Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
fjawad25

Demon Possession Is It Real Or Just A Disorder?

Rate this topic

90% of cases are mental disorders

but hey jinns does exits and quraan speaks about them.....so there are chances that some people get in there possession,specially those who are unaware of islaamic duties and avoids worship of GOD.

Is it possible that a person who knows of God/Allah and yet is totally committed to evil is possessed? I am not talking about a person who rants and raves incoherently, but one who possibly commits murder without feeling or remorse, like a contract hit man or the like.

The belief that a jinn enters in to the body of a human being and takes over all of his faculties and controls him in the way that is depicted here are ancient superstitious beliefs that arabs (and other cultures had) its even reflected in the arabic language "majnoon" - the word for insanity - its rooted in "jinn possession" - If the hadeeths and ayas of the quran are examined logically one will find that jinns can effect human beings, but so can other humans and various environmental factors. For example its possible that a human being through various actions can cause another human being to become sick, misguided as well as insane. Yet no one claims that the person has "taken over" the other person, and taken away their faculties. Jinn is a similar case - except that they are not (usually) seen by us. They can have effects on us through various means - but the idea that they enter your body through your ears or something similar and take over control is rooted in superstition. Its obvious the people in these stories (if they are even true) suffer from various mental issues - which may have been caused by a plethora of various environmental factors - including factors that were set in motion by the mischief of both men and jinn, dont forget that a human can be among the shayateen as well.

Is it possible that a person who knows of God/Allah and yet is totally committed to evil is possessed? I am not talking about a person who rants and raves incoherently, but one who possibly commits murder without feeling or remorse, like a contract hit man or the like.

Yes they are possessed - but not in the way you are thinking.

People who have gone deep in to sin and misguidance are possessed by the desires and weaknesses of their own soul, they have let them selves be totally driven by desires and the whispers of shaytan and the speech/promises of evil human beings.

In that sense they are completely "possessed"

Yes they are possessed - but not in the way you are thinking.

People who have gone deep in to sin and misguidance are possessed by the desires and weaknesses of their own soul, they have let them selves be totally driven by desires and the whispers of shaytan and the speech/promises of evil human beings.

In that sense they are completely "possessed"

Excellent point, Al Mufeed. You place responsibility back upon the person and allow for the exercise of free will against the influence of Shaytan.

Allah (swt) didn't give jinns or 'spirits' the ability to posses humans or their consciousness, and as stated above, there is no religious foundation to such claims.

So, are jinns the same as the "minions" of Satan, as some Christians believe, or are they hapless spirits that wander about making nuisances of themselves? Or both?

Asalam Alaikum

one of my ants that lives in mid southern mexico is possesed or inflicted with black magic she is a catholic and before she was a good girl then at the age of 18 it started happening she started seeing a tall man in from of her bedroom with red eyes, death owls falling on her lap while at the plasa with friends and many other strange animals seeing by the family inside the house, once my mom told me she would see fire balls , and once she said that with the knowledge that Allah swt has giving me i know now that those were jinns, So guys i ask you to do dua for my chuya (chooyaa) she is now 40 yrs old and is still under demonic possesion or spells since she was only 17 or 18 , this is serious and not just any tale or movie, May Allah swt releave her inshallah from the evil of shaitan.

ive often wondered this myself but ive recently come across a theory which makes sense to me.

Allah (swt) has created man the best of His creation, and jinns (or demons according to the Bible) are made lower than us, which is why shaytaan had to bow down to Prophet Adam (as). They also have free will which is why shaytaan refused to obey his orders from Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

When a human being lowers themselves spiritually and morally they become the same levels or lower than jinns, basically they're not living up to their abilities as human beings and muslims. When this happens, it becomes easier to tempt them and influence them.

I dont think a jinn can possess a human being by entering them, but maybe they can influence a mind that is already weak (which is kinda what shaytaan does anyway).

Then again, some people believe that people doing witchcraft use jinns to harm people or get what they want from people by offering them a sacrifice (you can see this in Disney movies like Aladdin, little mermaid) and so people think that they can use those jinns to 'possess' (or influence) others. AlHamdulillah i havent come across any possessions, although i have encountered some paranormal activity...

