

It is warmongering when there are more important issues to deal with. And we're not as occupied as you make out. Ive been to Iraq quite a few times now, and ive only ever seen one US convoy - and that was at the Iraqi border, leaving Iraq. InshAllah the time for resistance will come, but now is not that time.

then you better stick to pride and prejudice and leave politics to the big boys.

'' InshAllah the time for resistance will come''

explain yourself shakespear

Guest Mushu

then you better stick to pride and prejudice and leave politics to the big boys.

'' InshAllah the time for resistance will come''

explain yourself shakespear

The big boys who type about resistance and yet do nothing?

Iraq has issues to sort out. There are countless people who are homeless and starving. There is high unemployment, there is still no electricity. The government is rank with corruption. There are explosions all the time, orchestrated by Wahabbis. If, after all these more pressing issues are resolved, there is still an American occupation, then, and only then, will it make sense to revolt.

*Shakespeare.

Btw, you mock English literature, but can you remind me what the majority of politicians studied at university?

• Veteran Member

The big boys who type about resistance and yet do nothing?

Iraq has issues to sort out. There are countless people who are homeless and starving. There is high unemployment, there is still no electricity. The government is rank with corruption. There are explosions all the time, orchestrated by Wahabbis. If, after all these more pressing issues are resolved, there is still an American occupation, then, and only then, will it make sense to revolt.

*Shakespeare.

Btw, you mock English literature, but can you remind me what the majority of politicians studied at university?

resistance is not limited to AK47s and RPGs. the islamic revolution is a world-wide phenomenon, it's not contained by borders or race or financial status. everyone with a correct world-view has a role to play. some are destined for the frontline, some to the classrooms ... and some to dramatic plays! :squeez:

which should answer your second point.

as for your third contribution ... I don't have time to mock anything english. it's irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. western politicians are not a scale to weigh a persons worth.