Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yasahebalzeman

How To Meet Religious Women?

Rate this topic

Salamon Alycom!

I am 23 years old. And I want to get married, but I don't seem to find the religious girl I want..

I live in an european country, and I can't seem to find the woman that cares enough about religion..

I have been engaged before.. but my ex fiance didn't care much about religion.. and my ultimate goal in life is to have a religious wife, so we both can help each other in Allahs service. I want her to understand my need for islamic knowledge and gain for iman.

But my question is. Where do I find such a wife?

Women with good hijab are rare, and difficult to find.. the women I see all have bad hijab.. maybe the good hijabees are sitting at home? I don't know.. but I don't seem to find them..

I've tried everything.. islamic organizations, universities, internet whatever

The prophet saww says in a beautiful hadith where its meaning goes like this: a woman, either she is good or bad, she is not worth anything. If she is bad, then everything have more worth than her, and if she is good, no diamonds, no gold, no silver can measure up or value her. because she is unique, therefore neither has any value and ain't worth anything.

Now as you are women, and religious women discussing Islam and that's the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world, And women like you (religious) is really worth living for and caring for.. but where do I find such women?

I tried to get to know some girls here yesterday.. by giving out my email. and everyone thought I was a pervert and almost cursed me.. Now I can understand that what I did wasn't exactly appropriate, but I have no choice. And I can understand that people might think I'm a pervert when giving out information about myself. because there is a lot people that are like that (perverts).. but what can a momin guy do to meet a religious women?

It's not like it used to be.. just go to a family and ask for the hand in marriage, without knowing the girl.. because maybe the family is good but the girl is very bad or vice versa..

Hmm!! :(

Thank you

Edited by yasahebalzeman

Salamon Alycom!

I am 23 years old. And I want to get married, but I don't seem to find the religious girl I want..

I live in an european country, and I can't seem to find the woman that cares enough about religion..

I have been engaged before.. but my ex fiance didn't care much about religion.. and my ultimate goal in life is to have a religious wife, so we both can help each other in Allahs service. I want her to understand my need for islamic knowledge and gain for iman.

But my question is. Where do I find such a wife?

Women with good hijab are rare, and difficult to find.. the women I see all have bad hijab.. maybe the good hijabees are sitting at home? I don't know.. but I don't seem to find them..

I've tried everything.. islamic organizations, universities, internet whatever

The prophet saww says in a beautiful hadith where its meaning goes like this: a woman, either she is good or bad, she is not worth anything. If she is bad, then everything have more worth than her, and if she is good, no diamonds, no gold, no silver can measure up or value her. because she is unique, therefore neither has any value and ain't worth anything.

Now as you are women, and religious women discussing Islam and that's the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world, And women like you (religious) is really worth living for and caring for.. but where do I find such women?

I tried to get to know some girls here yesterday.. by giving out my email. and everyone thought I was a pervert and almost cursed me.. Now I can understand that what I did wasn't exactly appropriate, but I have no choice. And I can understand that people might think I'm a pervert when giving out information about myself. because there is a lot people that are like that (perverts).. but what can a momin guy do to meet a religious women?

It's not like it used to be.. just go to a family and ask for the hand in marriage, without knowing the girl.. because maybe the family is good but the girl is very bad or vice versa..

Hmm!! :(

Thank you

dont be fooled by a hijaab ... A girl wearing a hijaab doesnt mean she is religious

dont be fooled by a hijaab ... A girl wearing a hijaab doesnt mean she is religious

I know that very well.. But I do know that a girl who is not wearing hijab cannot be religious.. because she clearly isn't doing the thing Allah asked her to do.. and that does it for me.. Of course there are girls who don't know their obligation, so not ALL non-hijab wearing girls are non- religious, but that does not include those minority who don't know their obligation..

But when I say hijab.. I don't mean just the cloth around the head.. I mean her modesty and chastity and making me feel like the only man in her life..

It's not just hijab, but also prayer and other obligation like loving ahlulbayt and seeking knowledge etc.

I live in the U.S. and am also having trouble finding a person to marry. I don't know what's going to happen. You're still young and you're a man you have plenty of time to find someone but I'm a 28 year old female.

I live in the U.S. and am also having trouble finding a person to marry. I don't know what's going to happen. You're still young and you're a man you have plenty of time to find someone but I'm a 28 year old female.

alla ewafgich

You are just 23, I would suggest you stop looking desperately and work on yourself, in time you will find someone. Marriage is about finding yourself anyways more than focusing entirely on your partner.