Edited by AlHamdulillah110

Assalamallikum,

Islam does not teach that there are "demons".

What you imagine about "possession" is like anorexia miriablis -> when in Europe's Mid-Evil :shaytan: times women starved themselves to death for "god". A serious, psychiatric disturbance.

What Islam teaches is that a shatan can only suggest "from a place you cannot see" (id est behind you). It can only talk but nothing else.

Christians --the evilgelical variety- need "demonic power" for several reasons. To include: exlaining disease; explain mental illness or incapacity/diminished capacity; and to pretend that a demon has "power" : then when a satan says 'son of god' in the New Testament then that implies 'authority' and 'knowledge' <-but you have to ignore Gospel of John Chapter 8 to pretend this (where Isa(as) teaches the Shatan is a liar and the "father of lies".

So if your bed starts shaking at night, it must be a 'planetoid disturbance', as the Trekkies say. (If you saw the movie)

I think I told you before about the place we used to live. Something would play with my hair while I was sleeping and when I would try to get up I couldn't move.....once I even seen swirls of smoke from the corner of my eye, scared me to death. Another time I was sleeping on the sofa and I woke up with something trying to suck all of the air out of my mouth, I jumped up, the thing ran (it was very thin and lightening fast).....I was sitting up and my eyes focused to the hallway, it peeked quickly around the corner then left.....I SAW IT! Things like this happened more than once but these were the most memorable, and it was all in the same house.....NO IT WASN'T sleep paralysis. After we moved it never happened again....so I am convinced something was in that house and it liked to pick on me. It never managed to possess me.....and do I think sorcery was involved....no I don't think so.

WTH?? This thread is going to give me nightmares. I'm never sleeping on my own again.

when every one has to wear nike or addidass its called possetion... otherwise they would be 3 2 do what they wanted, dispite whose name is on it...

and when we go crazy in sin, we are possed....

when to people have a row...

but you can get possesed by the holy spirit, for a good cause,

or like ever evolving kung fu --- Imam Ali still teaches v good kung fu...

I think us as Muslims are sometimes too quick to assume demonic possession, rather than say mental illness. When I worked in the mental health wards observing schizophrenics I found that with the right medication those who hallucinated and claimed that they were possessed soon became a lot better after treatment.

Surely schizophrenic/ anti psychotic drugs would not have an affect on jinn??

I think us as Muslims are sometimes too quick to assume demonic possession, rather than say mental illness. When I worked in the mental health wards observing schizophrenics I found that with the right medication those who hallucinated and claimed that they were possessed soon became a lot better after treatment.

Surely schizophrenic/ anti psychotic drugs would not have an affect on jinn??

well actually, Exorcists explain that when a human is influenced by jinn for whatever reason be it sorcery or whatever, the witch doctor will send his enslaved jinn to the victim and have it carry out certain tasks(depending on the wishlist of the person employing the witch doctor). Now everything in the human is controlled by the brain. so if that enslaved jinns job is to make the victim hear/see things/ become suicidal/depressed/angry then the jinn presses the right nerves/cells in the victims brain associated with the desired effects it is after! so the jinn can then affect the human by effecting the victims brain. in doing so the jinn has either made the brain alter its pattern through stimulation of certain liquids, suppression of certain glands and altered brain chemistry.

...so then medication ofcourse will be able to put that imbalance straight again no doubt about that.... BUT only for a limited time as the enslaved jinn will return to keep doing his job (whatever that is). THAT is why schizophrenics will have to stay on the medication for life and as soon as they stop taking it the jinn will alter their brain again.

I agree with others other here. very rarely will a jinn be doing these things independently because they have families etc and very busy in their own lives. It is only enslaved ones who carry out the orders of witch doctors. so yes you get humans who are shaytans themselves for doing this kind of things and we blame the enslaved jinn.

if you visit http://www.jinndemons.com/ it tells u alot about this kind of thing.

well actually, Exorcists explain that when a human is influenced by jinn for whatever reason be it sorcery or whatever, the witch doctor will send his enslaved jinn to the victim and have it carry out certain tasks(depending on the wishlist of the person employing the witch doctor). Now everything in the human is controlled by the brain. so if that enslaved jinns job is to make the victim hear/see things/ become suicidal/depressed/angry then the jinn presses the right nerves/cells in the victims brain associated with the desired effects it is after! so the jinn can then affect the human by effecting the victims brain. in doing so the jinn has either made the brain alter its pattern through stimulation of certain liquids, suppression of certain glands and altered brain chemistry.

...so then medication ofcourse will be able to put that imbalance straight again no doubt about that.... BUT only for a limited time as the enslaved jinn will return to keep doing his job (whatever that is). THAT is why schizophrenics will have to stay on the medication for life and as soon as they stop taking it the jinn will alter their brain again.

I agree with others other here. very rarely will a jinn be doing these things independently because they have families etc and very busy in their own lives. It is only enslaved ones who carry out the orders of witch doctors. so yes you get humans who are shaytans themselves for doing this kind of things and we blame the enslaved jinn.

if you visit http://www.jinndemons.com/ it tells u alot about this kind of thing.

With respect Noah, that's not very accurate. Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. With such a blurred line between the real and the imaginary.

Abnormalities in brain structure may also play a role in schizophrenia. Enlarged brain ventricles are seen in some schizophrenics, indicating a deficit in the volume of brain tissue. There is also evidence of abnormally low activity in the frontal lobe, the area of the brain responsible for planning, reasoning, and decision-making (often schizophrenia is diagnosed bt CT scans). Both medication and therapy are an effective way of controlling this disorder, but if you truly are possessed than I doubt that these therapies would work.

As a Muslim I believe in jinn - but our first assumption should not be demonic possession. People who are suffering from mental illness should see a psychologist not a witch doctor.

Assalaam alaikum wr wb

The existence of jin cannot be denied,since they too are makhlooq e khuda.Denying their existence and mischief is a sin since it is being mentioned in the Quran.Next you cannot deny mental illness since that too is mentioned in the Quran.So we should not debate or argue about it.Rather question an alim if you have such problems.If it is a mental disease it will be the answer ,if jin possession that will be the answer.Who knows better except Allah.So it is waste of time arguing about something that you do not know.Rather engross yourself in ibadat so that you may not be afflicted with any of these afflictions.

Afflictions can be through the might of Allah.They can also be the mischief of bad human beings and also the michief of the jinns.It can just be a disease or some poison working its way in the blood hence reaching the brain and causing nuisance .

It can be lack of faith of the person who seems to be affected.Or it can just be an acquired bad habit through bad mahol (bad cinfluence of society). .

Bitto - nobody is denying the existence of jinn, I am a Muslim (in fact my great grandmother claimed to be an exorciser of bad spirits)

I do however take issue with your "They can also be the mischief of bad human beings" This is wrong, and it puts the blame on the poor person suffering. Unfortunately in our communities mental illness holds such stigma, its so bad that people will claim to be possessed which is much more culturally acceptable than mental illness. There is nothing in our religion that prohibits us from getting from getting help with mental ill health (Duas included) so lets try and be more accepting of all kinds of treatment.

Assalaam alaikum wr wb

It can be lack of faith of the person who seems to be affected.Or it can just be an acquired bad habit through bad mahol (bad cinfluence of society). .

A jinn who possesses someone is clearly evil! so why would a jinn possess someone who was lacking in faith because someone lacking in faith is also one of the lost souls and has already been won over by the shaytan.

Rather, it makes more sense for evil jinns to possess good people. Even the Prophet Muhammed was inflicted by jinn bothering him and so Allah sent down the last surahs-4 Quls for his protection

Now I ask you, was the Prophet lacking in faith for the jinns to be attacking him?

for a Jinn , a greater reward is to attack and bother and possess a believer.

I have seen a jinn before. They are not like that nonsense on youtube. They do not look like flesh and bone. They look like smoke, but in HD. The jinn I saw was evil. I frighten it away by reciting Sura Al-Falaq. I am not sure why I saw it, but I have not seen one since, but they exist and I can swear to that. Dawud1UK is on to something, I was in a very small town in the Pacific Northwest when I saw the jinn.

With respect Noah, that's not very accurate. Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. With such a blurred line between the real and the imaginary.