I heard this expression from one of the guys on here once: 'A womans heart should be so lost in the love of Allah, that you have search for Him in order to find her'

good expression

Ok.. thank you for the responses.. but every answer except one was from the guys..

I didn't put my question on the brothers forum, I put it on the sisters forum for a reason, because I wanted to know where I find religious women.. Is it really that hard to find religious women?

are every religious woman, sitting in her home? I want to know where they can be found?

And sister asma0401.. Inshaallah u will find the right person that is a momin and satisfies u and treat you like the queen u are.

Thank you for responses!

Salam

i know this question is directed at girls but i can not help but reply. reiligious girls are hard to find, i got married years ago, my wife is good, not complaining but still not the standard of religoon i would have wished. girls these days have bad hijab and are too much.

good girls are rare and hard to find, but we need to work hard to find them

salams brother;

I understand what you are going through. There are few points you should bear in mind:

1. Some hijabis that wear tight could be in fact pure hearted and religious in all other aspects...

2. some people who wear proper hijab are usually religious but do study their manners and behaviour before judging them cuz some are forced into wearing proper hijab and not in fact religious..

Unfortunately I know that some garls attend islamic lectures or join university islamic organisations with the intention of meeting guys and from the way they behave with the brothers, you would know they are infact not religious... I suggest you speak to a shiek or someone you trust and ask him/ her to help you search for the right girl... I dont know about meeting people online. I know for sure that I wont be talking to a non-mahram guy and dont think other girls will too...

No, I know many religious garls that are highly educated and attend university's or work.. not all of them are at home.

The way to know a girl is though your women so ask your sisters/ mother/ aunts etc to look for right girl...

All the best Inshalla....

Try Pennsylvania. Amish women are known to be conservative, and domesticated.

Or Kandahar. Them are even trained in the art of getting beaten. Added benefit.

Edited by Marbles

Yes, it is hard to find a religious girl that u cud be attracted to physically, and you guys have mental synergy.

And no, you are not a pervert for giving out ur personal info to sc ppl however, it is against the site rules to solicit someone for marriage.

Also, it depends on how u approach ppl.whether they are ppl frm sc, fb, or even in person.. u don't wanna be so direct. Just take ur time, get to the person and u will get the answer. There are a lot of guys n girls on sc who are single and maybe looking, who knows :)

Good luck!

Solution: Import an educated, religious man from paki/india/middle east or where ever u originally from :P

Salam brother,

You should go to islamic meetings and maybe talk to the speaker of your local mosque.

I think most religious women you can find there and yes I think a lot of religious women are at home so yah..

Don't rule a woman out simply because she doesn't wear hijab. Yes, we are supposed to wear it, but converts are on a whole different plane. Many take a while to become ready for such an act. Even those who were born Muslim...maybe they have the wrong ideas about hijab (that it signifies oppression, etc). You have to get to know someone on other than their appearance. There are many reasons why a woman may not be wearing the hijab. For all you know, those you have turned down because of it have now decided to wear it, or actually WANT to but there's something stopping them, etc.

I hope you find what you're looking for. As a woman, I can say that women don't necessarily want to be sought out for just the sake of marriage. If you stop actively searching and work on your self, you could become THAT much more attractive to a potential spouse. A good Muslim woman will want a good Muslim husband, and will automatically be more open to a proposal if she knows that he's doing what he should be doing in his religion.

Don't rule a woman out simply because she doesn't wear hijab. Yes, we are supposed to wear it, but converts are on a whole different plane. Many take a while to become ready for such an act. Even those who were born Muslim...maybe they have the wrong ideas about hijab (that it signifies oppression, etc). You have to get to know someone on other than their appearance. There are many reasons why a woman may not be wearing the hijab. For all you know, those you have turned down because of it have now decided to wear it, or actually WANT to but there's something stopping them, etc.

+1

It is immature to reject a potential wife only because she doesn't wear a scarf.

There are many far more important things to worry about in hubby-wifey relationship.

But yeah, to each its own. . .

Try finding one from the country of your parents origins? (might be easier)

Do your parents know any good candidates that are well educated and mature?

You still have a massive amount of time so don't rush or panic.

I think having hijab is better than nothing. Just make sure they have a normal personality.

theres a banner for a website called "SHIA SPOUSE" on the top of this very page man, maybe if you want to find a shia spouse there might be a good place to start looking, the website called "shia spouse" (the clue is in the name)

theres a banner for a website called "SHIA SPOUSE" on the top of this very page man, maybe if you want to find a shia spouse there might be a good place to start looking, the website called "shia spouse" (the clue is in the name)

and i think there is simplyshia.com you can find a spouse there too