Abnormalities in brain structure may also play a role in schizophrenia. Enlarged brain ventricles are seen in some schizophrenics, indicating a deficit in the volume of brain tissue. There is also evidence of abnormally low activity in the frontal lobe, the area of the brain responsible for planning, reasoning, and decision-making (often schizophrenia is diagnosed bt CT scans). Both medication and therapy are an effective way of controlling this disorder, but if you truly are possessed than I doubt that these therapies would work.

As a Muslim I believe in jinn - but our first assumption should not be demonic possession. People who are suffering from mental illness should see a psychologist not a witch doctor.

As I have pointed out! yes drugs will work on schizos who have the illness due to altered brain chemistry due to reasons non-jinn related. HOWEVER, where Jinn is related THEN these drugs will NOT WORK or if they do it will only be temporarily.

Hence an excorcism is necessary to stop the jinn from returning or expelling the jinnn from the human body.

I have seen a jinn before. They are not like that nonsense on youtube. They do not look like flesh and bone. They look like smoke, but in HD. The jinn I saw was evil. I frighten it away by reciting Sura Al-Falaq. I am not sure why I saw it, but I have not seen one since, but they exist and I can swear to that. Dawud1UK is on to something, I was in a very small town in the Pacific Northwest when I saw the jinn.

(salam)

For me to believe that you saw a jinn, tell me either 1], which of two things was on its head, or 2] tell me something about its arms and hands.

Psychology is unfortunately full of guesswork. Many things that may be jinn, may be confused with "chemical imbalance" etc. In Norway the massmurderer Breivik, a psychopath, is believed to be suffering from psychosis. That is also what they claim jinn is. So someone who simply experiences jinn, and is a good muslim, may be put next to Breivik in a psychiatric hospital here. It is ofcourse shameful, may Allah guide this country to a better understanding.

In the Quran, the associator (idolater/disbeliever) calls on a "rebellious shaytan" only.

Indeed, maybe they go mad.

Purification of the mind, and avoiding false concepts. and believeing correctly, in correct monotheism, is ofcourse how to avoid jinn.

Unfortunately many common associations are commonly believed in. For instance "infinite universe". God is the only infinite. "Pantheism", God is not creation, but the transcendent eternal King of the heavens and the earth. Also many associate hadith with Gods word. They pick as verse from the Quran, and then follow it up with fallible hadith, as to add or remove to Gods word. All this must be avoided, to avoid jinn.

As I also stated in another post here, I wrote about jinn here, and an advanded technique against them.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/uwaysi-bin-kareem/an-esoteric-meditation-technique/10150875135007906

Satan is ofcourse also the cause of war. All worldreligions are originally about the same, and all posess the same universal nature. (30:30) Satan the firespirit and idolater, upholds though unnatural concepts, and facism, that hinders peace. And distortion of religion is his work. If he did not distort any religion, we would all have the same religion, and the world be at peace.

Peace Be With You!

Assalaam alaikum wr wb

Sometimes the people who send jin are greedy for something and so do some black magic to send a jin.Those jin are also very greedy.They do harm even for a small amount.Once when I was a kid I had a small fight with somebody studying in the same school.I didn't knew she got so angry as it was only a minor verbal fight.She wanted something like my raincoat or new school bag which I refused to give her.She then said that she will go to a temple and give an apple to a jin and he/she will harass me for my entire lifetime.The jin really did harm me for a long time but definitely not my entire lifetime .:)I sometimes still feel frightened but this time I don't know who is sending.I can only make some wild guess .If somebody can please help me.?It's definitely a jin because I saw a moving fire tall and somewhat shapey like a human being.What can be the easiest way to save one's life from greedy people and jin?Thanking you in advance.May Allah help those who help a Muslim.

Khuda haafiz.JazakAllah khair

As-salam alaikum,

I absolutely, positively believe in possession/demons/jinn, whatever you want to call them. A brother/sister above said that these beings attack weak people or rather, those who are with weak iman. I agree somewhat, but I do not agree entirely, and I can use myself as an example.

I have never had weak iman, I have always turned to God, and done my best to praise the Divine. Has it been perfect? No. But it has not been weak. I have always dedicated myself to justice, freedom, love and morality and I have been affected by these entities. How? Well, when I was little, a young child of 7, I was abused by a neighbor for several years. Yes it did ruin a lot within me, not physicaly, but emotionally, but never did it burn my faith in Allah. I did spiral downward emotionally though as I said, and there was a period when I wanted to end my life. I felt plagued, hated and alone. I never cursed God or blamed anyone, I just felt I was fated to be plagued like this and I wanted everything to end. But...I did lift myself out of it, partially with the help of great figures in my life, including a Shia brother, whom I owe much to now and of course, a steadfast commitment to God. But even before all of that, and after, I have dealt with what they call "night terrors" -- that feeling of something either being on top of you, holding you down into the bed, choaking you, or even, mostly for women, trying to enter your sexually...

The first few times it happened, it was just the feeling of something being on top of me. Whether I was on my back, side or stomach sleeping, it didn't matter. It started the same way though, I felt something like a fog, crawling up my legs and coming to sit on me, pushing me, holding me into the bed. When I was attending university, it was particularly scary because there was a serial rapist on the loose, and one night, I was sure he had broken into my apartment, but when I finally was able to open my eyes and wake from the paralysis type feeling, no one was there...that I could see. After college, I moved back home, and was struck with these same things agan, but it got worse. One time, the entity came on top of me the same way, that crawling fog, and I felt even more stuck than before, I actually felt something enter me, the way a male lover would, that was the most traumatizing...and just...awful. I spoke to a Sheikh after that and he told me everything would be ok, but that I would have to confront the thing dead on. Try to will my eyes open and declare it had no power over me. I tried again when it happened, and I failed. I was too scared to conquer it. But then one night...I was lying on my back, my right hand clasped over my comforter, and my left arm hugging the teddy bear I still have (don't judge hahaha) and I felt that slithering feeling come on top of me...but this time, I felt a hand...a cold, slimey hand, with long, long nails, claw into the wrist that was wrapped around my bear. I was so angry. I wanted it to stop! It was getting progressively worse, and as much as I tried to will it away, it wouldn't leave. Out of nowhere I started furiously chanting "Allahu Akbar....Allahu Akbar.....Allahu Akbar" the jinn didn't leave, but I felt it get weaker. Wallah azeem! I tell you these are not lies, I am not making this up...I was able to make my right hand strong...and brought it to wear the claws were now digging into my neck on the left side and I held this things wrist...I HAD IT! And then, from my GUT I spoke to it and said, "you have NO power here, this body is a place of God, you can no longer hurt me!!!" And right then I opened my eyes...above me was a white goulish like figure...very ugly and with bright neon green eyes. I kept saying it had no power and things like Allahu Akbar, I called out to Muhammad SAW and Issa AS for help and I swear I was freed. The beast was gone...and since that night, I have not felt this feeling. That was maybe 3 years ago.

I swear to you and Allah Almighty, that what I have written is true. These dark beings exist! And they do latch on to people. My Sheikh told me that yes, they do come for weak, "bad" people...but they also come for the good. My Sheikh told me, you have a good heart, you have been through trials in your life, but you are good, these demons have come to you because they want to drag you under, that they don't understand how I was so plagued but could never deny God. He said it was a testament to my strength.

Al hamdulillah, I have built a fortress of faith. And for any and all being plagued by these things, turn towards God and trusted loved ones...and if you need someone to speak to, because yes, it does sound crazy to most people, feel free to inbox me! I will believe you and help you through!

<3 Love and Light <3

schizophrenics, or those with disorders are not getting medical aid because people believe they have been possesed - although not a single person can provide any proof for this.

i don't think such supersitious thoughts have place in Islam.

Hitler, Yazid, and the like were horrendous people - now when did a jinn possess them?

jinns exist, but we can not make contact with them. They are God's creation. simple as that.

... and then we wonder why atheists think we are backward?

Exactly.

There is no such thing as possession by a 'demon'.

tell me...why is it that these unseen demons of which we have no proof of actually possessing us can interfere with our minds...yet we can't with theirs?

There is no possession. Only brain disorders or superstition or worry. All of which are tests from God in some way, shape, or form and require medical advise...

As-salam alaikum,

I absolutely, positively believe in possession/demons/jinn, whatever you want to call them. A brother/sister above said that these beings attack weak people or rather, those who are with weak iman. I agree somewhat, but I do not agree entirely, and I can use myself as an example.

I have never had weak iman, I have always turned to God, and done my best to praise the Divine. Has it been perfect? No. But it has not been weak. I have always dedicated myself to justice, freedom, love and morality and I have been affected by these entities. How? Well, when I was little, a young child of 7, I was abused by a neighbor for several years. Yes it did ruin a lot within me, not physicaly, but emotionally, but never did it burn my faith in Allah. I did spiral downward emotionally though as I said, and there was a period when I wanted to end my life. I felt plagued, hated and alone. I never cursed God or blamed anyone, I just felt I was fated to be plagued like this and I wanted everything to end. But...I did lift myself out of it, partially with the help of great figures in my life, including a Shia brother, whom I owe much to now and of course, a steadfast commitment to God. But even before all of that, and after, I have dealt with what they call "night terrors" -- that feeling of something either being on top of you, holding you down into the bed, choaking you, or even, mostly for women, trying to enter your sexually...

The first few times it happened, it was just the feeling of something being on top of me. Whether I was on my back, side or stomach sleeping, it didn't matter. It started the same way though, I felt something like a fog, crawling up my legs and coming to sit on me, pushing me, holding me into the bed. When I was attending university, it was particularly scary because there was a serial rapist on the loose, and one night, I was sure he had broken into my apartment, but when I finally was able to open my eyes and wake from the paralysis type feeling, no one was there...that I could see. After college, I moved back home, and was struck with these same things agan, but it got worse. One time, the entity came on top of me the same way, that crawling fog, and I felt even more stuck than before, I actually felt something enter me, the way a male lover would, that was the most traumatizing...and just...awful. I spoke to a Sheikh after that and he told me everything would be ok, but that I would have to confront the thing dead on. Try to will my eyes open and declare it had no power over me. I tried again when it happened, and I failed. I was too scared to conquer it. But then one night...I was lying on my back, my right hand clasped over my comforter, and my left arm hugging the teddy bear I still have (don't judge hahaha) and I felt that slithering feeling come on top of me...but this time, I felt a hand...a cold, slimey hand, with long, long nails, claw into the wrist that was wrapped around my bear. I was so angry. I wanted it to stop! It was getting progressively worse, and as much as I tried to will it away, it wouldn't leave. Out of nowhere I started furiously chanting "Allahu Akbar....Allahu Akbar.....Allahu Akbar" the jinn didn't leave, but I felt it get weaker. Wallah azeem! I tell you these are not lies, I am not making this up...I was able to make my right hand strong...and brought it to wear the claws were now digging into my neck on the left side and I held this things wrist...I HAD IT! And then, from my GUT I spoke to it and said, "you have NO power here, this body is a place of God, you can no longer hurt me!!!" And right then I opened my eyes...above me was a white goulish like figure...very ugly and with bright neon green eyes. I kept saying it had no power and things like Allahu Akbar, I called out to Muhammad SAW and Issa AS for help and I swear I was freed. The beast was gone...and since that night, I have not felt this feeling. That was maybe 3 years ago.

I swear to you and Allah Almighty, that what I have written is true. These dark beings exist! And they do latch on to people. My Sheikh told me that yes, they do come for weak, "bad" people...but they also come for the good. My Sheikh told me, you have a good heart, you have been through trials in your life, but you are good, these demons have come to you because they want to drag you under, that they don't understand how I was so plagued but could never deny God. He said it was a testament to my strength.

Al hamdulillah, I have built a fortress of faith. And for any and all being plagued by these things, turn towards God and trusted loved ones...and if you need someone to speak to, because yes, it does sound crazy to most people, feel free to inbox me! I will believe you and help you through!

<3 Love and Light <3

there are many bad people on earth...why are they not getting possessed left right and center? trust me. this was a mental disorder you have over-come, and nothing else.

I AM A MUSLIM.

As I have pointed out! yes drugs will work on schizos who have the illness due to altered brain chemistry due to reasons non-jinn related. HOWEVER, where Jinn is related THEN these drugs will NOT WORK or if they do it will only be temporarily.

Hence an excorcism is necessary to stop the jinn from returning or expelling the jinnn from the human body.

Sorry, but the logic here is flawed.

> Jinns do not interfere with humans physically or effect us.

> The biggest Satan is ourselves

> this is pure superstition, which has virtualy no proof whatsoever.

> What will an exorcism do ? where was it derived? How can you honestly believe the lord of the worlds who made us with a soul would allow another creation to possess us?

... come on

I was always skeptical, then I wasn't.

Exactly.

There is no such thing as possession by a 'demon'.

tell me...why is it that these unseen demons of which we have no proof of actually possessing us can interfere with our minds...yet we can't with theirs?

There is no possession. Only brain disorders or superstition or worry. All of which are tests from God in some way, shape, or form and require medical advise...

You believe in God, yet you can't see him... :squeez:

So the scientific view is, we don't know so they must be lying. :!!!:

Salam, check out this book http://www.duas.org/geniebook.htm, according to it, possesion by a jinn is possible. I have seen and experienced people who have been possesed, it was over a very short period of time and left as quick as it came, and I know mental illness and that does not happen like that. Before and after that I dealt with a jinn trying to mess with my life(the same jinn who possesed my mother and brother and affected my step-father's psychosis and made it worse) I think there was more then one, but there was one main one. I have seen them both in dreams and whilst awake, and I have had them slamming doors, trying to scare me and keep me awake. I had them trying to strangle me during salah, I experienced one holding me down whilst I was awake and I couldn't get up, I had them whisper my name at night, play loud music in my ear to wake me up. I was able to see jinn since I was a child and before I was muslim and even knew what jinn was, not in a vivid way like how I see humans etc, but in a more vague way, this started to stop over the passed few years and alhamdulillah I don't have this ability anymore(though many people who knew about it and wished they had this ability and said I should take advantage of it and speak to them, but I knew this was wrong and shunned this ability and sought refuge in Allah(swt) but I did tell people if I saw jinn in their house and whether they were bad or not.

Like everyone said, mental illness and health issues should be looked into first, then a knowlegable scholar or exorcist can be approached for them to diagnose whether the person is suffering from hasad, jinn possesion or some kind of sorcery or a combination of these things, or none of them and to continue with just the medical treatment and to recite duas for shifa'a like with any other illness. Salams and duas

I think I told you before about the place we used to live. Something would play with my hair while I was sleeping and when I would try to get up I couldn't move.....once I even seen swirls of smoke from the corner of my eye, scared me to death. Another time I was sleeping on the sofa and I woke up with something trying to suck all of the air out of my mouth, I jumped up, the thing ran (it was very thin and lightening fast).....I was sitting up and my eyes focused to the hallway, it peeked quickly around the corner then left.....I SAW IT! Things like this happened more than once but these were the most memorable, and it was all in the same house.....NO IT WASN'T sleep paralysis. After we moved it never happened again....so I am convinced something was in that house and it liked to pick on me. It never managed to possess me.....and do I think sorcery was involved....no I don't think so.

What did the djinni look like? where im from northwest Pakistan, they always say stuff like oh the jdinni/monsters have backwards feet and that they are in the forests/mountains and they are hairy or some say they have seen small people with weird eyes and stuff.Some say that they see burka clad women walking up and down abandoned areas at night in the countryside..

Small people is a interesting one as my friend whose a non Muslim a Swedish nurse, tells me the mental patients sometimes mention small people talking to them, however its most likely 95% insanity in all cases with mental people.

I dont know it might be mental, it might be otherworldly, you only know when you see it for yourself, and that's the issue with these matters, there's no way of proving it.

Those idiots who assume its a djinn straight away are dangerous. Medical professionals are always the priority!

Why do i always read these topics at night?

We should always seek the help of medical professionals first, before jumping to conclusions. I've seen people in the Pakistani community literally create these problems in their mind.

I do believe you can get possessed and i believe people commit sorcery. Sorcery sounds funny though after playing so many western rpg games.

Ohhhh I had a "mental disorder" ohhhh yea...that sounds right...wait wait, I feel it coming back, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa salem!!!! :sick: :wacko: :sick: :wacko:

What did the djinn look like, can you explain in better detail for me please, i am not questioning your event, im truthfully interested.